Fun, unique images, to be treasured for a lifetime

It is our goal as your wedding photographer to capture the heart of your day and to record the memories that you worked for months to create. When you look through your album, you can relive the emotions of your wedding day for generations to come.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

Wisconsin and Illinois (262) 490-2053

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Michelle R

I actually found Heidi through the knot, and we are so happy we did! She was beyond helpful and the sweetest! She constantly answered ANY questions we had, she was ALWAYS ahead of the schedule and making sure we stayed on time! It was freezing out and she kept letting us go warm... Read More up! I can't say enough good things about her. I know for any other milestones in our life we will be going to her. She was so professional and amazing at what she does! Everyone loved her, so happy and thankful that we had her for this big time in our life!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Jannie P

My husband and I loved working with Heidi! She was so attentive from the start and listened to all the photo ideas that we had. She was always available via emails and texts, and if she was not going to be as available to us, she gave us the heads up. She offered us such a great... Read More price for the photography package we chose, and even now 3 months after our wedding, we are still going through our nearly 2000 gorgeous pictures that she and her assistant Meg took of our special day. Our guests still rave about the photo booth and how much fun they had. Thank you so much Heidi and Meg for capturing so perfectly the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Brittany G

Heidi was so wonderful! She is very personable and friendly and great at what she does! You can truly tell that this is her passion just by watching her work. THANK YOU HEIDI for capturing our perfect day beautifully! Heidi is an AMAZING artist! Her photography skills are... Read More second to none and her easy going personality is the icing on the cake. She made our entire wedding party comfortable in front of the camera with her gentle directions and keen eye for detail (she caught someone's open coat pocket in a sea of many). Heidi Joy Photography captured our wedding flawlessly and we would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone with photography needs. :)

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Shelby J

Heidi was an amazing wedding photographer. Our entire wedding party complimented us on how great she was and easy to work with. She is so sweet and she was so helpful on the wedding day. She kept us on schedule for pictures, and she was a huge help getting my veil to stay in... Read More place and with touching up some makeup. We loved our engagement photos from her and are so excited to see pictures from the wedding.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Brittany H

Pictures are something I value to have for life and capture all the best moments to bring you back to that moment in time. Heidi and her team were a dynamic duo. They went above and beyond what I asked from them, Heidi even had a few creative ideas herself and brought some... Read More festive fun glitter into our NYE wedding!! Heidi also was a calming voice full of advice while I was getting ready, not to mention how she resewed my veil for me when we found out it wouldn't lay properly in my hair, and was also a pro at taking it in and out for me without messing up my hair. She truly is a jack of all trades. I am anxious and excited to see the final product after the few sneak peeks she showed me the day of just on her camera, I know with her professionalism and hard work these pictures are going to turn out better than I can imagine. If you're looking for a photographer to not only be there to capture the biggest day of your life, but also a friend to help you through everything, Heidi is the one for you. I live in Davenport, IA and hired her out of Milwaukee, WI, I have no regrets for the extra money I spent for her travel, it was well worth it! :)

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Anastasia K

My husband and I absolutely loved Heidi. It rained most of our wedding day, but she kept us going! She literally laid down on the wet cement to get a photo of us without hesitation, and was everywhere at the wedding - including pinning up my dress midway through my ceremony... Read More almost like I had an extra bridesmaid. I am so happy we chose her.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Vicky M

Wedding was during off season but still took 3 months to get pictures. Inquired at least 10 times about the pictures and kept being told "this Saturday", then it would pass, and then "oh, next Saturday". I had to call from a different number just to get her to call me back.... Read More Paid for two photographers who just talked to each other the whole time and were looking at pictures on the camera they took the night before. My MOH had to go get them to the dance floor for our first dance, they were too busy in the back talking. Printer didn't work for people to get their photo booth photos so 3 months later I had to email them out to everyone. My pictures took so long because Heidi was working on a "gift" to me of the photo booth pictures, which was part of my package. They didn't bring the correct lenses for my sparkler pictures and didn't direct me on them, so most of those didn't turn out. Overall very unhappy and disappointed with her service.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Anna H

Loved Heidi and her entire team!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Dan S

Amazing team to work with. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Luis A

Consummate Professional! Heidi was truly amazing to work with from start to finish. She went above and beyond on our wedding day and exceeded our expectations tenfold! Heidi helped make our wedding day feel seamless and fun and captured the most beautiful photos. We received so... Read More many compliments from our wedding guests on Heidi's organization, professionalism and charming personality. To our surprised, we received our "sneak peak" within two days of our wedding! Heidi is truly phenomenal and we highly recommend her for any special occasion/wedding event.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Heidi Joy Photography was very easy and accommodating to work with. She is very creative with her work. I would highly recommend Heidi Joy Photography for your wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Betsy B

Heidi was professional and flexible to our needs. On our wedding day, there were pockets of rain. Heidi made sure to have a backup plan to the original plans we made that would allow us to work with the rain in our favor. Heidi also managed our wedding party so well that all of... Read More them were complimenting how hard Heidi worked throughout the night. If you are looking for a fun photographer that will get great shots, and lots of them, Heidi is your person. We also received our edited pictures, sneak peak and our full wedding pictures, in a very timely manner. We really appreciated all of your services before and during the wedding - THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Jeneal D

Heidi Joy Photography was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding! Heidi was so well organized in preparing for the wedding. The day of the wedding Heidi was accommodating, polite, assertive when necessary, and was absolutely wonderful to work with. She made the day... Read More run 100% smoothly, and the pictures are phenomenal. I have had so many guests tell me after the wedding that our photographer was amazing! She got some great shots of the ceremony without being obtrusive in any way. We received sneak peek photos less than a week after the wedding, and we love them! Can't wait to see the rest! At a price much better than others in the Lake Geneva area, but service that is unbeatable, I would HIGHLY recommend Heidi Joy Photography!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Sherry S

I am the mother of the bride. When my daughter got engaged I helped research vendors for her for the wedding. We live in a suburb of Chicago and the wedding was going to be just north of Milwaukee. Since this was my first wedding I was helping plan, since mine 34 years ago, I... Read More had no idea what to do. I google photographers in Milwaukee and I started looking at their work, cost, size of studio and I read many many reviews. I spent hours researching photographers. I finally narrowed our choice down to five to meet with. We went to see Heidi first and my daughter decided she didn't need to see anyone else. She and Heidi connected and we signed a contract. Heidi worked with us on what the couple wanted from her and she customized the perfect package for their wedding. While we were at her studio she showed us a few pictures she had just shot at our venue. I had looked at so many different photos shot there by so many photographers and they began to look the same. She had shot some in locations I didn't know was at the venue. When I said something about that, she said before she shot her first wedding there she spent two hours exploring the grounds. That sold me! Heidi also photographed their engagement photos. My daughter wanted them taken here in Illinois and Heidi had no problem with that. They had a fun time with that shoot and their pictures turned out beautiful. On the wedding day Heidi was at the hotel bright and early taking photos of everyone getting ready. There was a few times my daughter just needed a break and her sister(the maid of honor) just asked Heidi to give her some time. That did not mean a break for her and Lauren though, they just went on to capture the dresses, the rings, the brides maids, the grounds of the venue where they were getting ready and so on. Heidi and Lauren worked so hard and they put everything into capturing the emotions of not only the wedding but the whole day. It's not just about taking a picture to Heidi it's also about capturing the real emotion and making it a piece of art. Less then a week after the wedding she had a sneak peek album for us on line. I was shocked! That was fast! Then the full album was available to view a couple of weeks later. Wow! Less than a month I could not believe it. Oh, and to top it off the pictures are incredible. It is making it very hard for the couple to narrow their favorites down so their album isn't to heavy to carry.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Katie K

We absolutely loved Heidi Joy! What am amazing photographer to have capture your special day. Being a plus size self-conscious bride, I knew it would be a challenge to find someone that understood. Heidi was more than accommodating and I can't thank her enough. She knew just... Read More when I was feeling overwhelmed with photos and family and was extra sensitive to family dynamics. She captured every photo I wanted and gave use so much more! Heidi did both our engagement photos as well as our wedding day. She went out of her way to ensure I got everything I wanted. Distance was not a problem for her and she drove quite a long way to come photograph our wedding. We are forever grateful to Heidi and her team for making our wedding everything I hoped for!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Danyelle S

I have had the best experience with Heidi. She was so easy to work with and we always seemed to be on the same page about everything. I am so happy with my pictures that she captured of our special day. I will be recommending Heidi to all of my friends in the future!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Jordan B

Meg Ray, who works at Heidi Joy Photograph, is a close friend of mine, and she took my fiancee and my engagement photos. Meg was wonderfully fun, helpful, creative, and confident. I can tell in all our photos how comfortable my fiancee and I were during the shoot. She has a... Read More great eye for recognizing interesting settings and knows how to use the surroundings to her advantage. I love all of the photos that came out of our session!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 K B

Heidi and her assistant Megayn are absolutely amazing! Even though she's based out of Wisconsin, she travels to Illinois as well (which is where our wedding was). When we first met with her for our consultation, we told her about our hockey themed wedding and she gave us so... Read More many ideas before we even booked with her! We knew then that she was the photographer for us. She is very organized and sent us a form to complete that lists every imaginable detail, which helped immensely with the flow of the photographing. We actually finished the church pictures earlier that expected and I know it was because she had everything worked out ahead of time with how she wanted to photograph everything. Our guests were impressed at how both Heidi and Megayn were doing whatever it took to get the best pictures (even laying on the floor of the church!) Then we went to an ice arena for pictures in between the ceremony and reception. This is where we they both blew our socks off!!! Heidi was sitting and laying on the ice! Our families and bridal party kept asking us where we found her because she was that awesome - not only in personality (which is bubbly and you can't help but feel comfortable with her), but because she did whatever she needed to get the best angles for the pictures. I also wanted to surprise my fiance with a guest appearance by his favorite team's mascot and Heidi offered to be the contact person to help make it happen - which it did! I look forward to seeing our pictures and am completely confident they look amazing because of her hard work and dedication! Heidi really helped make our wedding what it was and we can't thank her and Megayn enough!!!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Catherine K

Heidi was WONDERFUL. We could not have been more happy with our experience and photos. She returned my MANY emails promptly and was wonderful to work with. She went above and beyond trying to get our photos done quickly knowing that I was dying to see them. I would highly... Read More recommend her.

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Evin J

The good: Heidi is very nice and did a great job the day of. The photos turned out pretty great! Nothing too creative but she did some cool stuff with lighting and all-in-all we're happy with how they all turned out. The bad: Heidi was terrible at the business end of the... Read More process. Many emails and calls went unanswered. When I followed up, she had said, on many occasions, that the email must have been lost. I was concerned, with other reviews, saying that they didn't receive the final photos for months after the wedding day. Considering, I worked with Heidi, in the beginning, to put a date in the contract as to when the photos were due. Well, the due date came and went and we received the final photos weeks after they were due. In addition, the additional photo requests and the requested editing was never done. I just didn't have it in me to follow up with her AGAIN and get no response. In the end, we're happy with the end result. However, if I had to do it again, I'd go with someone else. The added stress and frustration just was too much.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Colleen L

We had a great experience working with Heidi Joy Photography for our wedding in November! Emily was our assigned photographer, and she was very accommodating and efficient throughout our engagement photos as well as on our wedding day. We had a large wedding party and I was... Read More initially worried that we wouldn't have enough time for all the photos, but Emily made sure we were on time and got so many great shots! During our reception/dancing, Emily was on the dance floor with us taking a lot of fun pictures. Our bridal party really enjoyed Emily as well and everyone was very comfortable with her. I would highly recommend Heidi Joy Photography for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Amy F

We had a great experience with Heidi Joy and Emily, our photographer, was amazing. Our wedding day was cold, rainy, and wet and she went above and beyond to make sure we got a ton of pictures and they turned out beautiful! Would definitely recommend.

Heidi is wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Ashley F

Heidi went above and beyond on our wedding day. After our party bus from church to reception broke down she was the first one to grab the groom and myself to go start photos until the rest of the bridal party could catch up. Then while taking photos at our reception location, a... Read More young caddy boy came and said that we couldn't take pictures at that location because we hadn't paid. I explained to the boy that we had indeed paid but when he wouldn't leave Heidi went to talk to him and got him to leave with out further questioning. She was our spokesperson when things got stressful and I was very thankful for that. My photos turned out beautiful as well. I couldn't be happier with them! Occasionally she was a little difficult to get a hold of, but shes busy! She always got in touch with me within a few days of reaching out to her.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Paige S

We are so happy we chose Heidi Joy Photography for our wedding. Our wedding day ended up being cold and raining, I thought there would be no way we would be able to take photos outside but Heidi was able to capture some fantastic photos of us outside as we had wanted. Heidi made... Read More us feel comfortable and captured our special day so beautifully. We are absolutely in love with our pictures and are so happy we chose Heidi Joy Photography for our wedding.

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Sarah S

We had both our engagement and wedding pictures taken by Heidi and both experiences were wonderful! When the wedding day came she was full of fun ideas for pictures and put everyone at ease. No stress for this bride! We couldn't be happier with our decision to work with... Read More Heidi.

Heidi Mott

I’ve always felt silly making introductions and writing a fancy paragraph about my accomplishments; so lets just get to know each other a little better instead. My passion in life is exploring the unknown with my hubby. We love to travel, try new things, and of course our two cats (Zoog & Myla) Our cats are more like our children. At some point if you have not already you will see a photo of them. My other passion in life is capturing moments. I am so lucky to have such great people to work with and I wouldn't trade that for the world. I would love to hear all about you & your special day!