To Tell The Story Of Love

We are a team of fine art documentary photographers. We believe life is insanely beautiful. We want to document you as you are, the moment as it is, and to tell the story of your life. A lovely photo isn’t just about technical detail: it’s about sentiment and genuine human connection. It’s about the experience of celebrating a new life together, and the love that has motivated it all.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Kansas City, MO (641) 691-0201

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Christina C

We absolutely loved Rita! She was incredible and radiant, making our love for each other truly show! Every interaction with her and her team was so easy going. We used her for everything this past year, from our engagement session, our wedding weekend- rehearsal dinner included-... Read More and to cover the birth of our daughter! We loved that we got to know her so well before the big day. Even though we lived out of state, she could meet with us several times. She got to know us as a couple understanding what we wanted for our special day. The communication before the event was amazing! She went out of her way to meet with us, even when she had been working all day completing three even four other shoots that day! When we started planning, one of the first things we started looked for was a photographer. We searched for a few months, but once we found Rita, we knew instantly that she would be perfect. Rita is one of the most committed photographers that I have ever met. Even when life threw her curveballs, she remained professional and committed. We are blown away! Her photographs are amazing and we are so excited to keep seeing more as she is finishing the editing process. Everyone who we have shown her work to is amazed at the quality and attention to detail! We absolutely rave about her, her professionalism, her work, and her relaxing and fun personality. She is spectacular. She has a commanding presence helping everyone stay on track while paying attention to details with a very special eye. She goes out of her way to ensure that the day is exactly as you want it covered! She has the ability to corral over fifty people for a family shot. She took us outside the church for better lighting because she knew the quality of the photographs would be higher. She constantly strived to give us the highest quality of work. Her fun loving nature helped us relax. Between Rita and Josh, they captured every moment with a natural ease even with bumpy roads on a trolley, unseasonable warm weather and crowds at Crown Center, and a very distractible bridal couple and bridal party. Her artistic eye enables magical shots of our special day. She captured our whimsical and goofy nature. Everyone we met with asked who was shooting our wedding, and when we told them it was Rita, their faces lit up. It is not hard to understand why because she is such a joy to work with and ensures she will do everything absolutely possible to get every shot, every angle! She commands the scene maintaining our timeline and our wish list of shots. We haven't received our full album but know it will be stunning! Rita covered the birth of our daughter and we received the album within a week. Our engagement album was sent with just as much promptness. We cannot wait! One of our highest priorities was ensuring that our memories were preserved. With Rita at the helm, we focused on our day knowing that our memories would not only be mental memories, but would forever be captured with her camera and lens! We would highly recommend Rita and Heirloom Photography! They absolutely deserve all of the praise that they have been given and more!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Anastasia H

Rita is the absolute best!! We booked her for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. After we showed our family and friends our engagement photos, they loved the photos so much that they wanted to be sure we were going to book her for our wedding as well! She is the most... Read More fun to work with and all of the photos she took were absolutely gorgeous.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sean R

We recently had our wedding and we worked with Heirloom Photography. We had an amazing experience with Rita and Heirloom overall. We had a large wedding with 450 guests and a very large wedding party of over 30. Rita took the time to not only get all the detailed shots which we... Read More love and turned out great but she also took the time to work with our entire wedding party and get a bunch of really good shots. We wanted someone who was able to take pictures while we were getting ready and all the way until the end of the night and Rita did this without hesitation working a very long day and keeping a great attitude throughout the entire day. Rita also takes some of the most amazing photographs we have ever seen. Brooke’s number one thing about the wedding she was worried about was photographs to help preserve the memory of the day and Rita went above and beyond. Her photographs are amazing and we are so excited to keep seeing more as she is finishing the editing process. We couldn’t have been happier with our engagement and wedding photos working with Heirloom. We can’t thank Rita enough and would highly recommend her to anyone we know who is looking for a great photographer!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Geneva A

My husband and I love the photos from Heirloom! Working with Rita and Jen was great. We ran into some rain and scheduling changes day of, and they kept their cool and managed to fit in all the shots we wanted. We are seriously obsessed with these photos! We haven't been able to... Read More stop looking at them- so so many amazing shots that capture everything we felt at the wedding.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Geneviève D

I am beyond pleased with the work of Heirloom Photo Company. I knew they did phenomenal work based on their portfolio alone, and even still I was blown away with how they captured our day. They are organized, attentive, personal and are good at knowing exactly what it is you... Read More want! They have all the honorable qualities of trustworthy businesswomen and on top of that, they're fun! With them, you can forget the camera is there and truly relax. If you're budget is tight and you're unsure about spending money on your photographer, let me try and convince you that it's well worth it. Never will you regret having the honest, breathtaking, candid photos to reflect on for years to come. That's the kind of work Heirloom does!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Jamie L

Talk about a committed photographer... Jen shot photos for our wedding on the hottest day of the summer with a heat index over 100! She has such a sweet personality while always having order and being time efficient during portraiture! Absolutely would recommend Heirloom Photo... Read More Company for engagement and wedding photos!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jill B

Rita was absolutely amazing!!! She captured all the sweetest and most meaningful moments of our special day. Not only is she creative and fun, but she is able to manage a group of people and get pictures taken in a timely manner. Rita took my stress away as a bride because she... Read More knew exactly what to do in every situation!! She thinks of the little things that you can't think of especially in the heat of the moment. And the best about Rita is she knows how to calm nerves and create a relaxing enjoyable environment! Thank you Rita!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Rachael S

Rita and Jen are the best photographers and people in the world. Everything from the engagement photos, to communication leading up to the event, to the wedding day itself, was so easy and fun because Rita and Jen are at the top of their game. On the day of, our families were... Read More not the most cooperative or easy to corral, but Rita took charge and made sure things ran smoothly. Our photos are incredible and we still can’t believe they’re ours. We feel so lucky to have found Heirloom and are so happy we made this investment- we will truly cherish these photos forever and couldn’t recommend Heirloom highly enough.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Hannah O

I'm so happy that we chose Heirloom! Rita shot both our wedding and engagement photos, and every picture was completely unique and beautiful. I was determined not to do a first look before walking down the aisle, so they were working with some time constraints, but they stayed... Read More calm and collected and still got every photo I wanted and more! Rita finds the most beautiful angles and poses. At one point she was even lying down in the street in the middle of downtown blocking traffic for me... and those pictures are incredible! Thank you Heirloom!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Lindsey I

Looking back on our wedding day now, I can not imagine surviving this journey without Rita. During all of our planning, I never once had to worry about what we were getting into with Rita. She was so on top of having details planned out ahead of time. When we were a week out, my... Read More now husband and I both were calling/emailing/texting her simultaneously throughout the same day at times. She never once made us feel like bugging the crap out of her. The day we left together to travel to our destination, she arrived at the airport on time and excited to be there with us! I could not believe how prepared this girl was!! Back ups upon back ups, for lenses, cameras, packing situations, ANYTHING! I really felt like no matter what, she was going to get these pictures. For our ceremony, I knew Rita’s extreme talent would be perfection after utilizing her for our engagement pictures. But I think what I wasn’t even slightly prepared for, was how over the top Rita’s care for us would end of being that day. We decided to travel to have a beach wedding, with just us. We knew that was going to put a lot of the tasks the day of onto ourselves. Had we not had Rita there, I have no clue how we would have gotten it all done. She helped us to remain calm the entire afternoon, while kindly keeping us on time. When it came time to get dressed and do our official “first look”, I had a minor panic attack and ended up unstringing all 24 (or was it more??) cross sections of looping completely out of my corset dress. Rita took on my “Maid of Honor” roll and looped every last one together, went under my hot dress (yes we got to be real close friends) pinning this and that. All with a smile and an eager attitude to be there for me. Who else can say their wedding photographer would ever even offer to do that?? Let alone, ACTUALLY do it?! Unheard of, I can assure you of that. Our ceremony was magic, and while we had to meet several other new strangers who were our vendors for the hour, it was comforting to now have Rita on our side as an comrade. She turned into our planner, when we needed someone to take the lead. When the ceremony was over, she was continually on the look out for us, asking if we needed more tissues, more champagne, some time alone to soak it all in. We ended our ceremony by getting in the ocean and played around. Some photographers would have refused to get in the water themselves, but Rita was so thrilled to be apart of the fun! She jumped right in, & soaked her entire outfit on our behalf. After the ceremony, we had a a very quickly approaching dinner reservation and the hotel transport staff was rude and unwilling to work with us. Rita stood up for us, tried to help with all of our evening plans. I swear, half of our entire wedding night dinner, all my husband and I did was talk about how amazing Rita was and how everything went so smoothly because SHE was there. I could go on and on about how amazing of a person Rita has been to us, there truly are not enough words of gratitude and thanks to send to her. Im hoping my review can act as a testament to her character, her charisma and her passion for not only photography, but for people in general. I can assure you, going with any other company would have been a horrible mistake. It takes not only top notch talent, but kindness and consideration to get through something like this. Rita truly is the whole package!!" See full review on her website- the knot limited me!!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Lailee L

From the moment that I read Heirloom's story and passion for taking pictures and capturing beauty in the moment, I knew they were a perfect fit and wonderful addition to any wedding! Jen was truly phenomenal and charming and am so excited to have not only her talent as a part... Read More of our wedding date, but her great sense of adventure and caring heart. From our first get together at Starbucks to laughing in the freezing cold and wandering around Westside, my fiancé and I knew we wanted to have Jen as a part of our big day! She offered great outfit and location advice, which calmed many nerves and answered many questions before our engagement shoot. By the time it rolled around, we felt well prepared and positively giddy with excitement! Jen celebrated our love with us, and we felt like we were on a mini-date, and able to be ourselves and very natural. Jen identified and captured our favorite parts of being a couple! We are so thrilled to spend an entire day with her & excited to share our new photographer and friend with our family and bridal party! You truly cannot go wrong with Heirloom!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Whitney D

Heirloom Photo Company's talent is apparent from just a quick glance at their portfolio. What you can't see in a photograph is the heart that goes into their work and how absolutely wonderful the people behind the camera are. From our first meeting, to engagement photos, to... Read More our wedding day I have always been confident and excited about Heirloom's role in our Best Day Ever. Rita and Jen are a dream team. They work efficiently and make ordinary moments memorable by capturing emotion and harnessing natural light. It is certainly more than the click of a camera - a lot of work goes into the details of photos; emotions are high, weather is unpredictable, and surprises pop up. These two not only take beautiful pictures, but they make you feel at ease and comfortable. And they make it look effortless. They are more than photographers too. After a mild dress crisis arose, Rita literally saved the day and sewed my wedding dress! She was calm and cool about the whole thing. Our first look was fun and family portraits were a breeze. The best part is that it was easy - like hanging with your closest friends who also happen to be kick ass photographers. We will cherish our photos forever and can't wait to have our Heirloom friendtographers capture more of our adventures in life.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Kayte H

Heirloom Photo Company is the absolute best! Not only are our wedding photos beautiful, but they are natural and capture the spirit of the day without being forced. The ladies went above and beyond their photographer duties by helping us run our day, even cleaning up a spill on... Read More the dance floor, and still managing to spare a couple of minutes to have some fun with the wedding party. They are fun, gracious and amazingly talented. I can't wait until I have more life events to capture in photos because I want Heirloom there for all of it. They are truly wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Hannah R

I really don't know how to express how amazing Heirloom Photo Company is. Between Rita doing our engagement shoot and then Rita and Jen shooting our wedding, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences. There has never been a time when I was disappointed in what they captured.... Read More In fact, they exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say I have never met someone who does it better than they do. Not only are they excellent photographers, but they are excellent people. Throughout my wedding day, they made me laugh (a lot), helped me any way they could, and were always so kind. I feel truly blessed that they were there to capture our wedding day. Tyler and I always said that we wanted our photos to tell our wedding story since they're the only things we will have left to look back on to remember the day. I feel very grateful that Rita and Jen were there, because when we look back on these pictures, every beautiful detail will be there and the memories will continue to live on. Thank you both so so so so much for what you did for us! We are forever grateful!! Love you guys! Love, Hannah

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Lindsey F

I swear, we had the absolute BEST photographer in the world. We recently got our engagement pictures taken by Rita and are over the moon with how amazing they turned out. Her website shows her stunning talent, but going through a session with her- its easy to see why so many... Read More people adore her!! She made us feel so comfortable, and kept us laughing the entire session. I HATE getting my picture taken and she made it seem so natural. I didnt even care that we were in a busy park. She helped keep our focus on each other, and our puppies. I never once felt super awkward or posed or that she had anyone on her mind but our little family. You can tell she LOVES what she does, and I feel like that truly comes across in her artwork. Looking over these pictures, I feel like she really captured US. I am so SO grateful for you Rita and your artistic eye!! You truly are a beautiful person inside and out. We will continue to use Rita for everything major in our lives. I wouldn't trust life's most precious memories to be captured by anyone else.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Tyler N

We were on a budget, but having high quality wedding pictures was important to us. Heirloom Photo Company worked with our budget, and they provided us with pictures that were even nicer than we'd imagined. They were friendly, fun to have around, and respectful. The pictures they... Read More took were incredible. Thank you, Rita and Adri. We were so impressed with you guys, and the photos you took were amazing.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jeri S

Rita and Jen were absolutely AMAZING to work with!!! From planning for our wedding, to helping stay on schedule that day, to just in general being there for anything we needed they were truly the best to work with. They were sending me photos the next morning and had the blog... Read More updated with our pictures the next day, which is very hard to come by as many photographers take weeks even months before you get to see anything. They were such a blast and made us feel relaxed even when it can be uncomfortable to pose, they were ready and willing to go to the greatest lengths to ensure we got every shot we wanted and ones we never knew we did. I highly recommend working with Rita and Jen to capture your special day, I couldn't be more grateful for the fabulous moments they captured and will treasure them for the rest of my life. Thanks Heirloom you guys are the best ever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amy N

Rita and Adri went above and beyond. They were truly amazing to work with. From the first day I met Rita we clicked and I knew instantly my wedding would be even more perfect with her by my side capturing every moment. You will not be disappointed one bit. Thank you so so much... Read More Rita & Adri!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Erin M

Jen provided exceptional service and our wedding photos are beyond my expectations! Jen is a true artist and it is clear that she has a passion for her work. Our wedding day is captured beautifully and I am so grateful for her work to preserve our memories in this way. Thank... Read More you, Jen!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Laura N

Heirloom Photo Company is FANTASTIC. We worked with Rita for our engagement shoot and our wedding day. I am so impressed with how the day of photos turned out. Rita and team went above and beyond. She was by my side the entire day and acted not only as our photographer, but our... Read More day of coordinator. She was constantly providing input that simplified any hiccups that arose. There were even moments she took my phone and solved a problem without worrying me. Rita fit in easily with the wedding party and my family, which resulted in more relaxed, natural photos. Definitely hire Heirloom for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amanda F

Words cannot express the gratitude my husband and I have for Jen and Rob of Heirloom Photo Company. I thought nothing could top our engagement pictures and then they completely blew us away with not only the beautiful and artistic photos they took, capturing every little detail... Read More of our day, but also going above and beyond just being amazing people as well. We couldn't be more grateful for the priceless gift they gave us. Thank you so much! Worth every penny and more!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kara N

Holy cow what can I say about Rita and Heirloom Photo Company! Rita and Brooke did a fantastic job with the photos. We had a couple snafus throughout the day and Rita was there to solve every problem there was, some had nothing to do with photos. Rita was a great support for me... Read More and I don't think I could have gotten through the day without her. She is very passionate about her work and you can tell by not only her photos but she knows exactly what she is doing. I am so glad we splurged on our photographer because we couldn't have asked for something better. I cannot wait to see the rest of our photos. Thank you so much to Rita, Brooke, and Heirloom Photo Company!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Hayley M

I am SO glad I chose Heirloom to capture our wedding day! I always have felt awkward in the past with getting photos taken but Jen and team did an amazing job! She is so knowledgeable about the lighting and what to do that it's truly effortless. So far I've received my sneak... Read More peak blog and I'm in love with the quality of the photos and the details they've captured! They're also so fun to have around! My friends and family also have commented on how great they are! You won't be sorry!! We will definitely hire Heirloom again for any future photos. Thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Katie Z

Heirloom Photo Company's pictures speak for themselves. They are breathtaking and captured so many beautiful moments throughout my wedding day. Along with their beautiful photography, Jen was incredible to work with. She guided me through every part of my day. From coordinating... Read More events, getting everyone situated, and even tracking down wine for a toast - she was always on top of things and anticipating what was next so I didn't have to. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Linda P

Choosing Heirloom Photo Company to photograph my wedding was the easiest and best decision I made. Within moments of talking to Rita on the phone, I had decided that not only did I want her as my photographer, but as my friend. She is the most genuine, patient, passionate,... Read More warm, talented person I've ever met. She captures the real moments and raw emotions- the beautiful chaos, the laughter, the tears…. Looking through our pictures allows me to relive the day all over again. Pick Heirloom Photo Company! I promise it will be the best decision you make!

Rita Clark & Jen Britt

OUR PHILOSOPHY: Beauty surrounds us, it is in our natural movement and genuine expressions. It exists in joy and in pain. It is in the love we share with each other. In the nature that surrounds us, and in the items we hold dear. We are journalistic photographers. We want to document the moment as it is, to capture the beauty that you are, and give you a timeless gift. Still frames that tell a story and truly speak of the beauty that is your life.