Weddings Are Our Special Pleasure!

Helga's is an acclaimed Washington area caterer with over 30 years experience delighting brides as well as clients like the Washington Opera. This family-owned catering service offers complete wedding planning services - plus creative solutions for every budget.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Seafood

Dietary Options

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

6710 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA (703) 556-0780

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 W C

My wife and I had a positive experience with Helga's catering with our October wedding this year. Michael was very easy to work with and accommodating with the various changes that we wanted. He made us feel comfortable right from the start and was responsive to emails. He even... Read More made time to come do a walk-through with us at the wedding venue. The food was fantastic and our guests thought so too! We would highly recommend Helga's for any sort of catering service.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 lauren f

We used Helga's for our wedding and would definitely use again and very much recommend!! Very easy to work with, food was wonderful, and overall experience was great!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Joyce M

We have used Helga's for two of our daughters' weddings and cannot say enough wonderful things about them. On both occasions the food was fantastic and their staff professional yet very personable. Would hire them again in a second!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Michele B

I would highly recommend Helga's. Their responsiveness was outstanding prior to and during the wedding of my daughter. The food and service was excellent, The guests told us that the food was great. I highly recommend them to cater your event. I have already recommended them to... Read More people in the process of planning a wedding without reservation and with a 5 star review.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jennifer R

Absolutely amazing ! Michael is so amazing to work with, very patience and willing to accommodate. I would definitely recommend if your look for a catering company.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Andrew H

Helga's Caterers was wonderful to work with. Michael was a delight - provided honest feedback, suggestions on menu items and substitutions, and was ultimately very responsive to all of the questions that we had. He also provided plenty of assurances on how the catering would... Read More work on the day of the ceremony. As a result, we were very relaxed and comfortable knowing that the food would be handled well! Helga's catered both a rehearsal dinner, a cocktail hour and the reception dinner. Food was well received by all of our guests - we heard many compliments about it (plus, we liked what we eventually got to eat!). The staff Helga's uses is also very friendly and always had a smile on their face. Would definitely recommend Helga's for any future brides and grooms.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Tanya S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Helga's catering and highly recommend them for any type of function. They recently catered our daughter's wedding and it was fantastic.!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Diane B

I would hire Helga's again in a second! Michael and his staff did an incredible job at our wedding last month. Our friends are still talking about how great the food was, the buffet and tables were beautifully arranged, and the service was perfect all night. I didn't have a... Read More wedding coordinator and Helga's made sure everything ran beautifully. Throughout, they accommodated all of my questions, requests, and schedule and made great suggestions. We met with some other caterers who had over the top showrooms (and matching prices) but Helga's food spoke for itself. From the tasting to the post wedding clean-up, I couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Zorana B

Where do I even start ?! Please please if you have a chance to work with Helgas DO NOT hesitate !! They were so beyond incredible to work with and our wedding wouldn't have gone so smoothly if not for them ! From the first time speaking to Michael and meeting and hearing his... Read More calming nature, I knew Helgas was the right choice ( they were the only ones to actually take a phone call with me vs just emailing !) He even worked with our budget and made changes as we needed. It didn't just stop at the initial proposal and tasting with their outstanding customer service ! One of the admins Lynda answered all my questions on details for the wedding and was a supportive soundboard as I talked things through, making the whole wedding planning process so doable and fun ! And everyone on the wedding day from Francisco to his wife Judy to the bartenders and wait staff worked so hard to make sure everything went exceptionally well!! I can not thank all of Helgas staff for making everything leading up to our wedding to the wedding day for being so beyond amazing!! Genuinely and sincerely everyone at Helgas are there for the clients and that is so hard to find these days ! Oh and the food ?!! BEYOND DELICIOUS !!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Helga's Caterers did an outstanding job and we loved working with them on our wedding on June 19, 2016 . Michael and every single one of his staff members were awesome and very helpful. The food was delicious and Michael made sure we had bilingual staff - since most of our... Read More family only speak spanish. The staff really made it easy for us to have a great (stress free) time at our wedding…and for that, we could not thank you enough. We sincerely thank Helga's Caterers for every detail (big or small) that you put into our wedding reception. We couldnt have wished for a more wonderful night. We highly recommend them for your event, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Ale B

Helga's did an outstanding job in our wedding on June 19, 2016 . Michael ( the owner) and every single one of the staff members were awesome and very professional. The food was delicious and since most of our family only speak Spanish, Michael made sure that the staff were... Read More bilingual - thanks for that. The staff really made it easy for us to have a great (stress free) time at our wedding…and for that, we could not thank you enough. They took care for every detail (big or small) in our wedding reception. We couldn't have wished for a more wonderful night. We highly recommend them for any event.You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Mary Kate M

We absolutely loved working with Helga's for our wedding! They were recommended to us by our venue staff, and were fantastic from start to finish, meeting with us to sample the menu, communicating and checking in with us at all stages, and were absolutely wonderful the day of... Read More the wedding. We had a brunch wedding, and everything was delicious. They were amazing about working in all the small details we wanted to include (homemade banana breads for each table, mini doughnuts for place cards), and made everything easy. They were affordable and professional, and we couldn't recommend them more highly.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Udit M

Helga's Caterers provided food for our wedding and they had such a broad array of food choices it was wonderful. For the rehearsal dinner we had German food with sausages, spaetzle, red cabbage, kartelpuffer. Appetizers at the wedding we had Indian samosas, chicken skewers with... Read More peanut sauce, for dinner we had pork loin and beef tenderloin. We also had Indian food catered that was delivered and Helga's did a great job of making sure it was handled properly. Not only did Helga's handle food, they also helped with setting up/take down chairs for our outdoor ceremony, have bartenders who did phenomenal job making the bar area look professional, clean and inviting. One of our important requests is that we wanted no lines at the bar -- we did not want people to socialize in line. They made sure the line was only a couple of people long.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Grace L

If you hire Helga's, you won't be disappointed. We were looking for a caterer that had excellent tasting food, offered bar options and could provide the wedding cake, too. With all the stress of planning a wedding, it's so nice to be able to rely on a vendor who handles it all... Read More and provides the equipment, supplies and decor, if needed. The staff was amazing and courteous, the food went fast! There was plenty of food and everyone had seconds. There wasn't much left over, which meant our guests loved all of it! In fact, guests were raving about how good the food was long after our event. Helga's made sure everything ran smoothly- we didn't even notice any of the clean up. Excellent caterer and so pleasant to work with. I've recommended them to friends who are getting married and would love to use them again for future events!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Julie T

From start to finish, Helga's was great to work with. They helped us develop a unique menu to fit the style of our wedding. The food was excellent and so was the service. They won us over in part because they were able make the tasting fit our schedules, and the food sold us... Read More from there.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Zack G

Helga's catered my wedding and, based on that experience, I would recommend them to someone looking for a solid caterer at a reasonable price. Throughout the planning and coordinating process Michael was great to work with; he was responsive, good recommendations and options,... Read More and accommodating. We did have one issue pre-wedding, though, when a few days before our wedding they asked us where our ceremony is taking place even though we had clearly already gone over this. Compounding the issue, a woman at Helga's - I believe it was Lynda - was patronizing and spoke to my wife like she was being crazy when my wife was reasonably concerned that such an important question was being asked so close to the event. We got it squared away and the night went off almost without a hitch. I say almost because by the end of the night we were all getting our drinks served in red solo and styrofoam cups because they ran out of glasses. I'm not one to get bent out of shape at such things, it was toward the end of the night and we were having a blast, but when we're paying you thousands of dollars for a service the last thing I expect is get drinks served in disposable cups. Even with those hiccups, though, I would still recommend Helga's as they were reasonably priced (DC services can be just stupidly expensive), did a good job, and our guests were hitting the buffet for seconds (a good sign when it comes to food).

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Cheryl D

Helga's catered our June wedding - they were great! The buffet was attractively arranged, the food was delicious. Michael was great to work with in the planning stage. The wait staff was attentive to details and worked to make everything run smoothly. Reasonably priced. Highly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Julie M

We had a wonderful experience with Helga's! Everything from the tasting on was very personalized and professional. They were able to work with our tight budget and give us great options. They even helped us out at the very last minute when we realized we forgot about glasses for... Read More our champagne toast! We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alyona K

Helga's did a wonderful job with the catering for our wedding. They were confident, collaborative, and responsive throughout our planning process, giving us piece of mind. We love that they are a family-owned business and it shows in the care, attention, and flexibility they... Read More gave us. They are the best value compared to other vendors in the area, and the food tasted great. We ended up having some last minute guest number changes they allowed us to accommodate, and facilitated some difficult scoping conversations with our venue. We highly recommend Michael and his team!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 M D

Helgas was easy to work with, knew what they were doing and guided us through our wedding planning. We enjoyed talking and emailing Michael and Linda and when our day came everyone was so professional, relaxed and helpful. The food was top notch. We are so thrilled -the Briar... Read More Patch staff recommended them and they exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda S

Our taste test with Helga's made the decision for us, on the spot. My husband got stuck at work and couldn't attend, so they boxed everything we tasted up so he could try it at home. Helga's was not only the best priced option we found in the DC area, but we were amazed at the... Read More quality of food. That would have been enough, but they were also both extremely flexible (we supplied our own alcohol, they bartended) and complete professionals for our ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amy S

Helga's catered a wedding brunch for 75 out-of-town guests at our home this summer. The food was excellent, and Lynda was careful about every detail. We were extremely pleased with the wait staff -- they were a delight and very hard working. A very grateful mother of the... Read More bride

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amy S

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Kimberly V

My husband and I were very happy with the service we received from Michael Evans and Helga's Catering. We had been exhaustively searching for caterers when my husband came across Helga's. From the moment we reached out to Michael and his team they were very responsive in... Read More answering our questions. Michael went above and beyond working with us to build the perfect menu for our wedding, even going as far as to create new menu items to allow us to encompass unique appetizers that held special memories for my husband and I. He was also amazingly patient in working with us to get all we wanted for the wedding in the budget we could afford (including pre-ceremony drinks, late night snacks, etc.). I wanted to be super involved with everything and Michael was ok with that, even letting me go and meet with their distributors so I could see what our tables, chairs, place settings, etc. would look like so there would be no surprises. The day of our wedding everything went perfect and tasted wonderful. I would recommend them to family and friends in a heartbeat.

Helgas Catering!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Tayor S

WONDERFUL!!!! I loved working with Helga's catering, as did my entire family. Their customer service is astounding and their food is amazing. We had SO Many raving reviews about the food and cocktail hour appetizers. On the first day meeting with them, they were very... Read More accommodating to my mom by making her a special dish since she had to be gluten free. The day of the wedding, they were perfect on time, their bartenders were great and servers were phenomenal. Thank you guys for making our day so much more special and delicious! *And for being the most affordable catering company and helping us with our budget!!! You guys are the best!!!