Henderson Castle Inn Wedding venue Banquet Restaurant

Kalamazoo, MI

Travel back in time and be treated like Royalty...

You have been dreaming all your life about this special moment. You are a princess after all and yes, you deserve the ultimate experience at The Henderson Castle. Your Castle that you may ''own " for 24 hours. A gourmet chef creates your menu for up to 150 people. Where 26 guests may stay over night

Ballroom, Castle, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented, Vineyard

Destination Wedding Packages

100 Monroe St, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 344-1827

The One­ Stop Shop is as Easy as it can get!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

The One­ Stop Shop is as Easy as it can get! My husband and I chose to get married at The Henderson Castle the moment we learned that we could have everything at one place AND spend the night there with family and friends. Most people say that planning your wedding can... Read More be one of the most stressful times of your life, but with Henderson Castle, I beg to differ! Kelcey, our coordinator at the Castle, made planning the most important day of my life amazingly easy and was extremely organized. We chose to use the Castle’s preferred vendors for DJ, Horse and Carriage, our Cake, photography and their String Quartet; not only were they all incredible, but Kelcey made it easy to work with them, scheduling meetings at the castle as well as invoicing them all together so that we didn’t have to worry about multiple due dates for payments! The day of was the most smooth day I could have ever imagined. I enjoyed the last hours as a single lady with my bridesmaids and mother and barely had to worry about anything. The grounds and the castle itself looked better I had ever remembered; photos did not do it justice! The food that the owner, Francois, prepared for us was to die for! I still have dreams about! :) Everything associated with my wedding day is positive and there is not one thing I would do differently! Thank you Henderson Castle!

Renaissance Wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

5.0 Lesia Wyatt We are a family that is in love with the Renaissance Era and Henderson Castle was the perfect backdrop! As the facilities and grounds are amazingingly gorgeous. On the 'Big Day' Sat 3/21/15, turned out to be a perfect day. It was in the mid... Read More fifties, sunny, with a slight breeze. The staff was on point, our hired actors were both impressive and entertaining. Thank you so much to all the staff and Francois for giving all of our guests a fairy tale wedding day! - John and Lesia Wyatt

Henderson Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Nicole

The venue was beautiful and my coordinator, Kelcey, was a pleasure to work with! She was very accommodating and was a trooper through the chaos of the big day! I would recommend Henderson to other brides looking for the perfect outdoor ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Brittani D

I know that this venue has lots of a great reviews and because of that my fiance and I were really excited to visit this place. Although the staff were very kind and friendly, my fiance and I felt mislead about the information provided. We were looking at a packaged deal, and... Read More had multiple emails with questions and concerns. However, once we talked in person, we were told different things. Furthermore, this space isn't very handicap/elderly friendly, as to get to the ballroom you have to go up stairs due to the fact that there is no elevator. Also, although it is advertised that they can manage 125 guest limit, all of those guest can not all fit into the dining room, needing satellite rooms, which separates yours guests. If this was very a very very very small wedding, this would be wonderful.

2015-10-27T13:42:06 Response from the vendor

Dear Brittani, Thank you for your honest review of our venue. I am sorry that you felt misled in anyway. We pride ourselves in being very forthcoming with information regarding what we are able to accommodate and after looking through your emails with our coordinator,... Read Less Read More

Amazing Venue, Amazing Staff, Amazing Wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Meagan L

There are no words to describe how amazing my wedding was at Henderson Castle. The venue was gorgeous, the staff was incredible, and the food was out of this world!!!!!! Kelcey made the planning process very easy and the staff was not only accommodating but attentive. I'm from... Read More out of state and they helped me find hairstylists, make up artists, florist, and hotels for my guests. Holly the bartender made sure no one had to wait for their drinks and Ruby at the front desk made our guests feel like family. We reserved the Castle from Friday to Sunday and each room is not only unique, but incredibly comfortable. Guests commented that the meals weren't typical wedding food, but cuisine you would get at a five star restaurant. Getting married on the lawn and the reception in the ballroom and on the roof was magical. I cannot say enough how wonderful this experience was for me. Henderson Castle and every single member of its staff made my wedding memorable and stress free. If you are looking for a dream wedding, look no further than Henderson Castle! -Meagan

Amazing venue for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Adam B

I couldn't be happier that I chose Henderson Castle as the venue for our wedding. It was so special, and just a wonderful intimate setting. I will never forget it.

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I had my wedding May 19th, 2014 at this castle. I will remember this castle forever, they had great service and friendly staff who helped with all our needs. We all stayed the night and the rooms were excellent. Our entire family fell in love with this location and still visits.

Totally kick ass!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I partied and love it! I don't get drunk often but this is the cleanest and safest place to do so. I had a lot of fun. Now I am married.

Most amazing place on earth !!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Brittany r

It sounds little bit to much, but truly the Henderson Castle is just a place where every things stop when you step in....it is almost magical...Our wedding there was just perfect ! that all I can say...the weather was fantastic, the food was splendid, the staff absolutely... Read More delightful and helpful. The Henderson Castle is by far one of the top 10 place in the USA for wedding venue with such a unique formula to book the entire place privately for 24 hours. I know what I am talking about it because I am my self a wedding coordinator and I work all over the country... I was very impress and it usually take a lot to do so....

Beautiful ! Beautiful ! Beautiful !

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I can say enough ! Where should I start ? There is too much to say ! We plan our wedding kind of at the last minutes and pick up a week day so we can save some money. We found out than I was pregnant in May ...My mum and dad insisted.....The entire staff was able to pull that... Read More out for us especially Francois and his management team ...they was just amazing from A to Z. We had a little bit over 125 peoples , the weather was perfect and the food was just fantastic..We sleep in the Italian room , Mr Henderson private quarter.... What a treat ! We did not see any ghost unfortunately...Our dual massage was just so great and the therapist was so kind and gentle...The new wine cave was absolutely phenomenal it was so cool to be drinking some wine underground....We will be returning soon with our baby ...may be... most likely....

I am the king of the world !!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Pardon my french but that is exactly how I felt at the Henderson Castle this summer. My wife was so happy and delighted to be treated as a princess. our experience and our guest experience was magnificent . I have pork loin roasted with bacon and home made cherry BBQ sauce... Read More ...to die for.My wife have a ton of allergies Chef Francois was able to satisfy every single of her request. We had reserved the horse and carousel...That was so cool definitely a lifetime memory. We had dinner outside in the new wine cave at the winery.Just lovely set up and so well done quiet of an experience here, there is nothing like it around here that is for sure. Thank you Francois for such a marvelous wedding and thank you to your staff !

Dream come true for a princess and a prince....

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sylvia P

My husband and I are high school sweet heart and discover the Henderson Castle last year when we was looking for a wedding venue in the Knot magazine. We could not believe it ! A real Castle right there in our neck of the wood ....( we are from Battle Creek MI ) We fall on love... Read More immediately and sign up on the spot ! Well every things we was dreaming about it for the last few years just happen at the Castle ! It was such a magical and spiritual moment ! The owner just added this summer an underground wine cave to complete this historical landmark as a winery ! Just brilliant ....We have our cocktail hour there that was so much fun. The food was spectacular and the hospitality above my wildest expectation....We did stay in the French room of course....and that was just lovely and so romantic...love it ! The view on the roof with the fall color was just phenomenal and the breakfast in the morning was so good....Best of the Best there is no questions about it !

Most romantic wedding venue in the midwest.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Megan S

We decided to get married at the Henderson Castle during the week because it was a better deal ( $ 1000.00 discount and a free cake ! ) That saved us about $ 2000.00 at the end of the day. But even if we spend a substantial amount of money it was worth every single... Read More pennies...Ashley the weeding coordinator of the Castle and Jennifer the GM was just great to work with. Franklin the Maitre D was awesome as well. The food was great and hot ! and well presented even with over 125 guest....that was quite remarkable all the food come with a silver cloche to keep it warm and safe...Pretty cool ...I guess according to Francois that is how they do it in France ! Very elegant that is for sure. We sleep in the tower room and Francois allow us to use the hot tub just me and my husband after 10 pm....That was very nice of him and what an amazing view at night on the city of Kalamazoo....We had the wine of the castle for dinner and they was absolutely fantastic we choose the wine tasting formula ....very informative...especially since they open the wine cave with the large outdoor patio...we will be back for Christmas for a family reunion ..can't wait....

Best valentine 's day ever !

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We decided to get married on valentine day this year my significant other and my self.Even if same sex marriage is not legally recognized yet in MI the Henderson Castle was totally GLBT friendly and extremely accommodating . Especially on a crazy date like that. We had just a... Read More small wedding only 25 peoples in the private dining room of the Henderson's...They make us feel like royalties and was so attentive to every single details....The food was superb , the service excellent . Our Server Josh even play some violin for us after dinner... Just an amazing experience.Our room the maple tree room was fantastic with the Jacuzzi tub inside. Breakfast in the morning was succulent Francois's french toast are so delicious...We was back there this summer for a friend of ours wedding and we have again a great experience with a much warmer weather off course.The entire staff treated us like family ....Thank you to the entire staff of the Henderson Castle for being so great !

Great SWM Location!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Susan M

Outside weddings are held at the beautifully landscaped gazebo to give the perfect setting for the bride and groom, with a spectacular view of the vineyard as a backdrop. The B&B has10 rooms and more under construction authentically decorated with antiques and character.... Read More Henderson Castle is also known for delicious food and fabulous presentation. Their executive chef, Francois, brings much experience to the catering “table”. The menus express French flavors from simple to elegant. From what I could see they have fantastic service. Experienced managers and banquet staff guarantee that your wedding and reception will be exactly as you have planned them to be. Friendly and accommodating receptionists welcome out of town guests as they check into a great night’s stay at the Castle. The combination of a boutique hotel, experienced and friendly staff, beautiful surroundings, and outstanding catering make Henderson Castle the ideal choice for a wedding. Mine is a few years away, but we’re looking for venues soon and I think this might be near the top of the list. (If my bff doesn’t mind sharing her venue, of course ;) )

astonishing !

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My husband and I selected the Henderson castle last year for our wedding on May day . The weather was beautiful and the facility was just amazing , what a perfect location for a wedding. The owner just added a winery with a wine Cave build underground just like in France...Very... Read More cool we actually used it for our cocktail just after the ceremony. The food was so good and well presented and hot. The entrées was all served with a silver cloche on the top than a ballet of server come to remove all in once together....You should have see the look of our guest ! so impress...especially my mother in law. The staff at the Castle did a fantastic job, very kind , very attentive to all the details we ask or add. We just loved it and plan to come back for our anniversary....

Above our wildest dreams.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

The Henderson Castle was just magical in all aspect. I was there last year for my cousin wedding and loved it ! My fiancee and I decided to book our wedding shorter after that. Francois and his staff, Jennifer , Ashley , Franklin all of them did a fantastic job. The food was... Read More fantastic, the bedrooms was great , the massage was amazing ...my first one ever...Our entire wedding party (123 peoples) just fall in love with the Henderson Castle...

Beautiful Place to Get Married

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Katie H

My fiance and I found this place on the internet and it was just over an hour away from our home. We fell in love with the look and fell even harder when we went to visit. It fit out theme perfectly. We rented the castle for 24 hours which I highly recommend doing.... Read More Henderson Castle provided the reception meal. I was able to order something not on their menu which was very helpful. Everyone said their food was amazing. The waiters were not great at asking people if they wanted soda or something besides alcohol so I had a couple of guests tell me they didn't know they could ask. I would recommend pointing that out but everyone had a great time. The cocktail hour was outside their new wine cave which was so great. That is a beautiful little spot that worked great. We had a small wedding (about 45 guests) so we were able to have the reception inside on the first floor. They don't have an elevator yet and we had some family that wouldn't have been able to use the stairs. Some family were able to spend the night since we rented the castle which was a lot of fun. We spent time in the hot tube on the roof which had an amazing view and breakfast the next morning was included and consisted of french toast that was to die for. Henderson Castle really made my wedding something extra special!

Beautiful and Hassle Free

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

My wife and I were married at the Henderson Castle in September, 2014. We wanted an all-in-one venue for the ceremony, dinner, reception, and a place our out of town guests could stay the night. The castle offered all of these things, but we weren't sure what else to expect.... Read More I can honestly say now I can't imagine our wedding happening anyplace else. We're still getting compliments on the location over a month later! The castle and grounds are beautiful - a really wonderful blend of old and new world charm. The place was MADE for pictures, especially the rooftop with the setting sun as a backdrop. The food and cake were amazing. Honestly some of the best food my wife and I have ever had at a wedding. The staff even made a vegetarian recipe my wife provided for our guests. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and made exactly as we asked. We have some real foodie friends, and everyone was impressed! The staff was perfect all night. We and our guests felt perfectly at home all evening, and were provided with anything we asked for. They helped us turn the 3rd floor reception space into a huge game room, and even went above and beyond to track down a pool table for our guests for the evening (if you stop by, ask Ashley about it - she's got a great story!). The castle staff asked us to tell them our vision, then they made it happen. They were so flexible, even allowing us to change the location of our cake cutting and first dance to the center of the dining room on the fly to accommodate some of our guests that were going to have a hard time moving to a different location. They made every part of our day feel special and easy. We had a wonderful breakfast the next morning with our friends that stayed the night, and even had a bit of leftover cake. It was a perfect way to spend some extra time with our friends from far away. We didn't want to fuss with multiple vendors and locations for our wedding, but we thought we'd have to sacrifice the wedding we wanted to make it hassle free. However, I can truly say there isn't a single aspect that could have been improved upon. Plus my wife and I were completely free to focus on our day and guests while everything was taken care of. Everything was so much more than we had even imagined. I can't recommend the Henderson Castle highly enough.

My Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

When you think of your perfect day you want one thing...no mistakes or mishaps! From the weather (outdoor wedding) to the venue, it was flawless! I can't say enough about the wonderful staff and venue. What a great place to take photos! There isn't a more gorgeous venue in... Read More the whole area. The staff made us feel like we were very special guests. We appreciated the staff and how they accommodated us and our guests. It truly was my best day ever.... Matthew & Jessica Jarrell

The most beautiful christmas wedding!

Reviewed on 12/28/2013 Sara B

I had my wedding here at the castle on Dec 22nd 2013 and I can't say how much we loved it! Everything was gorgeously decorated for the Christmas atmosphere and we didn't have to do much at all to add to it. The staff was also wonderful to work with and always answered all of... Read More our questions promptly. They also helped us out so much on the wedding day with set up. We had our ceremony inside on the beautiful staircase, and the staff was able to accommodate all of our 90 guests. Many people said it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they had ever seen! We then had a cocktail hour and the bartender (who was great and very knowledgeable/experienced) made a specialty candy cane martini just for our event. Guests were also free to look around the castle and loved seeing all of the different rooms and architecture. Dinner was amazing also! We had chicken, pork, or stuffed peppers with creamy tomato soup, rolls, and salad. The cake was custom designed by their pastry chef and made to look like a stack of Christmas gifts, everyone was very impressed and thought it was very unique. We had the reception upstairs in the ballroom and it was really fun. The DJ that the castle provided was great and took requests and did games with the guests all night long. We also had a photo booth upstairs which the guests loved (provided by studio 616). At the end of the night, my bridesmaids and I went up into the rooftop hot tub with our wine which was a perfect end to the night. Many of our wedding party and family members went down into the "man cave" to enjoy some after party drinks with the bartender which was a great way to wind down after the party. We rented out the castle for 24 hours so my wedding party and family all stayed the night in the castle. It was a great night and we had a true French breakfast in the morning which was delicious. I had such a great experience at the castle and it honestly exceeded my expectations. I planned this wedding from Virginia since my husband and I go to school there so I was a little worried about how things would turn out, but the staff was so great and knowledgeable that many guests said that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my experience. My husband and I will definitely be back to the castle to celebrate anniversaries in the future!

A DREAM CAME TRUE !

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 CLAIRE N

That was my dream since I was a little princess to get married in a castle with my prince charming....I did it ! This place is amazing and just magical. The ground was fantastic with immaculate garden . My husband insisted to hire the horse and carriage...So cool...We will be... Read More back very soon we became addicted....

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 kathy h

This was our 25 years wedding renewal with my bellowed husband. Our first one was far away to be that nice back then... The Henderson castle over exceeded our expectation on all count. It was just fantastic and the staff was so friendly and professional. The food was superb and... Read More the Castle is just a magical place....

Amazing Grace !

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 frane m

We just have our wedding at the Henderson Castle last month and every thing was perfect ! The food , the hospitality, the location,the staff was amazing and Francois the owner was so accommodating.The castle is the perfect spot for a wedding for sure !

"Wedding of the year"

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Alexandria C

My husband and I had our wedding at Henderson Castle in August 2013. The night turned out amazing. I cannot express how thankful I am to Francois, Jennifer and the staff at the castle. I have had many compliments on the location of our wedding and many people stated it was... Read More “the best wedding I’ve ever been to.” The food was AMAZING, from the appetizers to the main course to dessert to breakfast the next morning. We opted for the bacon wrapped pork and chicken penne pasta dishes. I don’t think there was a single person who left food on their plates! They were also able to cater to both vegetarian and gluten free. As for dessert, we opted for a blueberry cheesecake which was to die for! We also had individual pastries for our guests. The French toast breakfast with rolls and fresh fruit in the morning were phenomenal also. Very filling and wonderful tasting. The rooms at the castle were very clean and neat. It is definitely not a hotel. Each room has a specific theme and history. The walking tour in the castle allows to get the historical perspective of each room. The view from the roof is breathtaking, as we took many of our wedding pictures up there. There is also a large stained glass in one of the stairways, which was beautiful in the pictures. I do wish the gardens were a little more in bloom, but I’m definitely not complaining here! In terms of planning the wedding, I would expect that all venues have hiccups along the way. Francois and Jennifer worked with us every step of the way to get us what we wanted. The day of the wedding, we had an outdoor wedding and were able to get in a set up earlier than the usual check-in time, for which I was so grateful for. The dinner service could have used more staffing. I think if dinner was indoors, it would have been enough, but it took a while outdoors to get all of the plates served. At the end of the night, I was a happy bride and would not have changed my venue for anything.