23+ years of private-event and club experience.

Herbert Holler is one of the most recognized, in-demand DJs in New York City and beyond. He specializes in providing the perfect music for your event, be it a frenzied dance floor or a background soundtrack to set the mood. He uses his 23-plus years of event-production experience, extensive knowledge of dance music dating back to the '50s, 13-plus years of full-time professional deejaying, and an uncanny knack for reading dance floors to keep you and all of your guests happy and having fun. Please feel free to contact Herbert today to discuss your next big event!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Shanti I

Music and reception experience were the most important wedding elements to me. In the planning process, this was TOP priority. And we could not have made a better choice. DJ Herbert really made our wedding special. Everyone (and I mean everyone) was on the dance floor.... Read More There were dance battles, solos, Conga lines, and more :) He played the best mix of music that all our guests enjoyed, and once the party got started, I never left the dance floor. I danced so hard that I tore my dress! He was the best. Hopefully, he will DJ my vow renewals!!

2017-05-25T20:40:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for taking the time to write this review. And I'm thrilled I was able to help make your wedding unforgettable. Call or write me anytime; I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Leticia L

Herbert Holler is an awesome pick for any of your DJ needs. Not only is he a lover of all kinds of music, he's able to read the audience and know what they respond to extremely well. Additionally, he is super professional and amazingly warm and kind. By the time he DJ'ed our... Read More wedding, I felt like I was having a family friend behind the DJ table, taking care of all of our getting down needs. And while I would blindly trust his musical taste, he definitely aims to please specifically to your needs. If you tell him what you want, you can trust that he will give you that and then some - no typical wedding playlist here. It was truly special to have him DJ our wedding. Hire him! Ticia & Troy

2017-06-16T07:45:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, guys. Really appreciate you taking the time to write this, not-to-mention flying me out to FLORENCE (!?!?!!?!?) for your gorgeous giardino wedding! It was extraordinary and unforgettable. Holler anytime!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Justin S

Herbert is the best in the business. He nailed the perfect upbeat mood for dinner and then kept the dance floor on fire deep into the night. He can read the crowd like no other. Highly recommend.

2017-06-09T17:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. (Your wedding in Venice was absolutely incredible!)

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Julie A

DJ Herbert Holler was incredible! He is the ultimate professional. During our initial meeting, he took time to get to know us, as opposed to "selling" himself. He understood our vision of having a dance party feel for our reception and carried it out perfectly. He possesses a... Read More vast, diverse knowledge of music. He arrived early, looked great, and did a wonderful job MCing for the night. Our guests still talk about how we had the best music ever at a wedding! I would recommend DJ Herbert Holler to anyone. Check out his website, too!

2017-05-31T14:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of my work. I greatly appreciate it, not-to-mention being a part of your wedding. 'Twas beautiful, and full of love, and I'm grateful! If you ever feel like shaking a tail feather, give me a... Read Less Read More

Review for Herbert Holler

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 LATOYA R

He was so in tune with what music we wanted played at our reception... The connection was awesome. Very nice guy easy to work with very professional great sense of humor.;He is pricier than most run of the mill DJs but very much worth it.

2017-05-25T20:40:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm so glad I helped make your special day a success. Please feel free to call or email me anytime; hope to see you soon!

Herbert Holler

I moved to NYC from Atlantic City in 1994. Since stepping off the bus, I've been knee-deep in nightlife fun and music. I've programmed, promoted, produced and played some of the biggest parties this city has ever known, including my now-legendary, 14-years-and-running, old-school dance party, the Freedom Party® NYC. Weddings are my favorite gigs. I get to participate in the biggest celebration of love, and be instrumental in creating everlasting memories with beautiful families. ("Family" is everything, really--I'm a husband/father of three.) Playing a wedding is truly an honor.