23+ years of private-event and club experience.

Herbert Holler is one of the most recognized, in-demand DJs in New York City and beyond. He specializes in providing the perfect music for your wedding, be it the frenzied dance floor of your reception, the conversation-friendly ambiance of your cocktail hour or the serene, magical moments of your ceremony. He uses his 23-plus years of event-production experience, extensive knowledge of popular music, 14-plus years of full-time, professional, club-and-private-event deejaying, and an uncanny knack for reading party guests to keep you and all of your loved ones happy and having fun. Please feel free to contact Herbert today to discuss your next big event!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Bollywood, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Shanti I

Music and reception experience were the most important wedding elements to me. In the planning process, this was TOP priority. And we could not have made a better choice. DJ Herbert really made our wedding special. Everyone (and I mean everyone) was on the dance floor.... Read More There were dance battles, solos, Conga lines, and more :) He played the best mix of music that all our guests enjoyed, and once the party got started, I never left the dance floor. I danced so hard that I tore my dress! He was the best. Hopefully, he will DJ my vow renewals!!

2017-05-25T20:40:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for taking the time to write this review. And I'm thrilled I was able to help make your wedding unforgettable. Call or write me anytime; I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Anna L

Herbert Holler made our wedding reception such an incredibly fun time. Everyone was dancing all night and a VERY discerning relative took me aside and said "this music is great". DJ Herbert was a pleasure to work with and played great music that we loved. He played such a cool... Read More mix of awesome tunes, some things I knew I wanted, and some other really pleasant surprises. Before the event we just told him what kinds of music we liked, we gave him a "do not play" list, and let him do the rest. And it was perfect. Imagine the coolest person you know and now imagine their favorite playlist, and that's what he played. The volume was perfect, lowering for when courses we're served and people were eating, and getting higher for times when everyone was up dancing. It was never too loud. And when it was time for announcements (such as first dance, speeches, etc.), he was great. He wasn't like one of those DJs that takes the mic at a wedding and starts yelling and carrying on and taking over the event (I've seen too many of those). Everything was so tastefully done. And beyond cool and fun. He helped elevate our reception. He made it into the greatest party. We were so happy that we had DJ Herbert at our wedding.

2017-11-10T14:49:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! Please do stay in touch!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Caroline N

I wish I could give Herbert Holler 10 stars for how absolutely wonderful he was - 5 stars don't do him justice! We were desperately in need of a DJ at the last minute, and everything about Herbert's profile and website screamed "WORK WITH HIM!" to me. Somehow, miraculously, he... Read More was able to accommodate our date - and I am so, SO thankful to him, because our wedding music was absolute and utter ****perfection****. Herbert is a true DJ's DJ - his music knowledge is broad and expansive, and his taste is impeccable. I sent him a list of songs that represented the style and tone of the music that we wanted for our wedding, and he absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark at the event. He even managed to nail the father/daughter dance song, where I asked him to start with a more traditional song and then switch to a Ben Folds Five song 30 seconds in - my father got a huge kick out of it, and I was just delighted with how well Herbert pulled this special request off for me! If you are looking for a talented, professional, hilarious and EXTREMELY chill DJ for your wedding (or any event - Herbert also founded the longest-running old school dance party in NYC!), then I really, really can't recommend Herbert Holler enough. He is the absolute best and I LOVED working with him. Seriously, WORK WITH HERBERT HOLLER. You'd be remiss not to! Thank you, Herbert - WE LOVE YOU! Love, Caroline and Ben (Yale Club, 9/16/17)

2017-11-07T14:48:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Caroline! I'm all ver klempt!!!! (Lol.) I really appreciated getting to know you and your family. It's a real privilege, and I won't forget it. Call me anytime!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kristal T

Herbert and I go way back- 2002. However, he didn't know this until I booked him for our wedding on 9/17/17. I danced many Friday nights away at his, 'Freedom Friday' parties in NYC. When I saw that he also DJ's Weddings booking him was a no brainier- and thank heavens he was... Read More not booked. In true Herbert Holler fashion, our guests, along with the bride and groom, did not leave the dance floor- well only to go to the bar to re-up on a drink :-). Our wedding was held on a Sunday at 11 AM and Herbert kept the crowd on their feet! I am sure people will talk about how much fun they had at our wedding for years to come! I recommend Herbert to all future brides and grooms who want to have a great time at their reception :-).

2017-09-29T11:37:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mrs. White! Peace, love and blessings to you and your family for many years to come! (See you on the dance floor at Freedom very soon!)

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Asheesh G

DJ Herbert Holler was the perfect ending to our wedding day. We met with him a few times before our wedding and he was great listening to our wishes and providing samples of what he would play. If it's one thing that people remember from our wedding, they music was amazing!... Read More We just wish could have kept on going with the beats all night! Definitely recommend Herbet Holler to anyone looking for a DJ who will spin the best beats and tailor them to your needs!

2017-08-17T20:26:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave these kind words!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Rebecca M

Herbert is the best! He met with us prior to the wedding to discuss our vision. He was super enthusiastic to DJ our multicultural wedding and really listened to all the different requests we had in order to merge the two cultures.After that initial meeting, I felt so... Read More comfortable with having him be our DJ/MC and he really proved himself to be the best the day of the wedding. He has a real gift of reading the crowd and knowing what to play to keep the party going. Everyone was on the dance floor and we really did dance the night away. We even ended up going to his gig, The Freedom Party, for the afterparty because we didn't want the night to end. Our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing the music was at our wedding and we have Herbert to thank for that! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

2017-07-05T12:57:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave these kind words, Remi! So happy I could help make your special day as special as it was. Bringing different people together from all over the world, all in the name of love, and then seeing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Leticia L

Herbert Holler is an awesome pick for any of your DJ needs. Not only is he a lover of all kinds of music, he's able to read the audience and know what they respond to extremely well. Additionally, he is super professional and amazingly warm and kind. By the time he DJ'ed our... Read More wedding, I felt like I was having a family friend behind the DJ table, taking care of all of our getting down needs. And while I would blindly trust his musical taste, he definitely aims to please specifically to your needs. If you tell him what you want, you can trust that he will give you that and then some - no typical wedding playlist here. It was truly special to have him DJ our wedding. Hire him! Ticia & Troy

2017-06-16T07:45:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, guys. Really appreciate you taking the time to write this, not-to-mention flying me out to FLORENCE (!?!?!!?!?) for your gorgeous giardino wedding! It was extraordinary and unforgettable. Holler anytime!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Justin S

Herbert is the best in the business. He nailed the perfect upbeat mood for dinner and then kept the dance floor on fire deep into the night. He can read the crowd like no other. Highly recommend.

2017-06-09T17:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. (Your wedding in Venice was absolutely incredible!)

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Julie A

DJ Herbert Holler was incredible! He is the ultimate professional. During our initial meeting, he took time to get to know us, as opposed to "selling" himself. He understood our vision of having a dance party feel for our reception and carried it out perfectly. He possesses a... Read More vast, diverse knowledge of music. He arrived early, looked great, and did a wonderful job MCing for the night. Our guests still talk about how we had the best music ever at a wedding! I would recommend DJ Herbert Holler to anyone. Check out his website, too!

2017-05-31T14:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of my work. I greatly appreciate it, not-to-mention being a part of your wedding. 'Twas beautiful, and full of love, and I'm grateful! If you ever feel like shaking a tail feather, give me a... Read Less Read More

Review for Herbert Holler

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 LATOYA R

He was so in tune with what music we wanted played at our reception... The connection was awesome. Very nice guy easy to work with very professional great sense of humor.;He is pricier than most run of the mill DJs but very much worth it.

2017-05-25T20:40:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm so glad I helped make your special day a success. Please feel free to call or email me anytime; hope to see you soon!

Herbert Holler

I moved to NYC from Atlantic City in 1994. Since stepping off the bus, I've been knee-deep in nightlife fun and music. I've programmed, promoted, produced and played some of the biggest parties this city has ever known, including my now-legendary, 14-years-and-running, old-school dance party, the Freedom Party® NYC. Weddings are my favorite gigs. I get to participate in the biggest celebration of love, and be instrumental in creating everlasting memories with beautiful families. ("Family" is everything, really--I'm a husband/father of three.) Playing your wedding is truly an honor.