Heritage Hotel

Southbury, CT

Book Your Wedding with Heritage Hotel

A HOTEL IN SOUTHBURY, CT

Stone Garden. This garden is fabulously romantic. Stones throughout the garden, lush greenery and seasonal blooms create a picturesque setting of a woodsy, fairy-tale type atmosphere to say your "I do's." A Stone pathway with trees arching over the path lead to the garden where the bride meets the groom in a truly picturesque setting.

Garden Room. The Garden Room can hosts both ceremonies and after parties. Choose from a buffet-style or sit-down reception with family and friends to create the wedding-day atmosphere that sculpts the perfect event. This room seats 180 guests in a banquet style.

Terrace Restaurant. With hanging lanterns and dark wood walls and open beams, the Terrace Restaurant is warm and romantic. A stone fireplace and cathedral ceilings with wall-to-wall windows add to the grandeur of the room, creating a spectacular atmosphere for wedding receptions.

Couples interested in hosting their wedding at the Heritage Hotel can choose from a selection of wedding packages. Package amenities include:

• Event coordinator
  • Dance floor
  • Podium
  • Tables and chairs
  • Chiavari chairs
  • Linens, silverware and glassware
  • Champagne toast
  • Venue set up and clean up
  • Five-hour open bar
  • Centerpieces

All food and beverages are provided by the venue, with a minimum required. All decorations must be approved in advance. Amplified music is allowed indoors only, and music must end by 2 a.m. Smoking is permitted outdoors.

• Hospitality room for the bridal party
  • Beautifully landscaped areas for first wedding photos
  • Complimentary wedding night for the bride and groom
  • Spa
  • Health center with indoor heated pool and whirlpool
  • Group rates for wedding guests staying at the hotel

Your Ultimate Wedding Weekend Destination

There's that universally magic word: Wedding. Visions materialize, dreams take on a reality--pinks and white and champagne; flowers, music--lots of music...just from one word--Wedding. Your desire for magic is our inspiration at the Heritage, and in our hands, it all magically happens.

Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering

522 Heritage Road, Southbury, CT (203) 267-2622

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Carly M

Go see this place in person! We chose the Heritage Hotel for our July wedding, and it was the BEST decision. Jennifer and Chris are great to work with, the food was amazing, and the venue is beautiful! Online pictures really do not do it justice- it has been recently... Read More renovated, and the stone garden was lush and colorful for our ceremony. The Timbers room is stunning: huge stone fireplace, wood beams that feel like a barn, and full-length windows that look out over the patio. The staff was able to accommodate serving the dinner family style (highly recommended) and everything ran smoothly. The best part was hanging out in the pub afterwards and knowing that our guests could go right upstairs to their rooms. Highly recommended and a great value!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Janet K

The Heritage Hotel was an incredible venue for our daughter's wedding! The look of the Timbers room that night was spectacular. Better than we had envisioned. It was a pleasure to work with Chris and Jennifer on every detail. They were approachable and professional. All our... Read More little details they made very easy. Chris and Ryan were with us The Whole night of the wedding and it went flawless. They were there right when you needed them but not intrusive. Could not have imagined a better night! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Jackie K

They did an amazing job making sure everything was picture perfect for the reception!! The staff was very friendly and made sure everything went smoothly!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kaity R

So happy we found the perfect reception venue at the Heritage Hotel in the Timbers Room! Jennifer and Chris Allen are superb and very easy to work with! They addressed all of my questions promptly and made the months running up to the date of the wedding easy! Turning in our... Read More final counts and food selections was simple and they even made sure we had high chairs at the proper tables ahead of time. The day of the wedding, the tables were set exactly the way I had hoped and decorations distributed as we discussed on drop off day. They even helped include a last min wedding gift (a giant wood carved anchor) into our sweetheart table decorations! We had SO MANY guests compliment the amazing food and both mine and my husband's filet were so delicious and exactly the way we had requested they be cooked. We also had a yummy breakfast the next morning, and the food again was on point. We also checked out both pools the morning after the wedding and they were clean and exactly what we had hoped for! We cannot say enough wonderful things about hosting our wedding reception at Heritage Hotel and their attentive, kind event staff! 5 stars to this special crew! The only fault of the evening was working with the front desk staff as they were not good about handing out our welcome bags, even giving out ones for another party/wedding to some of our guests. We also had 7 left over after the wedding (should have only had 2) and unfortunately individuals who came in Friday missed our welcome reception as they did not get their bags. (I confirmed the day previously- in person- the number of bags and that everyone was listed on our room block). My sister and brother both also went back to the front desk to request their goodie bags cause they had helped make them, but didn't get one. At that same time, the front desk staff member was not very polite. Additionally, upon my husband and I arriving for the reception, we quickly wanted to check in to our room and refresh before going to the cocktail hour. We missed most of the cocktail hour as the front desk staff did not advise us the wedding suite was on a totally separate side of the hotel and required a separate elevator. We walked around the main part of the hotel rooms for 27 min, and called the front desk and were put on hold, before a wonderful cleaning lady came to our aid and brought us to the correct elevator. I didn't think we would have needed to ask, but make sure you do ask directions if you have access to the suite. However, the suite was amazing, bed was uber comfortable and the remainder of the staff was very helpful and accommodating. Just wish I had gotten to enjoy some of the yummy cocktail snacks that everyone raved about!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Amanda U

Our criteria when looking for a venue were to be able to have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and guest rooms in one location with a rustic vibe. My husband and I knew the Heritage was the perfect location for our ceremony and reception just from one look at their... Read More website. Jennifer was very responsive and helpful with all of the planning along the way. The venue was perfect, and Chris kept everything running smoothly the day of our wedding. Our guests commented on how great their meals were and most of them stayed the night and thought their rooms were excellent as well. If you are looking for a rustic venue, you won't regret choosing the Heritage!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Samantha S

My husband and I were married at the heritage in March. We had our ceremony and reception at the venue, along with many rooms booked for guests of the wedding. The rooms were beautiful and newly renovated, and the atmosphere was perfect for our wedding day! Jennifer was very... Read More helpful in the planning process, and Chris was great help on the day of the wedding in keeping things running on time! The heritage is a beautiful and accommodating venue and was the perfect rustic location for our big day!

2016-03-31T09:17:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing to share your special day with us! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your wedding here at the Heritage and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 James H

The heritage was perfect. My wife and I stayed the night before and the night of. The staff was so helpful and accommodating and the timbers room is unbelievably beautiful. Chris Allen helped our day run so smoothly. I can't imagine how we would have done it without her!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Monica Y

very interesting space. many ways to use it. it looks like it is going to be amazing. the staff, especially Tracy, have been better than I could have asked for. I can't wait for my day. the heritage hotel and staff made the most stressful part of the process easy!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

When searching for a wedding venue we searched NY & CT. I attended a bridal show and liked a picture I had seen in a photographer's book. It was of the Heritage Hotels main room. After going to a dozen places I pulled the piece of paper out of my bridal bag and asked my fiance... Read More if we could look at one more place. He was a little hesitant but I am so glad we did. The Heritage Hotel has the best staff Jennifer, Chris, and JP were amazing. The guest loved the flow of the wedding, the views of the garden and the FOOD was amazing! One of my guest loved the food so much they booked Thanksgiving dinner for their family! The rooms are affordable and everything is so new. I received my fairy tale wedding. We even had our rehearsal dinner on site in a different room from the wedding and the food and staff were wonderful. The bar on site is a great after party place with pool tables and lots of seating. My photographer had so many places he could take pictures and truly love everyone of them! Thank You To the staff of the Heritage Hotel for making my wedding AMAZING!!

Great Location

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Cristina P

They were really easy to deal with when it came to adding hotel rooms and asking for updated rooming lists. It's also in a great location for out of state guests, easy access from i84 and plenty of places to eat and shop. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Lisa's H

My husband and I absolutely loved everything about the Heritage in Southbury! From day one, Jennifer and Chris were so helpful and accommodating. They pay attention to every word, idea, and vision the bride has! I can thank them a million times for their attention to detail and... Read More for making me and my husband feel like royalty. Hands down the best place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Dayna D

I had my wedding reception at the heritage hotel on a friday night in June and the venue was absolutely beautiful! I was going for a rustic look and the room I had it in was perfect. I worked with Chris and Jennifer in the months leading up to the wedding and they were very... Read More accommodating (Chris was the one present on my actual wedding night). In addition the prices were very reasonable and the wedding package we chose had great value for the money. While I was beyond happy with the set up of the room and the decor, I was a little disappointed with dinner. We had the sit down plated dinner and salad came out first, followed shortly by pasta, but then the entrees took almost an hour to come after that. Many of my guests said something to me about once the wedding was over which made me upset. Since dinner came out so late my guests didn't have as much time to dance... but I wasn't going to let it bother me. The rest of the night was great until the very end when I was saying goodbye to my guests. Chris came up to me and told me I had to clear out the entire room of all my centerpieces, flowers and decorations (and I had a lot) and bring everything up to my hotel room right then and there. As the bride I didn't think this was something I'd have to do on my wedding night. In my opinion the hotel should have at least had a closet they could throw everything in until the morning and staff that could have helped. It kind of put a damper on the rest of our night, but luckily our families helped us clean up. Even though a couple things didn't go as planned, my husband and I still enjoyed every second of our special day.

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

The Heritage Hotel was the perfect venue for our wedding. My wife and I randomly went to a Bridal show at the Heritage in early 2015, already having a venue booked, we took one look around and knew we had to change our minds. Luckily the date was available, upon booking Jennifer... Read More and Chris helped up begin to plan our event, they assured us the updates to the venue would be done for our wedding. The updates to the venue were incredible, the new carpet, the chairs and the room updates were perfect. We've had nothing but amazing compliments since our wedding. The communication between the Heritage and our Wedding party was completely efficient up until the wedding day. The wedding went off without a hitch, the whole day went perfectly. The food at the venue was fantastic, previously we had heard negative reviews but my wife and I are in completely disagreement with them. Finally, the updates made to the hotel rooms were modern and classy. The size and price was perfect for our guests staying overnight. We loved the idea of being able to just walk upstairs at the end of the night, rather than sit on a bus for 45 min. We'd highly recommend the heritage hotel for your next wedding or event.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Kimberly P

The Heritage had everything and more that we could have hoped for. Jen and Chris were wonderful to work with and very accommodating. I had a couple of unique requests (including making my own cake and a shuttle bus pickup to go see fireworks, our wedding was July 4, 2015) and... Read More they made sure that the process of putting our special day together and every detail met (and I would say exceeded) our expectations. I was looking for the Country Elegance look I call it (rustic but elegant) and I got it. The room is amazing with the rustic beams and field stone fireplace. Everything you need is right here. Our vendors (new to The Heritage) worked so well at the venue you would never know. The food was amazing. We received so many comments on how lovely and great the wedding was. So rewarding to hear after months of making your own decorations, favors etc. to see how well The Heritage and our other vendors made our vision for our special day a reality. Thank you to The Heritage and especially to Jen and Chris. We look forward to a visit for your annual Valentine's Day dinner. Some of our friends that are spread out in a couple of other states even want to start a new tradition of all of us getting together for a mini friend retreat at The Heritage each year going forward. Looking forward to making new memories in the same place we had one of the best days of our lives : )

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Melissa K

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Heritage Hotel on 1/31/2015 and I could not say enough good things about the venue or the staff. Jennifer G. was amazing to work with. She made everything run smoothly, even though there were definitely a few hiccups. It was... Read More definitely the wedding of my dreams. Everyone there was great to work with and if I had to plan another big event I would definitely call there first.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Lauren S

We had our wedding at the Heritage on 9/5/15. Everything was taken care of for us. Everything is under one roof, the staff is exceptional, food is amazing, drinks are great, and the room is beyond gorgeous! It's also air conditioned. So if you are looking for a more rustic barn... Read More feel, this is the place for you! The hotel had just gone under some renovations and it is breath taking! The garden got a much needed redo! Jen and Chris were beyond helpful and attentive through out the whole planning process and through the night! I could not have asked for a better wedding!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Naomi T

Ok. I can't say enough about my wedding at the Heritage Hotel 7/24/15. AMAZING!! Five years ago, I went to a wedding here for one of my friends. I was very single but I said if I ever get married, I want it to be here. Well, five years later that dream came true. I instantly... Read More fell in love with the rustic, elegant feel and everything else followed. Brides, if you feel overwhelmed by this process, book the Heritage. They are so knowledgeable, they help you every step of the way, and it was just simply seamless. They also gave us great recommendations for vendors. We had TONS of out of town guests stay there (70+) and some from England! They couldn't stop commenting about how amazingly they were treated and how wonderful the service and hotel were. They also did our rehearsal dinner the night before by the pool which was awesome. And let me tell you, the guests loved the after party at the bar in the hotel and only having to get in the elevator to go to bed! Best wedding ever. Thank you Chris and Jennifer!

My Daughter's Wedding 11/8/2014

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 donna c

The Heritage Hotel is top notch! They did such a beautiful job, all my guest raved about the reception room and food. The hotel itself is beautiful. The staff goes the extra step to make your stay special. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The food is... Read More delicious and they are able to accommodate every allergy and dietary restriction. The wedding planner Jen is super. She works closely with the bride and handles every detail. Jen was a joy to work with , she truly made my life easier. It was a beautiful night . Thank you Heritage Hotel Staff for making our wedding such a wonderful event.

Yay!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Crystal S

Everyone had an amazing time at our wedding and I know that it was partially due to the lovely venue and staff at the Heritage. We had our ceremony, reception, and block of rooms on site and each one is was great. The bridal sweet was beautiful and great for the girls to get... Read More ready and for my husband and I on our wedding night. We used the largest room, 8 Mile Brook and it was perfect for our guests. Food was delish, cooked well, and service was great. We loved that this venue had experience and expertise with weddings without feeling like a "wedding factory." We would recommend the Heritage to anyone!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 h b

We got married and had our reception at The Heritage Hotel this October and everything was perfect! The day/ night of the wedding Chris Allen was with us and she made sure everything was perfect from the ceremony timing to whatever my husband and I needed was covered. All the... Read More staff at the hotel were great from the pub staff, the front desk, the catering staff for the wedding and even brunch. Everyone was helpful and friendly. It really was a great experience. The food was great and the garden was beautiful for the ceremony. We booked our wedding with the Heritage through the director of catering, Jennifer Giuliano. Jennifer was amazing throughout the entire process. She answered any and all questions and made things happen during the year plus it took to plan our wedding. Jennifer was also very calming when the wedding nerves started to come. She was beyond helpful and comforting. I can not say enough to describe what a pleasure it was to work with Jennifer. I highly recommend the Heritage Hotel for your wedding!! Our guest all complimented the venue ( Eight Mile Brook and the Garden). Our wedding was perfect!! Thank you to all the Heritage Staff, especially Jennifer for making our special day so perfect!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Teri M

The Heritage is beautiful and the staff there are pros.

Memorial Day Weekend Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Sarah H

I’ll admit, I was pretty nervous to find out we were the 3rd of three weddings in one weekend. However, everything went off beautifully! Chris and Jennifer were wonderful, no detail was too small and every question we had was addressed; we really felt like we were the only... Read More wedding that weekend. So a quick overview of what was important to us and why we chose the Heritage Hotel: 1)Location: we wanted a venue where we could have our ceremony, cocktail hour, photos and reception all in the same area and not be stuck with your standard ‘ballroom’ reception hall with crystal chandeliers etc… Heritage Hotel delivered big here! Not only is the outdoor ceremony space BEAUTIFUL but they also have solid backup plans in case of inclement weather which made me feel so much better since it was showering off and on all weekend. The reception area is gorgeous too! Definitely a little more rustic with exposed wood beams but with their little touches – votive candles and twinkle lights around the edge of the room, crisp classic white linens and covered chairs – it still had an upscale feel and huge windows to let in lots of natural light and the beautiful scenery. It was exactly the non-traditional and still classy look we wanted 2)Lodging: my family is on the west coast, his in on the east so we had a LOT of family traveling and it was important to us that we have somewhere for all of them to stay. The Heritage Hotel set up a room block for us no problem. The rooms were pretty standard (though they didn't have a mini bar which we thought was weird), what really sold us was all the amenities. Between the pool, tennis courts, golf course, walking paths, spa, fitness center and all the gathering places to hang out with friends (or hold Greek dancing lessons!) our guests had plenty of entertainment to choose from 3)Value: we search PA, NY, NJ and CT for wedding venues and we found the Heritage Hotel to be the most reasonable. What made it really easy was that pretty much everything we wanted – stations dinner, open bar and wedding cake were included in their package price. Plus the vendor they use for the wedding cake was TOP notch! Seriously, I've never heard that many compliments about wedding cake before 4)Staff: being from out of state I knew I was going to need a lot of help, planning, finding local vendors and such. From the moment we talked to the staff at the Heritage Hotel I felt at ease. Chris and Jennifer did an AMAZING job! Especially when it came to dealing with all the ‘requests’ from my mother in law – they were rock stars! 5)Food: wasn't that important to me and was a little awkward since they were changing chefs when we booked and they don't do tastings for station dinners. We ate at their pub and thought it was good but we were blown away by our wedding dinner, it was AWESOME! Tasty, fresh, perfectly seasoned, we got a lot of compliments on quality & quantity 6)Environmentally Friendly: we’re both pretty Eco-conscious so it was important to us that is we were spending this much money it be as ‘green’ as possible. Knowing that the hotel was working on getting green certified and that the chef sources as much local, seasonal and sustainable food as possible made us feel really good about choosing the Heritage Hotel. Overall everything was beautiful and well beyond anything I had ever imagined our wedding day would be. We couldn't be happier and are so glad we chose to go with the Heritage Hotel for our big day!

Awesome, Unrated Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Angela C

This was the perfect venue for us. Most of our guests were from MA or NJ, so it was right in the middle and since its a hotel, everyone could stay right on site. The rooms are big and clean, and staff is super friendly. Our reception was in 8 mile brook, which has such... Read More unexpected ambiance for a hotel ballroom. Lots of exposed wood and a fireplace give it a warm, rustic feel. Jen and Chris - the wedding coordinators - are awesome and super friendly and helpful. Overall, our experience was great and I encourage any bride looking for a helpful venue that comes with everything you need, including a beautiful setting (!), to consider the Heritage!

Heritage Hotel

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Michelle P

Jen, Chris, and every staff person we interacted with were absolutely amazing! They took care of everything for me, including a mix-up with the cake vendor included with the venue. Dinner was fantastic and every single little thing was taken care of for us. They even had staff... Read More attending to the fireplaces in the lobby that my guests who stayed the night before were sitting by to catch up - every hour, all night! I could not recommend a place more!

loved the setting, but that was it

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Cecilia A

Unfortunately, Jen was away on leave during my interaction with Heritage. Most of my communication was with the maitre d- Chris. I was disappointed with my overall experience with the hotel. There were several things that were not delivered. For example, the staff completely... Read More groomed the garden, the day before the wedding. There were areas where plants were visibly viable but cut. I was there a week prior and the garden was green. I was forced to buy a lot of mums last minute to make up for it. Cocktail hour was to be 6 passed hors d' oeuvres and two stations. My guests complained that there was always a line to the stations. Barely anyone noticed the passed hors d' oeuvres. The food was sub par. Veal and salmon were overcooked. Potatoes were undercooked. There was supposed to be wine bottles with service at each table, this didn't happen. They did one wine pass for dinner. I had specific directions for my centerpieces, it was done wrong. Thankfully, my maid of honor had to go down for something else and it was corrected prior to the reception. Chris called me about an hour before to tell me all "the things that are going wrong". (minor issues but were presented in a way that stressed me at a time I didn't anything else. Chris was supposed to be my bridal attendant. I saw her thrice, while we were sitting for dinner. (Bride and groom never sit). After that, I had to actively seek her out. They switched the table arrangements, so my husbands family was placed in the back corner!