Heritage Prairie Farm

Guest Capacity

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Tented

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

2N308 Brundige Rd., Elburn, IL

Married on a farm that feels like home...but better!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Denise H

Top Three Selling Points for Heritage Prairie: 1) The food you get at Heritage Prairie is TOP NOTCH...your guests will rave, and you will be REALLY satisfied with how wonderful everything is. This was a huge selling point for us as we didn't want traditional (icky) wedding... Read More food that makes people sick...we're psuedo foodies and went for things we really LOVED, like the kale/beet salad (which our guests loved, too) as well as BBQ Chicken and BBQ Pork (for a southern comfort feel). For apps we had Chicken & Waffles and Fried Green Tomato Caprese and people gobbled them up (but of course HPF made sure to keep them streaming out). If the menu is important to you, then HPF is DEFINITELY the place for you...a lot of their items are Gluten Free in case that's an issue with your guests, but they also accommodate other delicious meals for the guests that require vegetarian, or other food preferences. 2) The event day service is SEAMLESS. It was seriously incredible how accommodating the entire staff was! The service staff whisked food in and dirty dishes out constantly but never were imposing or interfered with the evening, just always on hand when needed. My husband and I were given a personal attendant who, from the time we were married until we hopped in the limo to leave was near us with water, beer, our own apps plates, extra dinner servings in case we missed out, left overs wrapped up for later, ANYTHING WE WANTED...it was amazing. You don't think about this component, but things happened on wedding day that I forgot about or just couldn't physically do because I was busy and the magic elves at HPF read my mind and got it all done perfectly. You will NOT be disappointed with the guest experience at Heritage Prairie. 3) Things (sometimes) don't go as planned....our wedding was May 30 and for the last 5 years the average temp has been 72 and sunny with nothing below 65 and nothing above 80. Our wedding day was 48 degrees with a whipping windy rain. BUMMER. BUUUUUUUT....Heritage Prairie just made it work. They completely reorganized the entire day and never made it seem stressful or inconvenient. Melisa and Jennie were amazing at keeping me calm by just the way they assertively took on things that needed to be figured out and just let me enjoy being a bride. Honestly, I can't say enough for how wonderful these ladies were at making what could have been a stressful disaster into what felt like it had been planned that way for months! **Number 4 (or really number 1) is the amazing venue itself...Heritage Prairie is GORGEOUS and your guests will be blown away by it's beauty and it will be reflected in your pictures. Obviously our wedding and pics were mostly inside, but I still think they turned out fantastic because the house is also SUPER beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Melissa B

My Husband and I knew we wanted to get married at a non-traditional venue and HPF fit the bill perfectly. All the staff were great to work with from the beginning. The tasting we attended in the fall was very enjoyable and gave us an excellent idea of what our wedding would be... Read More like. Also, it allowed us to taste HPFs awesome food, especially the short ribs! As the wedding approached Melisa (our day of coordinator) was great about helping us iron out details and answering questions. The day went off with out a hitch and everyone raved about the food and the setting. We also found many of our other vendors off their recommended list and they were all excellent with the added bonus of being very familiar with the farm! I would highly recommend HPF to anyone looking for a rustic venue with a staff that knows how to run a relaxed yet polished event.

2015-06-09T16:48:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Melissa for your review. We are so happy you absolutely loved your wedding. It was a joy working with you. Congratulations!

Unique and beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Amanda S

I loved having my wedding here, everywhere you look there are opportunities for amazing pictures and moments, and they can accommodate outdoor as well as indoor options. So great if you are looking for a more non-traditional venue.

As Perfect as they Come!

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Eric P

We had an awesome wedding at Heritage Prairie Farm. We wanted to incorporate lots of time outdoors, a fun atmosphere for kids, great food - and this venue took into account all of those things. We loved our farm wedding and if we could do it all over again, we would choose HPF... Read More again in a second. That said, here are some things to keep in mind if you are making a selection for your dream wedding: The best things about this venue: -they set up a tasting for you couples early in the wedding season so you can try the farm's fare - take advantage of this -an overall beautiful setting and venue - and it keeps getting better as they upgrade landscaping, the tent, etc. -tons of amazing places to take pictures -great food (we received lots of compliments) -the staff is totally willing to work with reputable vendors -the staff is truly willing to work with you to make any of your crazy whims happen (and we had lots of them, some at the last minute) Things you should know: -Be in tune with the pricing structure -The food comes as a long family style affair which doesn't really work for the bride and groom who need to visit - you might want to consider asking for a plated dinner prior to the day of -If you have a bigger wedding, make sure you have considered enough stations for dessert, etc. so as not to have lines

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Cassie F

My fiance and I knew we wanted to get married in a rustic location but everything we could find was very expensive and lots of places didn't have a chef so we would have to get a caterer. Luckily we stumbled upon this venue. After our first meeting with Jessica Impson we knew we... Read More had to get married here. They were very flexible in helping us stay close to our budget. We had a wedding planner, a chef, a bar manager, a event manager... and the list goes on and on. So many great staff members! After we booked our date we were given a website to communicate with the staff members which was so amazing and simple. Any questions we had we could post to the site and it was promptly answered. We had an amazing tasting which was like an event with other brides and grooms. At least 60 people were there to taste the food which we really enjoyed. Doing the tasting this way allowed us to try lots of food while being able to tell what it would be like the day of the wedding since the food was made for a large group and not just a few people. I can't express in words how amazing and delicious the food was. Nick, the chef, put together an amazing menu with an abundance of food. All of our guests could not stop raving about how delicious everything was! Everything at the cocktail hour and the dinner was beyond delicious! This was one of the best meals I've ever had and I'm so amazed and thankful it was my wedding food! Jennie, our planner at the Farm, was great! She answered questions promptly and was so flexible! We changed our ceremony location the week before the wedding to another part of the farm and they worked to ensure it was beautiful and flowed well. Brian, the bar manager (I think), did a great job with our signature cocktails! Sangria is my favorite drink and he did it justice! While I did spend a tad more than I would have liked to, I seriously don't regret a single penny spent on this amazing venue. Everything was beyond my expectations and so fabulous.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Margaret N

Heritage prairie farm was a wonderful wedding venue. They provide amazing food and service. Chef Nick is incredible! He was willing to work with us to create a very custom meal that fit our needs and wants. He was willing to make modern versions of family recipes. Jenny, the... Read More wedding planner was very reassuring and helpful through the process. She was organized and great at communication through the bootcamp online. Although, it was not the cheapest place to have our wedding - it was worth every penny. If you want a farm wedding close to Chicago I would look at HPF before they book up.

HPM is fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/20/2010 Julie N

HPM is extremely flexible - allowing you to bring in food, liquor, flowers, or they'll do all of that for you, which is the route I went with since I am not local.

TO Heritage Prairie Farm