Herman Au Photography

serving Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco

Modern Classic Images with a Candid Touch

Established since 2009, Herman and his associates have been photographing weddings in Los Angeles for the last decade. Their style is the perfect blend between contemporary modern and modern, with a focus on photo journalism documenting genuine emotions. Available throughout Southern California, Herman and his team work in both still images and motion pictures. Availability during wedding peak seasons may be limited.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Modern

Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

2355 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, CA serving Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco (323) 274-2175

Great photographer

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Yonnie Z

I did my fair share of research when I was looking for a photographer. I wanted photojournalistic touch to my photos but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a decent package. Herman was fantastic to work with and his team made it happen on the day of. Communication with... Read More Herman is up to par and I was pretty satisfied with his work from the engagement to the wedding photos. However, the wait for our wedding photos did take longer than desired, it's been 2 months since the wedding and he's only sent us the preview proofs recently.

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Tess D

One word to describe Herman - "AWESOME". We hired Herman to take our photos on our wedding day based on the recommendation of my make-up artist (another awesome vendor). We checked his website and were impressed with his gallery wedding photos. From the start, Herman had... Read More been super accommodating to us. With a busy work schedule and the whole wedding preparations, our schedules had been crazy. We had to reschedule our meeting a number of times and Herman was very flexible. He was also responsive to emails. On the wedding day, Herman and his team were there on time and didn't leave until close to the end of the reception. My fiancee and I are not very comfortable having our pictures taken but Herman was able to get amazing shots out of us. What I like about his style is that you don't even feel like he is there. He is truly there to capture your most special moments in his non-obstrusive way. He's an artist that likes to let the day unfold and capture those memorable moments. We saw a sneak preview of his photos and they were spectacular. I posted a couple on my facebook page and I had compliments left and right. They came out perfect! They were the best representation of ourselves. We can't wait to see the rest! For a once in a lifetime occasion, I would definitely recommend Herman and his team! You would not be disappointed.

Herman's the Best in the Business!

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Samantha S

My fiance thought we should get the best possible photographer for our wedding. I got worried since I was was paying for it, but then she pointed out that the photographs and video are the only part of our wedding that we actually get to keep forever. So we juggled our budget a... Read More little and decided that we were going to get the best photographer we could find. Then we found Herman. Herman is well beyond anything we could have imagined for a wedding photographer! We knew immediately from the photos on his site/blog that we wanted him to be our photographer. Our initial consulation was great, but it was during our engagement session that we really got to know Herman. We spent a fun afternoon travelling around LA trying to find the perfect spots for our shots. Herman really went out of his way to make these *our* photos, and to find locations that really fit us. We love candy, so we went to a candy store! I'm betting any other photographer would have taken us to his spot and told us what to do, but Herman took the time to really get to know us! Herman travels all over the US for weddings and it's easy to see why. He came to Santa Barbara for our big day, which is quite the drive from Arcadia! Not only that, but he was there from the time the bride started her make-up to the time the reception ended! And he and his assistant captured every moment! We weren't initially interested in a videographer, but we changed our mind at the last minute and Herman's crew did an amazing job! So far we've only seen our "teaser", but it's beautifully shot and edited to match one of our favorite songs. They must have asked the DJ for our playlist - just another example of how they really put in the extra details! Herman is definitely the best in the business!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Alex A

I found Herman Au Photography on the knot app when I was in search of a photographer for our wedding. I saw Herman’s work, and I KNEW I had to have Herman be our photographer. His work is incredible and incomparable to others. The day of our wedding, Herman was extremely... Read More professional, and knew exactly where to take pictures, and what looks the best, I had no doubt that we were in great hands with Herman. We’ve only gotten a sneak peak at our pictures from our 11/18, but I am absolutely speechless! The pictures are breathtaking. Herman knows exactly what to capture and somehow catches special moments right as they are happening. His pictures are INCREDIBLE, they honestly look like they should be hanging in a museum somewhere, they are truly pieces of art! I can’t wait to see the rest of our pictures! Herman, thank you so much for capturing every special moment of our special day. It is a day we will never forget, and thanks to you, we can have beautiful pictures to look back on. If you are in need of a photographer for your big day, I highly recommend Herman Au Photography! Alex A.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Jimmy C

We were referred to Herman because a close friend of mine had used him for his engagement photos, and we had loved how their photos came out. After meeting with Herman for the first time, we walked away trusting 100% that Herman was the right photographer for us. We loved how... Read More personable he was, his passion for his work, and also his care for his clients. We could tell it was more important we see the value in his work than finding the best package. Engagement Shoot: I highly recommend doing the engagement shoot with Herman if you are hiring him for the wedding day. Doing so really allows you to get to know Herman and feel like a friend is there with you on your wedding day. Most importantly, Herman coaches and guides you through how to smile and position your body in photographs. The engagement shoot came out amazing and was everything we had hoped for. We really loved how dramatic some of the shots came out. He really takes note of what kind of style you are looking for and also works closely with your own personalities. On our wedding day, Herman and his team were there with us the entire day. We felt totally at ease, and were able to be ourselves. We appreciated how patient he was in making sure we were able to capture all the important moments throughout our wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Jennifer L

My husband and I were careful in choosing our photographer when we started looking. We wanted to make sure we would have the best pictures from our wedding day and Herman is extremely TALENTED! I liked that he takes each photo as if it's an art piece, because that's truly what... Read More it should be. Herman is really nice and great with communication. Him and his team were very accommodating to our needs. We had a 2-day part for the wedding and they were able to come out and capture them for us. Herman's very sweet and very considerate of our budget as well!

Great Wedding Pictures

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 M K

We hired Herman as our wedding photographer at our September 2013 wedding which took place at the Prado at Balboa Park in San Diego. After looking at the websites in our preferred vendors list provided to us by our venue, we didn't see any pictures taken at the Prado that... Read More appealed to us. We found Herman through searching for weddings photos taken at the Prado online and were blown away by his pictures. His pictures he took at the Prado and even at other locations had the elements we were looking for. We contacted him and he was able to stay within our budget. Communication with him was good as his responses were timely, the only thing that took longer than we expected was how long it took for our payments to clear (not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?) We don't live in California and did not use Herman to take our engagement photos, so we weren't able to meet him in person until our wedding day. We're so glad we went with him because our wedding pictures came out beautiful! There were a few shots we didn't get to take that we initially wanted, but we failed to communicate those shots to him with all the wedding stuff going on so it was our bad. We hired him for 6 hours of our wedding, and that was because adding another hour or so would have caused us to go over budget. I just wish he was able to offer his service until the wedding officially ended, which would've made it 7 hours for us, without us having to pay more. We got our wedding DVD a little over 2 months after our wedding day. We have so many good pictures and are so happy we went with him. We totally recommend him as a wedding photographer!

Herman Au Photography is Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/19/2011 Jeannie N

Herman Au Photography is absolutely amazing. Herman is such a talented photographer and has such a beautiful personality. Herman was such a delight to work with and I will surely recommend him to all my friends and family. I fell in love with his work just by browsing his... Read More photos on his blog/website. My husband and I live in Tucson, AZ but wanted to have our wedding in our California, my home state. Herman accommodated us so well, knowing that we only had a weekend to meet with vendors. We didn't have the luxury of time and distance to fully research our vendors, but when we met Herman, it was "love at first sight." I fell in love with his work ethic, character, humor, kind demeanor and of course, his beautiful work! He provided us with samples of his work in his office, and we absolutely adored his canvas print. Go meet him at his office and you will see what I am talking about. :) We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED our engagement shoot. We had such a blast and the pictures turned out so beautifully and gorgeous! We are so happy with Herman as our photographer. Also, he always responds to your emails, calls and requests. We planned our wedding without a professional coordinator, so I did all the communicating with Herman. He always responds so promptly and answers all the questions so thoroughly, and is super friendly. I never once worried about our vendor relationship with Herman. And, he was AMAZING at our wedding! We asked for a same-day edit slideshow to play during our reception, and it was a hit with us and all the guests. Everything Herman does is amazing. We had a wonderful time with Herman and his team members at our wedding. I can't wait to relive our day through our photos. Our guests also complimented on the talent of Herman. We are so, so pleased with having Herman as our photographer. You have to feel comfortable with your photographer, and we surely did. I felt like we hired a friend to take our photos. :) Herman, you are the BEST!

Herman Au

Photography is not just my profession; It is most importantly my life-long hobby and my passion turning my entire career around becoming one of the top Los Angeles Asian wedding photographer. I take each and every single one of my assignments personally, always doing my best. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing my clients smile as they look at their wedding pictures and albums that I deliver.