Herrington on the Bay

Rose Haven, MD

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Waterfront Weddings at Herrington on the Bay

Herrington on the Bay is a waterfront event venue overlooking the Chesapeake Bay located. Our ceremony lawns and reception venues are set amidst lush landscaping with magnificent waterfront views. Herrington offers stunning surroundings – perfect for waterfront weddings!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Camilla R

I was very important for me to have an outdoor wedding on the water and Herrington on the Bay, made this happen plus sooo much more!!! They were the venue as well as the catering and made the entire planning process very easy and enjoyable. All services were very focused on the bride and groom and making our wedding perfect!! The staff was amazing and I could never thank them enough for making our wedding everything I ever dreamed of times 100. I would and will highly recommend Herrington on the Bay to anyone planning a wedding!!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Molly K

Everything was amazing. The employees were easy to contact and were timely on emails throughout the planning process. The views were priceless and were captured beautifully in the photos. The tent was decorated nicely as well.

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Ariel E

Everything was perfect! Brittany, Lexy, and Krissy were so wonderful to work with. I was not picky and completely trusted their vision and everything turned out even more beautiful than I imagined! :)

Amazing place to get married!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsay B

My now wife and I just had our wedding here at Herrington on the Bay's Polynesian Bridal Lawn. This venue is beautiful, we knew when we first saw it that this was where we were going to get married. Janice and Adria were absolutely amazing to work with when planning the wedding and on the wedding day. They took care of everything which really let my wife and I enjoy our wedding day. We would highly recommend Herrington on the Bay. Our guests loved the place as well, we received so many compliments.

Gorgeous Views

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Genna H

Overall my experience at Herrington was fabulous. The people I met with initially about my wedding were wonderful. The office staff and kitchen staff I met were also wonderful. The views at the Paradise Ballroom where I had my wedding were spectacular. Everything was set up as I had envisioned. The food was amazing and the bar tender was awesome! I will say, for all the many positive things, the staff at my actual event could have been a little more attentive. But, I was the only one who noticed - all of my guests had a wonderful time and are still talking about it!

Not just an amazing view!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Ashley T

What a beautiful place to enjoy the most important day of your life! We were married in the Herring Bay Bridal Garden, our ceremony was inside, our rehearsal dinner was outside in the tent, our after party was at Mango's next door, and we stayed at the Inn for two nights. Everything was absolutely perfect!! Our assigned coordinator helped us to create the most amazing day and memories. Definitely worth what you pay. All of our guests have raved about our wedding day at Herrington!!

Amazing Staff

Reviewed on 9/19/2014

We were married in the Herring Bay Bridal Garden and had our reception in the Herrington Yacht Club on a beautiful September day. Beth and Krista were there to help us plan the entire event. On the day of the wedding the grounds were immaculate and everything was perfect. Then we had a major hiccup; the DJ we hired from Davis Deejay, not associated with Herrington on the Bay, was the worst DJ anyone at our wedding had ever experienced. Krista and Lauren from Herrington stepped up and saved our wedding ceremony and reception. Krista and Lauren fixed the DJs mistakes and kept us calm and focused on enjoying our day. The bridal garden, flowers, centerpieces, and food were all perfect but Krista and Lauren are the reason we had a perfect wedding and they are why we would highly recommend Herrington on the Bay.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Jennifer D

My husband and I decided to go with Herrington on the Bay because of it's beautiful scenery. We had our ceremony outside in the Bridal Garden over looking the water and had our reception moved inside to the Yacht Club house. All the guests are still emailing about how beautiful it was.

Perfect Wedding at Herrington

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Aubrey

Herrington on the Bay was a beautiful place for our ceremony and reception. Michael and Lexy planned and coordinated our wedding perfectly. Both were great to work with and always available/responsive. Even the planning process here was fun - we were always well fed whenever we made the trip to the venue. The food was great too, especially the crab balls and bacon wrapped scallops. We had a perfect wedding day with great weather, views of the Chesapeake Bay, and a beautiful sunset. It felt like we had our own private island. The only downfall is lack of lodging (the inn was booked with a Friday wedding on our weekend). We chose to have our guests stay at the DoubleTree in Annapolis and got buses to bring them to Herrington. We provided drinks on the buses and everyone had a blast.

Herrington on the Bay Venue is Spectacular!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Jenny R

Our wedding on May 18th was absolutely spectacular!!! Everything was flawless, the venue was beautiful, food was awesome, and the customer service we received was impeccable! Thank you Janice and Sarah for all of your hard work and dedication!!! Every guest enjoyed themselves and we received nothing but compliments! Not one person said they didn't have a good time!!! We are so appreciative! Herrington on the Bay accommodated us above and beyond! If we had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Amazing Staff and Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Lynn

I had my ceremony and reception here and I was thrilled, the staff was amazing, and the venue is so beautiful we didn't have to do much for decorations. I would reccommend Herrington to anyone for any occassion!!

The Wedding of My DREAMS~

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Kristina M

I was married at Herrington on the Bay on May 24, 2014. We chose the Herrington Bridal Lawn and both floors of the yacht club for 120 guests. The first time we visited this location we fell in love. All the staff is amazing. The weather was PERFECT! I also used one of their staff members as my ceremony coordinator and I'm so glad I did. She kept everything during the rehearsal and ceremony perfectly organized. The wedding was flawless. I worked with Janice Loos and she seriously is amazing. She responded to my millions of questions very promptly. My mom even used them to cater my bridal shower offsite and everyone RAVED about their food. I still get compliments about how gorgeous the venue was!

Herrington on the Bay

Reviewed on 7/11/2014

My wedding was May 22, 2014 at Herrington on the Bay. Firstly, the location of this venue is gorgeous and speaks for itself, from the view of the Chesapeake Bay to the immaculate landscaping. I love the tropical feel that the landscaping gives. You will fall in love at first site. Secondly, the team at Herrington on the Bay (Brittany Bergendahl, Sarah Music and Krissy Curtis) was excellent to work with and I was beyond happy with the services they provided. They were professional, responsive to all my needs, and saw the vision I had for both the wedding day as well as the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to work with or a better venue for my wedding. Herrington on the Bay was hands-down my first choice of venue and by far the most beautiful. It truly feels like a little community with everything all-included, from the ceremony and reception site to the quaint Inn and even the restaurant/bar at Mangos. The Inn is perfect and unique in that it's not like every other hotel but instead villa-like rooms (or spectacular suites) that open up to a pretty courtyard area and all in view of the beach! You will not be disappointed.

Guest at Wedding

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Jessica B

The location has plenty of parking right next to both the reception and ceremony areas. Everything is all in one place just a few steps from each other all on the water. Plus mangos is the restaurant/bar right next door for an after reception drink. The crab dip was good.

Lovely Venue

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Danielle N

I had a very intimate wedding with only nine guests. They still made me feel like my day was important and special. The scenery is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the people are great. A lot of people thought I had a destination wedding from the photos. Excellent choice.

Wonderful Venue!

Reviewed on 4/05/2014 Jessica M

Herrington on the Bay was wonderful from start to finish! From the moment my fiance and I stepped onto the property we knew that was where we wanted to get married. Michael was awesome working with us up until we were assigned our coordinator, Kerry. Kerry was awesome as well. While this venue is beautiful, and I was dreaming of getting married outside by the water, rain came up right before our ceremony, and we were forced inside. But I just want to say that if this happens to you - at Herrington your wedding will still be amazing! Kerry was so on top of it and worked with us to make changes at the last minute to accommodate the weather, timing of events, etc. A shuttle came and brought us to the yacht club, and Kerry was outside getting drenched holding an umbrella for me. The girls walked in down the stairs and we had the ceremony on the lower level facing the windows to the marina. People RAVED about the venue and the food. The food was phenomenal - we even special requested an appetizer (pierogies) and they were fantastic! We did a buffet dinner and it worked out very well. The layout is great in the yacht club with dinner upstairs and dancing downstairs - we also loved that it was open over the dance floor. The only thing that was a slight negative for me was that as the event was getting closer I would sometimes email questions and get out of office replies as the coordinators don't work every day onsite - I hated waiting days for a response, but overall, everything was always fine and all my questions were answered/requests were accommodated as soon as Kerry was back onsite. I would most definitely recommend this venue!

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Rachel K

Herrington on the Bay was a great location to get married. We had a mid-week wedding in the Yacht Club, and therefore they gave us a lot of time to set up the decorations as there were no events before us. Lexy Harvey was our co-ordinator and was great. She answered all emails and questions quickly, and made sure everything went smoothly. The food was great, and all our guests said they loved the site. I am very happy we got married here, and would recommend HOTB 100%.

Say YES to HOTB!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Michele S

My husband and I had our ceremony at the Bridal Gardens and our reception at the Yacht Club November 2013 and everything was absolutely perfect. The entire HOTB staff was absolutely wonderful, especially Brittany and Lexy. I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work helping us make our special day perfect. All of our guest raved about how beautiful the place was (everything is still well manicured with lovely fall colored flowers and the palm trees still look good in November). We also had a lot of our guests comment on how they thought the food was delicious. We had chicken saltimbocca, top round, garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal veggies, crab dip (SOOO GOOD!), and polenta fries. Even the vegetarian dishes (spaghetti squash with a rague topping) looked great. You can tell that the ingredients are all fresh and that the chefs are top notch (and this comes from someone who is a bit of a foodie). I really can't say enough good things about this place. I highly suggest checking it out - you won't be disappointed!

Awesome experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Megan T

Everyone was fantastic! It was so easy to plan and work with them. Kerri my planner had everything running smoothly, despite the rain. My guests couldn't stop complimenting everything from the food to the service to the scenery. We had an awesome wedding thanks to everyone at Herrington!

Amazing Experience - from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Caitlin N

Herrington literally made my wedding visions come true! From the first time my (now) husband went out and met with Michael, to the day of the wedding, we were never left with anything unanswered. The customer service alone was enough reason for us to book with Herrington, but we were also blown away by the views, packages, food tastings and the ability of the staff to go above and beyond for us. They were very patient with us and never pressured us to make a hasty decision. We felt supported the whole way through. On our wedding day Lexy was our coordinator and she was phenomenal as well! She really worked behind the scenes with her staff to make sure we had everything that we wanted. Michael also even came to say hello and congratulate us. We truly felt like the stars of the show. You CANNOT go wrong with Herrington.

BEST PLACE TO BE MARRIED

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Kristin A

I loved the staff at Herrington on the Bay especially Michael Burdish! He made my dream come true without emptying the bank :) He really went above and beyond to help get everything I needed ready for the wedding. I loved my wedding coordinator Kerry McNelly, she made sure the flow of the ceremony and reception went great. Krissy Myers is the best decorator ever. She made my purple wedding come true. I highly recommend Herrington to have your wedding. They will work with you budget wise and make sure you and your guests have a great time :) I LOVE Michael !!!

Wedding on the Bay

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Katie K

We got married at Herrington's Polynesian Bridal Lawn/ Paradise Ballroom on August 3rd, 2013. My new husband and I have said multiple times in the past few weeks that the best decision we made in wedding planning was choosing HOTB as our venue. From the moment we arrived at Herrington for our initial meeting with Michael, we were treated with the highest importance - although there are so many weddings done at this location every year, we always felt like ours was special. When we would arrive for a meeting, staff knew us by name, and we were greeted with fresh baked goods from the chef. Their attention to detail was superb, emails and calls were returned immediately, and our questions were always answered with, "Of course we can do that for you!" When it was time to make the switch from Michael to our day-of coordinator, Ethan, the "pass-off" was seamless. Ethan already knew all of the details of our wedding, and Michael still checked in to see how things were going. Adria also was amazing and helped us to plan a beautiful rehearsal dinner at Calypso Bay. On the day of our wedding, it threatened to rain, and both Michael and Ethan were so on-top of things, watching the weather radar and knew exactly what our "window of time" was to hold the ceremony without getting rained on. They made decisions quickly, involving our other vendors and working extremely well with them. They knew exactly which decisions to include myself and my husband in, and which ones to take over. Where other locations may have said, "It looks like rain, let's go with plan B," HOTB made it so that we were still able to have our dream outdoor wedding on the water. We could go on and on about how beautiful Herrington is, how delicious their food is, and how convenient it is to have a ceremony, reception, and hotel all on one site. But all of that wouldn't have mattered without the quality of the people we worked with for the past 16 months. We can't thank them all enough!!

Best Wedding EVER!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Myisha C

I had my wedding her on 8/25/13 and it was a perfect destination wedding i could ever get at home. everyone was so nice and helpful and the food was good. the only think i did not like is all the extra cost that were not included in the payment of the venue, like color napkins, bar services, colored table clothes, assistance setting up for the wedding. we really have to do-it-ourselves the day of the wedding. never the less my wedding turned out GREAT! and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Krista F

I had my wedding this past weekend on 9/7/13. It was amazing from the ceremony site to the food to the reception area. Herrington provided exceptional service on our wedding day. From the beginning stages of planning to the end product our event designer Brittany as well as our event coordinator Adria, and our event stylist Krissy did a fantastic job. Our day was everything we hoped for and more. We can't say enough good things about Herrington and its staff. I can't thank them enough for making my day so memorable and special. It was the perfect place to have our wedding.

Breathtaking!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Melissa

I could not have been more happy with Herrington. Everything was perfect and went smoothly. It is a naturally beautiful place and made for amazing pictures. The staff is wonderful, professional, sincere, and trustworthy. I never had to worry about anything. The price is worth what you get if it is in your price rage. I cannot recommend them enough! :)

TO Herrington on the Bay