Herrington on the Bay

Rose Haven, MD

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Waterfront Weddings at Herrington on the Bay

Herrington on the Bay is a waterfront event venue overlooking the Chesapeake Bay located. Our ceremony lawns and reception venues are set amidst lush landscaping with magnificent waterfront views. Herrington offers stunning surroundings – perfect for waterfront weddings!

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Camilla R

I was very important for me to have an outdoor wedding on the water and Herrington on the Bay, made this happen plus sooo much more!!! They were the venue as well as the catering and made the entire planning process very easy and enjoyable. All services were very focused on the... Read More bride and groom and making our wedding perfect!! The staff was amazing and I could never thank them enough for making our wedding everything I ever dreamed of times 100. I would and will highly recommend Herrington on the Bay to anyone planning a wedding!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Molly K

Everything was amazing. The employees were easy to contact and were timely on emails throughout the planning process. The views were priceless and were captured beautifully in the photos. The tent was decorated nicely as well.

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Ariel E

Everything was perfect! Brittany, Lexy, and Krissy were so wonderful to work with. I was not picky and completely trusted their vision and everything turned out even more beautiful than I imagined! :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Allison S

My husband and I were just married at Herrington On the Bay on May 30, 2015. We had a two year engagement and Herrington gratefully worked with us on all the planning. From table linens to decorations to cake setting- they were exceptional with helping plan our wedding. Our... Read More wedding planners were Krista Kuechler and Brittany Bergendahl- who were extraordinary at details in our wedding. It was very tough planning a wedding without my mother- who had passed away in 1997 from colon cancer- but Krista and Brittany put me at ease. When the day finally came, everything was perfect! I want to go back and do it all over again-in fact. From the reception to our own private servers, I have to tell you Herrington On the Bay was absolutely magical. I loved every minute of our wedding and would highly recommend anyone plannng a wedding to go straight to Herrington on the Bay for their dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Haley S

I can't say enough about how much I love'd having my wedding reception at Herrington on the Bay! Before, during, and after my wedding, I was constantly impressed by the level of detail and extra attention towards my wedding reception by every member of the staff. However, not... Read More until I was in my friend's wedding did I realize just how above and beyond the staff and venue is at Herrington on the Bay. The wedding coordinator, wedding planner, wait staff, and chefs were always one step ahead. Everything about the venue and staff is top notch!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie S

This venue is hands down THE most gorgeous place you will find in the area. The tropical gardens, palm trees, and waterfront setting make you feel like you are at a destination retreat, rather than a half hour from Annapolis. The staff, execution of special requests, catering,... Read More bar service, and decorations all were above and beyond my expectations. I cannot recommend this wonderful venue emphatically enough. Thank you to Lenysa for responding so kindly to my endless requests and questions and pulling off the perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Keisha R

By far the BEST venue for any ceremony, hands down. The memories of our wedding will forever be perfect thanks to the beautiful location, awesome staff and delicious food provided by Herrington on the Bay. Brittany was instrumental in ensuring every little detail was exactly how... Read More we intended. Her courteous and caring demeanor speaks volumes and calms even the most nervous bride!! And our day wouldn't have been a success without Adria's contagious positive attitude; she kept everything on track and never stopped smiling :) We can't thank Herrington on the Bay enough for making our Special Day SPECTACULAR!!! God bless you all & we will definitely be back.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

We had an absolutely breathtaking wedding at Herrington on the Bay. The staff was super helpful, and the Paradise Ballroom was even more beautiful than I had imagined it. Our families loved staying at the Inn and making our wedding a weekend affair we will cherish for a... Read More lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Megan G

I am so happy that I chose Herrington for both our ceremony and reception! The entire time Brittany and Adria were so flexible, constanlty checking in, and made the whole process completly stress free. The venue was gorgeous and the night of the wedding I didn't worry about a... Read More single thing. Adria was there letting me know when I needed to cut the cake, throw the bouquet, everything. I could just enjoy myself and not have to worry about the time or if I forgot something. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Melissa R

I loved getting married at Herrington on the Bay! The venue is absolutely stunning! The whole planning process was made so easy due to all the help provided by the coordinators. On the day of the wedding, everyone was done to perfection. The only thing I had to worry about was... Read More getting married! I would highly suggest getting married at Herrington on the Bay!

Ceremony Site & Reception Venue Review for Herrington On The Bay

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Christine H

My husband and I got married at the Herring Garden and had our reception at the Yacht Club at Herrington On The Bay in June 2015. It was the first site visit we had and nothing really compared to it when we went on other site visits. The moment we drove up and saw the... Read More background of the Chesapeake Bay, we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. They were very welcoming and friendly and immediately made you feel like family. Janice walked us thru all the in's and out's of what was included and Tom gave us a small taste testing of food. The food was impressive and left us wanting to taste more options. Actually, a lot of what we tasted that day is what we picked for our reception and cocktail hour. Throughout the next 8 months, we were introduced to Krista, who was going to be our wedding coordinator. She was attentive and responded to our emails and phone calls within 24 hours, if not immediately. Every detail was discussed in detail with both Janice and Krista and they both made this process really easy and stress free for us. With the ceremony site being brand new, they took the extra effort to replace some of the sod that had just been laid down earlier that month because the heat and people walking on it had made it turn brown. They didn't want our guest walking on dead grass. They assured me everything would be taken care of by the day of the wedding and it was. We had our rehearsal dinner in the yacht club and everything was beautiful. The day we got married was a pretty hot and humid day. They had water for our guests as well as a large fan that spritz water. While we had planned to have the wedding party eat their appetizers and drinks outside during pictures, I asked that we take it inside because of the heat. There was no issue and they quickly transitioned everything back into the Yacht Club. After the wedding, we asked our guests what they though of everything and everyone was nothing but complimentary. They had a great time and we received lots of compliments on the food. Our recommendations is to make sure to try the bacon wrapped scallops. Also leave more than an hours worth of time for pictures after the ceremony. There are many landscape opportunities for pictures. Some things to look out for would be to make sure they don't put the ice water in the glasses to early for reception. The linen costs are not included in the fee as they are in some other venues. Also, be prepared to not have many options for where the guests to stay. Their onsite rooms are not reserved for weddings and were not available for our wedding at all to reserve. The next closest option was 2.5 miles away, which is the only other hotel relatively close. Once they find out you aren't having your wedding there, they will immediately cut your block in half. So be prepared for your guests to stay at least 30 min away from Herrington. But Herrington does have a shuttle and that was a life saver for us. We ended up renting the biggest house in North Beach for both sides of our wedding party. The shuttle went back and forth from the house and save us a lot of stress coordinating rides. My husband and I would highly recommend having a wedding here. The employees are fantastic and service was perfect. They make it easy to get married.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Sarah E

My husband and I fell in love with this venue as soon as we saw it. We chose the Polynesian Lawn and Paradise Ballroom for our wedding. Even though we had rain on our wedding day everything was still absolutely gorgeous! The staff was always very responsive and accommodating... Read More through the whole process. We worked with Janice and Adria for both the wedding and rehearsal dinner. All of our guests were so complimentary on how gorgeous the spaces were and also how delicious the food was! It's hard to find good wedding food but everything at Herrington was delicious from the cocktail hour to the buffet to the dessert bar! Most of our family and friends stayed at the Inn at Herrington Harbour. It was so nice to have everyone stay on the same property and not have to worry about guests drinking and driving. The rooms at the Inn are very nice and the Suites were perfect to get ready in. We had an amazing wedding day and are so happy we chose Herrington on the Bay to be our venue.

Reviewed on 2/23/2015

The best venue Southern Maryland has to offer. Herrington's attention to detail has astonished my family and I. I am a single young lady, however, when the time is right I will definitely choose this venue. The area is great and guests will enjoy your wedding as a 'mini... Read More vacation'.

Herrington is the Best!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Maddie S

It was really important for me to get married overlooking the water, so that was our main goal when we went in search of venues. We looked at a few others in the area, but we absolutely fell in love when we first say Herrington on the Bay. It's gorgeous. The staff made planning... Read More the wedding so easy. It was amazing. I always looked forward to talking to Janice, our event planner, and making trips to the venue (they always feed you!!) I have a wheat allergy and was very concerned about being able to eat at my wedding without worrying about getting sick. HOTB is absolutely amazing when it comes to this. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I had a special meal prepared and their Chef Tom makes the most wonderful gluten free breads. He even made me a gluten free crab cake!! AMAZING!! Our wedding coordinator, Ethan, made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything and it was so nice. The staff is spectacular, the food is amazing (my guests keep raving about it), and you can't beat the views. I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it all over again!

Amazing place to get married!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsay B

My now wife and I just had our wedding here at Herrington on the Bay's Polynesian Bridal Lawn. This venue is beautiful, we knew when we first saw it that this was where we were going to get married. Janice and Adria were absolutely amazing to work with when planning the... Read More wedding and on the wedding day. They took care of everything which really let my wife and I enjoy our wedding day. We would highly recommend Herrington on the Bay. Our guests loved the place as well, we received so many compliments.

Ashe Wedding 9/27/14 Best Night Ever

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

Ethan Spencer, Beth Lennon and the entire HOTB staff were phenomenal!! Our wedding was held off site at our home a few minutes from HOTB. Everything was perfect and they truly made us feel like a prince and princess. Not a detail was overlooked or forgotten. They had a few... Read More surprises that made an already amazing night SPECTACULAR.

Gorgeous Views

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Genna H

Overall my experience at Herrington was fabulous. The people I met with initially about my wedding were wonderful. The office staff and kitchen staff I met were also wonderful. The views at the Paradise Ballroom where I had my wedding were spectacular. Everything was set up... Read More as I had envisioned. The food was amazing and the bar tender was awesome! I will say, for all the many positive things, the staff at my actual event could have been a little more attentive. But, I was the only one who noticed - all of my guests had a wonderful time and are still talking about it!

Not just an amazing view!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Ashley T

What a beautiful place to enjoy the most important day of your life! We were married in the Herring Bay Bridal Garden, our ceremony was inside, our rehearsal dinner was outside in the tent, our after party was at Mango's next door, and we stayed at the Inn for two nights.... Read More Everything was absolutely perfect!! Our assigned coordinator helped us to create the most amazing day and memories. Definitely worth what you pay. All of our guests have raved about our wedding day at Herrington!!

Amazing Staff

Reviewed on 9/19/2014

We were married in the Herring Bay Bridal Garden and had our reception in the Herrington Yacht Club on a beautiful September day. Beth and Krista were there to help us plan the entire event. On the day of the wedding the grounds were immaculate and everything was perfect.... Read More Then we had a major hiccup; the DJ we hired from Davis Deejay, not associated with Herrington on the Bay, was the worst DJ anyone at our wedding had ever experienced. Krista and Lauren from Herrington stepped up and saved our wedding ceremony and reception. Krista and Lauren fixed the DJs mistakes and kept us calm and focused on enjoying our day. The bridal garden, flowers, centerpieces, and food were all perfect but Krista and Lauren are the reason we had a perfect wedding and they are why we would highly recommend Herrington on the Bay.

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Jennifer D

My husband and I decided to go with Herrington on the Bay because of it's beautiful scenery. We had our ceremony outside in the Bridal Garden over looking the water and had our reception moved inside to the Yacht Club house. All the guests are still emailing about how beautiful... Read More it was.

Perfect Wedding at Herrington

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Aubrey

Herrington on the Bay was a beautiful place for our ceremony and reception. Michael and Lexy planned and coordinated our wedding perfectly. Both were great to work with and always available/responsive. Even the planning process here was fun - we were always well fed whenever we... Read More made the trip to the venue. The food was great too, especially the crab balls and bacon wrapped scallops. We had a perfect wedding day with great weather, views of the Chesapeake Bay, and a beautiful sunset. It felt like we had our own private island. The only downfall is lack of lodging (the inn was booked with a Friday wedding on our weekend). We chose to have our guests stay at the DoubleTree in Annapolis and got buses to bring them to Herrington. We provided drinks on the buses and everyone had a blast.

Herrington on the Bay Venue is Spectacular!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Jenny R

Our wedding on May 18th was absolutely spectacular!!! Everything was flawless, the venue was beautiful, food was awesome, and the customer service we received was impeccable! Thank you Janice and Sarah for all of your hard work and dedication!!! Every guest enjoyed themselves... Read More and we received nothing but compliments! Not one person said they didn't have a good time!!! We are so appreciative! Herrington on the Bay accommodated us above and beyond! If we had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Amazing Staff and Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Lynn

I had my ceremony and reception here and I was thrilled, the staff was amazing, and the venue is so beautiful we didn't have to do much for decorations. I would reccommend Herrington to anyone for any occassion!!

The Wedding of My DREAMS~

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Kristina M

I was married at Herrington on the Bay on May 24, 2014. We chose the Herrington Bridal Lawn and both floors of the yacht club for 120 guests. The first time we visited this location we fell in love. All the staff is amazing. The weather was PERFECT! I also used one of their... Read More staff members as my ceremony coordinator and I'm so glad I did. She kept everything during the rehearsal and ceremony perfectly organized. The wedding was flawless. I worked with Janice Loos and she seriously is amazing. She responded to my millions of questions very promptly. My mom even used them to cater my bridal shower offsite and everyone RAVED about their food. I still get compliments about how gorgeous the venue was!

Herrington on the Bay

Reviewed on 7/11/2014

My wedding was May 22, 2014 at Herrington on the Bay. Firstly, the location of this venue is gorgeous and speaks for itself, from the view of the Chesapeake Bay to the immaculate landscaping. I love the tropical feel that the landscaping gives. You will fall in love at first... Read More site. Secondly, the team at Herrington on the Bay (Brittany Bergendahl, Sarah Music and Krissy Curtis) was excellent to work with and I was beyond happy with the services they provided. They were professional, responsive to all my needs, and saw the vision I had for both the wedding day as well as the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to work with or a better venue for my wedding. Herrington on the Bay was hands-down my first choice of venue and by far the most beautiful. It truly feels like a little community with everything all-included, from the ceremony and reception site to the quaint Inn and even the restaurant/bar at Mangos. The Inn is perfect and unique in that it's not like every other hotel but instead villa-like rooms (or spectacular suites) that open up to a pretty courtyard area and all in view of the beach! You will not be disappointed.