Herrington on the Bay

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

The Best!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Camilla R

I was very important for me to have an outdoor wedding on the water and Herrington on the Bay, made this happen plus sooo much more!!! They were the venue as well as the catering and made the entire planning process very easy and enjoyable. All services were very focused on the... Read More bride and groom and making our wedding perfect!! The staff was amazing and I could never thank them enough for making our wedding everything I ever dreamed of times 100. I would and will highly recommend Herrington on the Bay to anyone planning a wedding!!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Molly K

Everything was amazing. The employees were easy to contact and were timely on emails throughout the planning process. The views were priceless and were captured beautifully in the photos. The tent was decorated nicely as well.

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Ariel E

Everything was perfect! Brittany, Lexy, and Krissy were so wonderful to work with. I was not picky and completely trusted their vision and everything turned out even more beautiful than I imagined! :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Natalie B

They surpassed all expectations!!! We had a fairytale dream wedding! All our guests couldn't stop talking about perfect everything was... Even our family who wouldn't hold back the truth! Brittany and Jordyn took care of everything! They make you feel like you're the only... Read More wedding they are planning and you're the most important couple they have. They took a huge load off us and made planning a wedding not seem so terrible. I can't thank them enough. Everything was beautiful. They called every vendor the day before to make sure everything and everyone showed up on time. They thought of everything... We could come up with what we thought was a great idea and something extra we'd have to take care of ourselves and they'd tell us it's already done. Like water and fans at the venue. We didn't have a room at the Inn there but the bus they provided picked us from the house we had and even some friends who rented beach houses in the area. It was very convenient! We originally wanted a destination wedding but Herrington allowed us to have our dream destination wedding without the financial burden for families to travel. I can't recommend this place enough! I'm also terrible at making up my mind about everything so I appreciated that Britrany and Jordyn help make all those decisions-- down to everything from colors to DJs.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Natalie B

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

My husband and I are still receiving compliments on our wedding ceremony and venue! This was such a positive experience from start to finish. The staff was amazing and guided us through the entire process. I really have nothing negative to say. The food was delicious, and... Read More the ceremony and reception site was beautiful and well maintained. We are so happy with our decision to have our wedding here!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

We could not be more ecstatic in choosing Harrington on the bay for our wedding. We were able to receive our Caribbean wedding right here in Maryland. Everything was above and beyond our expectations, to the point where I wish we could have our wedding here every year :) All of... Read More the staff at the Harrington truly blew us away, with their professionalism, kindness, knowledge and the best of all how genuine everyone was. We worked directly with Jessie and Brittany and I can honestly say we have never seen any two people with such passion for what they do. They were amazing from the beginning to the end of our wedding process. Brittany and Jessie made everything seem seamless. I was able to contact them anytime with any questions or concerns that I had big or small. We will especially miss the tasty sweet treats and snacks the chefs prepared for us when we met with them. We would love to give a huge thank you and big hug to the entire Harrington on the Bay staff for making our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Laurel H

The setting is beautiful, and we had a great experience with Herrington. The food was amazing, and all our guests thought so. Everything went smoothly and on-time, and Herrington was organized, responsive, and helpful with all our questions. I thought the price was fair given... Read More the comparison shopping I did.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Mini Z

We had our wedding at Herrington On the Bay on 7/3/16. We have to say, the wedding was perfect (even in the rain) and it was the best thing we can ask for because we had our wedding HERE at Herrington! From the first time we met Brittany, our wedding designer, we already fell... Read More in love with this venue. Before that day, we have already checked out 4 venues, but not a single one made us as excited as Herrington did. Brittany was very professional and easy to work with. She gave us many good advice and showed us around. She patiently answered our questions and helped us to picture the wedding we want. During the following months, Herrington's staff kept in touch with us frequently. They responded emails promptly. Two months before the wedding, we met our wedding coordinator Jordyn. She is awesome too! Jordyn wrote down every detail we discussed and double checked the timeline, the decoration and menu with us and told us to relax before the wedding because they would help us to make sure the day go smoothly. Everything they said was RIGHT! On our wedding day, our guests kept telling us they like the venue we chose and they enjoyed themselves a lot. The bar tender was very friendly to our guests, the waiters were all paying attention to the guests' needs and our wedding coordinator Jordyn took care every single thing for us so we could enjoy our big day too! Plus, we got a firework show on our wedding night because it was the day before July 4th. Our wedding guests all stayed until the very end of the wedding and they did not want to leave. We all had a lot of fun! We can't thank Herrington enough for helping us "create" a perfect wedding, a forever sweet memory!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Emily B

Herrington on the bay is a beautiful venue don't get me wrong. However, my fiancé and I booked our wedding there over a year away from our wedding day. Two months after signing our contract my grandfather became severely ill and my father passed away. My grandfather was paying... Read More for my wedding but with his new diagnosis he could no longer afford it and desperately needed any money he had for his care. Unfortunately we had to cancel our wedding and Herrington, we may not even be able to have an actual wedding because we can't afford it and now neither my grandfather or father will be able to be there. Herrington on the Bay could care less about my tragic circumstance. They still have over a year out to book that wedding date, but still refuse to refund us some of our deposit for my sick and dying grandfather. That money could be used to help funeral arrangements for my father and any medical expenses for my grandfather. I understand a contract is binding, but as this is a small privately owned business, you would think the owner, Anna Chaney, could at least refund some of the deposit. The only suggestion they offered was to list the date as a hot date on their website. That doesn't help me or my family with our current financial situation. In addition, once they canceled our wedding, they are no longer responding to any of my emails. Completely ignoring me and my family. It's a disgusting business practice. This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life and now it's a nightmare.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Davia P

I had the wedding of my dreams!!! The venue is beautiful, the staff is awesome, and my day went off without a hitch!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Allison S

My husband and I were just married at Herrington On the Bay on May 30, 2015. We had a two year engagement and Herrington gratefully worked with us on all the planning. From table linens to decorations to cake setting- they were exceptional with helping plan our wedding. Our... Read More wedding planners were Krista Kuechler and Brittany Bergendahl- who were extraordinary at details in our wedding. It was very tough planning a wedding without my mother- who had passed away in 1997 from colon cancer- but Krista and Brittany put me at ease. When the day finally came, everything was perfect! I want to go back and do it all over again-in fact. From the reception to our own private servers, I have to tell you Herrington On the Bay was absolutely magical. I loved every minute of our wedding and would highly recommend anyone plannng a wedding to go straight to Herrington on the Bay for their dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Haley S

I can't say enough about how much I love'd having my wedding reception at Herrington on the Bay! Before, during, and after my wedding, I was constantly impressed by the level of detail and extra attention towards my wedding reception by every member of the staff. However, not... Read More until I was in my friend's wedding did I realize just how above and beyond the staff and venue is at Herrington on the Bay. The wedding coordinator, wedding planner, wait staff, and chefs were always one step ahead. Everything about the venue and staff is top notch!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie S

This venue is hands down THE most gorgeous place you will find in the area. The tropical gardens, palm trees, and waterfront setting make you feel like you are at a destination retreat, rather than a half hour from Annapolis. The staff, execution of special requests, catering,... Read More bar service, and decorations all were above and beyond my expectations. I cannot recommend this wonderful venue emphatically enough. Thank you to Lenysa for responding so kindly to my endless requests and questions and pulling off the perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Keisha R

By far the BEST venue for any ceremony, hands down. The memories of our wedding will forever be perfect thanks to the beautiful location, awesome staff and delicious food provided by Herrington on the Bay. Brittany was instrumental in ensuring every little detail was exactly how... Read More we intended. Her courteous and caring demeanor speaks volumes and calms even the most nervous bride!! And our day wouldn't have been a success without Adria's contagious positive attitude; she kept everything on track and never stopped smiling :) We can't thank Herrington on the Bay enough for making our Special Day SPECTACULAR!!! God bless you all & we will definitely be back.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

We had an absolutely breathtaking wedding at Herrington on the Bay. The staff was super helpful, and the Paradise Ballroom was even more beautiful than I had imagined it. Our families loved staying at the Inn and making our wedding a weekend affair we will cherish for a... Read More lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Megan G

I am so happy that I chose Herrington for both our ceremony and reception! The entire time Brittany and Adria were so flexible, constanlty checking in, and made the whole process completly stress free. The venue was gorgeous and the night of the wedding I didn't worry about a... Read More single thing. Adria was there letting me know when I needed to cut the cake, throw the bouquet, everything. I could just enjoy myself and not have to worry about the time or if I forgot something. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Melissa R

I loved getting married at Herrington on the Bay! The venue is absolutely stunning! The whole planning process was made so easy due to all the help provided by the coordinators. On the day of the wedding, everyone was done to perfection. The only thing I had to worry about was... Read More getting married! I would highly suggest getting married at Herrington on the Bay!

Ceremony Site & Reception Venue Review for Herrington On The Bay

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Christine H

My husband and I got married at the Herring Garden and had our reception at the Yacht Club at Herrington On The Bay in June 2015. It was the first site visit we had and nothing really compared to it when we went on other site visits. The moment we drove up and saw the... Read More background of the Chesapeake Bay, we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. They were very welcoming and friendly and immediately made you feel like family. Janice walked us thru all the in's and out's of what was included and Tom gave us a small taste testing of food. The food was impressive and left us wanting to taste more options. Actually, a lot of what we tasted that day is what we picked for our reception and cocktail hour. Throughout the next 8 months, we were introduced to Krista, who was going to be our wedding coordinator. She was attentive and responded to our emails and phone calls within 24 hours, if not immediately. Every detail was discussed in detail with both Janice and Krista and they both made this process really easy and stress free for us. With the ceremony site being brand new, they took the extra effort to replace some of the sod that had just been laid down earlier that month because the heat and people walking on it had made it turn brown. They didn't want our guest walking on dead grass. They assured me everything would be taken care of by the day of the wedding and it was. We had our rehearsal dinner in the yacht club and everything was beautiful. The day we got married was a pretty hot and humid day. They had water for our guests as well as a large fan that spritz water. While we had planned to have the wedding party eat their appetizers and drinks outside during pictures, I asked that we take it inside because of the heat. There was no issue and they quickly transitioned everything back into the Yacht Club. After the wedding, we asked our guests what they though of everything and everyone was nothing but complimentary. They had a great time and we received lots of compliments on the food. Our recommendations is to make sure to try the bacon wrapped scallops. Also leave more than an hours worth of time for pictures after the ceremony. There are many landscape opportunities for pictures. Some things to look out for would be to make sure they don't put the ice water in the glasses to early for reception. The linen costs are not included in the fee as they are in some other venues. Also, be prepared to not have many options for where the guests to stay. Their onsite rooms are not reserved for weddings and were not available for our wedding at all to reserve. The next closest option was 2.5 miles away, which is the only other hotel relatively close. Once they find out you aren't having your wedding there, they will immediately cut your block in half. So be prepared for your guests to stay at least 30 min away from Herrington. But Herrington does have a shuttle and that was a life saver for us. We ended up renting the biggest house in North Beach for both sides of our wedding party. The shuttle went back and forth from the house and save us a lot of stress coordinating rides. My husband and I would highly recommend having a wedding here. The employees are fantastic and service was perfect. They make it easy to get married.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Sarah E

My husband and I fell in love with this venue as soon as we saw it. We chose the Polynesian Lawn and Paradise Ballroom for our wedding. Even though we had rain on our wedding day everything was still absolutely gorgeous! The staff was always very responsive and accommodating... Read More through the whole process. We worked with Janice and Adria for both the wedding and rehearsal dinner. All of our guests were so complimentary on how gorgeous the spaces were and also how delicious the food was! It's hard to find good wedding food but everything at Herrington was delicious from the cocktail hour to the buffet to the dessert bar! Most of our family and friends stayed at the Inn at Herrington Harbour. It was so nice to have everyone stay on the same property and not have to worry about guests drinking and driving. The rooms at the Inn are very nice and the Suites were perfect to get ready in. We had an amazing wedding day and are so happy we chose Herrington on the Bay to be our venue.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015

The best venue Southern Maryland has to offer. Herrington's attention to detail has astonished my family and I. I am a single young lady, however, when the time is right I will definitely choose this venue. The area is great and guests will enjoy your wedding as a 'mini... Read More vacation'.

Herrington is the Best!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Maddie S

It was really important for me to get married overlooking the water, so that was our main goal when we went in search of venues. We looked at a few others in the area, but we absolutely fell in love when we first say Herrington on the Bay. It's gorgeous. The staff made planning... Read More the wedding so easy. It was amazing. I always looked forward to talking to Janice, our event planner, and making trips to the venue (they always feed you!!) I have a wheat allergy and was very concerned about being able to eat at my wedding without worrying about getting sick. HOTB is absolutely amazing when it comes to this. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I had a special meal prepared and their Chef Tom makes the most wonderful gluten free breads. He even made me a gluten free crab cake!! AMAZING!! Our wedding coordinator, Ethan, made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything and it was so nice. The staff is spectacular, the food is amazing (my guests keep raving about it), and you can't beat the views. I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it all over again!

Amazing place to get married!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Lindsay B

My now wife and I just had our wedding here at Herrington on the Bay's Polynesian Bridal Lawn. This venue is beautiful, we knew when we first saw it that this was where we were going to get married. Janice and Adria were absolutely amazing to work with when planning the... Read More wedding and on the wedding day. They took care of everything which really let my wife and I enjoy our wedding day. We would highly recommend Herrington on the Bay. Our guests loved the place as well, we received so many compliments.

Ashe Wedding 9/27/14 Best Night Ever

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

Ethan Spencer, Beth Lennon and the entire HOTB staff were phenomenal!! Our wedding was held off site at our home a few minutes from HOTB. Everything was perfect and they truly made us feel like a prince and princess. Not a detail was overlooked or forgotten. They had a few... Read More surprises that made an already amazing night SPECTACULAR.

Gorgeous Views

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Genna H

Overall my experience at Herrington was fabulous. The people I met with initially about my wedding were wonderful. The office staff and kitchen staff I met were also wonderful. The views at the Paradise Ballroom where I had my wedding were spectacular. Everything was set up... Read More as I had envisioned. The food was amazing and the bar tender was awesome! I will say, for all the many positive things, the staff at my actual event could have been a little more attentive. But, I was the only one who noticed - all of my guests had a wonderful time and are still talking about it!