Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

Serving Greater NYC Area, Brooklyn, NY

A Wonderful Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 ginger k

My husband and I started using Cindy a little over a year ago as our travel agent. She first helped plan our trip to the Dominican Republic, which is where my husband proposed. This obviously was a very special trip for my husband and I. We had never been to the Dominican... Read More before and Cindy did an amazing job finding the perfect resort for us. She got us a great deal at a beautiful resort called the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. We were so happy with Cindy services organizing our Dominican trip, that we asked her to plan our wedding! My husband and I decided that we wanted to have a destination wedding. We knew we wanted to have our wedding somewhere in Mexico. Cindy did a phenomenal job finding the perfect resort for our wedding that was right within our budget. I honestly don’t think it could have been any better. I was a little nervous about planning a wedding in another country. You really have to have a lot faith in your travel agent and the wedding coordinator at the property. We also wanted this to be a smooth and easy process for our guests. Cindy took all of my worries away. She handled all of our guests room reservations, airfare, travel transportations to and from the airport and sent all of our guests a well-organized travel itinerary. Cindy also was a big help in communicating with the wedding coordinator, expressing our needs to make sure we got the best service. When we arrived the first night, we had a bottle of champagne on ice in our room with a personalized note from Cindy. She is so sweet! A great way to start our vacation! I really cannot say enough great things about HIATUS. I will never use another travel agent!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Fern C

Cindy was a pleasure to work with! My wife and I had a general idea of where we wanted to go (Italy - Rome / Amalfi / Puglia) and what we wanted to do (30-40% running around / 60-70% relaxing) and Cindy was able to fill in the gaps with suggestions that were on point. She was... Read More also incredibly helpful when the airline decided to misplace one of our bags for 3 days... I will be working with Cindy again in the very near future. FIVE STARS

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

Cindy and Hiatus helped us plan our dream honeymoon to Italy! It sounds cliche, but for a once in a lifetime event (fingers crossed!), we wanted it to go off without a hitch. At every step of the planning process, and as we traveled from New York to Venice to Florence to Tuscany... Read More to Rome, Cindy met and exceeded our expectations. Neither of us had consulted a travel agent before, and we both agreed overwhelmingly that it was money well spent, and quite reasonable at that. Everyone has had travel nightmares, whether in transit, in atrocious accommodations, with planned activities, or at tourist trap restaurants. Cindy helped us avoid these pitfalls, and planned little surprises along the way that made us so grateful to be in good hands. We had a truly unforgettable honeymoon, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this consummate professional to anyone planning a trip that is even slightly beyond their comfort zone. You will not regret it. Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Cindy is terrific!!! I could probably write 10 paragraphs on how much my wife and I would recommend her, but lets keep it concise. The first time we met, we were lucky enough to live close by, we spent about 90 minutes together. We were not set on a destination for our... Read More honeymoon, but had ideas of what we wanted and did not want. Cindy asked great questions and definitely helped us narrow down what the best options were. She really listened and keyed in on things we were saying. She offered us up a few great itineraries in different places. We chose the one she laid out for us in Belize and had an incredible honeymoon. It couldn't have been better. The places she recommended were EXACTLY what we wanted. During the one minor issue we had Cindy was immediately responsive and helped us get it sorted out ASAP. We've definitely found a travel agent for life!

Reviewed on 6/25/2016

Cindy did a fantastic job planning our honeymoon in Spain and Portugal. We had never been to either country and were so busy with the wedding planning that we did not have time to put in the effort to plan a great trip. Cindy meet with us and took down all the things we liked... Read More to do as well as our budget. She sent us three different proposals for the trip and we picked the things we liked and places we wanted to go. Everything was arranged perfectly and the itinerary they provide as well as suggestions of things to do during down time was perfect. Logistics were all taken care of and we never had to worry about how to move from place to place.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

I have always planned my trips around the world, so I was a little hesitant to work with a travel agent. Cindy Goldberger exceeded our expectations with her organization of our honeymoon trip. Needless to say, we had a lot on our plate for planning a wedding, so I was happy that... Read More Cindy could handle that for us. Cindy worked diligently and had good communication with us to deliver an exceptional 2 weeks in Ecuador and the Galapagos. We look forward to working with her again! Cheers Cindy!

Impeccable Attention To Detail

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

Cindy Goldberger at Hiatus Travel helped my husband and I plan our honeymoon at the Le Royal Monceau in Paris. Cindy has helped us on several occasions plan our vacations and she has an impeccable attention to detail and really knows how to listen to what you want, and to... Read More exceed those expectations. As a gay couple it is important that we stay in LGBT friendly businesses and Cindy is very knowledgeable about making recommendations of properties and locations that are welcoming to the LGBT community. Le Royal Monceau is a classy, romantic, and whimsical experience with the best breakfast/brunch in Paris and beyond.

Amazing Honeymoon in New Zealand

Reviewed on 4/17/2015

We worked with Cindy from HIATUS to plan our honeymoon to New Zealand. We cannot imagine having done this while also planning a wedding! Cindy was incredible -- first listening and asking the right questions to narrow down the options, and patiently iterating with us as we... Read More honed in on a location. From then, Cindy worked with her HIATUS network to put together an incredible itinerary and remained very flexible to tweak certain elements and gave us a variety of options to suit our preferences. During the actual honeymoon, HIATUS also proved vital as some of our plans were thwarted due to the weather, at which point HIATUS was instrumental in coordinating other options and getting refunds for existing reservations. I cannot imagine having planned my honeymoon without HIATUS and fully intend to use them going forward for future vacations as well!

Outstanding Service + Knowledge

Reviewed on 2/19/2013 cody r

I hired Cindy from Hiatus to plan my 12-day trip to Thailand in February of 2013. She was incredible! I had never used a travel agent before, and now I can't imagine not using her to plan my big trips in the future. She is so personable - she took the time to find out exactly... Read More what I wanted to do on this trip, and she made it happen. A few notable things she did: - she placed calls to international vendors to get the specifics on guided adventures - she saved me a ton of money by booking my flight for me, which alone saved me the cost of hiring her, in fact - dialed in my arrival taxi from the Bangkok airport to my hotel (made life so easy!) I can't recommend her enough. She rules.

Start a Conversation!