Book Your Wedding with Hidden River Events

A BARN IN SWANNANOA, NC

Hidden River Events, a rustic outdoor venue nestled on the banks of the Swannanoa River just 15 minutes from Asheville in Swannanoa, North Carolina. A working farm, Hidden River Events supplies many of the flowers and fresh produce used in the weddings hosted by the event company. With 17 scenic acres adjacent to over 1,100 pristine, undeveloped acres, your wedding photos glow with natural lighting and panoramic views. Couples who book their wedding at Hidden River Events can choose from six enticing locations for their outdoor ceremony:

The Annual Cut Flower Garden. This gorgeous meadow of waist-high annuals can accommodate up to 350 guests and provides a lovely backdrop for a garden ceremony.

The Marrying Field. This wide-open space is dotted with buttercups and surrounded by lovely mountain views. Up to 350 guests can share your celebration in the Marrying Field.

The Deck. This intimate space for smaller weddings of up to 42 guests overlooks breathtaking views of the Swannanoa Valley.

The Swannanoa River. This is the venue's most popular ceremony location with space for up to 250 guests. With the river gurgling in the background and plenty of trees to shade your guests, it's also a great place to hold your entire event including your outdoor reception.

The Perennial Garden. This beautiful, colorful garden shows its best during the summer months with space for around 350 guests.

Beneath the Old Sycamore Tree. This ancient tree towers over a grassy knoll with plenty of shade and a view of the bell tower. It's particularly quaint set with white chairs for a ceremony of up to 125 guests.

The Tent. This massive outdoor 6,800-square-foot structure covers a stamped concrete pad and dance floor lit with romantic patio lighting; it can accommodate 400 guests with ease. Heavy blackout fabric and an indoor circulation system keep temperatures cool even in the hottest summer months.

This is an all-inclusive venue, offering wedding couples every service. Couples only need to arrange their invitations and alcohol (with special service enhancements with preferred vendors) for a beautiful, stress-free wedding. Options can be upgraded and customized. All wedding packages include:

• An event manager/planner plus day-of hostess services
  • Sound system and DJ
  • Bartender and drink attendants
  • Tables, chairs, table linens, napkins, glassware and stemware
  • Wicker cocktail tables and wrought-iron sweetheart table
  • Torches and evening lighting; access to the in-ground fire pit
  • Catering, buffet setup and take-down and all related labor
  • Four hours of photography plus a CD of all images, additional hours can be purchased
  • All flowers using farm and locally grown blooms, including wedding party flowers
  • Access to the "Decor Garage" for items to customize your decor
  • A beautiful wedding cake or your choice of dessert options
  • Access to the Bridal Studio and Field House for the bridal couple's preparations

Saturday night weddings include three nights of housing at the venue's lovely cabins, which can accommodate up to 50 people comfortably. Weekday weddings may also add housing options, except for Fridays, which are reserved for Saturday wedding couples.

Please note: This venue only hosts one event per day and you must purchase wedding insurance. A license is required if you plan to serve hard liquor at your reception. Your event manager helps you with these issues.

You'll love all these extra perks that make your Hidden River Events wedding spectacular:

• Carriage rides for the wedding party to and from the ceremony site and reception
  • Golf cart rides for guests from parking to ceremony site
  • Use of the Field House/After-Party House for up to 25 guests after the ceremony ends
  • Optional rehearsal dinner for up to 42 guests on site for Saturday weddings
  • Miles of lovely hiking trails on the property for wedding weekend adventures

Simply Beautiful Mountain Weddings

Wed next to the the Swannanoa River, 5 minutes from Asheville, and follow with a reception amidst a stunning Blue Ridge Mountain backdrop on our 17+ acre farm. Indoor and outdoor sites. Vacation rental housing for 50+ guests on site and included for three nights in Saturday packages.. Kindness, quality, and reasonable pricing for large or small destination weddings and local events. Our packages are truly all inclusive: food, flowers, dessert, photography, carriage, DJ, event management, onsite housing (for Saturday events and Sunday-Wednesday, if added), and all labor to set up a take down the event. Truly, a stress fee and beautiful option. Ceremony sites by the river, in flower fields, under a sycamore tree, in the open valley with sweeping mountain views.

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Mountain, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

30 Hidden River Drive, Swannanoa, NC (828) 333-3401
PINTEREST

Unique and personal

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Dawn S

This is how our guests described our wedding. It is a beautiful farm with a rustic appeal that you can dress up. My planning was relatively stress free as they offer reasonable all inclusive packages. Despite not micromanaging my wedding I was extremely pleased with the turnout.... Read More It was a beautiful, unique, and intimate ceremony and reception and not to mention we had a blast on the dance floor! Staff are very friendly and laid back yet organized. The vendors are wonderful and good quality and the whole event was well orchestrated. I highly recommend for the couple that wants a more simple and naturally beautiful wedding with an intimate feel.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Jessie H

I recently had my reception at Hidden River and I could not have asked for anything more. The staff was so great and made everything so easy! We especially loved how they had housing on the property for all of our wedding party and out of town family members! If you are looking... Read More for an outdoor reception take a look at Hidden River! You will not be disappointed.

2013-04-20T05:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing to begin your married life with us. It was a pleasure to serve you and your families well. We hope you will visit us many times to remember how and when your marriage began. We wish you both the best, always.

Best Weekend Ever!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Alicia C

Our entire wedding weekend was amazing! The venue is gorgeous and was the perfect backdrop for our relaxing, fun-filled weekend. We loved making s'mores over the firepit, playing football in the field, and dancing the night away! Kelly, the wedding coordinator, was a great... Read More help throughout the months leading up to the wedding and helped keep me calm the day of the wedding. All of the staff was helpful, and polite. The facilities were exactly what we expected and the houses on the property were actually better than we imagined! The onsite housing allowed our family and friends to spend valuable quality time together. We were able to create memories that will last a lifetime. Truly an amazing experience and my words will never do it justice. It was just perfect! Thank you to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 David S

We got married at HRE in July 2017. They first caught our eye because of how inclusive their website was with same sex couples, and after we visited a year ago we were convinced. They have a really well-designed all-inclusive package that definitely helped us reduce the stress... Read More of having to find every vendor on our own. They took care of pretty much everything for us, and were really flexible with the things we wanted to change from the original package. Having housing on site is also a big plus. We had guests coming from all over the world and we were able to host most of our friends there for the full weekend, making it even more magical. Working with Grace leading to the wedding was a pleasure. She is super responsive, always keeps in mind your preferences and has excellent attention to detail. The place is just GORGEOUS. Beautiful sunsets, amazing mountain views, and several ceremony spots that you can choose from. We had some stress added to our wedding day itself because of unexpected rain, which made the situation a little bit chaotic at some points in the hours before the wedding. Our recommendation here is that you make sure you know beforehand who your day of coordinator is going to be. After working for a year with Grace we knew that she would have been perfect that day, but unfortunately she couldn't be there. The person replacing her didn't know us as well and didn't have the knowledge of our contingency plan preferences, which meant that we had to make a lot of stressful decisions on the go while trying to keep calm in front of our guests. We also didn't love the DJ (who was also a substitute for their main one). I would make sure you talk to the DJ in advance to make sure he/she knows what you want and avoid any confusion. We shared this feedback with the venue, and they have been absolutely amazing at receiving it and taking steps so this doesn't happen again. All in all, we definitely loved working with the HRE team, and if we had to start over we would absolutely go with them again.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Julia L

Jeanne, Grace, Paige and the rest of the team at Hidden River is top notch. They went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the best weekend of my new husband & my life. From day one, they were accommodating, easy to contact, flexible, friendly and professional. The fact... Read More that everything was included made it so easy to have a fun and low-stress wedding. Everyone kept commenting on the fact that I didn't seem stressed out as a bride and I always made sure to thank HRE for that. Jeanne was a wonderful officiant and really made it personal to us as a couple (and listened to our wishes for our ceremony.) Grace - what can I say about Grace? Without her, the wedding wouldn't have been the same. She keeps in touch and will respond night & day. She never makes you feel "crazy" when you know you're asking a million questions. She is so so sweet, helpful and although very professional, she is super down to earth. Allan & I are forever thankful for her professional wedding planning services. The housing on site is cozy and comes with basic necessities (linens, towels, kitchen basics, etc.), but doesn't have any toiletries (just as an FYI, it wasn't an issue for us). It was great to be able to host our family on site and have easy to access housing for everyone to crash. The food - out of this world!! Anne is magical. I am one who is very picky when it comes to catered food - I never find it that good, just because it's hard to serve a large number. But with Anne? The food was outstanding. I told her it would be a surprise to us if our top cake tier lasts a year in the freezer - I am already dreaming about it! The DJ was fantastic. He did a fabulous job transitioning the music and listening to our wishes. All of the servers, bartenders, helpers who helped set up the venue did an amazing job - I gave Grace some basic ideas of what I wanted and they made it beautiful. I can't say enough about HRE - just book now! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Amanda P

Nothing but positive feedback for Jeanne, Grace, and team at Hidden River Events. We had a long engagement & Grace was a GEM throughout the entire planning process. You are able to make the wedding ceremony & reception as detailed, extravagant, or laid back as you wish! We have... Read More received so many compliments on the ceremony with Jeanne, the venue, and the reception! Our guests had a great night & it was definitely a weekend to remember. One of the main reasons we selected Hidden River was because of the on-site housing for our bridal party & family. Having our people with us from Thursday through Sunday extended the time that we were able to share catching up with family & friends who lived far away, as well as create new memories with our family and friends combined. Was an amazing wedding weekend & we are extremely pleased in selecting Hidden River as our ceremony/reception venue!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Christina M

I can't say enough great things about Hidden River Events. The in-house services provided are absolutely top notch, and you will not find a better value for the price. Our wedding guests were so impressed with everything -- the stunning beauty of the venue, the in-house... Read More officiant services, the food, the cake, the photos, the in-house florist services, just everything. Speaking as the bride, I can't tell you how much I appreciated the attentiveness of the entire Hidden River staff, from the in-house Event Planner responding to my e-mails promptly for the 18 months leading up to the wedding, to the in-house Day Of Coordinator putting my needs and wants first, to even the in-house Bartender just making sure I always had my favorite drink in hand on our wedding night. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. It was just perfect.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kara P

HRE was more than I could have ever imagined my wedding day would be... and I've imagined a lot over the course of my life! Jeanne is one of the kindest people you will ever meet and you can tell she cares about every one of her patrons. She really gets to know you and she put... Read More a perfect personal touch on our day, even after only talking to us in person a handful of times. She tempers the ceremony to your tastes, whether you're religious or not, choose to a do a unity ceremony or not, want to include a prayer, etc. She gave us a perfect ceremony. Grace is absolutely wonderful as well! She kept in touch with us over the year that we planned our wedding and kept us up to date with everything, along with giving helpful advice. She coordinated our vendors perfectly the day of the event. Paige was great as a day-of coordinator. I didn't feel stressed even once on our wedding day and I'm a generally high strung person. She got us from A to B and kept it all super chill, but professional. They were all SO friendly too! They felt like family after the day we got married. The food is FANTASTIC! And, they actually make sure you get to eat some! We loved the bbq chicken and pork and so did our guests! The cake and cupcakes we chose were HUGE hit and everyone loved the variety of flavors we chose. If you love food, you'll love Anne's Custom Catering. We got alcohol through Weinhaus (their recommended vendor) and it was there on time and delicious! The flowers were absolutely beautiful, fresh and colorful! We did not pay for a color emphasis, but the bouquets were perfect anyways. I'm glad we did a full top on the arbor, just to give it a little pop and we did two small arrangements at the start of the aisle for a pretty touch. The flowers blew my expectations out of the water. The photography. I'm a photographer. I know photography and Jesse Kitt is amazing. Our photos are see-it-to-believe-it quality and I'm so glad we paid for an additional three hours to get even more shots in. We will treasure these forever. Jesse knows exactly what she's doing and we could tell it wasn't her first rodeo. She helped us move flawlessly through all the photos and never once got impatient with anyone. She was WONDERFUL! Dr. Love was pretty much the sweetest carriage horse ever. I've dreamed of a horse and carriage since I was six, so that was the cherry on top of the big day. The staff that cleaned off the tables was fantastic as well. They were all courteous and always smiling, feeling like part of our family. The bartender was so kind, bringing my husband and I our own big bottle of water to keep at our table. The DJ was great even with one snafu, which didn't bother us in the slightest; he kept the party going and had us all dancing until the moment we had to shut things down. HRE will take care of you. They will help you every step of the way and go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect for you. They took so much of the stress out of planning and I'm so glad we chose them. The farm is picturesque, the houses are cute (and great to keep some family at the venue), the bridal suite is nice, the property is well-kept. I could go on and on about HRE. I don't have a single complaint. You will NOT regret choosing HRE for your day. They blew all expectations out of the water and really, really delivered in a way that will forever make them part of my family. Take a tour and let the mountains of NC help you make up your mind. Worth. Every. Penny.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Kay K

We found the staff to be courteous, responsive and readily available. Our party had anothet photographer so we can't speak of that. The other tecommended Hidden River vendors were exceptional. The wedding party kept their vision of an outdoor wedding in spite of some rain.... Read More Paige and her crew did everything they could to make that work. It was beautiful and memorable.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Kim M

Getting married at this venue was the best decision I made in planning my wedding. Jeanne, Grace and Paige made everything so personal and so easy. My planning process was super low key and all of the vendors that work with hidden river are top notch. By the end of planning... Read More the staff here felt like friends and that made our day so much more special because they really took the time to get to know us. Paige was our day of person and she made the day run like clockwork. I kept wanting for something to go wrong but nothing did it all went off without a hitch. Jeanne actually officiated our wedding and it was just perfect. She gave us such a personalized ceremony that was exactly what we wanted and that our guests are still talking about. She consistently went above and beyond for us, I can not say enough good. Grace was so responsive both with email and in person meetings. We met for one afternoon and my wedding was planned and it turned out gorgeous! Overall, my day was perfect and I would recommend this venue to anyone who asked.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Lauren H

We were married here in October 2016!!! Everything about our day was amazing!!! Jeanne officiated our wedding perfectly!!! She sat down and got to know us as a couple and made our a perfect balance of traditional and nontraditional elements!! Grace was an amazing help planning... Read More every detail of our wedding! Any time I felt like I was going to freak out she immediately was there to calm me down! Paige was the perfect wedding day coordinator! She kept everything organized and stress free for me on wedding day! If I had an issue, she was on top of it offering ideas and solutions to make the vision in my head come true!!! We did not substitute any vendors, and we could not have been happier with how absolutely perfect our planning process or our wedding day was!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Valerie B

We loved having our wedding at Hidden River! The staff is friendly and helpful and the venue is beautiful. We had our ceremony at the Swannanoa River site and it was perfect. We were told by several people that it was the best wedding venue that they had been to. It was... Read More nice to have an all inclusive package also. It made everything stress free!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kelly D

Amazing experience! We could not have been more pleased. All of Hidden Rivers recommended vendors were spot on, from the food to the flower to the DJ and wedding coordinator. Jeanne acted as our officiant and she did such a wonderful job personalizing the ceremony to reflect us... Read More and our relationship. Just so thrilled with the whole weekend long event. Hidden River makes wedding magic. :)

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Amy R

First off, the setting is absolutely STUNNING! Jeanne and Grace are the easiest people to work with; they are so patient and helpful through the entire process. At Hidden River, they can make whatever you want happen. Their house caterer, makes the most incredible food. The... Read More florist is a gem. The photographer's pictures turned out better than I could've asked for. Everybody involved is just amazing which makes the big day even more special!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Leigh E

Our wedding was described by our guests as "So you." I loved it. The staff makes planning a breeze and stress free. Even better - the actual day of stayed stress free. We rented the whole property for 2 days and it was still completely affordable. I could not have asked for a... Read More better venue for all the out of town guests we had.

Reviewed on 5/29/2016 Katie A

whole staff is amazing! I highly recommend the mountain elegance package! This included the houses for the weekend which slept up to 50 people as well as food, decor, flowers etc! Grace, and Jeanne made the whole wedding planning process a BREEZE!! No stress! They were very... Read More helpful and you can tell they truly care about their guest!! The rest if the HRE squad (Nigel the DJ, Neil the bartender and Paige event day hostess) WERE AWESOME! Their onsite florist does BEAUTIFUL work, my flowers were perfect! I also recommend their caterer Ann she makes the best food! We did a cupcake bar and the cupcakes were so delicious as well as the cake!! Their fajita bar is to die for as well as there Tuscan chicken paired with green beans and potatoes! My guests even after a week are calling, texting telling us how wonderful the food was and venue in general, and that that was the best wedding they have ever attended! If you want a mountain venue that has a rustic eclectic feel this is the place to go!!! We love Hidden River!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Robin B

Our goal in picking a wedding venue was to find a place to relax and enjoy the celebration with our family & friends. If it wasn't fun we took it off our to-do list. We were married here last May. Everything was absolutely perfect! Grace ( the wedding planner/event coordinator)... Read More is amazing, she handled my nerves-- it was raining earlier in the day and stopped just in time for the ceremony. She handled all the details so we didn't have to worry about a single thing. We had a small wedding (35-40) so everyone was able to stay on site for the weekend with us. Grace managed the staff, caterers, florist, musicians, DJ, etc and didn't need any additional information from us which I really appreciated. Wedding planning came down to checking boxes and asking Grace to coordinate the vendors, as Asheville is a small area she was familiar with the appropriate folks and able to make what we envisioned happen. Initially, I was reticent to use the florist they recommended, but had a long conversation with Grace & Cynthia (the florist) and all the flowers from my bouquet, to ceremony site, to reception were perfect. Jeanne officiated our ceremony, she took time to understand what we wanted and our faith tradition and is an all around awesome individual. Can not recommend this place enough if you're looking for a no-fuss wedding where someone else handles all the worries and details and you get to show up and enjoy! My caveat would be, if you're super detail-oriented and into being 'in-control' this may not be the place for you. Can't recommend this venue (or Grace) enough!

Breathtaking venue with exceptional staff

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Logan S

WOW. I don't know if I can adequately express the level of happiness and appreciation I have towards Hidden River Events. I had my wedding at this venue on 6/28/15 and every thing was absolutely perfect. This venue offers a wedding package that you can customize to your liking.... Read More If you go with the full package, they literally take care of everything (with your input on personalizing the event, of course). I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding. We didn't have to worry about setting up anything or taking anything down. When the reception was over, the staff brought our left over alcohol and food up to the cabin we were staying in (on site). Every single person that was working our wedding was extremely professional and caring and made me and my family feel like we were appreciated and that we were special. Jeanne, the owner, is one of the sweetest and loving people I have ever met. Jeanne officiated our wedding (included in the package) and did an outstanding job. I honestly wish I could relive the day over and over again; it was that perfect.

Beyond Thrilled

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Stephanie G

Words can't express what Hidden River has done for my husband, Mike & I. From the first email I sent inquiring about the venue & services until the end of our reception, the staff took care of us and made us feel like we were apart of their family. "Staff" doesn't even seem an... Read More appropriate word for the people we worked with over the months leading up to our wedding. Everyone-- Jeanne(#1 & #2!), Grace, Cynthia, Jesse, Valentine, Anne....I mean EVERYONE that was involved in our wedding was so kind, warm, approachable, flexible, and professional. They took care of everything that needed to be done and were on top of their game....they did their jobs so well, but even more than that, they felt like family while they did it. We went with their Mountain Elegance Package which utilized all of their preferred vendors (flowers, photography, DJ, dinner, cake, etc) and were thrilled with the results. The food for the rehearsal and reception as well as out cakes (all prepared by Anne, their preferred caterer) are still being talked about (a month after our wedding)! We took advantage of the engagement photo session with Jesse Kitt, included in our package, and we instantly fell in love with Jesse. Her work is amazing and we felt so comfortable the whole time we worked with her. My husband and I live in Cleveland, OH & Jeanne, the owner & our Officiant was kind enough to let us stay on the property in one of the on-site houses over Thanksgiving several months before our wedding so that we could do the engagement session with Jesse-- things like this set HR apart from other Wedding Venues-- it's not all about the money and business for them (though they do run an excellent business!).... it's truly about the people they work with and their love for what they do. Jeanne's officiant services were exactly what we wanted-- she provides you with so many options and ideas of things to include in your ceremony and truly listens to what you want & then delivers. All of our guests said that our ceremony was so true to us as a couple and many said it was the most authentic, beautiful ceremony they'd ever seen. Grace, the venue's wedding planner, is an incredibly sweet woman and so responsive to any questions or requests we had throughout planning. She always made me feel calm and honored. Cynthia, the florist was also incredibly responsive to our ideas and created stunning arrangements that were exactly what we wanted. There's also on-site housing for 3 nights for up to 50 guests, which was so great to have-- though not as luxurious as a nice hotel, the places were comfortable and so convenient-- our guests raved about how great it was to stay onsite. We were able to host a whole wedding weekend at a great price, having field games outside, our rehearsal dinner, and a bonfire during the days/nights leading up to our wedding. I could just write on and on about the incredible experience we had with HR, but I'll stop now. If you love the outdoors and have a rustic style, do yourself a favor and have your wedding here-- we couldn't have asked for a better place to start our married life together & we are already planning our next trip down to visit!

We love Hidden River Events!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Rebecca P

Our wedding at Hidden River Events was wonderful. The staff took care of every detail, and everyone really was free to enjoy themselves. It was so "easy" to plan my wedding from afar with the all-inclusive package, which still allowed us to make many choices and create exactly... Read More the event we wanted. They work with spectacular vendors (catering, photography), and I totally trusted that they would help make our day special. The on-site lodging was also a great option for our out-of-town guests - they loved staying in such a beautiful location! Jeanne is a kind and sincere person - we loved her instantly and she was the perfect person to officiate our very special ceremony. I am so thankful for Hidden River Events!!

Most amazing venue I've ever witnessed!

Reviewed on 3/04/2015

Hidden River is everything I would ever want from a wedding venue. There are so many wonderful settings to choose to have your ceremony in, including next to the Swannanoa River, under beautiful trees, in the wildflower garden, in the center of a pond, and that's just a few of... Read More the options. The difficult part is choosing. Despite the quaint location, the destination is a mere five minutes from Asheville, which is a wonderful city to explore with fabulous dining, drinking, music, and hiking in every direction. There's a large permanent tent installation equipped for the reception and dancing, and it doubles as a safety net in case of unfortunate weather. The bathrooms are much nicer than I would have ever expected from an outdoor venue. This location also offers several houses for guests to stay in, so family and friends don't have to go to a hotel! And in case you do need to use a hotel, Hidden River has a bus so your guests don't have to drive (which is great if you'll be serving alcohol!). The bridal house is huge and towers over the property, and the bridal suite within the house is magnificent. I have a thing for large bathrooms, and this house delivered. The balconies on the house (yes, there are more than one) look out over the entire venue. The staff legitimately cares about your wedding and work with you to customize your day to be perfect. The views are amazing, insuring all of your pictures will be flawless. It really takes the stress out of the big day so you can relax and enjoy it! I would highly recommend this location for anyone who wants a rustic feel to their wedding without sacrificing creature comforts. The sheer beauty is unlike any other place I've ever been. If you want a hassle-free outdoor wedding in Western North Carolina, Hidden River is the way to go.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Sheila S

HRE is amazing. I had Indian wedding. As some people may know, they can be complicated. We had events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Hidden River. Grace, Jeannie and the staff were amazing. We went through all their vendors and they handled just about everything. They are... Read More professional and responsive. The venue is truly beautiful. One of the reasons I chose HRE was because of how peaceful it made me feel. To be surrounded by nature and the mountains was wonderful and beautiful. You can't beat price for everything they offer. I was really sad to go since wedding planning took 7 months of my life. I can't wait to go back and visit.

In The Best Hands

Reviewed on 11/20/2014

From the moment the contract was signed, there was a sense of trust and relief that we were in the best hands for the most speical day of my daughters life. Not once did I ever question whether we made the right decision. Every step of the journey we were constantly confirmed... Read More by each and every person that we came into contact with at Hidden River that all details were going to be taken care of and followed through. Working with each person, i.e. photographer, flowers, cake, etc. everyone could not have been more enjoyable to work with and the end result was even more than we ever imagined. The best thing that happened was my daughter said the evening of the wedding, "this is exactly as I had pictured it!" You can't ask for anything more than that! Thank you Hidden River for the best experience ever on the most important day of my daughters life!

Amazing, wonderful place and people

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Our wedding at Hidden River was an amazing, wonderful experience. It really is a beautiful and uplifting venue. But more importantly, the Hidden River team is excellent at what they do... professional, capable, imaginative, friendly -- and best of all -- truly committed to... Read More helping you create and experience an enjoyable, meaningful, memorable wedding. I know I sound like a brochure at the moment, but our experience at Hidden River moved me from a "stereotypical guy" attitude of "eh, I'm going to have a wedding" to "wow, I just had a unique, personal, fantastic, life-memorable experience!" Jeanne and Grace were incredibly helpful and encouraging (and patient) during the planning phase. And they added "masterful" to that list in how they handled the event logistics. During and after the wedding we kept hearing our guests gushing, unprompted, about how much they enjoyed the place and the event. And that speaks volumes about the magic that is Hidden River... because ours was an Indian wedding with events over the course of 3 days and many complicated logistics. They're good a what they do. They care. And their venue is beautiful. They have my thanks and my highest recommendation.

Surrounded by Mountains

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Allie E

Our wedding was attended by mostly out of state guests and they were just Blown away with this venue. Ceremony next to a small river, on a farm looking grounds, surrounded by mountains that were in full autumn color. Its what wedding dreams are made of. The staff was very... Read More organized, and they day flowed very well. The reception was smooth, and the dance floor was packed! What a party! We both could have asked for anything more. Thank you!

Jeanne Matthews Sommer

Hidden River Events grows out of thirty years of experience with weddings. I started Hidden River because I had seen couples come to their wedding day exhausted and just ready to "get this over with." That seemed so sad to me. I worked with these couples as their officiant/minister, having taught Religious Studies at the college level for 20 years. I would be asked to officiate weddings by my former students who had reasonable values, only to see them overwhelmed. I designed Hidden River to address these concerns so couples can feel as if they never want their day to end.