Highlands Country Club

GARRISON, NY

Book Your Wedding with Highlands Country Club

A BALLROOM IN GARRISON, NY

Located an hour north of New York City, Highlands Country Club gives people a chance to escape the city and have a country wedding. The country club was established in 1898 and provides a combination of rustic charm and elegance, both indoors and outdoors.

Outdoor ceremonies are available in the gardens, on the lawn or throughout the golf course. If you prefer to have an indoor ceremony or reception, combine the four indoor spaces to host up to 150 people.

The Grand Ballroom. The Grand Ballroom is the country club’s showpiece. It has a crystal chandelier, two walk-in fireplaces and 20-foot ceilings. It also has arched French doors that open out to the Veranda.

The Veranda. This covered space provides protection from the elements while exposing you to the open air. You’ll stand on a stone patio and walk among the curtained columns. The Veranda includes furniture and a fire pit, as well as views of the manicured grounds.

The Solarium. Enclosed with glass, the Solarium lets in natural light, making it a good choice for taking photographs. It also has terracotta tile floors, lantern sconces and ceiling fans.

The Tavern. If you want to have a rustic country wedding, the Tavern is the right space for you. The rustic space has a wood-burning fireplace, arched windows and wooden floors made of wide planks. This space’s charm is in full display in photographs.

Highland Country Club offers a package full of everything you need for the reception. The package includes an open bar for five hours, along with a cocktail hour complete with hors d'oeuvres. You’ll also receive a champagne toast, a meal with three or four courses and a wedding cake.

Chefs prepare the food with seasonal ingredients that come from the local area, including The Garrison. The Garrison is the venue’s sister property and it grows ingredients on-site.

The golf course at Highlands Country Club is open for public play, so you can add some golf to your wedding fun. It’s available during regular hours every day of the week before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Otherwise, it’s open all day Monday through Thursday and for limited hours on the weekends.

In addition, the venue offers:

• Votive table candles
  • Lanterns
  • Direction cards
  • Linen choices
  • Menu cards
  • Chalkboard welcome sign

Use the extras to add a personal touch to your wedding and reception. From the welcome sign to the linens, everyone should know that it’s your day.

Unique and Romantic Elegance in a Country Setting

The Highlands Country Club offers a spectacular Hudson Highlands setting, one hour north of NYC. Weddings are held in our intimate garden, glass solarium, or on our picturesque golf course, providing breathtaking backdrops. Ballroom hosts chandelier, walk-in fireplaces, and a curtained verandah.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

955 Route 9D, GARRISON, NY (845) 424-3254
PINTEREST

Simply AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 andrea w

Highlands Country Club was perfect for our small, intimate, winter wedding. My fiancée and I live and work in NYC so naturally we started our search there but could never find anywhere that was really "us" and what we were looking for. When we stepped inside the ballroom of the... Read More Highlands Country Club, my mouth dropped and I just knew this was the place for us. From the fireplaces, solarium, chandeliers and beautiful bridal suite, this place is so gorgeous and truly special. Bridget walked us though every step and was nothing short of amazing. She answered every email I had (there were lots!) with such kindness and patience and thoughtfulness. The days leading up to the wedding she made sure we had everything we needed, making sure nothing was overlooked. She is so organized, collected, professional, brilliant and awesome. She had such good ideas and never tried to push anything on us- making sure that we got everything we wanted. She was such a lifesaver, there's no way our day would have been perfect without her!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Courtney D

It was an absolute dream to host our wedding at the Highlands Country Club. Danielle and her team were absolutely fantastic with EVERYTHING! From the moment we signed our contract any little question or detail we needed help on Danielle was there to answer. Danielle was so easy... Read More and care-free to work with making sure all of our requests were taken care of with a smile on her face. The planning went so smoothly and the day of couldn't have been more perfect. They set up our decorations even better than we envisioned. The food was delicious and our guests still rave about it. The customer service was top notch. They made sure we were on schedule the entire day and they took care of our every need. The venue itself is so beautiful and rustic it was everything we could have hoped for. We had the entire grounds to take pictures before our ceremony which was fantastic and they even provided a golf cart to take us to all the different areas on the course. I wish i could re-live this day over & over. Thank you Highlands for making our dream wedding come true. You truly are the best!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Amelia P

I do not know where to begin... Danielle is exceptional - a true professional with an amazingly fun yet calming personality. Every staff member we worked with from start to finish made us feel SO incredibly special on our big day. Every single detail was executed with... Read More flawless attention and so many of our guests raved about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The room makes you feel as though you are celebrating in an intimate, home-like space, yet it was large enough to accommodate our 140-person guest list, plus 7 piece band! The food was some of the best we've ever had and the grounds are impeccable. The candle-light and fireplaces warmed the space effortlessly and the chandelier is a stunning and elegant centerpiece. We simply could not have been any more pleased with selecting the Highlands for our venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Victoria T

My husband and I are from NYC and knew we wanted to get married upstate in the Hudson Valley. When we walked into Highlands Country Club, it was love at first sight. This is not your standard stuffy country club. It's elegant with its huge crystal chandelier in the ballroom and... Read More white columns outside, but it has this rustic chic feel to it that was right up our alley with its farmhouse tables and barn outside. They also offered golfing on the morning of for the boys which sealed the deal for my husband. And if the venue didn't sell us immediately (which it did), the PEOPLE were what got us to sign on the dotted line. Danielle, who was our point of contact all year and our day-of coordinator made you feel like your wedding was the only one that mattered throughout our entire engagement period. I did not stress about a single thing once we got to the venue and were able to enjoy our entire reception knowing everything was taken care of. Choose this venue for your wedding. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Hantsa L

We had a fantastic wedding here this summer! We started looking at venues in the previous fall and upon meeting Danielle, the coordinator, we were impressed with her poise, warmth, genuine love of what she does, and ease to work with. This remained true throughout the... Read More preparations, whether meeting in person or by e-mail. The space itself is set in the idyllic hills of the Hudson Valley. The garden was beautiful for our ceremony, with white chairs, green grass, and plenty of sunshine. The ballroom is magnificent - classy enough to know that it's such a special day but also unique and warm; natural wood floors, fireplaces, and an epic chandelier. Plus the garden is open during reception and the tavern room provides the "bar feel." Our guests were served so well from the entrance to the garden, the cocktail hour with appetizers and drinks, and the seated dinner. We were able to integrate an outside vendor of Indian food during cocktail hr. to bring in a bit of my family's tastes seamlessly. Connie was the wonderful bridal assistant who helped my bridal party and I and eventually my husband and his groomsmen with getting it all together. And of course Danielle was splendid throughout picture taking, our entrance, and throughout. All wait staff were great. We rocked the night away to a terrific band. Oh and the food was really delicious - I was quite surprised at how delicious both our salmon and short ribs came out. The bakery they use, Pastry Garden, created a truly tasty cake with fresh ingredients. All in all, this is a gorgeous and warm place to have a wedding. We have nothing but positive comments for Danielle and the crew there. Even clean up was terrific. And the price was VERY reasonable too!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Ashley A

Could not be happier!! My husband and I got married at Highlands Country Club about a month ago, and we loved everything about our experience. Danielle and the entire staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. The day of the... Read More wedding went SO smoothly, and we and our guests were all treated like gold. There are so many beautiful details throughout the venue, and for us it was the perfect size for our 110 person wedding. ALSO, I can't fail to mention the food. We were nervous not to have a traditional "tasting" before we selected our menu, but we ate at their restaurant over at The Garrison to get a sense of the cuisine. Everything on our menu was delicious and we received lots of compliments from our guests. Our wedding day came together better than I ever could have imagined. I highly recommend Highlands!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Jovan T

Danielle and the HCC staff were all amazing. She made sure everything was perfect on our day and was extremely helpful through the whole planning process. Any questions or Concerns I had were quickly responded to. Good and service was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Maria Z

My daughter's wedding was there this past weekend on 9/9/17. I cannot say enough about this venue, Danielle, Stephanie and the entire Highlands CC team. First, the venue. It is so beautiful. It was exactly what my daughter & son-in-law wanted. The food was delicious. The staff... Read More so friendly and professional. Danielle was so accommodating, even when we had last minute changes. There just aren't enough words to explain how happy I am with HCC. I highly recommend this venue if you want something that is not cookie-cutter, more on the elegant, yet understated type venue. Thank you Danielle and HCC team for bringing Jovan & Justin's dream wedding to life.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Samantha K

My husband and I were married here in July - we visited the venue in December and booked that day! It didn't hurt that they were able to offer us a reduced rate because the date was within a short range. We booked with Bridget Bell, and mid-way through the process, Danielle... Read More West took over as Bridget was transferred to their sister property - both women were FABULOUS. Danielle was indispensable on the big day - made sure everything went smoothly. The venue is GORGEOUS, and even my picky guests were raving about the food. This whole process could not have gone better, I highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Rebecca L

My wife and I were married at Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY in June 2017 and we had an outstanding experience! We worked with Bridget and Danielle in planning our event and both made the experience very easy and stress-free for us. When it came to the day of, the... Read More preparations were all spot on and everything went off without a hitch. The ballroom and outdoor spaces were the perfect size for our guests (about 80), and everyone had a great time. The food, wine, and cocktails were all excellent. Connie, our assistant for the day, really did a great job taking care of us, making sure we had everything we needed and always keeping a fresh drink in our hands! We would highly recommend Highlands Country Club for a NYC area wedding when you are looking for a good mix of modern and rustic touches, and are expecting ~80-100 guests.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Kristen m

I cannot begin to describe how wonderful the Highlands Country Club is. I got married here on June 30th, 2017 and am still receiving compliments from guests. Danielle West is an absolute pleasure to work with! She helped to make our day something that I will never forget.... Read More Everything that day went so smoothly, even when I was feeling overwhelmed. It was like Danielle knew what to do before I could even begin to think. She was able to solve situations before I even had a moment to think about them. I cannot thank her, or the rest of the Highlands Country Club team enough for making my day one I will never forget.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Lauren L

The reception was perfect. The food was amazing. The appetizers and Italian station at cocktail hour were delicious! The food at the reception was delicious! The service was excellent. My husband and I got VIP treatment! The space was a perfect canvas to make our own.... Read More Danielle and her staff are amazing and my wedding was absolutely perfect. The party was epic. The day was a dream and I have my vendors to thank for that! Highlands Country Club was the best venue I ever could have picked or asked for, the surpassed our wildest expectations!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lori S

Cannot say enough good things about Danielle West and the staff at the Highlands. Our day was perfect - they got every detail perfect and the wait staff and everyone else was professional, helpful and kind. If I had to plan my wedding all over again, it would be at Highlands... Read More again without a doubt.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Saasha C

I knew as soon as soon as I saw this venue this would be the one! Highlands Country Club is an absolutely stunning place to get married. We worked with Bridget and she went above and beyond to make our day so special. She is extremely knowledgable of the whole wedding planning... Read More process and all the little "day of" things that need to get done. Bridget and the rest of the staff at HCC really made our wedding planning process with them seamless. We had nothing to worry about the day of! They don't allow food tastings since everything is farm to table, so we judged other reviews. The food was fantastic! Best wedding food we've ever had. We also received a lot of comments about how great the food was. Overall an amazing place to get married and was a huge contributor in making us have the best day of our life! Thank you Highlands Country Club!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Enjoli D

Five stars isn’t enough to describe Highlands Country Club! From the moment my husband and I walked into the venue and met with Bridget Bell, we knew that was the place where we would get married. Working with Bridget and her team was a dream- they completely understood our... Read More vision and my insane attention to detail. Communication from the moment we met was streamlined and made us feel like we were the only wedding they were working on. We rarely heard no and if we did it came with options that were just as great. Our theme was Classic Romance and we got it with Highlands Country Club. Its been over a month and we are still hearing from guests about the venue, food (everyone loved!), service, overall décor, atmosphere and flow. It wasn’t just a memorable wedding but a magical day!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Erica T

Our wedding on 2/25/17 was truly the best night of our lives, all thanks to Danielle, Connie, and the staff at Highlands Country Club!! Every aspect had such precision to detail that left our guests impressed throughout the night and us in awe at how perfect the day was. We held... Read More our ceremony and reception at the venue. Our event coordinator, Danielle's calm demeanor and meticulous attention made the entire process leading up to our wedding genuinely easy, and made the day absolutely wonderful and enjoyable! The bridesmaids, my mom, and I had the the bridal suite all day to get ready - we were catered to throughout the day by our bridal assistant, Connie, who truly left no detail unattended. Throughout the night, our parents tables and head table had specialized attention. We received many compliments from guests, not only on the beauty of the space, but the exceptional service of the entire staff.

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Lauren Z

My husband and I were married December 30, 2016, and I could not be happier with the service, food, and entire package that Highlands Country Club had to offer. It was the perfect, elegant yet rustic venue for a winter wedding. Bridget Bell and her awesome team made our day... Read More spectacular, and for a super reasonable cost. They worked with me every step of the way, and really took the stress of the "little things" off of my plate. And the guests raved about the food. Overall, I cannot recommend Highlands Country Club more. Truly classy.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Saba R

Highlands Country Club was a beautiful venue for our September wedding. One thing that sealed the deal for this venue is a really great indoor option in addition to the outside lawn. Our wedding day was rainy, but we had a beautiful ceremony indoors and an amazing,... Read More intimate-feeling reception with the wood fireplaces burning! It’s a great blend of elegant & rustic—and isn’t your typical hotel-type venue. Our wedding coordinator, Bridget, was very responsive, professional, and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day. The bride and groom get their own personal waiter & assistant and they really take care of you. The food was great and they were really accommodating to all the specialized food we wanted (halal chicken, indian flavors). Two downsides are no food tastings and somewhat of a wedding-factory feel at the end of the night—as they started breaking down the ballroom the second our 6 hours was up. It was a beautiful venue for our wedding night and I would highly recommend it for a smallish (130 guests or less) wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kristi R

This was the first venue my husband and I visited and we fell in love immediately. HCC fit our vision for the wedding perfectly: intimate, charming, elegant and rustic. We worked with Bridget who was responsive to all of our e-mails and was extremely helpful the day of the... Read More wedding. Everything ran smoothly the day of and the space and decor looked beautiful. Our guests were raving about the food and loved having the option to dance inside or relax outside by the fire pits. We had 150 guests (the max) and we felt there was enough space for everyone to be comfortable and enjoy themselves. Over all my husband and I highly recommend the Highlands Country Club, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jae C

Wedding: Friday, 9/23/2016 Event Manager: Danielle West We visited the Highlands Country Club in July 2015. We saw several venues before visiting HCC and immediately fell in love with the space, the look, location, tables, etc. Danielle was genuine, fun, understood what we were... Read More looking for and envisioned for our wedding. She was patient with the million questions I had while wedding planning. However, a few things fell short for us. HCC holds “tastings” on Thursday's at the Valley restaurant located at their sister property, The Garrison. You choose off their restaurant menu and pay for it, to get a general idea of their food. This is not an actual tasting of your wedding day menu selections. We found this odd and opted not to do it because it seemed pointless to pay to try dishes that weren't even on our wedding menu. We wish that they did offer proper tastings because we definitely had some downs. We chose the arugula salad to start, which was drenched in the lemon vinaigrette. They also didn't serve salads to a few of our guests that were taking photobooth pictures. When they returned to their seats, they asked the server for the salads, but they never brought it out. Instead, the soup course was served. This was very disappointing to hear, considering that we expected nothing less but perfection from the servers. Our soup course, the lobster bisque, was practically inedible. Almost all of our guests told us that it was beyond salty -- practically salt water soup. Very unfortunate, considering we paid additional for this course. We had our ceremony in the garden. I made it very clear that both parents will be walking us down the aisle and worried that the aisle will be tight for 3 adults, plus myself in the wedding dress. I was reassured that they will have enough space, which wasn't the case on our wedding day. The chairs were set up too close and the aisle was very tight. We felt like everyone was on top of us during the walk down the aisle. The biggest disappointment of the day was my ripped veil. I dropped off my wedding dress with Danielle on Thursday and when I got to the venue on Friday, my photographer found my ripped veil in the bridal suite right before we were about to take bridal party photos. When I spoke to Danielle about this the day after our wedding, I was told that the veil was already ripped when they took my dress out of the garment bag. Whether this was true or if a staff member accidentally ripped my veil (it happens!) I was BEYOND upset and angered that Danielle and/or my bridal assistant did not immediately pull me to the side when I got to the venue to tell me about this. The fact that my photographer found it tossed to the side, like it was garbage, truly put a huge damper on my wedding day. They truly dropped the ball on this. We were also missing some items the next day, like our wedding signs/frames, and one of our laser cut wooden table numbers were broken in half. VERY disappointing since we had these made and ordered for the wedding. At the end of the day, we're happily married and danced the night away. It wouldn’t be a wedding without some wedding day disaster happening! However, looking back on it almost five weeks later... we wish that certain things were handled a little differently.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kate W

My Husband and I got married at the Highlands Country Club on August 19th, 2016. We could have not asked for a more perfect day! Everything and everyone went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable. My bridesmaids kept telling me while we were getting ready that I was so... Read More calm for a bride. This was because of Bridget and her staff at Highlands Country Club. They made me feel so comfortable and made sure everything went smoothly. I just felt like there was nothing for me to worry about and just enjoyed my day. During the planning process Bridget was very prompt with any questions I had and she and the chef were very accommodating to the requests we had. My husband is Serbian and we really wanted to incorporate some food from Serbia into the wedding. We were able to bring in some cheese and spreads from the region and Bridget and staff did such a great job presenting these items during cocktail hour. On the wedding day we started in bridal suite which was just great. My bridal party and I were served a nice spa lunch and champagne and it just allowed us to really enjoy the getting ready part and feel relaxed. The wedding and reception was just perfect! Our guests had nothing, but great things to say about the evening. They raved about the venue, the staff and the food. Everything was just perfect, I go on forever. I highly recommend the Highlands Country Club and wish I could relive our wedding again!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Aaron H

My wife and I got married at the highlands this September. Everything about our big day was perfect! We had booked the venue a year and a couple months out since we were moving across the country and would be planning everything from Seattle. Despite being far away from the... Read More venue, we never stressed since we knew we were in good hands. We worked with Danielle West through the entire planning process. She was always super responsive to our endless list of one off questions. She also provided great recommendations for our rehearsal dinner (Aroma Osteria) and a make up artist (Marisa Verdi). She was super flexible and helped us find a time for us to coordinate a visit to the venue for both families when we were back on the east coast, despite being right around the Christmas holidays. My wife also suprised me with a photobooth for our wedding and Danielle helped her keep the surprise a secret, never letting it slip in our group planning conversations :) The day before the wedding we dropped off a box of knick knacks/decor for the wedding the next day. When I arrived at the wedding venue the next day everything was set up perfectly! Danielle and our day of attendant Connie were fabulous and kept everyone at ease throughout the day. We didn't have to stress about a thing! All of our guests raved about the venue and loved taking advantage of all the side party areas that the venue provides like the outdoor fire pits. We couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out and would recommend the Highlands and Danielle's services to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kelly P

This venue is beautiful and unique. The food was delicious and Danielle was very responsive to all of my emails through the entire process. A few considerations to make while choosing the venue or time of year, we got married in July and it was very very hot. The venue's AC... Read More couldn't really keep up and it was a bit uncomfortable. Also, they charge you for a lot of the little details other venues include. The cocktail hour only had 1 station and any additional stations were a bit pricey. We also had to pay for a 3rd entrée option. Having said that the food was delicious, I highly recommend the pork chop with fig chutney. Also, since this is an active golf course we were limited to where we could take pictures and my photographer was getting a little frustrated with the rules. The venue is a bit far from any hotel and we had to have a bus chartered to have everyone transferred to and from fishkill ( roughly 25-30 minutes away). At the end of the day our guests had a great time and I heard never ending compliments about how unique our venue was and the professionalism of the wait staff. The venue has recommened vendor list, I highly highly highly suggest using designs by wildthings for your flowers. She was the best.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Although this review comes almost 6 months after our wedding (3/19/16), I cannot say enough good things about the Highlands Country Club. Bridget Bell and the staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect and we are so thankful for all that they did. The level of organization,... Read More detail, professionalism, and responsiveness from Bridget simplified all the planning leading up to the event. On the day of our wedding, all we had to do was show up and enjoy our special day. My husband and I were looking for a venue that was unique and not a run of the mill wedding site. After considering many locations in NY, CT, and Long Island, we discovered the Highlands. The venue and grounds provide for a rustic, elegant and sophisticated atmosphere and the food and service were excellent. Our family and friends have repeatedly told us it was the best wedding they have been to and could not stop raving about all the little details including the fire pits, s’mores, and the tavern. If you are looking for a venue that truly provides for an intimate, unique, and memorable experience, this is the place!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Fredda C

My daughter's wedding was at the Highlands Country Club last weekend. We worked with Bridget Bell who was amazing and made planning the wedding so much less stressful than I heard it could be. The wedding exceeded my expectations in every aspect. The property and ballroom were... Read More gorgeous, the service fabulous and the food was great. Several guests told us it was the best wedding they ever went to. My daughter , her now husband and I feel like we found a jewel in this place. A beautiful most memorable day/night.