Highlands Country Club

GARRISON, NY

Book Your Wedding with Highlands Country Club

A BALLROOM IN GARRISON, NY

Located an hour north of New York City, Highlands Country Club gives people a chance to escape the city and have a country wedding. The country club was established in 1898 and provides a combination of rustic charm and elegance, both indoors and outdoors.

Outdoor ceremonies are available in the gardens, on the lawn or throughout the golf course. If you prefer to have an indoor ceremony or reception, combine the four indoor spaces to host up to 150 people.

The Grand Ballroom. The Grand Ballroom is the country club’s showpiece. It has a crystal chandelier, two walk-in fireplaces and 20-foot ceilings. It also has arched French doors that open out to the Veranda.

The Veranda. This covered space provides protection from the elements while exposing you to the open air. You’ll stand on a stone patio and walk among the curtained columns. The Veranda includes furniture and a fire pit, as well as views of the manicured grounds.

The Solarium. Enclosed with glass, the Solarium lets in natural light, making it a good choice for taking photographs. It also has terracotta tile floors, lantern sconces and ceiling fans.

The Tavern. If you want to have a rustic country wedding, the Tavern is the right space for you. The rustic space has a wood-burning fireplace, arched windows and wooden floors made of wide planks. This space’s charm is in full display in photographs.

Highland Country Club offers a package full of everything you need for the reception. The package includes an open bar for five hours, along with a cocktail hour complete with hors d'oeuvres. You’ll also receive a champagne toast, a meal with three or four courses and a wedding cake.

Chefs prepare the food with seasonal ingredients that come from the local area, including The Garrison. The Garrison is the venue’s sister property and it grows ingredients on-site.

The golf course at Highlands Country Club is open for public play, so you can add some golf to your wedding fun. It’s available during regular hours every day of the week before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Otherwise, it’s open all day Monday through Thursday and for limited hours on the weekends.

In addition, the venue offers:

• Votive table candles
  • Lanterns
  • Direction cards
  • Linen choices
  • Menu cards
  • Chalkboard welcome sign

Use the extras to add a personal touch to your wedding and reception. From the welcome sign to the linens, everyone should know that it’s your day.

Unique and Romantic Elegance in a Country Setting

The Highlands Country Club offers a spectacular Hudson Highlands setting, one hour north of NYC. Weddings are held in our intimate garden, glass solarium, or on our picturesque golf course, providing breathtaking backdrops. Ballroom hosts chandelier, walk-in fireplaces, and a curtained verandah.

Ballroom, Country Club, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

955 Route 9D, GARRISON, NY (845) 424-3254
PINTEREST

Simply AMAZING!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 andrea w

Highlands Country Club was perfect for our small, intimate, winter wedding. My fiancée and I live and work in NYC so naturally we started our search there but could never find anywhere that was really "us" and what we were looking for. When we stepped inside the ballroom of the... Read More Highlands Country Club, my mouth dropped and I just knew this was the place for us. From the fireplaces, solarium, chandeliers and beautiful bridal suite, this place is so gorgeous and truly special. Bridget walked us though every step and was nothing short of amazing. She answered every email I had (there were lots!) with such kindness and patience and thoughtfulness. The days leading up to the wedding she made sure we had everything we needed, making sure nothing was overlooked. She is so organized, collected, professional, brilliant and awesome. She had such good ideas and never tried to push anything on us- making sure that we got everything we wanted. She was such a lifesaver, there's no way our day would have been perfect without her!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Lauren L

The reception was perfect. The food was amazing. The appetizers and Italian station at cocktail hour were delicious! The food at the reception was delicious! The service was excellent. My husband and I got VIP treatment! The space was a perfect canvas to make our own.... Read More Danielle and her staff are amazing and my wedding was absolutely perfect. The party was epic. The day was a dream and I have my vendors to thank for that! Highlands Country Club was the best venue I ever could have picked or asked for, the surpassed our wildest expectations!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lori S

Cannot say enough good things about Danielle West and the staff at the Highlands. Our day was perfect - they got every detail perfect and the wait staff and everyone else was professional, helpful and kind. If I had to plan my wedding all over again, it would be at Highlands... Read More again without a doubt.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Saasha C

I knew as soon as soon as I saw this venue this would be the one! Highlands Country Club is an absolutely stunning place to get married. We worked with Bridget and she went above and beyond to make our day so special. She is extremely knowledgable of the whole wedding planning... Read More process and all the little "day of" things that need to get done. Bridget and the rest of the staff at HCC really made our wedding planning process with them seamless. We had nothing to worry about the day of! They don't allow food tastings since everything is farm to table, so we judged other reviews. The food was fantastic! Best wedding food we've ever had. We also received a lot of comments about how great the food was. Overall an amazing place to get married and was a huge contributor in making us have the best day of our life! Thank you Highlands Country Club!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Enjoli D

Five stars isn’t enough to describe Highlands Country Club! From the moment my husband and I walked into the venue and met with Bridget Bell, we knew that was the place where we would get married. Working with Bridget and her team was a dream- they completely understood our... Read More vision and my insane attention to detail. Communication from the moment we met was streamlined and made us feel like we were the only wedding they were working on. We rarely heard no and if we did it came with options that were just as great. Our theme was Classic Romance and we got it with Highlands Country Club. Its been over a month and we are still hearing from guests about the venue, food (everyone loved!), service, overall décor, atmosphere and flow. It wasn’t just a memorable wedding but a magical day!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Erica T

Our wedding on 2/25/17 was truly the best night of our lives, all thanks to Danielle, Connie, and the staff at Highlands Country Club!! Every aspect had such precision to detail that left our guests impressed throughout the night and us in awe at how perfect the day was. We held... Read More our ceremony and reception at the venue. Our event coordinator, Danielle's calm demeanor and meticulous attention made the entire process leading up to our wedding genuinely easy, and made the day absolutely wonderful and enjoyable! The bridesmaids, my mom, and I had the the bridal suite all day to get ready - we were catered to throughout the day by our bridal assistant, Connie, who truly left no detail unattended. Throughout the night, our parents tables and head table had specialized attention. We received many compliments from guests, not only on the beauty of the space, but the exceptional service of the entire staff.

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Lauren Z

My husband and I were married December 30, 2016, and I could not be happier with the service, food, and entire package that Highlands Country Club had to offer. It was the perfect, elegant yet rustic venue for a winter wedding. Bridget Bell and her awesome team made our day... Read More spectacular, and for a super reasonable cost. They worked with me every step of the way, and really took the stress of the "little things" off of my plate. And the guests raved about the food. Overall, I cannot recommend Highlands Country Club more. Truly classy.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Saba R

Highlands Country Club was a beautiful venue for our September wedding. One thing that sealed the deal for this venue is a really great indoor option in addition to the outside lawn. Our wedding day was rainy, but we had a beautiful ceremony indoors and an amazing,... Read More intimate-feeling reception with the wood fireplaces burning! It’s a great blend of elegant & rustic—and isn’t your typical hotel-type venue. Our wedding coordinator, Bridget, was very responsive, professional, and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day. The bride and groom get their own personal waiter & assistant and they really take care of you. The food was great and they were really accommodating to all the specialized food we wanted (halal chicken, indian flavors). Two downsides are no food tastings and somewhat of a wedding-factory feel at the end of the night—as they started breaking down the ballroom the second our 6 hours was up. It was a beautiful venue for our wedding night and I would highly recommend it for a smallish (130 guests or less) wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kristi R

This was the first venue my husband and I visited and we fell in love immediately. HCC fit our vision for the wedding perfectly: intimate, charming, elegant and rustic. We worked with Bridget who was responsive to all of our e-mails and was extremely helpful the day of the... Read More wedding. Everything ran smoothly the day of and the space and decor looked beautiful. Our guests were raving about the food and loved having the option to dance inside or relax outside by the fire pits. We had 150 guests (the max) and we felt there was enough space for everyone to be comfortable and enjoy themselves. Over all my husband and I highly recommend the Highlands Country Club, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jae C

Wedding: Friday, 9/23/2016 Event Manager: Danielle West We visited the Highlands Country Club in July 2015. We saw several venues before visiting HCC and immediately fell in love with the space, the look, location, tables, etc. Danielle was genuine, fun, understood what we were... Read More looking for and envisioned for our wedding. She was patient with the million questions I had while wedding planning. However, a few things fell short for us. HCC holds “tastings” on Thursday's at the Valley restaurant located at their sister property, The Garrison. You choose off their restaurant menu and pay for it, to get a general idea of their food. This is not an actual tasting of your wedding day menu selections. We found this odd and opted not to do it because it seemed pointless to pay to try dishes that weren't even on our wedding menu. We wish that they did offer proper tastings because we definitely had some downs. We chose the arugula salad to start, which was drenched in the lemon vinaigrette. They also didn't serve salads to a few of our guests that were taking photobooth pictures. When they returned to their seats, they asked the server for the salads, but they never brought it out. Instead, the soup course was served. This was very disappointing to hear, considering that we expected nothing less but perfection from the servers. Our soup course, the lobster bisque, was practically inedible. Almost all of our guests told us that it was beyond salty -- practically salt water soup. Very unfortunate, considering we paid additional for this course. We had our ceremony in the garden. I made it very clear that both parents will be walking us down the aisle and worried that the aisle will be tight for 3 adults, plus myself in the wedding dress. I was reassured that they will have enough space, which wasn't the case on our wedding day. The chairs were set up too close and the aisle was very tight. We felt like everyone was on top of us during the walk down the aisle. The biggest disappointment of the day was my ripped veil. I dropped off my wedding dress with Danielle on Thursday and when I got to the venue on Friday, my photographer found my ripped veil in the bridal suite right before we were about to take bridal party photos. When I spoke to Danielle about this the day after our wedding, I was told that the veil was already ripped when they took my dress out of the garment bag. Whether this was true or if a staff member accidentally ripped my veil (it happens!) I was BEYOND upset and angered that Danielle and/or my bridal assistant did not immediately pull me to the side when I got to the venue to tell me about this. The fact that my photographer found it tossed to the side, like it was garbage, truly put a huge damper on my wedding day. They truly dropped the ball on this. We were also missing some items the next day, like our wedding signs/frames, and one of our laser cut wooden table numbers were broken in half. VERY disappointing since we had these made and ordered for the wedding. At the end of the day, we're happily married and danced the night away. It wouldn’t be a wedding without some wedding day disaster happening! However, looking back on it almost five weeks later... we wish that certain things were handled a little differently.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kate W

My Husband and I got married at the Highlands Country Club on August 19th, 2016. We could have not asked for a more perfect day! Everything and everyone went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable. My bridesmaids kept telling me while we were getting ready that I was so... Read More calm for a bride. This was because of Bridget and her staff at Highlands Country Club. They made me feel so comfortable and made sure everything went smoothly. I just felt like there was nothing for me to worry about and just enjoyed my day. During the planning process Bridget was very prompt with any questions I had and she and the chef were very accommodating to the requests we had. My husband is Serbian and we really wanted to incorporate some food from Serbia into the wedding. We were able to bring in some cheese and spreads from the region and Bridget and staff did such a great job presenting these items during cocktail hour. On the wedding day we started in bridal suite which was just great. My bridal party and I were served a nice spa lunch and champagne and it just allowed us to really enjoy the getting ready part and feel relaxed. The wedding and reception was just perfect! Our guests had nothing, but great things to say about the evening. They raved about the venue, the staff and the food. Everything was just perfect, I go on forever. I highly recommend the Highlands Country Club and wish I could relive our wedding again!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Aaron H

My wife and I got married at the highlands this September. Everything about our big day was perfect! We had booked the venue a year and a couple months out since we were moving across the country and would be planning everything from Seattle. Despite being far away from the... Read More venue, we never stressed since we knew we were in good hands. We worked with Danielle West through the entire planning process. She was always super responsive to our endless list of one off questions. She also provided great recommendations for our rehearsal dinner (Aroma Osteria) and a make up artist (Marisa Verdi). She was super flexible and helped us find a time for us to coordinate a visit to the venue for both families when we were back on the east coast, despite being right around the Christmas holidays. My wife also suprised me with a photobooth for our wedding and Danielle helped her keep the surprise a secret, never letting it slip in our group planning conversations :) The day before the wedding we dropped off a box of knick knacks/decor for the wedding the next day. When I arrived at the wedding venue the next day everything was set up perfectly! Danielle and our day of attendant Connie were fabulous and kept everyone at ease throughout the day. We didn't have to stress about a thing! All of our guests raved about the venue and loved taking advantage of all the side party areas that the venue provides like the outdoor fire pits. We couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out and would recommend the Highlands and Danielle's services to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kelly P

This venue is beautiful and unique. The food was delicious and Danielle was very responsive to all of my emails through the entire process. A few considerations to make while choosing the venue or time of year, we got married in July and it was very very hot. The venue's AC... Read More couldn't really keep up and it was a bit uncomfortable. Also, they charge you for a lot of the little details other venues include. The cocktail hour only had 1 station and any additional stations were a bit pricey. We also had to pay for a 3rd entrée option. Having said that the food was delicious, I highly recommend the pork chop with fig chutney. Also, since this is an active golf course we were limited to where we could take pictures and my photographer was getting a little frustrated with the rules. The venue is a bit far from any hotel and we had to have a bus chartered to have everyone transferred to and from fishkill ( roughly 25-30 minutes away). At the end of the day our guests had a great time and I heard never ending compliments about how unique our venue was and the professionalism of the wait staff. The venue has recommened vendor list, I highly highly highly suggest using designs by wildthings for your flowers. She was the best.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Although this review comes almost 6 months after our wedding (3/19/16), I cannot say enough good things about the Highlands Country Club. Bridget Bell and the staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect and we are so thankful for all that they did. The level of organization,... Read More detail, professionalism, and responsiveness from Bridget simplified all the planning leading up to the event. On the day of our wedding, all we had to do was show up and enjoy our special day. My husband and I were looking for a venue that was unique and not a run of the mill wedding site. After considering many locations in NY, CT, and Long Island, we discovered the Highlands. The venue and grounds provide for a rustic, elegant and sophisticated atmosphere and the food and service were excellent. Our family and friends have repeatedly told us it was the best wedding they have been to and could not stop raving about all the little details including the fire pits, s’mores, and the tavern. If you are looking for a venue that truly provides for an intimate, unique, and memorable experience, this is the place!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Fredda C

My daughter's wedding was at the Highlands Country Club last weekend. We worked with Bridget Bell who was amazing and made planning the wedding so much less stressful than I heard it could be. The wedding exceeded my expectations in every aspect. The property and ballroom were... Read More gorgeous, the service fabulous and the food was great. Several guests told us it was the best wedding they ever went to. My daughter , her now husband and I feel like we found a jewel in this place. A beautiful most memorable day/night.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Sara S

Highly recommend!!! We had a wonderful experience working with Bridget Bell and truly had a unforgettable wedding! The venue was beautiful, elegant and timeless. We received a lot of positive compliments on the service and the quality of food! Many guests said it was the best... Read More food they had at a wedding! One guest said it was the best steak he has ever had! Bridget helped make our day perfect and appear to make everything run smoothly! She made sure everything was as we envisioned it! Very detail ordinated and really listened on how it we wanted everything to look! It was truly perfect!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

My daughter just had her wonderful wedding this past weekend at Highlands Country Club and it was simply amazing! Bridget the wedding coordinator was outstanding. My daughter and I are perfectionists. We pay attention to every detail and she was a perfect match for us. Not only... Read More did we have picture perfect July 4th weather for this venue, but the service, food and atmosphere was casual yet elegant. Our guests were so comfortable and loved the place. I would recommend Highlands to anyone who is looking for a venue where you don't have to be concerned that things won't go as planned. Thanks to Bridget and her staff, we could not have asked for a better place to have my daughter's perfect wedding! Thank you all for making this special day so happy!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kelly B

I got married at the Highlands Country Club on June 4, 2016. It's safe to say that my wedding was absolutely perfect, and a huge part of that was because of the staff. We worked with Bridget from the day we saw the venue (and fell in love with it), and she had been nothing but... Read More attentive and extremely helpful since the first day. She was very responsive to my (many) emails whenever I had questions. Bridget was so accommodating with everything my husband and I had asked her. Any time we had a request, Bridget always made it work. The day of the wedding, we were introduced to a bridal assistant who was there to help the wedding party whenever we needed, and she was also very helpful. Every guest we had at our wedding raved about how great of a time they had - the food was delicious. The salmon was SO GOOD and I heard a few people say the steak was some of the best thy've had. Food is very, very important to my husband and I, and we were so happy with the how good the food was. The beautiful scenery is what attracted us to the HCC in the first place. Something that makes this venue stand out amongst others is the fact that we had a s'mores station with fire pits! My husband and I are very much into the outdoors (especially camping), and the s'mores was a huge hit with our friends and family. We didn't have one single negative thing to say about our experience with the Highlands Country Club. We highly recommend it! :)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Julia W

This place MADE our wedding! My husband and I worked closely with the lovely Danielle from day one. She made the whole process of booking, planning, and executing our vision seem like a walk in the park. The venue itself is breathtaking, with greenery all around, a huge... Read More chandelier, and the perfect amount of old-world charm. Add in the delicious food, the fabulous staff, and the open bar, and the perfect wedding is a cinch. Our guests were enchanted by the place, they complimented the staff several times, and their plates were practically licked clean. The bridal suite is extremely helpful for getting ready and for touch-ups during the party as well. Danielle and her staff know how to throw a wedding, but the Highlands is by no means a wedding factory. They put such care into the details and personalizing of a couple's day that each wedding is unique. My husband and I will look so fondly on the memories of April 9th, 2016, all thanks to the Highlands Country Club, Danielle, and the wonderful staff.

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Carly F

My husband and I got married at Highlands just a few weeks ago and it was even more perfect than we could've imagined. We worked with Bridget as our coordinator and she was super helpful from the very beginning, responding to my numerous emails in a very timely fashion and... Read More never making me feel like my questions were silly. The facilities are gorgeous top to bottom, from the bridal suite to the ballroom, tavern and solarium - we made use of all the space that was available and our guests loved being able to float around the different areas. The space is the perfect blend of elegance and rustic that we were looking for. We ended up being a bit over our original headcount and Bridget was extremely accommodating and helped us figure out how to best maximize the space so that all of our guests were comfortable. The food was absolutely phenomenal and our guests couldn't stop telling us just how delicious everything was. Since we planned the wedding ourselves, it was great to have a list of vendor references from them while still being able to choose whoever we wanted to work with at no additional cost. If we had to do it all over again we would still go with Highlands, hands down.

Beautiful Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Cyntia L

Loved, loved, loved the Highlands Country Club! In the beginning of our wedding venue search a few things were really important to us- One, we did not want a typical wedding factory. It was really important that the venue we choose did not hold multiple parties/weddings per... Read More day. Having attend a number of weddings in places that do- we knew that it wasn't for us. We also did not want a venue with ugly carpet... and we wanted to do something a little different then a barn wedding (especially since we were getting married in the winter). The second most important thing for us was the FOOD. We wanted GOOD food and BOOZE. Not quantity (over the top cocktail hour that makes you dizzy) but quality (something that melted in your mouth)....and got you toasty. The Highlands Country club hit all of these items! The Planning: At first we had one wedding planner- but she left and we then had Bridget as our planner. Bridget was great- she answered all of my emails (a lot of them), she was super flexible and really attentive! The best part is this venue and Bridget's flexibility. I produce large scale events for a living- so I had a lot of ideas, vendors and items I wanted to bring in to customize my wedding. Bridget worked with me and my vendors and was extremely flexible about working with my vendors and accommodating all of my ideas. She even helped me go back and forth on some tough decisions and helped guide me without pressuring me ever. She kept us really organized and day of she took control of the party and made sure everything went as planned and perfect. Also, with bridget was a bridal assistant that was amazing and SOOO helpful. It was so great to be able to trust someone to manage everything and it was perfect. The Venue: The venue is BEAUTIFUL and intimate. It is a perfect setting for a wedding of 100-120 guests. It is all hardwood floors with two grand fireplaces (that WORK!)and a grand chandelier. My favorite part of the venue is that you really DO NOT need additional lighting- just dim the chandelier, light a few candles and you are set. Also they have BEAUTIFUL wood barn tables (so we just used table runners and lots of candles). Also- they have a great porch area with white curtains- that makes for a romantic ceremony. And a great all glass atrium for cocktail hour (its like having cocktail hour under the stars). The Food/Staff/Service: The food here is farm to table. They also use seasonal veggies. The food was amazing- we had the slow cooked ribs in a truffle oil sauce (it melted in your mouth)! The salmon was also amazing. The booze was flowing and NOT watered down and we were also allowed to bring in a few specialty bottles that we really wanted during the wedding day. Also, we were able to have a specialty drink before our ceremony (spiced rum cider)which all my guests loved! The staff was great- really friendly and just made you feel like home. I hugged two of them the next day... they really make your wedding! Overall, The Highlands Country Club is a great place for your wedding! The staff, event manager, food and booze are amazing! I would highly recommend and SOOOOO happy we choose the Highlands Country Club to celebrate our magical wedding!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Liz

My husband and I were married at Highlands in April 2015. We worked with Danielle who was absolutely wonderful and completely organized throughout the entire process. We loved the historic, warm and cozy feel of the space as soon as we walked in. Although it can hold more, we... Read More had a small wedding of about 70 and were very comfortable. We had a lovely ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors followed by dinner and dancing inside the main room. We had warm weather though and guests were able to flow inside and outside throughout the evening as they wished. The food was incredible and far exceeded the typical bland and forgettable "wedding food" served at most venues (we highly recommend the short ribs!). We really can't thank Danielle and the lovely staff at Highlands enough. The day was exactly what we wanted and we're still talking about it!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kira M

Highlands Country Club and its exceptional staff made our summer 2014 wedding more perfect than we could have imagined. We recommend them without hesitation. Both the grounds and event spaces are beautiful, allowing couples to hold everything from their first-look photos to... Read More their last dance at a single venue. The Solarium is a magical place for indoor ceremonies. The Verandah is ideal for cocktail hour. The Ball Room is gorgeous. And, the grounds offer spectacular settings for incredible photos. However, what really sets Highlands apart is its extraordinary staff, headed by Danielle, the on-site coordinator. Danielle and her team operate with incredible professionalism and experience, allowing couples to leave the logistics of their big day in the staff’s capable hands and focus instead on celebrating with friends and family. We really could not have hoped for a more beautiful or more enjoyable day. Highlands and its staff were key to the success of our celebrations.

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Emily F

I got married at the Highlands Country Club in August 2014 and had an absolutely wonderful day! I worked with Danielle who was a super organized and attentive event planner. She was on top of everything on the day of my wedding, and made everything run flawlessly! The... Read More Highlands ballroom is absolutely magnificent! The space is beautifully decorated and a very intimate and classy space to have a wedding. The food is not your typical wedding catered food, but restaurant quality. Everyone at my wedding was raving about how great the food was! I am so glad that I found the Highlands Country Club, would highly recommend!!!

Picturesque Fairytale

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Margaret C

Our wedding as so many of our guests wrote to us afterward was, "one of the most beautiful weddings they'd ever been to". I grew up down the road so this was an easy choice for us. Danielle, the wedding planner, was difficult to work with and get a hole of but that is minor... Read More in comparison to the space and the food and ambiance. The staff was top notch.