Hillcrest Golf Club

St. Paul, MN

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Hillcrest Golf Club is a classic clubhouse venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Choose from outdoor and indoor venue options, such as a stately ballroom or manicured outdoor lawn space. Catering is provided on-site and offers upscale fine dining. They offer a wide range of wedding packages to simplify the planning process. For those seeking an impeccable landscape and an elegant golf club backdrop, the Hillcrest Golf Club is an excellent option.

Ballroom. The ballroom offers a classy estate vibe with rich wood accents and tan-toned carpeting. Large windows bring in plenty of natural light. It accommodates up to 120 guests and when used in conjunction with Fireside room and Hillcrest grill, accommodates 240 guests. There are fireplaces, high ceilings and fine furniture.

Hillcrest grill. Offering a classic grill vibe, the room has wood paneling throughout and views of the golf course.

Fireside room. An intimate space for up to 60 guests, the Fireside room is ideal for cocktail hours or small receptions. It has a beautiful fireplace, artwork on the walls and accented with dark wood.

Lawn. Add a large white tent and enjoy an outdoor space for ceremonies or receptions. The vibrant lawn and meticulously maintained landscaping offers a classy and chic vine.

Pool deck. In the days between Labor Day and Memorial Day, couples can opt for a pool deck social hour. The meticulously maintain pool area offers a resort atmosphere that encourages mingling and relaxation.

Catering is provided by the venue and offers couples the choice of three hors d'oeuvres, one salad and one entree options. Buffet-style meals are also available. Menus can be customized and all dishes use locally sourced ingredients. The meat is free of antibiotics and growth hormones.

Beverages are also provided by Hillcrest Golf Club, typically through a hosted bar. Bartenders are assigned to the event. A champagne toast is also included and so is one glass of wine with dinner. All dinnerware and candles are provided, along with cake cutting. The venue rental encompasses the use of the Clubhouse rooms and patio, which includes the spaces described below. A dance floor and A/V equipment are included to ensure an enjoyable reception. Ceremony packages include up to 150 chairs, set up and cleanup. The venue can also provide:

• Arbor
  • Outdoor tent with side walls
  • Tent draping and lighting

Hillcrest Golf Club offers several extra perks, including bottled water for ceremony attendees. Couples can enjoy photo opportunities on the course with golf carts as well. The catering service is a leader in sustainability practices, which is a big plus for environmentally conscious couples. There is also the opportunity to serve a customized signature drink throughout the reception.

Hillcrest Golf Club

The grandeur of Hillcrest’s stately architecture with radiant natural light and beautiful views of the scenic golf course creates a spacious yet intimate ambiance. The space is sophisticated and intimate - featuring high ceilings, expansive windows, rich detailed woodwork and fireplaces.

Backyard, Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

2200 E Larpenteur Ave, St. Paul, MN (651) 236-8500

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

When selecting a venue for our Wedding, my husband & I knew that food & location were important factors for a venue. From the moment I walked into Hillcrest, I knew that this would be the absolute perfect venue for our celebration - the beautiful woodwork, tall windows &... Read More gorgeous views of the course. We wanted an outdoor ceremony with a tent – their Grounds Manager was more than accommodating & allowed us to place a tent on their short range. He even met with the rental company to ensure no details were missed. Michelle, Kelly & Missy were incredible to work with! They are responsive & on top of everything, they completely went out of their way to make our day everything we imagined, and it was! The day of our Wedding was perfection – everything I dreamed of & more – the food was outstanding, the space perfect & the service over the top. My husband & I couldn’t be happier – thank you Hillcrest!

Fanastic!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Julia w

If you are looking for a venue that knows exactly what they are doing, Hillcrest is the way to go! I have never felt so confident that I had nothing to worry about the day of our wedding. Kelly at Hillcrest took care of our every need AHEAD OF TIME! We had centerpieces... Read More dropped off to be arranged by staff, as well as all of our photos, gift box etc. Unlike friends of mine who were married elsewhere, I did not have to coordinate runners or delivery people at all! Magnificent services, delicious food, and amazing staff! I wish we could do it all again!