Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa is the quintessential getaway for a beach wedding. Get married on the beach under palm trees with your toes in the sand, say vows in lush greenery surrounded by tropical flowers or put on a wetsuit after the ceremony to get wedding pictures of you and your spouse riding the waves. The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa offers a number of unique settings for both ceremonies and receptions

The Beach wedding venue has capacity for 200 guests, who are seated on white chairs in the tan sand of the San Diego Beach. Couples can book this venue from Friday through Sunday, and Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa takes care of all permits.

Garden by the Bay surrounds guests with lush palm trees, tropical flowers and a fantastic view of Mission Bay. The venue holds up to 500 guests, making it ideal for larger weddings.

Terrazza Ballroom overlooks the bay through pretty French doors and windows. The reception venue has a capacity of 150 guests.

International Ballroom is the largest event space at the hotel and can hold 250 guests in half of the space or 700 in the full space. It features dramatic 16-foot ceilings and Italian glass chandeliers for an elegant affair.

Mediterranean Ballroom is a more intimate choice for a reception, and accommodates up to 200 people.

The Pavillion is a marquee that holds up to 700 wedding reception guests. It features a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows that provide natural light and give an outstanding view of the gorgeous gardens.

South Pool Patio is an outdoor option right by the pool for a wedding of up to 250 guests. The South Pool Patio features a rock waterfall and lush palm trees, and has space for a dance floor.

You can purchase an all-inclusive wedding package that includes everything needed for your day. The ceremony includes a two-hour rental of the space, chairs and the setup and takedown of the event. For the reception, the package includes tables, chairs, linens, napkins and silverware. The reception package also includes a dance floor, umbrella setup for outdoor weddings, heat lamps for chillier outdoor weddings, a cake table and a card table. Guests at the wedding and reception receive complimentary self-parking at the hotel. The bride and groom receive a complimentary suite for booking a wedding, and guests receive a discounted rate.

When it comes to dining, The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa gives couples a number of different options, including a sit-down Bayside Brunch for day receptions and a Bayside Dinner for evening receptions. The Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa also offers two buffet options for receptions, including a tropical buffet and traditional buffet. Guests can choose from a wide selection of spirits, cordials, wine and beer. You must hire a bartender to serve alcoholic beverages because California law does not allow for self-service at events of this magnitude.

When booking a wedding event at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, brides can choose from a number of salon packages that include services like:

• 50-minute transformation facial with eyebrow wax
  • 50-minute stone massage with marma scalp and foot treatment
  • 80-minute Royal Thai massage
  • 50-minute transformation with Knesko diamond radiance
  • Shellac manicures and pedicures
  • Bridal day hair and makeup
  • Glass of champagne

Say 'I Do' With A Water View

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa is the quintessential California resort & retreat. White sand beaches, lush greens and arching tropical palms provide a number of gorgeous and unique backdrops for the special celebration of your dreams.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA (619) 275-8919
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jessica P

If you are considering a wedding at the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa, look no further it was the perfect location for our wedding. We worked with Jenn and Martin and they were AMAZING- They were so accommodating to our needs. The food was delicious (we got so many... Read More compliments) and the price is great for the location, especially the room prices. We had a lot of people coming from out of town so that was extremely important to us. If you are having a destination wedding this place is perfect because the grounds are beautiful and it is in the middle of everything. Everyone said that this was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. Thank you Jenn and Martin for everything you did for us. It was the best day of our lives!

2016-11-11T16:17:53 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are thrilled to hear that your day was special and memorable, as it should be! Thank you for being a valued member of our Hilton family. The Catering Team Hilton San Diego Resort... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Sara T

I was born in San Diego, but am currently living in PA. Jennifer made it so easy for us to plan our wedding from a far. As others have mentioned, the food was absolutely amazing, a few of our guests even wanted the chef's name because they were hoping he cooked in the hotel's... Read More restaurant as well. The locations was beautiful, I had the sunset wedding I had always dreamed of. Everyone was very accommodating and the price was great too!

2016-11-18T17:06:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host such a special occasion for you, your husband and your families. We're thrilled to hear that we were able to bring your dream wedding to life. Such a wonderful compliment! If we can ever be of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kristina P

This review is for Maribel Beltran- who worked with us on our wedding on 10-16-16. Maribel was simply amazing. She was quick to respond and answer any questions and worked well with my wedding coordinator and my mother, who was very hands on and involved throughout the whole... Read More process. Our rehearsal went great. The wedding day was beyond perfect. Maribel and her staff did a fabulous job. We had many out of town guests who stayed on site and they had nothing but great things to say. Most of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been too. Our East Coast guests fell in love with the resort. The food was fantastic. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day and venue. Wish we could relive it again. Thank you Maribel for an amazing wedding.

2016-11-11T16:26:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your feedback with The Knot community! We strive to make each wedding couple's day as wonderful and special as it can be and we're elated to hear that we did that for you. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Karissa C

We recently had our wedding at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa and it was FANTASTIC! We worked with Martin Hall and Jennifer Mitsvin and could not have asked for better coordinators from the resort. They went above and beyond to make sure that everything ran smoothly and were... Read More extremely quick in responding to emails. We cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us. It was a top to bottom perfect day. We had our ceremony at the Garden by the Bay between the palm trees and loved the view, but truthfully you can't pick a bad location. Our reception was held in the Terrazza ballroom, which was the perfect size. We loved having our bar on the patio to give our guests the option to cool off outside without really leaving the reception. The food was DELICIOUS! So many options to choose from and they were all great. Our guests greeted us with positive comments about the food throughout the wedding. The girls got nail, hair, and make-up services done by the on-site spa and could not have been happier. They were able to accommodate our large group and we even finished ahead of schedule! Emmanuel, Gabby, and Karen were wonderful and everyone looked beautiful. This was an amazing place to get married and we are looking forward to coming back and reliving the great day in years to come. Our bridal party kept saying that this was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and our guests had a blast!

Hilton Mission Bay, San Diego

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the first visit, we knew that our choice for our daughter's wedding would be the Hilton, Mission Bay. Laura Gibson handled the arrangements and details perfectly. From the Banquet Manager during the "tasting" to the gift shop personnel, everyone treated us with respect... Read More and as a friend. We highly recommend the Hilton Mission Bay for your wedding or banquet needs. The food was great, and the property went over and above to satisfy our needs. Kind Regards, Carol & Ken Gibbs

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Devan B

My husband and I looked at 8 other locations before booking an appointment with The Hilton. "I don't want to get married in a hotel", or so I thought. Well, after meeting Laura and walking around the resort, we knew it was our spot. From then on, finding the dress, or another... Read More vendor we would ask, "is it a Hilton?" meaning, is it the one? Our experience was more incredible than we could have dreamed up; I can't imagine getting married anywhere else. They went above and beyond at every opportunity they could. From helping us with our vendors, to negotiating, to our food tasting (best wedding food we have ever had, try the snapper and risotto!), to every single small detail that I hadn't even thought of. They even remembered our favorite drinks every time we went back to check out the space. I never once felt stressed or out of control because Laura and her team were there to help, and they were happy to do so! We live in San Diego but for the majority of our guest, it was a destination wedding. This resort was truly a treat for each one of them. We had a bonfire on the beach one night where we made s'mores and had a chance to welcome our guests. We had a pool party during the day where our friends hung out and enjoyed the cocktail service and cabanas. Others rented jet skis, paddle boards, and bikes from the public rental center just outside the hotel. Since the Hotel is so central to all the fun spots to see, people enjoyed the ease of going out at night to Old Town, PB, and Balboa Park. The day of the wedding, I was set up in a suit looking over the Bay, it was gorgeous. While we were getting ready, we had enough room (and light!) for 1 make-up artist, 2 hair stylists, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms and 1 bride. We had hotel staff in and out of the room all day from the bell boys who came and took all of our decorations, to the concierge who brought flowers and chocolate cover strawberries; everyone was sincere, fun and extremely polite. We had our ceremony on the beach and our cocktail hour at Frescos. We had our reception on the South Pool Patio and it was more than enough space for out 131 guests! At the end of the night, we had a sparkler exit and then the whole wedding party jumped into the pool, dress’s and all! I had my concerns about ending our night at 10, but the Olive Lounge was more than accommodating for our guests who weren’t ready for the party to end! To anyone looking for their wedding reception, I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Hilton Mission Bay. Their staff, their location, their rooms, their food and their service; it is unsurpassable. Choosing this venue will be the best and easiest decision you’ll ever make in your wedding planning!

October wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

What a great venue. Our daughter's wedding reception surpassed all our expectations thanks to the great professionalism of Laura and all the staff involved. Starting with the planning and room reservations to the reception and brunch. Our guests were so impressed and celebrated... Read More our daughters wedding in grand resort style. We highly recommend this venue for any event that requires style, class and expert service with attention to details.

Wedding and Reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We were extremely pleased with everything at our daughter and son-in-law's recent wedding and reception at the Hilton. The ceremony site was perfect -- picturesque and peaceful. The cocktail and dinner receptions were beautiful. Most importantly, the staff was extremely... Read More cooperative, accommodating any requests we made, and assisting us throughout the entire event. We had checked out other sites around Mission Bay. This was the best by far, as to location, amenities, service and value. We were extremely pleased with how everything turned out and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone planning a special event.

Great location, great food!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jason C

The Hilton is gorgeous. Great place for pictures. We were able to run through all over the property and get wonderful photos. It was also great for families, with lots of stuff for kids to do. My only drawback is cost, but it is comparable to other venues, so they are... Read More competitive.

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Sara S

I held my reception at the San Diego Hilton spa and resort in July 2015. We used the outside spaces, Frescos and the South Pool Patio. Both locations are beautiful and have great views of the amazing Sea World fireworks in July. However, leading up the event getting... Read More information and communicating with the Hilton staff was difficult. In the end we needed to go down to the venue on the Monday before our Saturday wedding (5 days prior to the event) to request to get our dinner floor plan, our banquet event order (BEO), and to coordinate our final payment. I luckily had hired a day of coordinator (outside vendor) and would highly recommend that to anyone booking this venue. We had multiple issues the day of the event and my coordinator had to find the banquet caption to get any of those issues addressed; at one point my now husband left our wedding reception to find a manager. Just to give a few of the days miss-communications: confusion on when the bar was to open; what drinks were being hosted by the bride/groom; only having access to community bathrooms for beach-goers/pool guests/wedding guests causing them to be sandy, wet, and having no toilet paper; lack of signs letting guests know that an event is in session one hotel guest got drinks during our cocktail hour. Many of our guests have told us what a great time they had, only noting confusion at the bar and commented about the bathrooms. So our guests noticed little that was going on behind the curtain. The Hilton staff has communicated with us after the event to discuss the concerns we had, some of which are noted in this review.

Great wedding

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Tiffanie M

I recently had my wedding a the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa, it was amazing! Everyone was so accommodating and helpful. The staff was wonderful and very considerate. My photographer wanted to take pictures on the sailboats and the men stayed open a little later so we were... Read More able to. I heard nothing but great comments from guests about how everything was so nicely put together. I definitely recommend this hotel for any event!

Great wedding venue

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Elana C

We really enjoyed having our wedding at the Hilton. Laura G. was great and helped so much with everything. We looked around and their prices were very competitive. We did ask for some extras that weren't originally included, but luckily they accommodated us. The grounds are... Read More beautiful, and all our guests had a great time.

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Erin H

We had our wedding at the Hilton on March 15, 2014, we couldn't have asked for a better location. The view you get as well as the hotel landscape is all gorgeous. I worked with Laura Gipson. She was amazing and worked with me on exactly what I wanted. We had our ceremony at... Read More Garden by the bay. Then our reception outside at South Pool. We even had a ballroom for late night festivities since the outside area closed at 10. This was a great idea and everyone loved it so we could keep the party going. We keep getting continuous compliments on how casual and fun our wedding was and none of that would've been possible with out Laura's help. She was always ready with ideas but always supported mine as well. We did stations of food which we got to taste and they were just as delicious the second time around. People loved the food and the different selections. I would recommend Laura and the Hilton to anyone that asked. Our wedding went so smoothly and we were actually able to enjoy it because I knew I was in good hands and didn't have to worry about anything. Thanks again!!!

Worth it...even with the lack of communication!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 BriAnne T

For the most part, the Hilton was amazing! I worked with Katie to begin with. She was super on top of things, got back to me in a timely manner which was super important since I was living in Phoenix. She went on maternity leave 3 months before our wedding and Lara took... Read More over. Lara was not as easy to work with. I had to constantly email and call to get a response from her! In several cases I was told one thing, and then a few months later told something different…nothing dramatic, just slightly annoying. I know she was busy…I get it, they have about 3 weddings a weekend there, but totally being ignored is not okay! However, the day of went perfectly!!!! Lara was amazing running around making sure everything went smoothly! We were running late (what bride isn’t), the hotel does not have valet parking, but they left my parents and my photographer (she was late because she was with me  ) park our cars in a 20 minute loading area for the entire night! My favors were a s’ more kit, but it happened to be 100 degrees that day in San Diego and Lara let us keep my favors in her office and brought them down after dinner when it cooled off. Apparently there were random guest that snuck in and she ushered them out without many people noticing. The head banquet guy took care of my husband and me the entire night! Knew exactly what drink we wanted and had it waiting. Following the ceremony, during cocktail hour, Lara brought our wedding party drinks down to the beach where we were taking pictures. We definitely felt like we were special! Finally, the food was AMAZING!!! All of my guests loved the food and commented on it! The Hilton made a special meal for us. We got married on the beach and wanted a luau themed reception. They added roasted pig to the menu for us! We were also having a smaller wedding, so they worked with us on price. I do highly recommend the Hilton for your wedding, even having to deal with the lack of communication leading up to the event.

Venue

Reviewed on 5/27/2012 Amy W

Hilton wasan amazing place o have a wedding! They made my dream come true:)

All Around Amazing

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Cristina B

Let me start by saying that Jenny was great to work with. She was very accommodating and made sure all my visions came to life. The food was excellent. I was amazed by how many servers there were. My 260 guests all got their food quickly.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Molly Z

Everyone worked with us, Eva and Jenny are the best! Get married here! Affordable even for a small wedding, they work with your budget

A beautiful location

Reviewed on 5/06/2011 Melissa V

We were married in the Garden By the Bay and had our reception at the outdoor pool bar, Frescos. The hotel was an ideal setting for a wedding-it was gorgeous and right on the water! It was perfect for us as we had mostly out of town guests who stayed at the beautiful hotel and... Read More made a vacation out of it. Not only that, but our wedding coordinator with the hotel, Jenny G., was amazing. She was so helpful with everything. Any issue we had she corrected immediately, and she was always so friendly and cheerful. This was a wonderful location for our wedding--we wouldn't change a thing about the location!