Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder

Santa Fe, NM

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Buffalo Thunder and La Mesita

Your wedding deserves the special attention to detail that Hiltons are world-famous for providing. Our banquet and catering team is dedicated to providing the highest level of service to the most discerning clientele. We specialize in creating events that your guests will remember for a lifetime.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

‎ 20 Buffalo Thunder Trail, Santa Fe, NM

Honeymoon or Minimoon Retreat

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Jessica M

Their service was incredible and always courteous and we got a nice remote room for our minimoon PLUS delicious candy/wine/cheese that actually lasted us two days. The pool is the bomb and the restaurants are all great. Plus it was so much cheaper than other places in the... Read More area!

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Iris C

The staff at Buffalo Thunder made us feel like our small wedding was THE MOST IMPORTANT event ever! They were wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Rogelio v

WARNING: NEVER HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE The only reason I'm giving this place one star is because of Jonathan (up lighting), Kai (banquet captain), Effron (set-up/break down), and Mary (setup crew) we are amazing they took care of our needs, listened to what we wanted, very... Read More professional, and friendly. Kudos. The coordinators are the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with. We had to carry our contract everywhere we went. Their favorite phrase was "It's not in the contract" They wanted us to set up our ballroom for 250 people in two hours because they said it was in the contract. .” I decide to look at my contract and what I found surprised me. In fact, the resort was in breach of contract. My contract reads that if there should be another party interested in facility the resort has a duty to notify me within 72 hours to inform me that there will be another party in our vicinity. I have yet to receive such a notice. After, I sent this email to the coordinators they decided to let us have the ballroom for two days. This was told to us five days before the wedding. They charged us to kids plates that were never served. They charged us for an ice sculpture that the coordinator stated would be free. They double booked our tasting. They recommended faulty vendors. We got ready in a dirty chapel. They switched up our coordinator the day before our wedding. They tried to double charge us for up lighting. They were so bad that our priest, photographer and bridal commented on how rude and unprofessional these coordinators were. Oh and the best part they lost our marriage license and that is only what I can fit in this review. Property is nice but save yourself the stress and look elsewhere.

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Mackenzie B

We did not receive the customer service we expected from a Hilton Resort. We had countless issues prior to and during the wedding day, and were very disappointed in Buffalo Thunder. Here is the shortlist of our complaints: -The event coordinator was hard to get a hold of... Read More and very unprofessional. She canceled/rescheduled our run through because she "forgot" she had another wedding that day. -She called me 2 weeks before my wedding in a panic because she realized our contract stated a minimum of 150 people, but the space could only accommodate 125 per fire code. She told me I should have known the space couldn't accommodate that many people. After arguing, we cut our guest list down to 125. (Very stressful 2 weeks before the wedding!) -When we arrived to the reception, there were only enough chairs for 90 people. We complained and they said more chairs were on their way, but they never arrived. -The air conditioning was not on/working in the Chapel on our wedding day in JUNE. It was so hot that many guests stayed outside the building. -We were promised golf carts to take our wedding party from the Chapel to the reception. I got a call at 9:30pm the night before the wedding to tell me we couldn't use golf carts and we had to figure out transportation to the reception. -We were under the impression that we would have a dance floor put down for the reception from previous conversations with the venue. It wasn't in the BEO, and when I asked about it I was told they wouldn't put one down and I should have known that. We found this out the week before the wedding. -We were supposed to have an "enchantment suite" for the day/night of the wedding, which we expected to be secluded. When I went to check in, I found out it was a regular room in our room block. It happened to be next door to my mom's room. Most of these issues could have been avoided/resolved with an experienced event coordinator. The venue is beautiful, but beware of the terrible customer service.

service not what I expected from a Hilton

Reviewed on 1/11/2013 Marci S

The first time I talked to a planner at Buffalo thunder I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. The first contact I had there was amazing, she could answer most questions when I asked, if not she would find the answer in less than a day. I went to check everything out and... Read More LOVED it. A few days later I found out my contact was leaving the following day. After that they assigned me to another contact who I never spoke to or met. The week before my wedding I found out he would be on vaction so I was given a new contact, the day before the event I was supposed to meet with her at the venue to tie up a few loose ends. She was late then the few things I asked for did NOT happen, my family and amazing friends took care of everything; from cleaning up glass on the floor to rearraging chairs and setting up for my reception. I will say my rehursal dinner was amazing and the reception was very fun. The servers and bartenders were so nice and helpful but the people I expected things from really let me down. The man who was supposed to do all the last minute things didn't show up till the end of the reception for me to sign the bill. Along with the wedding package we purchased we received a champagne and chocolate strawberries, luckly we spent a couple nights there after the wedding because we didn't receive them until we talked to the front desk, another planner, and a few other people several times. Overall it was an amazing time but I owe 90% of that to my friends and family. I used this venue because it came highly recommended to me from a friend whose wedding had no problems so I think if you have a good planner who stays in contact they can have wonderful events.