Is this your business? claim it now

Hippie Chick Bakery

Kensington, NH

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan

Cakes + Desserts

Address 1, Kensington, NH (603) 347-1487

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Michelle P

Our cake from Hippie Chick was SO beautiful! They did such an amazing job, my Husband and I are vegan so we were so happy to find Amy. All the cakes we tried were delicious but we couldn't pass up the chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate ganache,so yummy! I am... Read More gluten free so Amy made the top tear of our cake GF so I could enjoy the cake as well. I actually just had to stop writing this review and go get some left over cake from the fridge. Needless to say the cake is delicious and the design was beautiful. No hassle whatsoever.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Patricia T

Our cake for our May 6, 2017 wedding at Clay Hill Farm looked and tasted amazing! We had so much fun at our cake tasting, and Amy did an awesome job walking us through the design for the cake that we wanted. The cake we got was exactly what we wanted and more! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Aisha W

Thank you Amy! Our cake was as delicious as it was gorgeous to look at. It was as simple as Andy and I wanted it to be and it fit our overall vision for our wedding. We will be letting anyone who will listen how great you are!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kelsey H

we absolutely LOVED our cake!!! the whole experience was outstanding. Amy, was fun and personable. she took our ideas and really listened. The cake was delicious we could have eaten the whole thing ourselves.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Catherine M

We chose Hippie Chick Bakery because we needed a nut-free cake and facility. However, we were so lucky to have worked with Hippie Chick bakery! Amy was attentive, knowledgable, easy to work with, and offered her talent and expertise. She even delivered our cake more than an hour... Read More away. Our "naked cake" turned out exactly as we envisioned. Plus, it was absolutely delicious! Our guests raved about how great the cake looked and tasted. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 alisha b

She does amazing work. The cake was beautifly made and very tasty‚̧

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Meg T

Amy was a pleasure to work with. We loved that she offers vegan flavors, which were delicious. The cake tasting was a highlight of our wedding planning, in part due to her friendly chickens in the backyard :) She thoughtfully designed the cake to be a perfect compliment to our... Read More wedding theme, and the final product was beautiful.

Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Darci J

Hippie Chick Bakery was a PERFECT fit for our wedding. We met with them a year before our wedding for our tasting. The cakes were delicious and she immediately honed in on the details I envisioned. We were able to pick a few different cupcakes and a cake for the top of the... Read More display that had a lace overlay that matched my dress. The cupcakes wree DELICIOUS and she even made two vegan gluten free cupcakes for two of our guests who needed them. They LOVED them.

Any cake you can imagine!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Shannon L

Amy, the owner of Hippie Chick Bakery, is so talented. During the consultation she draws out many different options as you are talking to her about what you envision. She is a true artist and all her cakes look (and taste!) amazing. She has chickens on site so all the eggs are... Read More as fresh as can be! She also offers vegan and gluten free options, and her prices are very reasonable.

Outrageously good cake!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Bec C

Even my friend, a phenomenal chef/restauranteur, did not realize our wedding cake was vegan. No one guessed the cake was sweetened with alternative sweeteners. Amy was easy and fun to work with, both at the tasting and via phone and email. The cake was delicious and... Read More beautiful. I am SO glad we chose Hippie Chick Bakery!

We loved our cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Alida J

We worked with Amy who helped us pull together the dream cake for our wedding by sitting with us and sketching our ideas. The final product was stunning and exactly what I had dreamed up! Also of not, it had been important to us to find a baker that could accomodate my wife's... Read More dairy allergy. We had approximately 100 guests at our wedding, and ended up with a four tier cake. Amy was able to make two layers (one being our anniversary cake) dairy free, while making the others dairy friendly. We loved the ability to customize as such!

Great organic/nut free bakery!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Katy R

My brother is very allergic to peanuts, so we were specifically looking for a nut-free bakery for our wedding cake/cupcakes in the Seacoast, NH area - Hippie Chick Bakery was a great option! There was another option we found in Danvers, but they wouldn't deliver to the... Read More Portsmouth, NH area, so we didn't even try them out (just including that in case someone reading this is looking for nut-free as well!). Amy from Hippie Chick Bakery met with us to try the cake flavors and talk through our vision, and she was great about bringing to life what we talked about, incorporating our wedding colors/theme very well. We went with a cupcake stand with 4 different flavors of cupcakes, and a small 2-tier cake on top in two other flavors. This allowed us to still have a cake to cut, but saved us a bit of money (and made for something a bit different than a traditional wedding cake) by serving cupcakes to our guests. The cake and cupcakes were delicious - flavors ranged from funfetti to pink champagne, apple caramel and raspberry lemon (and more). We also found this vendor to be very affordable, as we were hoping to not spend a fortune on a cake. We would definitely recommend Hippie Chick Bakery in the future - and may even order from them again if we have another even in that area in the future!

june wedding

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Karen M

cake testing? F. freezer burnt cake pieces. literally wet. i didn't like anything. so i had to take a chance and just *hope* that our wedding cake didn't taste bad. paid an extra $75 for artwork... it resembled what we asked for minimally, having been reassured it would look... Read More just like it. it ended up tasting reallly REALLY really good though.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Kieran C

Amy from Hippie Chick was great. She helped us with the design and the cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. Would recommend her

Excellent Vegan Wedding Cakes!

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Rachel H

Amy at Hippie Chick Bakery did three beautiful cakes for our very casual wedding. We asked for fluffy, home-made looking cakes and we got them! Highly recommend the two flavors we got: pink champagne/vanilla and chocolate/irish coffee. Our wedding was in south MA and we live... Read More in the Greater Boston area, so don't hesitate to contact Amy for a vegan wedding cake if your wedding isn't near NH. The delivery fee was VERY reasonable! We had many compliments from our guests about how good the cakes were, and people were shocked that they were vegan--they were extremely decadent!

Best cake ever

Reviewed on 4/01/2013 Rocio S

Our cake was not only delicious it was exquisite to look at I have a dairy allergy and the taste was not compromised at all. Great vendor a must have for a one of a kind cake that's yummy and affordable

Good

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Michelle M

The cake looked great. She got my vision fairly well, not perfect, but fairly well. However the cake tasted WAY better at the tasting then at the actual event. It was still delicious but no where near as yummy and flavorful as the tasting was. Amy was great with working with us... Read More and shrinking our cake two weeks before the wedding after we had our final count, so we ended up with enough cake, but not too much extra, which was good. :)

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Jessica Lee M

(Disclaimer: Hippie Chick Bakery takes part in the Clay Hill Farm Green Wedding Giveaway and my fiance and I were the 2012 winners. All opinions are my own.) Amy from Hippie Chick Bakery did a great job with the cake. We asked for two flavors of cake to be included and she... Read More did alternate layers. We chose a simple design, but she has done some very elaborate ones before. Also, if you're looking for a vegan or gluten-free cake, Amy can do it. I think it's important that she takes dietary modifications into account as this can be very important for some people when planning food, cake, etc. for the wedding. Highly recommend!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Elizabeth-Ann S

The cake was amazingly delicious. Very light, airy and moist. I am not a big fan of cake in general, but I was very pleased with Amy's. Her knowledge is extensive and the exterior of the cake was exquisite. I highly recommend Hippie Chick Bakery.

Yummy cake

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Timothy

We had a lovely tasting with Amy and our cake was delicious. We had hoped for fresh fruit in our cake but it was not clear why that didn't happen.

Very pleased

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Christine C

We used Hippie Chick Bakery for our wedding cake and our cake was AMAZING! Amy was pleasant and easy to work with and was very good at listening to our requests and working out the specifics with us. She was able to create a very unique and impressive cake that was reflective of... Read More our personal styles. And as far as taste, it was some of the best wedding cake I've ever had! She also offers cakes for those with dietary restrictions (we got some vegan cupcakes on the side). She can be a little difficult to contact as she is the owner and baker, but she always responded to my emails within a few days and was willing to meet with me in person as well. I recommend Hippie Chick if you are looking for something fun and different!

Absolutely Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Danielle W

My (now) Husband and I booked Hippie Chick Bakery for our wedding and the cake was absolutely amazing!! We gave her an idea of what we were thinking and she ran with it! Our cake was stunning and was without a doubt the centerpiece at our wedding!! My guests are still talking... Read More about how fabulous it tasted!!!

Tasty!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Laura H

My DH and I ordered a cutting cake and cupcakes. Exceedingly pleased by the quality of both in terms of flavor. Baker is flexible, open to fun ideas, and produced some great flavors for both cake and cupcakes. Value of cakes and cupcakes was excellent. Decoration of cake was... Read More fine.

Eggless Cake that ALL the Guests Loved!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Wendy H

Delicious cake made to specifications (including eggless throughout and a gluten-free tier), lovely decoration, and very responsive when I needed to cut down on the amount of cake due to fewer guests.

Allergy sensitive bakery

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Jane B

Hippie Chick Bakery did a fabulous job on the cupcakes for my wedding! I have a gluten allergy and having cake was a must for my wedding. The cupcakes were delicious!