Book Your Wedding with Historic Jasmine Plantation

A GARDEN IN PROVIDENCE FORGE, VA

Virginia couples looking for a nearby destination venue that maximizes romance while minimizing planning stress should take a look at the Historic Jasmine Plantation in Providence Forge. Developed in the 1600s, the existing house was built in 1750 and was used by General George Washington in 1779 before his army marched to Yorktown to win the Revolutionary War. This beautiful piece of history has been renovated and restored to become a stunning bed & breakfast and destination venue.

The property features sprawling manicured lawns surrounded with native Virginia trees. Stone statues and fountains break up the landscape and charming antique street lamps help light up the evening. A lighted wire gazebo sits near a large white garden trellis. A square wooden gazebo offers another option for couples to exchange vows during their outdoor ceremony. The venue offers packages based on the number of guests expected to attend and the day of the week chosen for the event. The Historic Jasmine Plantation can put on a grand celebration for up to 300 guests.

Weddings booked at the Historic Jasmine Plantation will include use of onsite tables and chairs with padded seats. Outdoor tenting is provided and features a hanging chandelier and brick flooring. Alcohol can be served from the custom bar set up adjacent to the tent. In addition to the chandelier, the venue offers perimeter lighting and icicle lights. A back-up generator ensures that power outages won’t ruin the special day.

All 40 acres of the property including the Manor House are reserved for the bridal party’s exclusive use. Seven full suites are available for overnight or weekend stays. Each package includes the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. Rehearsal dinners are held in the Manor House’s Magnolia Room and can accommodate up to 50 guests. Outside catering is allowed or the venue is happy to help arrange dinner. Upon arrival, the tent will be set up with tables and chairs and ready to decorate. The venue maintains a preferred vendor list but outside vendors may be allowed upon approval. On-site rentals are available along with on-site planning and coordinating services.

If a couple wishes to elope, the Historic Jasmine Plantation is located just 10 minutes away from the local courthouse so obtaining a marriage license is no problem. Staff members at the venue will be happy to serve as witnesses. Antique furnishings within the Manor House create a historical backdrop for smaller ceremonies.

• Chandeliers hanging from trees
  • Continental breakfast
  • Private bathrooms
  • Horse-drawn carriages

Beautiful gardens meld with history and romance!

Nestled between Williamsburg and Richmond, Historic Jasmine Plantation is an enchanting place to host an indoor or outdoor ceremony amidst a historic garden backdrop. The 40+ acre plantation property includes picturesque gardens, a stunning 1750s Manor House, a covered terrace, and a permanent marquee tent with drapery, lighting, and brick flooring. Venue rentals include tables, chairs, personalized service, magical night illumination, and so much more! Overnight packages offer seven private suites with private bathrooms, a light continental breakfast the following morning, and free use of our Magnolia Event Room for your rehearsal dinner. Reservations are offered year-round from 2 - 300+!

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

4500 N Courthouse Rd, Providence Forge, VA (804) 966-9836
PINTEREST

A Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Jenn H

We used Jasmine Plantation for our full wedding weekend. Our package included use of the property for our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were even able to have our engagement pictures there. There are TONS of beautiful photo opportunities... Read More here! It was wonderful to not have to travel between locations for the weekend for us and our guests, and all the staff was extremely helpful in answering our questions and making sure that our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. The property is absolutely STUNNING and the owners really make you feel special the entire time.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Athena O

From the moment we stepped on the property, we fell in love!! The grounds are breathtaking and the house is spectacular! The owners were very accommodating with everything from allowing as many visits as we needed to organize our plans, to making suggestions on our seating... Read More chart! We were able to stay in the house the night after our wedding with our bridal party and it really made our wedding night last as long as possible. After dating for 11 years picking the right venue was huge for us and The Historic Jasmine Plantation could not have hit the mark better! I would highly suggest this venue to anyone looking for an amazing plantation venue!

2017-10-06T07:06:50 Response from the vendor

Everything about your wedding was magical! Your family was so wonderful to work with and we loved getting to know you throughout the planning process. Keep in touch; we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Candid P

The best way to describe Historic Jasmine Plantation and the services offered by Mr. Don is AMAZING!!!! First of all the grounds is BEAUTIFUL. The house is so quaint and welcoming. My grandmother sat on the porch for two hours before the ceremony was set to begin. She was... Read More enjoying the calmness and quietness of nature. Mr. Don was so great. He was extremely helpful and accommodating. Whenever I came to the venue, he and I would just end up chatting away. He has a very sweet loving spirit. If you are looking for a wonderful venue, take a visit to Jasmine Plantation. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

2017-09-01T06:32:24 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed every minute of working with you, and we are so happy for you as you start this new phase of life! Your wedding was amazing, and we hope you keep in touch!!! We loved chatting away with you and getting to know you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Blakely M

My wife and I met at the College of William & Mary, and it was important to us to have our wedding close to “home.” We toured numerous places close to the College and in Williamsburg, but none of them felt “right.” Despite it being a little far from Williamsburg, Jasmine... Read More Plantation was absolutely perfect for us. The owners were always responsive to communication, even last-minute emails when it looked like it was going to rain. My wife and her bridesmaids stayed at the Plantation the night before the ceremony, and it was incredibly convenient for them to get ready in the same place they had stayed the night before. Jasmine Plantation had everything our vendors wanted – refrigerator and kitchen space for our caterer, excellent lighting and locations for our photographer, and plenty of parking for our guests. We also used a shuttle service to transport guests from the ceremony to the reception, and Jasmine was more than happy to accommodate two 29-passenger vans. The majority of our guests spent the evening outdoors on the terrace or under the tent; but having an indoor, air-conditioned area in addition to the outdoor space was absolutely crucial for our June wedding. The tent was beautiful, and there was more than enough space to accommodate our guest count (approximately 100). The venue also had sufficient electrical power and outlets to accommodate a live band, and the brick floor was sufficiently raised off the ground to ensure that a summer rain shower would not inundate the dance floor.

2017-08-28T15:00:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks for choosing Historic Jasmine Plantation! We loved being a part of your wedding day! Everything looked so beautiful, and we enjoyed getting to work with you throughout your planning process. We hope you keep in touch and wish you all the best in your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Bridget M

The perfect venue with plenty of picture perfect places, rain options, room to get ready and sleeping arrangements. It was a beautiful place to host a wedding and the staff made sure we had everything we needed, as well as recommended some great venders!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Melissa P

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding! My husband and I wanted a venue that was low key and down to earth and fit in our budget and the Jasmine Plantation met all our needs. The owners are fantastic and Kayla the Event Planner was fantastic! The hospitality we... Read More received was great. We especially liked the plantation because they have a secondary location onsite in case of bad weather for our ceremony. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Jasmine plantation

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Kam

The venue is beautiful and everyone loved it. The flowers were just blooming, and the weather was perfect. People had ample places to take beautiful pictures, and eat, and dance, and sit. And the Smiths are he nicest people ever, and put out a delicious breakfast Sunday... Read More morning. It was really nice being able to set everything up on Friday, stay the night Friday and Saturday, and leave Sunday morning after a lovely rest.

Wonderful venue and staff

Reviewed on 4/13/2014 Erin M

The owners and new event coordinator did an excellent job of being flexible and accommodating. We had a wonderful experience and could not have had a better wedding. Would recommend this venue to anybody looking for a plantation wedding

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 11/17/2013

Jasmine was the perfect place for an outdoor fall wedding. It has multiple sites for the ceremony, reception, pictures, and rehearsal dinner. With the bridal party staying there for the wedding, it was perfect for getting ready the day of the wedding. Don and Eileen are... Read More wonderful hosts. For the whole weekend, we were able to focus on family and friends. After looking at multiple places in the NoVa area, it was far and away the most affordable and friendly. Thanks, Don and Eileen, for making my daughter's wedding weekend perfect!

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Joanna W

The Historic Jasmine Plantation was really the place we always dreamed of holding our wedding at! It is absolutely beautiful and we got many compliments from our guests after the wedding about how beautiful it was. They are very easy to work with and offer a lot of different... Read More packages ranging in price, so there is something for everyone. We are so happy we chose the Historic Jasmine Plantation for our wedding venue and loved holding our special day there!

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Emerald V

This was the best part of my wedding aside from marrying my husband. Beautiful location, wonderful owners that were so helpful, no matter the request. They helped everything to run so smoothly. I couldn't have even dreamed of a better location. We even drove all the way from... Read More Mississippi to have this location.

Such a Wonderful Place!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Jessica W

I had planned our wedding from Texas and with all of the help that I had received from the Smith family everything had been covered by the time we had arrived in Virginia. The grounds are so beautiful, we were able to get beautiful pictures from just about every angle. The house... Read More has so much historic charm. We had rented out the seven suits and with all of our wedding party staying at the plantation lots of wonderful memories were made! Our wedding would not have been such an amazing experience with out the help and hard work from the Smith family! I would not have wanted to work with anyone else for this special occasion!

A great weekend thanks to Jasmine!

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 Brianne K

Had a wonderful experience at Jasmine Plantation for my May 25th Wedding. The grounds were gorgeous, the rooms beautiful and the owners were so accommodating!

Gorgeous Venue!

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Diana N

I highly recommend the Historic Jasmine Plantation. It's an all-in-one place for the ceremony, reception and overnight stay- including a rain plan! The property is beautifully maintained and they are always making improvements. If you don't want to have to do a lot of... Read More decoration, this place is perfect, because it's so beautifully done. I can't say enough great things about it. Book here, and you'll be a happy bride!

Amazing Wedding Location

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Amanda S

Jasmine Plantation could not have been a better pick for us as our wedding location for a spring wedding. The grounds are beautiful, the house is charming. The overall feel of the place is welcoming. The guests adored it. We had a blast staying overnight with our friends! Eileen... Read More and her family are the perfect hosts. It could not have been more perfect!!

The Jasmine Plantation was amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Tarren C

Everything about the Jasmine Plantation was what I had hoped it would be! The owners, Don and Eileen are great! they are so easy to work with, easy to get in touch with, had everything set up for us, cleaned up after us, etc. everything went smoothly, the placed looked... Read More beautiful, and everyone was complimenting the location. Staying at the plantation felt like I was at home. They make you feel so comfortable there. All the guests loved it! I couldn't be happier and I would strongly recommended the plantation to anyone planning a wedding!!

Jasmine Plantation- Everything I Dreamed and more!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Audrey T

Don and Eileen at Jasmine are absolutely amazing. They're the nicest, most accommodating people that I know and hands down beat all the other people I dealt with at other venues. This place really gives you the most bang for your buck. It was absolutely worth every penny. All my... Read More guests raved about how beautiful the place was. It really was everything I dreamed of and more! Boom now! It fills up quickly!

The Comfort of Home

Reviewed on 5/20/2012 Anna M

I am from Florida and my Husband is from New York. When we moved to Virginia, we had no idea where to have our ending. Lucky for us, we found Don and Elieen at Jasmine Plantation through the internet. They welcomed us into their home immediately. We rented the plantation for... Read More the weekend and it was the best money we ever spent!!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Christina W

Don and Eileen with the Jasmine Plantation were wonderful to work with. They take great care of the wedding venue and really make you feel like you are living in your own home while you are staying in the Inn. Their hard work made my wedding day go off without a hitch, even... Read More though the outdoor ceremony was rained out! I would definitely recommend their location for a wedding venue to future brides.

Convient & Classy

Reviewed on 8/31/2011 Kelsey H

I absolutely loved working with the owners who where available to answer all of my questions and let me stop by to show friends and family the plantation. It was one of the best decisions we made to have our ceremony and reception at this location. They are pros at what they do... Read More and made the day go smoothly. It is also a GREAT place for photos both inside and out.

Perfect Fairytale Setting

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Claudia L

Don and Eileen, the innkeepers, were wonderful to work with for the entire year leading up to the "Fall in Love" theme wedding on 10/23/10. The weather was perfect, the venue for the whole weekend was perfect as was the yummy breakfast on Sunday morning for the wedding party.... Read More The innkeepers were behind the scene workers, but were always available for whatever help was needed. There have been so many positive comments received by mail, phone, Facebook and email. Everyone enjoyed a lovely afternoon and evening. Most of the compliments were about the joy and love in the air felt by all that attended--for Ashley and Greg in the most festive and beautiful setting. Some have even said that this was the most fun wedding ever, bar none!

Don & Eileen Smith

Starting a wedding venue was a way to celebrate the most important things in life - love and family. The venue began when our family moved south from Pennsylvania and purchased Historic Jasmine Plantation in 2005. Don's nearly 40 years of experience in historical renovations, building custom homes, and gardening melded perfectly with Eileen's eye for vintage decorations and gorgeous antiques - plus the venue gave us the opportunity to be near our twin sons who were attending the College of William and Mary! We are grateful that we've been able to run this business as a family since then!