Historic John P Furber Farm - NEW BARN VENUE

Twin Cities Area, MN

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Historic John P Furber Farm - NEW BARN VENUE

The Historic John P. Furber Farm is located in Cottage Grove, Minnesota, only minutes from the Twin Cities area. It's the ideal location for couples who want a rustic ceremony and reception. The barn was built in 1947 and originally used for milk cows. It has since been remodeled and used successfully as a ceremony and reception site for years. The bride and groom are welcome to call for a tour to see the available indoor and outdoor spaces.

The Barn. The only reception space on the property, the barn is able to welcome 500 of your friends and family members. When the weather isn't looking good, the space can also be used for a ceremony. Inside the barn, you'll discover sparkling chandeliers, a dance floor and a two-story silo bar. The second floor mezzanine provides an option for pictures and a unique look at the festivities below.

The Grounds. Couples can say their "I dos" under a decorative arch in the great outdoors in sunlight with a fresh country breeze. The ceremony site is a field with sunflowers with the valley as your backdrop. Because the site faces the west, you'll also enjoy beautiful sunsets. There are enough benches to accommodate 500 guests and the aisle measures 68 feet by 6 feet.

The Historic John P. Furber Farm provides several services for its guests. The entire barn is heated and air-conditioned, making it available for celebrations all year long. It’s also handicap accessible, with attached bathrooms so guests won’t need to go outside or to another building to use the facilities. There are also two projector screens for displaying photos or sharing a prepared video. Although candles are not permitted, sparklers can be used outdoors.

The Historic John P. Furber Farm works exclusively with three local caterers, and each has a liquor license and can handle bar service for your reception. When it comes to the wedding cake, the bride and groom can use any company they wish, so long as the company has a valid license and insurance policy. As a result of city codes, all festivities must end by 11:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights.

To-be-weds will find the provided bridal suite hard to beat. It offers stunning views of the valley and has a kitchen with a full refrigerator. There's also a large bathroom, two closets, a vanity and a comfortable seating area. The room is located on the second floor of the barn and has a lockable door. The groom and his groomsmen also have a room to prepare for the wedding. The room is equipped with a pinball machine, poker table and a kitchen area with a mini-refrigerator and a built-in countertop. There's also a comfortable sofa and a closet.

Other extra perks include:

• Chandeliers
  • 60″ round tables (each seats up to 8 guests)
  • Chiavari chairs
  • Outdoor and Indoor ceremony options
  • Main level bathrooms in the barn
  • Onsite parking lot
  • Free wifi-ATM Machine
  • Outdoor area treated to get rid of mosquitos

Elegant Barn Venue- Must See

This is an elegant barn with an industrial chic vibe that is a MUST SEE on your Venue list! Our barn boasts beautiful chandeliers, a 2 story silo bar, second floor mezzanine for guest viewing, and rustic decor for your event. We have a spacious bridal suite overlooking the valley, to get our brides ready with plenty of room with a view! Don't worry gents, our generous sized grooms suite, equipped with poker table and pinball machine, won't disappoint. We host outdoor ceremonies normally, but with the size of our space, the option to move in the barn for inclement weather is provided. We also have on-site parking for 200 cars and attached restrooms so you don't have to rent them. We look forward to hosting your unforgettable event for you and your guests soon. Contact us to set up a tour.

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Shuttle Service, Transportation

7310 Lamar Avenue South, Twin Cities Area, MN (651) 336-4421

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Megan N

My daughter was married and had her reception at the Historic John P Furber Farm on 7/8/2017. From the first contact, Angi and Wayne were quick to respond and open and available to questions we had throughout the wedding process. They are very professional and great to work... Read More with- a really wonderful couple that made us feel like part of their family, they truly wanted the wedding day to be perfect for us! They have a list of preferred vendors, which was very helpful, the vendors we used all worked together and made everything look better than we could have imagined! On the day of the wedding, Wayne and Angi were both on site to check in throughout the day to make sure we knew the codes to the bridal suite, all questions were answered and to let us know how to contact them if we needed anything. At the end of the night, they helped us pull off a surprise fireworks display for the guests and helped us clean up and gather our things. All of our guests LOVED the venue, the perfect blend of rustic elegance with plenty of room for our 275 guests to move around inside and play yard games in the front yard. Not to mention how great it was to have a barn venue that was air conditioned and comfortable on a hot July day! The Bridal Suite is absolutely beautiful we used the kitchenette and full bathroom with shower- plenty of mirrors and comfortable couches which made for a relaxing start to the day for the bridal party! I would highly recommend the Historic John P Furber Farm venue and Wayne and Angi for the perfect wedding experience- we could not have been happier with everything!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

My daughter used the John P. Furber Farm for her wedding reception a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was in awe of this beautiful place. This barn offers everything a bride and party needs to make this day a success. The bridal suite is not only beautiful, but spacious enough... Read More for professionals to do hair an make up on-site. The barn is so stunning, you can save a few hundred dollars by not decorating since there really is no need. The barn was open to us all day which gave us plenty of time for set up and hair/make up. The barn owners, Wayne and Angi were so helpful, whenever we had questions or needed anything, they were right there to help. Our experience with them for the last year and a half has been nothing but perfection. The day of the wedding, there was some confusion with the bar service and for whatever reason, it didn't appear we would have any. Wayne and Angi took control and within 15 minutes they had resolved the confusion and our bar service was on it's way. This wasn't their role or responsibility at all, but they just jumped in and helped out. They also were really great about explaining things about the barn we could do to help keep it cool and thank God it was indeed cool and comfortable as a result. They checked in on us throughout the day to make sure everything was working properly for us and were so excited to see us enjoy the barn and have a great day. They really were the kindest people and I felt like they were just more friends sharing our day. Such a great experience and I'm hoping more people we know use the venue so we can spend more time there. I would recommend it to anyone. If there is such a thing as a perfect venue - this is it.

2016-10-25T08:35:04 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Katie T

When I first started looking for a venue I was overwhelmed to say the least. After searching a few venues, my fiancé and I decided to "pop in" on the barn (we should of made an appointment but thats how we are). I was truly warmed when Angi introduced herself and gave me the... Read More best welcome. We got to talking and she ended up giving me the whole tour. After a few more visits to other places my heart was set on the barn! I am so enthusiastic to get married at this venue! After researching many venues in the area I found there were no barns that even compared to this beauty! The amount of work Wayne and Angi put into this beautiful establishment is amazing (and what bride isn't excited for AC in a barn in the middle of July?). I also was ecstatic to find an establishment that holds a large amount of guests who are all able to be a part of the wedding. It is TRULY breathtaking and I am so excited to share this place with the ones I care about most!!!

2016-10-25T08:31:56 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Teresa O

We loved our special day! As two brides it was amazing to feel welcomed by all vendors associated with the venue as well as Wayne and Angi! Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Kaylee S

Absolutely gorgeous venue. Owners meh. I am the bride mentioned in the review made by Frank S. For starters the venue was absolutely gorgeous and the venue was everything that I had hoped my BIG day to be....visually. However, I do have to agree with my father in saying that... Read More the customer service and communication was lacking. Being the bride, I was very busy all day, therefore I did not notice this as an issue until the end of the evening - when I experienced it first hand. I had 10 individuals that were in charge of tear down & removal of our decorations at the end of the evening. We had until 12AM BY CONTRACT to remove all of our items from the premises. However, immediately upon the end of the reception at 11pm, the owner began rushing us out. She was moving all of our stuff that we had designated people to be in charge of. She started throwing things on tables, in piles, and even went through the grooms room and put items and belongings in random bags. It took us weeks to get all of the belongings that were stuffed into random bags back to their rightful owners in our wedding party. Many that reside out of state. It was 11:15 pm when she began rushing and telling us we needed to be out. I had arranged for this to be done by 12AM, as contractually promised. There was no need for her to be acting as hastily and inconsiderately as she had. Things then became a mess and rushed because she was acting in this manner. She was even asking members of my family if she could throw away decorations, those of which belonged to others or that were rented. I then had to make my wedding party and guests wait on the shuttle bus for me because she was acting in this matter; becuase I had to make sure things were actually being handled how I had originally arranged. Despite what was said in the owner's response to my fathers review....she did not speak to me once throughout the entire evening, not even at the end when she was throwing my things around and rushing my family out. Also, my dad was NOT smoking in the doorway when the door was slammed in his face. He was getting instruction from me = the bride - when she slammed the door in his face. I know they had a wedding the next morning at 8AM, but that should not give her the right to treat us the way she did, or to disregard the contract that we had signed and agreed to. Angi and Wayne, thank you for letting us use your beautiful venue, it is absolutely gorgeous. However, I would suggest taking these examples as constructive criticism to reevaluate the way you handle situations and treat your paying customers in the future. My husband and I worked our butts off to single handedly pay for the venue. It should be safe for one to assume that for the thousands and thousands of dollars we spent for the venue.... that respect and common decency would be included.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Jessica B

Huge barn, beautiful ceremony site and amazing owners that are easy to work with !

2017-12-07T05:56:57 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2017

I have always wanted to be married in a barn and when I saw this place I knew this was it. The amount of work Wayne and Angi put into this beautiful barn is amazing. I also was ecstatic to find an venue that holds a large amount of guests who are all able to be a part of the... Read More wedding. I am so excited to share this space with everyone on my special day!

2017-10-30T08:06:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Brandon D

This is one of the most beautiful venues around! I had such an amazing experience at John P. Furber farm. The owners Angie and Wayne Butt were very friendly and easy to work with. I would most definitely recommend anyone to get married or have an event at this venue! You will... Read More not regret it, breath taking!

2017-10-30T08:06:52 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ashley P

We just had our wedding here on August 12th and it was hands down the best day of our lives. Angi and Wayne were so easy to work with. We are so blessed that we got to get married at such a beautiful venue!

2017-10-05T21:21:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! We loved having you here at the Furber Farm!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Jenn B

The John P Furber Farm does not disappoint! This venue is beyond gorgeous and the owners are amazing to work with, they were responsive and professional and worked with us on the details that we needed. My guests still continuously compliment the venue. We had about 200 people... Read More and there was so much room for people to mingle and enjoy the day. The Bridal quite was the perfect set up, we had three hair stylists and a make-up artist on site, and there was still plenty of room for people to hang out. The ceremony site was everything we needed, plenty of room for guests and everyone could see what was happening. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a rustic elegant wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lisa D

Unique venue with excellent service! We had a great experience!

2016-10-25T08:29:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your special day with us!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Krystina J

AMAZING VENUE! It is very hard to find a "barn" venue like this. Not only does it have unique character and charm, but it also comes with amazing amenities. The bridal suite and groom's suite was such a great added touch and allowed everything to go so smoothly because we... Read More didn't have to travel between getting ready and the ceremony and the reception. Because it has the capacity to fit 500 people, it was a great option for us with our larger wedding. We had 325 attend, and we still felt that there was plenty of room for everyone to move around and dance. Wayne and Angie, the owners, are a pleasure to work with. They were extremely helpful and responsive with any questions we had, and they were there to help every step of the way whether it was questions regarding the venue itself or recommendations for other vendors.

2016-10-25T08:30:45 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

Beautiful remodeled barn venue, that was large and well kept. We had a great time!

2016-10-25T08:32:51 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

2016-10-25T08:33:10 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amy G

Perfect for any wedding size and so beautiful you may not even want to decorate!! Angi and Wayne have done extensive work to the barn and made the rental and day of process easy.

2016-10-25T08:33:33 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Matthew N

John P Furber Farm is one of those locations that when you pull up, you actually lose your breath. This venue is absoutly spectacular! All your dreams can come true at this place. The venue has amazing room for dinning, an upstairs to accommodate more seating or a place to have... Read More card games going on(that's what we did for the older family members!) and of course the price is perfect. You get so much bang for your buck here!

2016-10-25T08:33:42 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Andrea D

Loved the venue... But didnt enjoy using Adajio. I ran into lots of frustration working with the company, but loved our dj. Some of the frustrations we had was when my make up company would send their liability insurance info. It took thw owner of the make up company getting... Read More involved to get the issue resolved. It also bugged us that the farm had various contracts saying and allowing different exceptions for the brides they were hosting. And what really bothered us was when we requested the ac be put on our request fell on deaf ears. Then when we addressed the issue with an email their reply made it seems like we were to blame. We made the day work although we were drenched in sweat. Our photographer had to touch our photos and it worked out in the end.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Crazy B

The best barn venue in all of Minnesota and Western Wisconsin!

2016-10-25T08:34:30 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lucía L

all the good owner's disposition a bride can ask for! Everything was perfect

2016-10-25T08:34:47 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sarah S

This venue is beautiful. I found out about it through a co-worker, went to the open house and fell in love! There were some bumps along the way but that was understandable due to the venue being so new and newly renovated. The owners were great to work with, always willing to... Read More work with my odd hours! If I were to do it again I would wouldn't choose another place!

2016-10-17T17:00:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you very, very much!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amanda K

I cannot express my gratitude and thanks towards Angi and Wayne for our amazing wedding day, and the experience leading up to it. They were so professional in all of their interactions, however wanted to also get to know us as a couple rather than all business. The venue is... Read More beautiful beyond words, and our guests have not stopped talking about how much they also loved it. The ceremony site outside and adjacent to the barn works so well to move directly inside for the reception. The decor is breathtaking, and therefore little to minimal decorations were needed which definitely helped our budget. We planned our wedding in just under 4 months, and it went so smoothly thanks to everyone involved.

2016-10-25T08:31:33 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Alexandra M

I don't even know where to begin. This venue is like no other. Sean and I booked this venue when it was dirt. It literally looked like they just took the cows out of the barn. But if you knew Angie and Wayne you would understand why we could make that kind of gamble. This... Read More couple has transformed this beautiful barn into something so special and unique. They were so helpful on the wedding day and the days leading up to it. The venue is perfect for a big or small crowd. There is plenty of space and plenty of ways to tweak things and make it your own! It has been so fun to see what every bride does differently for their own day. I think my absolute favorite part is that the barn itself is enough. Decorations are great but not even needed here. Of course every bride wants to design their own center pieces and put their own taste to things but I would have been just as happy walking into this place without doing a thing. The barn is beautiful enough as is. My entire family was impressed with its beauty and I'm so excited to see pictures of many weddings to come in this place. God bless this couple, God bless this venue, and God bless the future couples to experience it.

2016-10-25T08:35:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much and for sharing your special day with us! We are so grateful for folks like you two that saw our dream come to reality! God Bless!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Lauren E

PART 1 of 3 I am posting this here as the owners have not answered a single question in my response and have told countless lies about me and my wedding day. I hope this doesn't happen to any other bride... My response to the Butt's replies on a few reviews here: Hello Wayne... Read More and Angi, After taking some time to decompress, I feel I am now ready to write a response to you and your replies online. First of all, I see no need to edit your posts to mention us specifically by name and wedding date and I would kindly ask for you to take that down… but if you feel better by doing that, go for it. However, your replies have now left me speechless as you stated, Angi. Here are my thoughts to your response, Angi: I would sincerely like to know how I was a “very difficult bride?” What did I demand you do more of!? If you mean my “demand” about the café lights... Wayne offered to add more in the sections that I wanted. We rented our own café lights to do just that, but he offered. So blame him for that one. I asked you one simple question confirming that those would be up and you responded that I was “driving you crazy.” The screenshot of our conversation is attached. We rented 9 strands of lights and I needed to know if I should bring a ladder to put them up or not. As a business owner, if doesn’t matter if 100 people ask you the same question… you treat everyone with a smile on your face and answer the question. Am I supposed to know you had been “bombarded” with repeat questions? That shouldn’t matter. I asked you once. I deserve an apology for the way you spoke to me. If you mean my “demand” for letting us in the venue the day before… we are very appreciative of that and made that clear. But when we toured the venue a year and a half ago, we were told we could use the space the day before if there was no wedding then. You simply told us we needed to extend our wedding insurance, which we did. There was no wedding on that Friday, which means the venue would have been sitting empty anyway. If it was truly an inconvenience, you did not mention that or let that show. Angi, so much of your reply is a lie. The following are lies: 1)“I have not received an email from this bride in months.” False. We exchanged emails on: 7/14, 7/11, 7/6, 6/30, 6/20… I could go on and I could take screenshots of all of the emails if you need me to. If you did not like to be contacted via FB messenger, you should have told me you preferred email communication, instead of holding multiple conversations with me via FB. I figured FB was easier; my mistake. 2)“I never told her that I blocked her because I couldn’t deal with her anymore.” False. You told me straight to my face the night of my wedding when I asked you if you blocked me on FB messenger that you blocked me because “you needed a break.” Attached is a screenshot showing that you blocked me when I tried to reach out to you about the alarm. 3)“Nor did I say the bride is “driving me crazy.”” False. Again, please see the screenshots attached. You mentioned “You guys are driving me crazy with these lights.” You guys = me as one of them. As a wedding venue owner, you must realize that brides will be checking in with you constantly about their upcoming wedding. We are spending thousands of dollars for one day. We have the right to confirm information with you. You state, “Don’t worry, we got this.” Well yes, a bride will worry, and has every right to. PLEASE READ PART 2 & 3

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Wayne and Angi are the most hospitable people I have ever met and I have known them for 20+ years! They would go above and beyond to make everyone happy at any length (outside of breaking the law)! I have worked in this business for ever and I encountered a wedding party very... Read More much like this one! It was a huge wedding that served their guests a plated lunch and they had steak & lobster for their set down dinner, I am sure it was close to a $100,000 wedding! They also had free alcohol for the entire day, to make a long story short the wedding needed to be shut down and the police were called in because the bride & groom as well as the majority of the guests turned a beautiful wedding into a drunken brawl! I personal was not at the event that was held at the Furber Farm, but I do know first hand that when alcohol takes over often times things can get very out of hand and sometimes very dangerous! I guess if I was a Bride & Groom considering this Venue I would be very excited to know that the owners care enough about their clients to make sure nothing like that was ever to happen at their venue!! If one negative review affects your decision to use this venue then that is very unfortunate! Please contact Wayne & Angi if you have any doubts about what happened that night at their venue! Don't let one unhappy customer spoil your chance at the most beautiful and accommodating venue in the Twin Cities! Debbie Baker

2016-10-25T08:36:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

I saw this barn go from an unused dairy barn to a well planned and perfectly executed wedding venue. Wayne and Angie spared no expense in creating a memorable and unique place for couples to celebrate their new life together. Wayne and Angie have a true passion for making your... Read More celebration a success. Old Cottage Grove has seen nothing but smiling faces and happy couples at the venue. I have plenty of wedding reception experience in past employment. There will always be "Bridezillas", drunk and belligerent "Uncle Joe" and other people that demand more than they agreed to in the reception contract. They won't be happy no matter what you do for them. So if you read comments that sound out of place with the majority. Just discard them as people that can't behave themselves at a terrific party. We have all seen them. Wayne and Angie are wonderful, kind hearted people with plenty of experience and are passionate about making your day, memorable. Gary Eddy

2016-10-25T08:36:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Gary!

Wayne and Angela Butt

Wayne and I purchased our historical property in 2010 so that Wayne could build his model train layout in the barn and to fix up the 1850's Italianate style home. God sometimes has other plans for us so we ended up fixing up the barn instead! Our new plan is to have weddings in the barn and on the property to raise money to fix up the historic home, take it back to 1850, and incorporate it into the venue. Now we have the honor and privilege of creating so many happy memories for so many people!