H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center

Cincinnati, OH

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center

Greater Cincinnati's largest premier florist and garden center. Please visit our website or give us a call.

Centerpieces, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Preservation, Flower Arrangements

6000 Plainfield Road, Cincinnati, OH

Flowers were beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Brittany S

We used H.J. Benken for our September Wedding. The staff was fabulous to work with, and very helpful! Our flowers turned out great, and I was especially impressed with what they put together for our Ceremony (as I basically left it up to them based on our personal flower... Read More selections). There was one issue with our cake topper but the delivery woman was very quick to fix it and you would have never known the unwanted flowers in the arrangement were ever there! Thank You!

Beautiful Flowers for a Great Price

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Mandy M

I was hesitant to go with H.J. Benken since they are so well known in Cincinnati-I was really nervous that they would be super duper expensive for what I had available in my budget. However, after comparing their prices to (get this) KROGER'S FLORAL DEPARTMENT, Benken had more... Read More bang for my buck! The wedding coordinator there was incredibly helpful with working within our budget, and had lots of fun and creative ideas for complimentary colors, types of flowers, etc.

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Kayla

Somehow I forgot about flowers, and I only had a little over 2 months left until my big day... I called H.J. Benkens Florist and they fit me in for an appointment the next day! We picked everything out right there. I was told I'd get my quote within a week, but it was in my... Read More inbox the very next morning! I was not only impressed with the beauty of the flowers, bouquets, etc...but floored at their professionalism. The day-of delivery came right on time (with a few minutes to spare!) and we got dozens of compliments on the bouquets all day. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stunning Flowers & Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Brittany M

Our wedding was 9/25/2015. We worked with H.J. Benken initially because our center pieces came with our reception package but after meeting with Robin, we had no reason to go anywhere else. We did price out other vendors but the level of customer service sold us. Robin was very... Read More helpful and extremely flexible. When it came to flowers, originally I wanted just the basics. I updated our order a good 3 times. Each time I made a change Robin and her team were responsive and so kind. Our flowers & center pieces were everything we hoped for and more. They gained a customer for life out of us due to the AMAZING services they provided.

Wonderful experience. Beautiful flowers. Great service

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Christina W

I highly recommend Robin at Benkens. Going in, I really only knew that I wanted red roses in my bouquet & was thrilled to find a rose that matched my color swatch exactly in their cut flowers cooler while my mom and I waited on our appointment. I mentioned it to Robin upon... Read More meeting her, and she knew right away it was a Freedom Rose. Other than that I really had no idea what to pick for my maid of honor's bouquet (only 1 attendant, small wedding), reception table centerpieces, or ceremony flowers. Robin offered great suggestions showing us several examples that they had on hand and also photos online. She listened to our questions and concerns and met with me in person 2 weeks later to answer my questions before finalizing the contract. I never felt like she pressured us to buy more than we needed and when we decided we would need a few more plants or arrangements for the ceremony 2 days before, she suggested adding a few more ferns which was much less expensive vs. cut flower arrangements and worked well. The quality of the flowers was excellent and delivery was on time. I met with one other florist and there was no comparison. Robin and the other women in the Benkens wedding department know what they are doing.

Wonderful experience, beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Stacy B

We used H.J. Benken for our wedding ceremony/reception flowers. I am someone who is not very familiar with flowers. I really needed someone who had a lot of experience to help me pick out what we wanted. I definitely found that at H.J. Benken! Robin helped us during our... Read More initial appointment. You could really tell how experienced she was, and she did an excellent job of helping us pick out the flowers that we wanted. The flowers were delivered on time and set up for us the day of. They looked absolutely beautiful! I was very pleased with H.J. Benken and would recommend them for your Wedding Day flower needs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Emily M

Totally get your wedding flowers here!! The entire staff made the process of getting my wedding flowers way too easy for me!! They were very fast on responding to emails and setting up additional in-person visits for me! The flowers were GORGEOUS!!!!!! Must use!!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Vanessa W

Robin and the Benken's team did an amazing job bringing my vision to life for my wedding flowers! I had a very specific idea in mind of what I wanted and Robin worked with me to make it happen. She even texted me a picture of my wedding bouquet on the night before the wedding,... Read More which I loved! And she called me the day after the wedding to make sure it went well. I was touched and would definitely recommend their wedding services! Thank you Robin!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Kelsey P

I was extremely happy with H.J Benken. I absolutely loved the flowers! The staff at Benken were great and extremely willing to do whatever they could to make sure the wedding was perfect. I was blown away with how beautiful the centerpieces and bouquets were. H.J. Benken was the... Read More perfect florist and I definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Michelle M

At our consultation appointment, Robin was very helpful and patient in giving us guidance on which flowers would be good with our colors and season. They are reasonably priced and are able to provide beautiful alternatives to those on a budget. For example - If you have a family... Read More member or friend that can pick up the flowers, it will save 10%! When I called to make changes, Robin was quick to respond. I received a call from Robin the day before our wedding that she was not happy with the quality of the flowers that came in, so she was making some changes. It meant a lot to know she cared enough to send back the flowers so the quality was good! Everything turned out beautiful! Highly recommend :)

Stunning! Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Lauren R

I showed up with a reference picture and they made it into something that was truly stunning and absolutely gorgeous. My flowers took my breath away. The staff truly know their stuff and they are so easy to work with. They truly make sure that you are getting exactly what you... Read More want. You get your money's worth when you go to H.J. Benken.

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Kiran K

Robin helped us pick out the perfect flowers and customized them to fit our needs. The pickup/return of the vases after the wedding was also included, which wasn't the case at some of the florists. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

Our wedding flowers were everything we expected and more. Robin was wonderful to work with. She made us feel very comfortable and helped make the flower process so very enjoyable. The end result was amazing and the service was on time and perfect. I would recommend them to all... Read More future brides.

Beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Leah R

Benken's provided my personal flowers and also the centerpieces for the reception. The bouquets turned out so wonderfully and they exceeded my expectations. Robin was wonderful to work with, and anytime I needed to make adjustments to my proposal, she was very quick to respond... Read More to my needs. The flowers are very high quality, and almost a week and a half later, my bouquets are still looking very much alive. We picked the centerpieces with the hydrangeas and candles and they worked so beautifully with our venue and our theme. The gentleman who delivered the flowers was also very easy to work with and he was very punctual. I would definitely recommend Benken's to anyone getting married in the Cincinnati area!

Purely Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Emily A

We booked The Oasis for our reception venue and with their wedding packages you get fresh flower centerpieces from HJ Benken. My mom was excited about this in general and even more excited that it was HJ Benken because of their awesome reputation around town. We went ahead and... Read More did all of our flowers through them. Our meeting with them went so well. There is a book of about 25 set centerpieces that you choose from for the reception and some people may feel limited by this, but I felt like there were plenty of choices; multiple designs, heights, etc. were covered in these set options. I ended up choosing 2 different options to do on every other table - half tall, half short. They worked with our wedding colors and showed me a flower close to the shade of blue we were going with. This flower was perfect for the tall centerpieces while I used white gerber daisies (my favorite flower) for the short centerpieces. Picking out the bouquets was just as easy. I knew what I wanted for the bridesmaids so that was quick. Then I had a picture to share for my bouquet inspiration. They started naming flowers that would make up my bouquet and knew exactly what they were talking about. I said sure, sounds good :) haha. Then I mentioned possibly wanting white hydrangeas for the boutonniers to match the bridesmaids' bouquets. They talked through it with me and shared their knowledge and advised against it because they aren't a strong enough flower necessarily for that. They are delicate flowers. I understood and didn't want the flowers drooping at all so we went with ivory roses instead (my bouquet was going to have roses so it all pulled together still). Everything turned out perfectly. My bouquet was identical to the picture I showed them. It felt light which was awesome - some bouquets can get sooo cumbersome and heavy. Mine was just right! The bridesmaids hydrangea bouquets were full yet light and just gorgeous against the blue dresses. My only complaint is that the flowers arrived 2 hours earlier than my scheduled delivery time. Luckily it was a cool day and we have a basement storage area that stays quite cool. We put the flowers in there until we were ready to leave and it worked out for us.

Felt ignored

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Andrea L

My fiancé and I made an appointment because our venue's price included centerpieces from HJ Benken. It was our first time meeting a florist and we expected to actually see the flowers, but we could only look at pictures of them. She spent the entire time trying to force us to... Read More use roses or daisies (both of which we didn't want) and we felt like no one would listen to us. We ended up picking centerpieces out of frustration and then I called and canceled the order the next day.

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Stephanie S

We used HJ for our centerpieces through the Oasis as well as personal flowers. The arrangements were beautiful. They also work with you to get the flowers you want at a good price.

Perfectly simple...

Reviewed on 4/18/2013 Kristen P

All we wanted was a natural simple setting and HJ Benken did exactly that. They had beautiful flowers all over the greenhouse and worked with us to create centerpieces that were within our budget and exactly our style.

wedding flowers on 11/17/12

Reviewed on 1/16/2013 Ashley B

I worked with Ashley Nienaber from Benken's who was amazing! I was not sure what kind of flowers I wanted, but at my consultation appointment she took my ideas and created the perfect mixture of flowers for me. The company was great about staying organized and sending me email... Read More reminders when payments were due. This was a vendor that I felt I could trust to deliver beautiful flowers for my wedding.

amazing flowers, even better service

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 Sara R

Our experience at H.J. Benken was wonderful from the start. Ashley met with my fiance and I and helped us navigate what we wanted and what we could afford. She was very knowledgeable about all kinds of different plants and flowers, very patient with us guiding us though all the... Read More details, and cheerful every time we talked. You can tell she loves what she does. She was wonderful in keeping the lines of communication open and letting us know when she would be there and what to expect. On the day of our wedding, Ashley was there and very professionally and artfully she set up our many displays. I was most impressed by her while she was trying to set up a floating island display for us. Although she had never done one before, she was excited about the challenge and ended up climbing across this dock and over the water to get it put in place just so. Her attention to detail and her drive to get everything perfect for our big day have ensured that we will definitely be using H.J. Benken for all our future floral needs. Oh, and as I am writing this it has been a month since our wedding and our centerpieces are still alive and brightening up our table.

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Lesley D

We loved our flowers for both the ceremony and the reception... Ashley was great to work with and everything turned out just like we wanted it to!

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Gabriella I

I was more than pleased with the bouquets and boutonnieres I received from H.J. Benkens. While I had a vision for my bouquets, I let them use a lot of their discretion and creativity and the result was lovely! I was pleasantly surprised by the final result of my bridal bouquet... Read More and the other small pieces used throughout my reception hall that I had asked them to create. Overall, their customer service was wonderful and I loved visiting to get a chance to smell all the flowers in bloom in the garden center during our meetings.

Beautiful, but Pricey

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Sheilia S

I discovered H.J. Benken at Wendy's Bridal Show. Their display was mostly Orange flowers, which is what I wanted for my August wedding. Their facility is bright and beautiful. We were a little upset that we had to wait 1/2 hour to see the florist, even though we had an... Read More appointment and were on time. Besides that, the woman we met with was very sweet and helpful. She showed us some beautiful designs, however, in the end, they were unable to come up with what we needed at a price that would fit our budget.

Reviewed on 8/26/2012 Allison Y

My flowers were gorgeous and my service was friendly and helped me a lot.

Beautiful work!

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Courtney V

We loved H.J. Benken's work. We had additional interior landscaping done with some trees and plants, they did a fantastic job! It was exactly what we imagined it would be.