H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center

Cincinnati, OH

H.J. Benken Florist & Garden Center

Greater Cincinnati's largest premier florist and garden center. Flowers are an elegant touch for every special occasion. With over 70 years' experience, our designers have the broadest experience that ensure you get the flowers and the look you want for the occasion.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Fashion, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Preservation, Flower Arrangements

6000 Plainfield Road, Cincinnati, OH (513) 891-1040

Flowers were beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Brittany S

We used H.J. Benken for our September Wedding. The staff was fabulous to work with, and very helpful! Our flowers turned out great, and I was especially impressed with what they put together for our Ceremony (as I basically left it up to them based on our personal flower... Read More selections). There was one issue with our cake topper but the delivery woman was very quick to fix it and you would have never known the unwanted flowers in the arrangement were ever there! Thank You!

Beautiful Flowers for a Great Price

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Mandy M

I was hesitant to go with H.J. Benken since they are so well known in Cincinnati-I was really nervous that they would be super duper expensive for what I had available in my budget. However, after comparing their prices to (get this) KROGER'S FLORAL DEPARTMENT, Benken had more... Read More bang for my buck! The wedding coordinator there was incredibly helpful with working within our budget, and had lots of fun and creative ideas for complimentary colors, types of flowers, etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Kayla

Somehow I forgot about flowers, and I only had a little over 2 months left until my big day... I called H.J. Benkens Florist and they fit me in for an appointment the next day! We picked everything out right there. I was told I'd get my quote within a week, but it was in my... Read More inbox the very next morning! I was not only impressed with the beauty of the flowers, bouquets, etc...but floored at their professionalism. The day-of delivery came right on time (with a few minutes to spare!) and we got dozens of compliments on the bouquets all day. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Julie H

We had an amazig experience with Benken florists for our May wedding. I came in for the consultation with a relatively clear vision and they completely exceeded my expectations. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Catherine B

We used Benkens for our wedding and could not have been more pleased. Robin and team listened to my ideas, and offered advice and ideas on how to bring everything together, all while sticking to my initial budget. I wanted a darker colored mix of flowers and candles, not the... Read More bridal norm, and they embraced my vision, making it a reality. They were fabulous to work with, and I would absolutely choose them again!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Haylie Y

I cannot say enough great things about Robin at HJ Benkens! My wedding flowers were beyond my expectations!! Absolutely GORGEOUS and I received so many compliments on my bouquet as well as all of the flowers in our wedding. Robin is so easy to work with and she always does her... Read More best to take your vision and make it become a reality. I was blown away when I saw my flowers for the first time. They were absolutely gorgeous and I am so glad we chose this company.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Renee S

Robin and Janet are the perfect wedding team! I planned my wedding from out of state and we were able to handle everything over the phone and through email. They perfectly understood my vision, made recommendations to help keep me within budget, and even sent me a text of my... Read More bouquet on my wedding day to make sure it was exactly what I wanted. I can't say thank-you enough for making this a stress-free process!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Kelsey W

My flowers turned out so beautiful! Robin was super helpful in making my dream bouquet a reality! It was also nice that they delivered the flowers to our venue so we didn't have to worry about picking them up. Would definitely recommend getting your flowers from here!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jacob B

I was so pleased with H.J. Benken as my wedding florist! From first meeting with Robin, I was at ease. I showed her a couple of pictures that I liked, and she immediately knew what I wanted. I loved how she explained different flowers (since I have no knowledge of this... Read More whatsoever), and going to a different florist afterwards, I felt like I knew all these flowers from previously coming from Benken! It was a no-brainer after comparing florists who I should use. Communication was simple, and the result was phenomenal. Robin sent me pictures of the bouquets the day before the wedding, and I loved that! There was a slight mix up on the wedding day, and before I could even blink, Robin was at my venue fixing what was missing from my bouquet. She also followed up in the following weeks to make sure I was satisfied. I could not say enough great things about H.J Benken!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Jenn D

H.J. Benken was so delightful to work with. I actually had won flowers from them for Valentine's Day, and because of that decided to set up a consult for my wedding flowers. The consult was probably 6 most after I won the flowers. I walked in for my consult and they remembered I... Read More won the flowers! I was amazed that they remembered and I thought to myself that this company truly cares about their customers. Based on that alone, I knew I wanted to book them for my wedding. Robin was so helpful, along with the rest of the H.J. Benken crew. My flowers were so beautiful and I got so many compliments. They even dried out beautifully. Thank you so much, H.J. Benken!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Megan K

Robin did a wonderful job helping me figure out what I wanted in my flowers and centerpieces. I was truly lost before I had my consultation with her, but she was INCREDIBLY patient and helped me brainstorm ideas by showing me pictures of past events and throwing in personal... Read More advice. she was adaptable when I brought in items I wanted in my centerpiece and offered honest opinions when she thought things would work really well or if they wouldn't match. The delivery team arrived promptly and left us really clear instructions on how to move the decorations if we had to move to plan B due to the weather (which we did have to make that last minute decisions). Overall, the staff at Benken's was so easy to work with and extremely helpful - we would recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Fiona B

We used Benkens for our wedding on May 6th. Robin did such a wonderful job of taking my ideas and making them beautiful. I was very laid back about what flowers I wanted to use, just knew colors. She showed me a couple different options and I knew I would like them all the day... Read More of the wedding. When our flowers showed up that day, I was so excited and loved how they looked all evening long. I can't be thankful enough for Robin and her team for making our flowers a beautiful part of our wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Danielle G

H.J. Benken works with Oasis where we had our wedding. They're included in our package for centerpieces. The centerpieces were amazing and we had a good selection of options included with our package. Of course, you could upgrade for more elaborate centerpieces but I was very... Read More happy with the ones included. We also had them do our bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and our colonnade topper. I was so impressed with how well it all turned out! I didn't really giver her much to go on and she far exceeded my expectations! My bouquet was so gorgeous! The colonnade topper was stunning and went so well with the colors I'd chosen! I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Bridget G

Benkens works with Oasis, where our wedding was held. My bouquet, the center pieces, corsages and boutonnieres were all beautiful. I showed Robin one photo of a bouquet I liked and mine looked EXACTLY like it at a very reasonable price. We highly recommend H.J. Benken Florist!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Meagan S

I had such a hard time finding a florist I liked, it was the only aspect I really struggled with during planning. Then, I met with Robyn at H.J Benken! I absolutely loved the level of professionalism yet everything still felt so personalized. My flowers were STUNNING. I loved... Read More bouquets for the bridesmaids and I as well as the boutonnières for all the guys. Every single guest mentioned that they LOVED the centerpieces and several people commented that they loved their size because they could see each other! Thank you so much H.J Benken!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Nickol M

I had gotten a quote from another vendor and didn't get a great impression on their internal communication or timeliness. H.J Benken was on my shortlist and decided to reach out to them with only only 4 weeks to go before our wedding. I was able to get an appointment that same... Read More day. Robin took nearly 2 hours to go through options with me to ensure that I got something I would be happy with. Some colors and flowers were out of season by my date, and she made suggestions for alternatives that would give me the same feel. The flowers were PERFECT! I had used a shell casing for the groom's boutonniere , and cut beer bottles for centerpieces; I just dropped them off and she and her team took care of the rest. The price was well within our conservative budget for a guest list of 200. I would highly recommend them for their quality, responsive and creating an overall pleasant experience.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Michelle M

We had a great experience with HJ Benkens for our wedding flowers. We worked with Robyn during the planning process. She listened to our needs while also providing helpful and experienced feedback. She was quick to respond to our communications. I thought the prices were a... Read More little higher than average, but the quality and expertise was definitely worth it! I would recommend them again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 mica b

Everything was fabulous. The flowers were beautiful and the service was fantastic too. Robin our floral coordinator was absolutely great. Would absolutely use them again!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Kristin S

Robin and the staff here do an AMAZING job with their work! We recently had our wedding over Labor Day Weekend and we could not have been happier with the flowers and centerpieces for our wedding! Robin was nice enough the day before my wedding to send me a picture of the... Read More flowers and to me that showed she truly cared about us and our happiness! All of the flowers looked beautiful and were VERY affordable! We will absolutely be using H.J Benkkens again for our floral needs and will HIGHLY recommend them to all future brides! Thank you Robin and staff for making our wedding so beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Betsy C

Thank you so much for everything! The flowers came out exactly as I hoped and the service was fantastic! Thanks for everything! I would definitely recommend this company!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Priya P

Robin and the team at H.J. Benken's did a great job with our wedding centerpieces! They were able to take pieces that we provided and incorporate them into the floral designs. We also really appreciated that they were able to tailor our designs to our budget and still make... Read More everything look fantastic.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Lindsay N

I had my wedding at Stonelick Hills Golf Club and our flowers looked FANTASTIC with the scenery! My bouquet was beyond perfect! The centerpieces, the decorations, everything had the right amount of coral to blend in perfectly! Robin did an amazing job putting my ideas into... Read More reality! I highly recommend them!

Stunning Flowers & Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Brittany M

Our wedding was 9/25/2015. We worked with H.J. Benken initially because our center pieces came with our reception package but after meeting with Robin, we had no reason to go anywhere else. We did price out other vendors but the level of customer service sold us. Robin was very... Read More helpful and extremely flexible. When it came to flowers, originally I wanted just the basics. I updated our order a good 3 times. Each time I made a change Robin and her team were responsive and so kind. Our flowers & center pieces were everything we hoped for and more. They gained a customer for life out of us due to the AMAZING services they provided.

Wonderful experience. Beautiful flowers. Great service

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Christina W

I highly recommend Robin at Benkens. Going in, I really only knew that I wanted red roses in my bouquet & was thrilled to find a rose that matched my color swatch exactly in their cut flowers cooler while my mom and I waited on our appointment. I mentioned it to Robin upon... Read More meeting her, and she knew right away it was a Freedom Rose. Other than that I really had no idea what to pick for my maid of honor's bouquet (only 1 attendant, small wedding), reception table centerpieces, or ceremony flowers. Robin offered great suggestions showing us several examples that they had on hand and also photos online. She listened to our questions and concerns and met with me in person 2 weeks later to answer my questions before finalizing the contract. I never felt like she pressured us to buy more than we needed and when we decided we would need a few more plants or arrangements for the ceremony 2 days before, she suggested adding a few more ferns which was much less expensive vs. cut flower arrangements and worked well. The quality of the flowers was excellent and delivery was on time. I met with one other florist and there was no comparison. Robin and the other women in the Benkens wedding department know what they are doing.

Wonderful experience, beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Stacy B

We used H.J. Benken for our wedding ceremony/reception flowers. I am someone who is not very familiar with flowers. I really needed someone who had a lot of experience to help me pick out what we wanted. I definitely found that at H.J. Benken! Robin helped us during our... Read More initial appointment. You could really tell how experienced she was, and she did an excellent job of helping us pick out the flowers that we wanted. The flowers were delivered on time and set up for us the day of. They looked absolutely beautiful! I was very pleased with H.J. Benken and would recommend them for your Wedding Day flower needs!