Holding & Co. Photography

LA | OC | SD | DESTINATION

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

LA | OC | SD | DESTINATION (818) 422-2104

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jessica R

Words cannot express how much my now husband and I love Kevin and Julia. From our initial meeting until the day of the wedding, they have always stayed in touch and reassured us that our day was going to be memorable and they would get capture that in their work. Their... Read More photographs are not only beautiful, but creative, unique, and sentimental. Our family and friends loved them and have not stopped talking about how the Holding crew felt more like our family than photographers at the wedding. Along with Kevin and Julia, their assistants Aaron and Nick hold special places in our hearts and only helped make our memories of our day. We cannot wait to see our final pictures and continue our relationship down the line. They are a must to check out if you are getting married or live anywhere in Southern California.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Melanie C

Holding & Co is SUCH a worthy investment!! They totally captured our wedding in the most artistic way and in a way that we will never forget. They are so artistic and really have a good eye for the camera. The best part about the whole day was that I totally forgot that I was... Read More even being photographed for much of the day! They allowed me to just live in the moment on my wedding day and not worry about posing certain ways. They captured it in the moment as things were happening! I was impressed with how well Kevin & Julia work together as a married couple and how they complement and encourage each other. They worked SO well with our videographer also! We all had a great time that day. They even picked out a photography spot for us when we weren't sure where to do it! They were very timely with the photos and you can tell they took their time with each and every one of them. People were so shocked when they saw how good the photos turned out! Both engagement and wedding. I am so surprised more people don't know about Holding & Co! I will definitely be calling them again to capture our next major life event!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Ruby B

We are so happy we hired Kevin & Julia. They are so professional and make you feel so comfortable while shooting, as their saying goes "feels weird, looks good." You will not regret hiring them, yes they are on the pricier side but you get what you pay for. (In my opinion why... Read More would you want to be cheap on the one thing that is going to last more than 1 day.) On our wedding day, not everything went as planned and they were ready with plan "B" and "C!" Now we are happy to have such beautiful memories of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jenny H

Kevin & Julia are top notch! I'll get to their stunningly talented photography skills in a moment, but we need to speak about them as professionals first. They were a dream to work with! With all the stresses going on with wedding planning, all the balls you have in the air, it... Read More was so refreshing to not once be concerned with anything related to our wedding photos once we hired these two! Memories will fade with time and your wedding photos will be all that you’re left so we wanted to make sure that we were in the right hands. We hired them to shoot both our wedding and engagement photos and both shoots were absolutely amazing! And also, a lot of fun! Our wedding venue was a dark basement speak-easy, so naturally getting photos with good lighting was a big concern of ours. Kevin and Julia’s portfolio made it quite clear that not only could they be artistic, they were also incredibly talented technically. Seriously, stop reading this review and hire them! But, if you want to keep reading here are a few things our wedding guests had to say about our photos: ‘Guys, these are phenomenal!!’ ‘Wowzers! You two are such a good looking couple and these pictures do an amazing job capturing that!’ ‘Wow, these are stunning!’ ‘These are so adorable and they really capture you!!’ ‘Your wedding looked breathtaking! These photos are ON FIRE!’ ‘Stunning photos! Simply, stunning!’ ‘These pics are AMAZING!!!’ ‘Now that’s a photo album!’ ‘I’ve been waiting for these photos because I knew they would be amazing… wedding album? Vanity Fair spread? Who knows?!’ So, if you want very talented professionals who take incredible photos that everyone will be jealous of, hire Kevin and Julia!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Beth J

When Matt and I discussed the priorities for our wedding celebration, photos were at the top of our list. The wedding day flies by all too quickly and it was important to us that we have high quality images to really capture that fleeting, but extraordinarily important moment in... Read More our lives. In our first meeting with Julia and Kevin, they said it best: your wedding photos are an heirloom, passed down from generation to generation. That resonated with us. We came across Holding & Co. while researching photographers in our area and fell in love with their style, rooted in photojournalism. Their photos are not only beautifully done, they perfectly capture all of the many "moments" that encompass the emotions and events of your wedding: the nerves, the private moment you share with your husband or the laughs you have with a bridesmaid in the dressing room. It's all of these memories that you are going to want preserved for years to come. They took the time to make sure they captured those cherished moments. And not all photographers spend the time to touch up all of the many photos that make up your entire wedding portfolio. That attention to deal was a selling point. We also liked the fact that Holding and Co. is a husband-wife duo. That made us feel like we could really get it all - from both my point of view as well as Matt's. Beyond the photos, we loved Julia and Kevin as people. They are laid back, silly, thoughtful, kind, and meshed well with Matt and myself. This is incredibly important, especially if you aren't used to being in front of a camera. They helped us remain ourselves and helped that come across in all our photos... while also making us look good ;) We can't recommend them enough. Thank you, Julia and Kevin, for giving us an heirloom our family will cherish for generations to come. It means the world to us!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017

Kevin and Julia are very easy to work with. They made us feel very comfortable in our engagement shoot and because we felt at ease, our pictures turned out to be fantastic! Not only that, they are very reliable, honest and trustworthy. It was a cold rainy day on the day of our... Read More engagement session and because of the weather condition, it made it almost impossible to take photos. I was a bit bummed out as I've had my make up done professionally but Kevin and Julia are such great sport and handled the situation so well. As the rain poured, we went inside for shelter at a café. Kevin & Julia were so sweet to even treat us apple cider drinks and we hanged out for a bit and it was like we've known them for a while. We ended up having to reschedule the shoot but we still attempted to take some photos when the rain lessened and guess what? THE PICTURES ARE STILL AMAZING that you can't tell it even rained! Thank you Kevin & Julia! :) - Jozelle + Michael

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 MICHELLE I

My husband and I were trying to find the perfect photographers that captured those candid moments for us until we met Julia & Kevin. They were exactly what we were looking for. Our photos turned out to be amazing! They even went above and beyond and made some special effects... Read More for some of our harry potter photos with our wands. We couldn't be happier with our photographers and money well spent! They made our Harry Potter wedding come alive with these photos!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenny G

Within this digital age, finding a photographer for your wedding can quickly become an overwhelming task, so let’s break it down into just a couple categories for a winning photographer. First category: CHARACTER. From personally working in the industry for years and working... Read More side by side with the 2006 Professional Photographers of Western Michigan (PPWM) photographer of the year, I learned which critical element sets apart one photograph from another… attitude! Many great photographers are passionate, skilled, and well marketed but only a few are truly able to display a customer mindful attitude under pressure. Realistically, something won’t go as planned during your engagement session and/or wedding day. No matter how small or big, a winning photographer will provide resolution without it even phasing their positive attitude. Adapting to the environment, instilling calm confidence, all while getting the perfect shot is exactly who Kevin and Julia are! Second category: ARTISTIC ABILITY. Now with the digital age, anyone can take a 100 pictures instantly and chances are that at least one photo will be decent. But who wants just “decent” photos or worst, who will leave things to “chance” on their wedding day?! Kevin and Julia have invested time and learning to develop their skills and talents as photographers. Their artistic ability and precise eye will capture details you never thought were possible in a photo! Third category: TEAMWORK. Now a days the dreaded wedding day battle between vendors seems to be happening all too frequently. Kevin and Julia do not fall within this unethical trend. Kevin and Julia will work seamlessly with any and all of your vendors allowing everyone to perform at their highest potential! Thank you Kevin & Julia for making our day one we will always cherish!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 sarah p

What would I have ever done if I hadn't stayed up late clicking around on the internet and stumbled upon Kevin and Julia's website? I don't know. But if someone is reading this and wondering if they should drop these guys a line, PLEASE DO. My dream wedding photographer in... Read More Portland Oregon was far out of budget, and I was so let down over it that I didn't know what to do. Somehow I ended up on Holding & Co's website, and I was so impressed with their candid shots and timeless, artistic, and clean photography style that I had to drop a line. Kevin and Julia were so professional. They were more concerned with making sure our personalities and visions matched than they were with simply booking a wedding and after talking to so many other photographers, that resonated with me. After several phone calls, a couple face times, and a copious amount of emails, we realized we just simply couldn't have anyone else photographing our wedding. They collaborated with us on engagement photo location ideas and showed up a couple hours early to set up shots. The pictures were amazing, almost editorial even, and the shots were well composed and showed great technical skills. We had them come up to Portland for our wedding day and they were so communicative and put up with our extremely long 11-12 hour event like it wasn't even an issue. They were polite with my other vendors, they were so patient with my overwhelming family, and they seemed so excited to be there photographing my wedding. I haven't second guessed this decision once. We just received our photos and I'm already having problems trying to figure out which ones I want to hang in my home - I want to have a blow up of every single one! It makes me so happy to be able to relive my wedding day through Kevin and Julia's camera lens and we don't hesitate to recommend them to our friends even though we're almost two states away. Thanks Kevin and Julia!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Danielle F

Kevin and Julia were an absolute delight to work with. From our adventurous engagement shoot in the snow to our perfect wedding night. Kevin and Julia made us feel extremely comfortable and helped us enjoy our night. Not only was it a blast working with them but, the pictures... Read More are beautiful and they grabbed candid and all the details of our wedding. The two of them work as a team and use their experience to make sure that you get the pictures you had always dreamed of. The quality of their service is top notch and they will do about anything to get the correct shot :) haha. They are also very responsive towards emails and/or any questions from the first day of inquire till months after your wedding. They could not be MORE professional, they are always on time (if not early) and both are very prepared with all of their photography equipment. All they want is for you to be happy and they are willing to work with you for anything you may want. They are not only professionals but are just such good people. After we had our engagement shoot we were so looking forward to hanging out with them again for our wedding. We also had the pleasure of using their videographer for our wedding and it couldn't have been smoother. They took care of everything also from that side and it was nice to have them all work together on the wedding day. We both highly recommend Kevin and Julia for photography and/or videography for your wedding. You wont regret it and you will be extremely happy!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 John W

I am so happy I choose Holding and Co. for my wedding!! My husband and I were married in June and luckily Kevin and Julia were our photographers. My sister is a photographer, and since she was maid of honor, we knew we would need to hire a different photographer for our... Read More wedding. My sister searched high and low for the best photographers in our area and she found Holding and Co. My husband and I met with them, and we were sold! Their work is absolutely stunning- they are creative, talented, and consistent. And to top it off, they are such cool and fun people! My husband hates having his photo taken, so he was a little nervous about having to spend a whole day with a photographer following him around. But he had a great experience with Kevin and Julia! He says that Kevin and Julia both made him feel natural and not awkward at all. I felt the same way and actually had a great time chatting with them on my wedding day! They are funny and easy to be around, yet they do an impressive job of slipping into the background so that you forget they are there and act like yourself. And most importantly- their work is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE our wedding photos! They are unique, and artistic and they are anything but the usual corny wedding photos. I am so happy that we will have these photos to cherish forever. If you are looking for the best wedding photographers around, look no further than Holding & Co.!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Should i just say that i had my wedding 3 months ago and i know it sucks i was not able to do a review from that time on.. But now please consider this review as part of your options. These guys are AMAZING!!! I know that i never disappointed myself and my husband from choosong... Read More them.. They are very professional. Always on time with meetings. Answers bunch and bunch of questions of mine whether texts pr emails as soon as they can and on the main event you cannot see them just sitting around. I never even noticed they ate dinner already coz theu are always aroind the place. You can never go wrong with this couple Kevin and Julia and also their assistant Brittany FYi.. She is such a darling too.. Their pictures are more than amazing that you can even imagine yourself. We had our engagement photoshopt with them as well and Julia was so even helpful to propose a place where to shoot it and it was a great one too😃!! I hope this review helps you brides out there to choose them.. You will never be disappointed and you will always treasure this moment for the rest of your lives!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amy B

We could not be happier with our photos from Kevin and Julia. Not only are they an absolutel pleasure to work with, they are amazing at what they do. From the moment the first shot was taken, they make you feel comfortable and at ease with being the focus of attention which can... Read More sometimes be awkward. As other reviewers say, they do whatever it takes to get the shot. Our engagement shoot was in Joshua Tree and they stayed way later than planned just so we could get an incredible night shot. They put themselves out there and the images they capture leave you breathless. As my husband and I went through our wedding pictures there were so many small moments we didn't realize had happened in the chaos of the wedding day. Kevin and Julia captured every small moment and then some. Our biggest problem now is that we like so many of the shots, we can narrow down which ones we want to blow up and hang on the wall! When you work with Kevin and Julia you truly feel like you're working with close friends. They are an incredible team and I can't recommend them enough to ANYONE looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Melina B

Kevin & Julia were beyond amazing... I come from a photography family where my father is a cinematographer and I grew up behind the viewfinder myself, so finding a photographer we deemed worthy for our wedding was a real challenge -- until we met these guys. To say they were... Read More perfect would be an understatement of the century. They were down to earth, fun, easy going, compatible with our personalities and truly affordable. Their style matched ours and their execution was flawless. You will not go wrong with these two whatsoever. Whatever you do -- make sure you do an engagement session with them prior to the wedding to let them get to know your style, personalities and comfort level in front of the camera -- it will make all the difference in the final quality of your wedding photos! These guys are pros and they were a blast to work with. You needn't look any further -- lock them down now!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

We simply can't say enough about Kevin and Julia! We could tell from the moment that we met them that they were the real deal. Professional, courteous, and knowledgable. They work so well together to make sure that each moment is captured, and they do a phenomenal job to make... Read More sure it's done right. We just got back our wedding photos and could not be more pleased. We'd also recommend the videographer that they work with. The highlight video of our wedding was fantastic. Thanks to Scotty and his crew. More than anything else though, they are down to earth and will listen to what you want. And they'll suggest ideas if you don't know what you want. You'll likely end up spending more time with these two than anyone else on your big day, and we certainly made the right choice. Thanks again guys!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Breanne G

My husband first met Kevin and Julia as a groomsmen in a friends wedding a couple of years ago and then again in another friends wedding a year later. They are SO awesome we couldn't wait to book them ourselves when we got engaged and we keep saying we can't wait for another... Read More friend to get married so we can work with them again! Not only are they amazing at what they do, but they have the perfect mix of professionalism and fun! All of our photos are so perfect because they made us feel so natural! Even the coordinator at our wedding venue said they were the best photographers she has ever worked with! Not only is their work absolutely stunning, but it is unique and artistic as well, and I love that they went above and beyond to capture moments we didn't even realized had happened during our special day. If you are looking for an "outside the box", creative, fun (but still very romantic) vibe for your photos, they are definitely the ones to go with!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Maria Aurora F

My husband was a groomsman for his best friend's wedding in which The Holdings were the photographers so we decided to check them out and glad that we did. In comparison to other photographers they did a great presentation of services available, value for those services were... Read More unmatched, and their personalities gelled well with ours. They were flexible when it came to scheduling our engagement pictures and adjusting to time changes on our wedding day. We have received many compliments on our photos and recommended them to everyone we know who is getting married. They were truly a pleasure to work with and everything was seamless and they were never "in your face" to get pictures. We loved how everything turned out! Thanks so much Kevin and Julia!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jennifer R

We absolutely loved working Kevin and Julia. They made our engagement and wedding day photos so much fun. All the photos turned out amazing. We would use them again in a heartbeat given a chance..

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Susan S

Once my husband and I found Holding & Co and talked with Kevin the first time, we stopped looking. We flew Kevin and his partner out to New York for our wedding and we are SO GLAD we did! They are so much fun to work with and professionals to the nth degree! Our guests said how... Read More friendly they were and they also dressed up for the occasion (no black hoodie or black jeans - super dapper - much appreciated!!!). Our photos turned out beautiful! They also did a day-after shoot for us in the snow in New York in JANUARY and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I am in love with those pictures and they feel so special because they really captured our relationship. It didn't take long for Kevin to figure out our personalities and he really captured those well in all of our pictures. Holding & Co is awesome!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Sara R

We LOVED Holding & Co. Upon first meeting Julia and Kevin, we loved them. They are very passionate about their work and it shows. Our engagement session could not have been more fun and our wedding shoot was exceptional! They definitely know what they are doing! Our photos were... Read More awesome!!!!! Thank you very much Holding & Co!!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016

First, Kevin and Julia Holding of Holding & Co. are amazing, easily the most professional and best photographers I have ever worked with. My wife and I had the vision of a high fashion shoot in the low desert. We hit the Googles to find a good photographer to meet us in Death... Read More Valley, and Holding & Co. popped up. Immediately upon viewing their site we knew they had the vision we were looking for. We typed up our request and sent it off, with one additional note, we live in the DC area so there would be a three-hour time difference to take into account when communicating. Julia got back to us quickly, and made working out the logistics so easy. Even with hotel expenses included in the rate, Holding & Co. had amazingly reasonable prices. Since we booked over two months out, they did an amazing job of keeping in contact with us and we discussed the locations in detail, and the kind of images we were looking for. Holding & Co. made the entire set up effortless on our side. We arrived at the first location for a sunset session on the Death Valley Dunes with no worries that Holding & Co. was going to deliver everything we hoped for. After the shoot was complete, Holding & Co. remained in contact until the final product was delivered. Everything about the experience was perfect and Holding & Co. delivered art. Our photos wowed our friends and family, and we could not be more thrilled with the results!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Jamie

Holding & Co., Julia & Kevin, are without a doubt the best! From the first day we met them, to receiving our photos and videos, we have never been disappointed. They nailed it! Our engagement shoot with them was so comfortable and not awkward at all, they are extremely... Read More personable! Then came the wedding day, they were timely, calm, on-point, patient, and so much fun to work with! They are very organized and made sure they captured everything we asked of them. They are the WHOLE package. The pictures came out gorgeous! They captured so many precious moments and some really cool artistic shots too! It was a great mix. They definitely have 'the-eye'. There videography team was amazing too! They captured so many precious and intimate moments and created an amazing video for us that bring back laughs, smiles, and tears all over again. The Holding & Co.'s attention to detail is superb! We couldn't have asked for a better photography and videography team. The moments they captured are precious, and we are so blessed to have them to look back on for the rest of our lives. We can't wait to have another 'big' moment in life where we can use them again! We LOVE Holding & Co!

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Megan M

Julia and Kevin are amazing! They walked us through the entire process and were very patient with all of our questions. My husband and I live in the North Bay Area and they were able to Skype with us for our first meeting and then reach us by phone and email. They made our... Read More engagement photo session fun and not awkward at all! All of our family and friends have said our wedding photos look like the belong in a magazine and their prices are affordable, especially considering the quality of the photos. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Christopher C

Can i just say WOW! My husband and I were just amazed at how wonderful our pictures turned out! The way the photos were taken was like a story book. Going through our photos really told the story of our day! The pictures are just so beautiful. Truly captured our love story.... Read More Couldn't be any happier!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Lauren W

Choosing Holding & Co., was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding - we are SO happy they were a part of our special day. Julia and Kevin made us feel 100% comfortable. The engagement session was so much fun and taking the wedding photos will be something I will... Read More always remember. We highly recommend Holding & Co!! THANK YOU! Lauren & Brian