Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City

Charlotte, NC

Book Your Wedding with Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City

A BALLROOM IN CHARLOTTE, NC

Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City is surrounded by arts and entertainment venues and is easily accessible from major highways. Couples will love this hotel for its style and sophistication. There is no detail too big or too small that their wedding specialist can't handle, which means the end result is the ceremony and reception of your dreams.

Ballroom. The Ballroom includes a dance floor for entertainment. The space measures 2,000 square feet and can accommodate as many as 150 of your closest friends and family members for a sit-down dinner or 200 for a ceremony or cocktail style reception.

Rooftop Siena. The most popular choice within the hotel is the Rooftop Siena. From here, the wedding couple and all of their guests get stunning panoramic views of the Charlotte skyline. The space is located above the 15th floor and offers 2,000 square feet. This is enough space for 150 individuals to comfortably enjoy a sit-down dinner or for 200 to take part in a cocktail hour.

Caffe Siena Restaurant. Couples in search of a spot for their rehearsal dinner need look no further than Caffe Siena or their banquet space. This on-site restaurant has a private dining room for 20 guests. The culinary team specializes in Mediterranean dishes.

All catering for your special event is handled by the culinary team at Caffe Siena. Couples are welcome to attend a taste test to narrow down menu choices. A few hors d'eouvres to try include the Baked Goat Cheese, Duck Club Sliders and Chef’s Cheese Plate. Moving on to the main entree, Spanakopita, NY Strip Truffled Pome Frittes, or Short Rib Paperdelle. There are also a host of vegetarian and pasta dishes to try if they would be better suited for the guests you plan to invite. As for the wedding cake, the wedding couple is given an allowance for a cake at any of the bakeries on the preferred vendor list. The staff at the hotel will gladly cut and serve the cake for you.

In addition to a wedding specialist, the wedding couple is given the help of a maitre d' on the day of the wedding. There will be a bar that is open for a total of three hours that serves all of your favorite drinks, including sodas for the kids. When it's time for the celebratory toast, the wedding couple can choose between sparkling cider or champagne. All of the setup and tear down is handled by the hotel staff and couples are given complimentary use of floor length linens, mirrored tile centerpieces with votive candles and all of the tables needed to display gifts, guest books and the wedding cake. With the room also comes a portrait easel and credit toward fresh flowers from a preferred vendor.

Out-of-town friends and relatives are well cared for, as a block of discounted rooms are set aside to welcome them. They and you, will have access to:

• Valet parking for the wedding couple
  • Wireless Internet service
  • Handicap accessibility
  • Outdoor swimming pool
  • Fitness gym

The wedding couple is showered with extra perks, such as an overnight stay in a suite that includes chocolate covered strawberries and a complimentary bottle of celebratory champagne. Next, they'll be treated to a free breakfast to get their honeymoon started off on the right foot.

Weddings begin at the Holiday Inn Center City

Located in the heart of Uptown, the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City is the perfect site for your wedding needs under one roof! We offer reception and ceremony sites, private rooms for bridal showers and rehearsal dinners and discounted group rates for overnight accommodations. Contact our wedding specialist, Kat Wrona to learn more about our new, inclusive wedding packages.

Ballroom, Hotel, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

230 North College St, Charlotte, NC (704) 335-5400

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Shannon W

This was a perfect location for my wedding. The roof top provided a perfect location for the ceremony and the ballroom was amazing. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this location to any one.

Wonderful!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2014 Caitlin P

Absolutely loved having our wedding reception here. The staff was courteous to all of our guests and went above and beyond to make us happy. JoAnn, the coordinator, was in constant communication with us during the planning and made sure we were pleased with everything. I... Read More wouldn't change a thing!

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Kelly M

I planned my wedding from out of town and couldn't have been happier. Tracy and Rachel took care of everything for me from day 1. All the recommended vendors from the HICC were wonderful to work with. The food was amazing (we picked the Heavy Hors D'Oeuvres style recption).... Read More Most of our guests were from out of town and loved being in the heart of the city for the weekend. Perfect spot for an Uptown wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Sarah W

I recently had my wedding at the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City and it was fantastic. We had both the ceremony and the reception on the roof. Beautiful views of the city. The food was wonderful and Kat, Bini, and their team were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend... Read More this venue to anyone wanting an outdoor wedding in the heart of the city. Works great if you have a lot of out of town guests needing hotel rooms. HICC has a great wedding package. Thanks for making our wedding so magical.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Donna S

Our wedding was perfect! The view from the roof is breathtaking at night. The staff was very accommodating and made everything run smoothly! Couldn't be more pleased.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jillian W

Overall, I loved every moment of my Wedding ceremony and reception on the Holiday Inn Rooftop setting! It was a beautiful, hot, summer day for our wedding, and I appreciate all that the hotel staff did to make our day so special.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Sara H

I had a horrific experience with my wedding at this hotel. I booked my wedding here 2 years ago & could not possibly be anymore disappointed with this hotel and their staff. My room was fine. Clean, plenty of towels. Nothing special, nothing to complain about either. Other... Read More wedding guests complained of cock roaches in their rooms, issues with room key cards and no hot water. Numerous guests were overcharged upon checkout & charged for things they had not ordered. My mothers bill was 3 times what it should have been. Onto my wedding review: They sell you on things they cannot deliver and/or just simply choose not to deliver. They host 300+ weddings a year &believe me, as a bride you will feel like 1 of 300 on your wedding day. Nothing special about you. They claim since they host so many weddings they are prepared for anything. Could not be any further from the truth. The weather was not on my side for my wedding. Which was fine. No one blamed the hotel staff for the fact that there was a hurricane in Charlotte that day. I blame the staff for the poor, pathetic way they handled this situation. The back up room I had been promised multiple times over the past 2 years had another event booked in it, even though they claim the $750 you pay for the roof is also the hold for the back up space in the event of rain... obviously it's not. They all but told us the corporate meeting that was taking place was more important than my wedding & if they were done in time I could have my wedding in that room. If not, I would just get whichever room was available. The other options looked like dungeons. The wedding coordinator is a sad excuse for a wedding coordinator. She is rude, impersonal & could care less that it is your wedding day. Her job is to book conference rooms, not make a brides day easy or special. Not a single person in my wedding party had anything positive to say about her. I paid extra to reserve a room for my bridal party to get ready in the day of. We didn't have time to go down & get breakfast so we asked what our options were. For a fruit try and stale bagels they charged me $150. then another $45 for water. Seriously? I paid close to $15k to this venue for my wedding plus 20 or so rooms for 2-3 nights from all my guests and you're going to charge me $150 for fruit? $45 for water? Come on. At the reception nothing we were promised occurred. We got our own drinks all night, we didn't get any of our cocktail hour food and drinks as we were promised, we didn't have our meals, which we didn't eat, taken to our room for later, they didn't use all of my decor that I had brought up there. Again all things that had been previously promised to me. My hair and make up artist who has done hundreds of weddings and numerous ones at this venue said she has NEVER seen a bride treated the way they treated me on my wedding day. Had it not been for the vendors that I personally brought in for the wedding and hired outside of the Holiday Inn, my wedding probably would have been ruined. I warn any future brides considering the Holiday Inn for your wedding venue. There is a shortage of venues in Uptown Charlotte and trust me they know it too. You hire a wedding coordinator and a venue to help in case things don't go as planned and to still make it just as special as you had hoped. You won't get that here! They wont think outside of the box when needed or do anything different than they're used too. Search your options, you will be disappointed here!

2016-09-09T16:27:01 Response from the vendor

Each and every couple who allows us to provide them with our services to make their most precious day special is our number #1 priority. We pride ourselves on exceptional service, which is evident from the voices of our couples who were united in wedded... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Michelle T

Karen and her team is AWESOME!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Sheyla W

Thank you very much for the gracious and over the top service throughout the wedding planning process; and especially on our wedding day this past April. It was wonderful and the hotel and wedding staff exceeded our expectations! Sheyla and Joel

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Addie L

Karen and all of the staff at HICC were absolutely amazing. They were so helpful and always very prompt in returning calls and emails. Our wedding day was beautiful and at the last minute rain moved us inside. Karen and her team did an amazing job helping us move inside. We can... Read More not recommended them enough!!

One word: AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Tiffany P

Karen at the Holiday Inn has almost become a second mom to me. I'm a little sad that my wedding is over. She and I worked together for 13 months to plan my perfect day. Catering tasting, timelines, coordinating, last minute changes, ordering linens. The entire hotel staff at... Read More the Holiday Inn Center City in Charlotte is unbelievable. When you have your wedding here, make sure to rent the Olympic boardroom. It's an extremely small price to pay for day of convenience. We used it to get ready in. PERF!!

Great communication and friends all loved their stay!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Angie W

Thank you so much for helping out our guests and providing them a wonderful stay for our wedding weekend. We got married at The Ritz Carlton and most of our guests stayed here. We used the front desk to hand out our welcome bags and all of our friends loved this! The food was... Read More great and staff was super helpful! Thanks!

Awesome Rooftop

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Amy M

The rooftop was an awesome setting for our wedding. It had great views of the city and was very convenient since a lot of our guest came from out of town. The service could have been a lot better. They went through three wedding planners in the 7 months we were planning our... Read More wedding. They weren't organized and had to go over details multiple times. In the end our wedding turned out perfect!

Wedding Packages Full of Value

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Cory G

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at the Holiday Inn, and overall was very pleased with the venue. As part of the wedding package they provided our food for the reception, which was by far some of the best food I have ever had, especially at a wedding. They were... Read More able to adapt the dishes to our liking, changing any sauces or sides, which for a picky eater is very important. In addition, as part of the package the hotel pays for part of your cake, centerpieces, and table linens. Depending on which route you choose to take the package may cover the whole cost of these items or you can upgrade and pay a little more to the specific vendors to make them bigger or different if you choose. I think this is a great feature of the hotel's wedding package because it allowed us to get the wedding cake and flowers that we wanted without having to spend a ton of money because half of the price was already included in our venue portion. We were supposed to have both our ceremony and reception on the rooftop, but due to weather we unfortunately had to use our backup spaces for both. The hotel was very helpful in this transition and tried everything they could to hold out and see if the outside wedding could happen. Once the rain did start they provided us with an additional unplanned backup space that we used to take our posed pictures in, since we could not do them outside. The staff was very friendly and helpful the whole weekend, and they seemed very accommodating. The only reason I do not give the Holiday Inn an overall rating of 5 stars is because of the planning process leading up to my wedding day. I booked my wedding 2 years in advance, and in that time frame the hotel changed wedding coordinators 4 times. This led to some confusion and frustration while trying to make and confirm plans because the person I was talking to kept changing. Luckily the coordinator I had for the day of my wedding was there the last two months before my wedding, which are the most important planning months. However, she too is no longer with the hotel as they have yet another new coordinator. I believe the Holiday Inn offers a great wedding package. Unlike other hotels they do not restrict you to using only their vendors, but they give you options of vendors to choose from. The Holiday Inn gives you the options and lets you personally customize it from there.

Really Disappointing

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 tracy f

When we booked with the Holiday Inn, I was super excited. The rootftop was great, the package seemed too go to be true, and it had so many things included. I know this venue has all fantastic reviews but my experience was not so perfect. To start, my wedding coordinator... Read More changed three times in less than a year. I know turnover is normal, but nothing carried over from person to person. We would have things done and completed, then two months later have to start all over because what was promised would no longer work. We booked during a promotional period to get more extras and the back and that was constantly questioned, we had to re-do our menu a few times because what was possible kept changing, so frustrating. That said, each girl was very kind, very professional, and we like them as people. The day of my wedding was not a good day. Once I arrived to the hotel around 3, I called my coordinator and asked her to stop by because I needed to speak with her. She said no problem, she would be there in 15 minutes. Never saw her. By 4:30, I was sick of waiting and was already a half hour late to my first look. So I sent my mom running around the building to find her. She had no luck and had to leave it at the front desk. We found out the next week that she was with the bride for the next nights with their rehearsal (which apparently took from 3pm to almost 8pm??). I called her numerous times and never got an answer, it VERY stressful to not know what is going on. It also makes me feel really crappy as a person that she couldn’t spare 15 minutes to speak with me but can easily give the other bride two nights in a row. Next, when we were heading over to our ceremony at Midtown Park, there was no 18 passenger shuttle that we were promised. Apparently, it had been in the shop for over a week and no one cared to tell us (even after confirming it would be there on Tuesday for our Friday wedding). So, we had to call cabs and see if our wedding guests could shuttle us around – horribly embarrassing. Finally on the roof and ready to relax, I’m immediately met (literally, as soon as I got off the elevator) and told that we have too many guests and we lied about our headcount. It turns out our family was being antisocial and wouldn’t intermingle so instead of 10 heads a table, they were stopping at 6 or 7. The first hour of my reception, my husband had to deal with their staff and do a headcount. During this ordeal, a conversation was held within earshot of my guests about how to proceed with the extra charges which caused a few people to ask me if I needed to extra help to afford my wedding. UNACCEPTABLE. There is no way to come back from that embarrassment. At this point, my coordinator finally shows back up with little to no solution, just “we’ll look at the numbers and see what you owe.” (For the record, we actually had two no-shows so we were under count.) Throughout the night, we also had numerous wedding crashers. People in jeans and t shirts were coming off the elevators, getting food, wandering around, and leaving. The staff has no regard for this and with the threat of charging extra for those people, I was completely livid. On the plus side, the food was delicious, the drinks were INCREDIBLY strong, and the space was gorgeous. That said, unless they have worked out the kinks of employee transition and have better policies put in place to handle stray folks wondering up, I would NOT recommend this venue, too much disappointment!

Wonderful plave to have a wedding/reception

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Sarah B

Everything about this place my wedding day dreams come true. Absolutly had the most amzing day, everything was perfect. It was great to pay for the wedding/reception all together and not have to worry about a thing. My wedding coordinator was there from beginning to end.

Better than anything I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Allie W

My experience at the Holiday Inn Center City could not have been more perfect! We had our reception on the rooftop (which was beautiful!) I was able to email the wedding planner there will the million of questions that I had and never felt like I was being a nuisance to her. The... Read More food was amazing, the service was amazing! They helped us out with every detail the entire time! I almost can't even put into words how great it was to have our reception here. Our wedding was August 4, 2012 and people are still complimenting me on how much fun they had! I would HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Inn Center City.

Great Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 LaTasha C

We had our wedding on the rooftop and our reception inside the ballroom. Everything was great from start to finish. Rachel the coordinator at the hotel was so patient and supportive throughout the entire process. She really made everything come together nicely. No stress on... Read More the bride :) Everyone loved the venue, food and the open bar :)

Convineint, pretty, affordable, friendly

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Kristina B

We had our wedding on the rooftop in mid april this year and it was fantastic! They recently renovated, so if you've looked here in the past, give it another view now. It's convenient to the airport, near lots of restaurants for rehearsal dinners and after parties, safe place... Read More for guests who drink and need to stay the night, beautiful rooms, and super friendly and accommodating staff. The food was great too!

Cindy & Mike Bogacki

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Cindy B

Our reception took place on the rooftop of the Holiday Inn. We received lots of compliments on the food from our guests. The maitr d did an awesome job setting everything up exactly how I wanted it. My only complaint was the rooming. I had to continually call to make sure... Read More there were enough rooms for all guests which wasn't fun.

AMAZING Venue!

Reviewed on 7/06/2011 Sarah S

Amazing venue, all inclusive with many options. Amazing staff and accomidations. Food and atmosphere is stellar. Highly recommend!

My Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Erin F

I had an absolute blast at my wedding reception! I had my reception venue booked for a year and a half and Rachel (the wedding director there) was nothing but helpful the entire time! She made sure every single detail was taken care of. The venue was on the rooftop of the... Read More Holiday Inn in downtown Charlotte, NC among all of the skyrise buildings. It was beautiful and the food that the hotel restaurant catered was DELICIOUS! Everything I dreamed!

Beautiful Place... Not so great crowd control!

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Mistee C

We had our wedding at this site, and was thouroughly impressed with the area. We had a great Wedding Corrdinator... who went on maternity leave, and was stuck with the replacement! She unfortunately kept counting people who were "Nosey" to the rooftop area, and I was advertantly... Read More charged another fee, or my wedding/reception would not continue!! OMG... We reviewed our guest list after the ceremony, and can only figure from guest input, the people looking on were being counted in our head count! While the party was great, we did get a few complaints from guests the coordinators were rude! The planning, cermony, food ect was great... just don't get unfortunate enough to get the replacement person who is nit used to this role! The value was great, the location phenominal, the view breath taking, the alcohol plenty, the food amazing, the servers splendid, and the photo ops perfect!! I do however feel this could have been a 5 star rating, minus the BIG issue we had!!

Perfect City Wedding on the Rooftop

Reviewed on 5/19/2011 Bethany W

I never would have thought that I would get married in the middle of downtown Charlotte. We had our ceremony on the rooftop. It was perfect! Carolina blue skies and a light breeze. Everyone at the Holiday Inn were awesome. Even the people checking us in at the front were so kind... Read More and recognized our wedding.

Very good

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Christina C

Beautiful hotel, newly renovated rooms, and competitive pricing. The Wedding Coordinators were *fantastic*! They were attentive, flexible, friendly, and really made it a great experience. The rooftop was a beautiful location for our ceremony. The ballroom setup for our reception... Read More was a little awkward, with the dj & dance floor in a corner. The catering and waitstaff were great. We met the head chef at our tasting & it was an excellent experience. Overall, I was very pleased. We had a great weekend & have beautiful memories & photos. :)