Horizon View Farms

Rockwood, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your Country Home Away From Home

You deserve the best for your wedding! Bask In the warm simplicity of country life. With all of the charm the country has to offer, we will make sure your special day is better than what you imagined! Picture your special day taking place at Horizon View Farms. Call us today to reserve your date!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

2393 Chickentown Road, Rockwood, PA (814) 521-8377

Fabulous fun in a gorgeous setting Horizon View Farms

Reviewed on 10/24/2013

I just celebrated with my friends at their wedding and must tell everyone of this fabulous place just 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. Horizon View Farms is a Bed and Breakfast with old world charm, and gracious staff and superb food. Breathe in fresh air and enjoy hay rides,... Read More sleigh rides, hiking and the barn is the perfect setting for your rehearsal dinner or your wedding brunch after the big day. We had country music and line dancing and so much fun and the food was delicious at Horizon View Farms. They even had a horse show and showed us the paso fino horses . This was definitely way more fun and more ambiance than the usual staid ballroom or restaurant.The setting is fabulous for all ages...toddler to gramps!

HORIZON VIEW FARMS A.K.A FAIRY TALE FARMS

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 lizzi b

SPECTACULAR! Just came from an after wedding party for 100 people and it was out of a story book. Beautiful horses and the scenery..to die for! The Barns were decorated with twinkling white lights and the stage was jumping with the sounds of "the girls in black hats". The Farm... Read More has a 5 star bed and breakfast for $125/night!! We went on hay rides and rode horses and ate like a feast from the romans! The hospiality and atmosphere has me still daydreaming I am there. A definite recomemdation for any gathering!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Katie G

My husband and I had our wedding at Horizon View Farm in late September 2017, and it was by far the best weekend of my life. The farm created an absolutely magical setting for our big day and we heard so many compliments from our guests that they felt the same way. We had our... Read More ceremony in the forest area which was absolutely beautiful and then our reception in the red barn. We and our bridal party stayed in the B&B house which was just awesome and comfortable fit all 14 of us at one point! I don't give the farm 5 stars because it does require a ton of logistical planning due to it being so far out. Also, the farm requires its weddings to use Windswept party rentals which I did not enjoy working with as they were much more expensive than other competing rental companies. Though I knew we had to use this company prior to booking the farm, I wish I would have received a quote from this company first since it was the vendor who blew our budget/expectations the most; and while they assured me they were more expensive due to their "above and beyond delivery and quality" they forgot a few items and the linens had wrinkles (despite not being allowed to bring linens myself). Also, Sara seemed to be in charge of the events at Horizon View and while she was a great help for some things, I also felt a lack of communication regarding certain items which created additional unnecessary stresses the week prior to our wedding day. For example, the week prior to our wedding when we are trying to order kegs of beer, I asked Sara if the barn had taps for kegs because when we visited the farm there were taps at the bar.. she just responded "no", instead of informing us that a nearby distributor works with the farm a lot and provides these items as well as ice. We found this distributor purely by chance without her help. We also showed up to the farm for our wedding weekend and saw that the farm had placed even flooring down in the dance floor area which was different than the previous times we visited the farm when it had uneven flooring. This would have been fine except I was not told of this improvement and had rented a dance floor. I was informed that this was done only weeks prior for a bride that "complained" about the dance floor. So in addition to wasting over $700 dollars, I also felt that apparently I should have created more of a fuss about it and they would have fixed it.. this created a very frustrating start for our weekend. These were the more frustrating examples of the annoyances we experienced leading up to our wedding with other small ones. Hopefully the farm can improve it's communications with people renting it in the future. None of these things ruined our weekend. Our overall experience that weekend was amazing and the farm provided the perfect forest - rustic setting we were looking for. I just want to let brides know that, as with a lot of venues, this one requires a lot of DIY/logistical work and I am only posting the negatives to warn brides or as improving points for the farm.

2017-12-06T12:48:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Katie. We love any and all feedback we receive from our brides. We strive to create a perfect memory for each client. I am sorry that any inconveniences caused unnecessary stress, as that is never our intention. In order to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Jordan s

We loved everything about our wedding at Horizon View and so did our guests! It's a beautiful venue and the people are very nice, flexible, accommodating, and helpful. The forest is a breathtaking spot for a ceremony and photos, the whole grounds are gorgeous, and the bed and... Read More breakfast made everything so convenient and fun as we stayed there the whole weekend.

FAIRY TALE WEDDING

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Lizzi B

ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST WEDDING VENUE EVER!! THE BARNS AS ELEGANT AS ANY COUNTRY CLUB, TO BE IN THE HILLS AND VALLEYS OF PA WITH A SOPHISTICATED FARM..5 STAR BED AND BREAKFAST WITH SERVICE TO BOOT! THE VIEWS THE ATOMSPHERE,,,PLEASE CHECK IT OUT..IT WAS AN AMAZING... Read More WEDDING.