Hot Mix Entertainment Award Winning Chicago Radio DJ

Chicago, Midwest, National

World Renowned Chicago Radio DJ Scott Smokin' Silz

Why Hot Mix? You want yours guests dancing! You want everyone to have fun! and you want the planning to be stress-free! We're Chicago's premiere wedding entertainment company with the most sought-after, most acclaimed and most exciting DJ's in the industry and exclusive 24/7 customer service, your reception couldn't be easier-or more fun! Our weddings are some of the best in Chicago! 773-967-9100 Scott is the DJ to the Stars. If you grew up listening to B96, KISS FM, WGCI, V103 or WBMX talk to Hot Mix!

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

3017 W. Fullerton Avenue, Chicago, IL Chicago, Midwest, National (773) 278-2200
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jaime K

All I have to say is, Scott was amazing. From the day we booked him up to the wedding, he was beyond helpful with planning and receptive to any questions. The wedding was a hit, and the guest feedback was all about how great the music was. Lastly, the photo booth was beyond fun,... Read More picture quality was the best I've ever seen. Thanks Scott!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Rachel M

For those reading this review, if you're anything like me, you tend to not trust most online reviews. However, I can 110% honestly say that Hot Mix Entertainment is a must have for your event. Our wedding was two weeks ago and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! I had guests... Read More reaching out to me to comment on how amazing he was and how great the music was. Scott really kept everyone excited and dancing!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Andrew P

Scott Silz from Hot Mix did a phenomenal job! He was professional from start to finish, catering to all your needs and making sure the flow of your reception will go perfectly. From showing up early to ensure proper set up without technical difficulty until take down at the end.... Read More He has a perfect announcement voice, and great song choice to keep the party moving. One of the best parts for us was that we love electronic music from deep house to bangin' techno, and he was able to go flawlessly from the classics and some hip-hop straight into it, while keeping the dance floor filled! Everyone was impressed and excited that we got to have a wedding and entertainment of this style! Would definitely recommend Scott if you want the best music of any genre, and if you want it to flow properly with great equipment, sound, lights, and no hassle! And for the price you pay you're getting significantly more quality than you would any other service, thank you Scott! :)

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Angela P

Scott was great. We felt confident with our choice in him leading up to the wedding, and the job he did during the wedding was perfect. Everyone danced the whole time. We only gave him vague guidelines and trusted him to do a lot of the selecting, and we were super happy with... Read More all the music he chose. Another positive is the software he uses. It made it easy to select songs for dancing and different points during the wedding and clarify details with him. Payment and coordinating phone appointments with Scott were also very easy. Would definitely use again. Thank you, Scott!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Beth M

DJ Scott is one of the best DJ's around. His friendly personality made planning my wedding from across the country very easy and stress free. If I had any questions or concerns I would just e-mail them and get a response back immediately. Scott made the ceremony, cocktail hour... Read More and reception go by without a hitch! He is seriously the best! I could not be any happier that I chose Hot Mix Entertainment.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Daisy F

Hot Mix provided our DJ, Lighting and Photo Booth and did a fantastic job! Very easy to work with, offered a lot of valuable information, responded quickly to all of our questions and most importantly rocked the house. Everyone had a great time and our friends were out on the... Read More dance floor from start to finish. Thank you for making our wedding special.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Dara W

Absolutely incredible experience with Hot Mix Entertainment as our wedding DJ! Our wedding reception was SO FUN because Scott played the best music that kept everyone on the dance floor!!! We also used Hot Mix Entertainment for up-lighting, pin-spots, and the photo booth which... Read More were all incredible. We are sooo happy we were able to book Hot Mix Entertainment, because they are undoubtedly the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Alvis T

Hot Mix was by far our best vendor. Music was a big priority for us and we wanted to make sure we could get a great mix of 90’s and Top 40 plus some oldies for our parents and their friends. We saw Scott at House of Blues one night when he was spinning there and so we knew we... Read More were making a great decision to hire the best and the best is Scott and his team at Hot Mix Entertainment. Our friends and family were out on the dance floor from start to finish. Scott is a great emcee and really represented us well.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Valarie W

Our best decision was to hire Scott Silz and Hot Mix Entertainment! Scott was everything we were looking for and more. From the time the dance floor opened, until the last song was played, he had the crowd completely engaged. His services were worth every penny!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Serena M

I’m serious when I say we literally planned our wedding date around when Scott Smokin SIlz was available. We went to a friend’s wedding about 2 weeks after getting engaged and the first decision we made in planning was to hire Scott to do our wedding. We didn't even consider... Read More another DJ. His team was incredibly responsive and I liked that Scott made sure everything we wanted was taken care of. Scott had a lot of great advice when it came to planning our ceremony, reception music and lighting. Our reception was a wild party and way more fun than we could have imagined.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Karen H

The made my wedding absolutely amazing. Everything was perfect. The music was on point and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Hot Mix did an amazing job. Everyone was saying it was the best wedding they ever attended and I believe the music played a huge part in that.... Read More Hot Mix is/was Amazing

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Medina W

Simply a pleasure to work with! We met with Scott (our DJ) and didn't even think twice about meeting with another company. Scott was nice, knowledgeable, and extremely professional. We would recommend Hot Mix Entertainment to anyone and everyone! Scott knocked our socks off with... Read More his skills and our wedding guests are still raving about him!! In fact, the day after our wedding, 2 of my friends called to find out who our DJ was so they could hire him.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Sandra F

Picture 150 of our friends and family complementing our finely crafted playlist that kept everyone, of every age, up and dancing the entire night. Now imagine that all we really did was select the right DJ, Scott Smokin’ Silz and he was actually the one who masterminded our... Read More perfect wedding. During the most stressful day we’ve ever planned, we got top quality customer service. Hot Mix Entertainment listened, took detailed notes, were extremely attentive during our face to face meetings and follow up emails, and were truly comforting in the days leading up to the wedding itself. Thank you for a very special night!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Brunetta B

Hot Mix Entertainment/Scott Smokin' Silz are amazing to work with. I have had the opportunity to book Scott for 2 holiday parties and they both were fantastic. People out on the dance floor from the beginning of the party to the end. Thank you Scott for helping make the... Read More celebration a hit. I look forward to working with you guys again in the very near future.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Darius A

We chose Scott at Hot Mix Entertainment as a DJ for our wedding at The Wit hotel. The preparation process was very easy and smooth. Scott was great guiding us through all the steps till the day of the wedding. He was always there to answer all our questions and provide feedback... Read More on our suggestions. Scott made an outstanding introduction speech to all our guests and kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Our guests were a diverse group: different ages, backgrounds, nationalities. We had guests from multiple cities, states and countries. Everyone complimented the choice of music and didn't want the evening to end. We will definately recomment Scott to all our friends looking for the best DJ for their events.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Jennifer H

We loved working with Hot Mix and our DJ Scott! He not only rocked the party but shared so many great ideas with us to make our wedding day special. Our family and friends had nothing but praise for the music he played. The sound system sounded great and the set up was neat and... Read More clean looking. Loved the uplights!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Zach B

Excellent DJ, easy to work with. Returned all of our emails and phone calls promptly. Played all the music we asked for. Kept people dancing all night and did a wonderful job with the announcements. We highly recommend Hot Mix Entertainment. Great music and great experience.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Lynda F

Hot Mix Entertainment is just wonderful. We had Scott Smokin' Silz DJ our wedding. Our music was by far one of the most important things in our wedding. We have an eclectic taste in music, from R&B to Country to House Music to Latin. Scott handled every type of music... Read More perfectly. He was sound for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The ceremony and cocktail hour music was perfect. I gave him pretty much no input on that and it was great. He worked with my friend who sang two songs at the ceremony and the sound for that was perfect. For dinner I gave him a mish mosh of R&B and country and he was able to blend the songs together so it didn't sound crazy. :) But far and away the best was the reception music and lighting. We had uplighting for the reception and his lit up DJ booth and everything looked great. It gave the room a constant glow. The music was on point. Mostly house music, with a little Latin at times. I can't tell you how perfect everything was. I was concerned about the type of house music he was going to play, I wanted it just right. I gave him some sample songs and he was spot on. I really didn't hear anything that night that I didn't love. Finally, he was able to arrange a live House Music performer for us to have at the wedding. Everyone went crazy when he was announced. Scott also surprised us with some pictures he and his guys took at the reception. Priceless. Beyond all of this and HUGELY important is his business skills. He is so attentive and responsive. He is there for you when you need it. He has cool planning tools you can use to pick "must play" songs, "do not play" songs and different levels in between and you can search a library of songs on the website. There are planning forms so you know everything is under control and he knows what songs you want for what occasion. Scott and Hot Mix are true professionals. There were no worries leading up to our big day. Scott will keep everything under control, keep you happy and keep your dance floor full. He is really good at gauging the crowd and playing to them to keep everyone happy. Thank you, Scott!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Bogdan B

Scott is a consummate professional. From the first interaction we had to the last, Scott kept our best interests in mind. I've never seen a dance floor packed all night at a wedding before. Usually there are ebs and flows to people dancing, but with Scott, everybody was on the... Read More floor almost the entire time. The music he played was exactly what we had in mind, no cheesy bits, and most importantly he kept our "do not play" list in mind. He also did an amazing job with the uplighting, and it really added a beautiful ambiance to the dance floor! The one thing we told Scott when we first met him was that we wanted our guests to have a blast on the dance floor, and we could not be happier with what Scott delivered. Thank you for an unforgettable night!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016

Scott is a consummate professional, we were lucky to have found him for our corporate event. He put together a killer set, incorporated our branding into his stage and photo booths and was great in responding to all my communications. We had a change in date, time and venue a... Read More few months down the line after securing his services and he rolled with that no problem. We had a last minute presentation our employees put together, the morning of the event and he confirmed he can make that work within minutes of me making the request. He helped in making sure we had the right layout for the event, worked around the stringent guidelines placed by the venue and followed through on everything he pitched when we brought him on board. He did a great job of keeping the party vibe going with a very eclectic group with varying tastes and his light show in the night was spectacular. I cannot say enough great things about Scott and his team, I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ryan M

Scott did an AMAZING job at our wedding. We met with him twice to hash out all the details. He is extremely professional and knows his stuff. He was able to help us with some musical choices too when we were stuck. We also got the up lights and photo booth from him. Everything... Read More was exceptional! Our guest are still mentioning to us that this was the first wedding they have been to where the dance floor was packed from beginning to the end of the last song played. I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Ashley I

What can I say about Scott except that he totally crushed it at our wedding and kept the dancefloor packed all night long? We had a destination Austin wedding and no DJ was good enough for our tastes except Silz so we dragged him all the way down to Texas - a choice we could not... Read More be happier with. The music was amazing, he did an insane job with the uplighting - when the lights were lowered, the place looked incredible! - and his photobooth was a highlight to us and our guests. Oliver (who manned the photobooth) was a true professional and had amazing ideas for our friends that made their excitement over picture taking even better. All we wanted at our wedding was a total party and he kept it that way all night long!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016

I can’t thank Scott and his team enough for making our wedding night so special. I’ve been listening to Scott Smokin Silz on the radio for years and have been to many of his parties. I’m a big Hot Mix 5 fan and our music was exactly what we wanted. We love great dance music... Read More and Scott played all my jams. The night went so fast. Keep doin’ what you do Scott!

Reviewed on 2/04/2016

Hot Mix Entertainment far exceeded our expectations. We knew they were great when we hired them because we saw them at a friends wedding. They were so professional and went above and beyond every step of the way. Thank you to our DJ Scott for making our night magical! Even our... Read More catering sales person commented on what a great DJ we had.

Reviewed on 2/03/2016 Heather F

Scott was great to work with. He responded immediately to all of our emails and phone calls. Our reception was rockin’ from start to finish. He had everyone on the dance floor and kept them there. The lighting was beautiful. Our Photo Booth pictures looked great. We couldn’t... Read More have been happier with our decision to hire Hot Mix Entertainment. I can’t tell you how many compliments we got about our music and DJ. We highly recommend Hot Mix and Scott!.

Meet The President

Scott Smokin' Silz

World renowned Wedding DJ, Acclaimed Chicagoland personality and award-winning DJ Scott “Smokin’” Silz, of the famed Hot Mix 5 radio team. His career spans some of Chicago’s leading music stations including V-103, 107.5 WGCI FM and WBMX, among others. Recently named one of the 10 most influential DJs in the world along with his Hot Mix 5 team, Scott is one of the most sought-after names in event entertainment—and is available to emcee and DJ your event!