Book Your Wedding with Hotel Allegro

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Hotel Allegro is an upscale Kimpton wedding destination tucked graciously into Theater district in downtown Chicago, Illinois. Couples with a flair for the dramatic or desire for glamorous wedding celebrations choose one or more of this boutique property's venues to host their ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions. The location is steeped in the Chicago arts scene. Since 1894, this site has held hotels, starting with the Bismarck Hotel, which was demolished 30 years later and ending with the latest Kimpton Hotel Allegro. Many dignitaries and artists have partied and dined in this spot over the years and now you and your guests can enjoy its many art-deco and roaring-twenties-style charms.

The decor is a mix of contemporary European furnishings with original lighting fixtures, brass handrails and other architectural elements. Hotel Allegro welcomes diverse couples from Chicago and the world to let its professional, dedicated staff and luxurious amenities create the modern wedding experience and menu you see when you close your eyes and envision your wedding day. Here are some of the event spaces available.

Savoy. This space is reminiscent of a classic club with plush seating and space for 170 to 250 people on the mezzanine level.

Imperial. This third-floor, art-deco ballroom features understated colors, but stunning decor including lighting and ceiling details. There's room for 150 to 160 guests or split the space to fit 60 to 100 people in each area, so you have an intimate ceremony spot and a separate reception space adjacent to it. The third floor is where you find a variety of elegant, smaller rooms designed to hold 12 to 50 guests for more modest private parties.

Walnut Ballroom. Lined with beautiful walnut wood all the way up the soaring walls and lit by glittering chandeliers, this is the lobby-floor setting for any sort of wedding you can envision, from a vintage to a contemporary event. Anywhere from 300 to 400 guests can be accommodated with room for a dance floor, lowering that count by just 40 or so.

Walnut Foyer. This glamorous pre-function space is adjacent to the Walnut Ballroom on the lobby level. It fits 100 guests for a cocktail hour, ceremony or reception.

Hotel Allegro catering fees include cocktail service with appetizers, three-course plated dinners or stations and a hosted bar. Hot appetizers include wild mushroom turnovers with fontina and triple cream truffle mac & cheese, while cold appetizers range from Ahi tuna tartar with wasabi cream to shrimp shooters with tomatillo cocktail sauce. Entrees range from tenderloin to sea bass and salmon, with carving stations and vegetarian options like butternut squash ravioli with sage butter.

Hotel Allegro Handles everything from the tables and chairs to the place settings, so you can relax and enjoy spending time with each other and your guests. Over 400 rooms are available in the hotel so everyone can stay together and there are discounts available for blocks of rooms.

Hotel Allegro provides plenty of extra service and decor when you book your wedding reception in one of the event spaces. Some of the perks include:

• Personalized wedding cake
  • Specialty linen and silver chargers
  • Votive candles for tables
  • Champagne toast and dinner wine service
  • Signature craft cocktail
  • Complimentary wedding night couple's suite

Chicago's Most Spectacular Ballroom

Place your special day in the very capable hands of our expert planners at the boutique-style Hotel Allegro Chicago. Surrounded by the vibrant and warm decor of our hotel, your event at Chicago's luxury Hotel Allegro will be unique and exceptionally personal.

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

171 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL (312) 325-7142
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Vintage meets Modern

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Clare

What a beautiful venue, from the original chandeliers circa 1920 to the "L" train floating in the background, Hotel Allegro is the quintessential location for a romantic Chicago wedding. The food is OUTSTANDING and the portion size would rival "Man vs Food." Many guests couldn't... Read More polish their plates. The sound/lights and dance floor all contribute to a non-stop party. We looked at many locations before feeling at home with a warm hug from KT. They were flexible, working in our budget and accommodating all our bar requests. We meet another catering managers who shoved their noses in the air at the idea of modifications. We never felt silly with any questions and always given an excellent explanation. It was great for guests to head upstairs to bed after partying all night or quickly grab a car out the main doors. I want to do it all over again :)

A Venue To Remember...

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Sara M

If you are looking for a venue that everyone will remember then Hotel Allegro is the place to be. They offer complimentary wine hour every day from 5 - 6 pm in the lobby, have the best staff, and the food is not your typical hotel food. The ballroom is breathtaking and with the... Read More window shades open you can see the trains go by throughout the evening. The lobby is very modern and a great backdrop for portraits. We looked at 5 hotels and the moment we visited the hotel we knew it was the one for us!

2013-06-25T17:49:17 Response from the vendor

Sara and Steve, It was an absolute honor to be a part of your celebration at the Hotel Allegro! I'm so happy that I had a chance to meet you and to help plan what was truly a "rock star" wedding. I hope that you... Read Less Read More

Classic Chicago Wedding

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Marissa A

After searching for the perfect venue for our wedding we found the Hotel Allegro! It is a fabulous combination of contemporary style and old-school Chicago class. The Walnut Ballroom boasts stunning silver chandeliers, Walnut walls, large windows to see (but not hear) the El;... Read More and the cocktail area outside the ballroom imparts a modern chic ambiance. For any bride-to-be, one of the draws of the Hotel Allegro is their wedding coordinator, KT Thompson. She is amazing. She respected all of our ideas and gave us suggestions on which vendors to choose to make our vision come true. We used the florist she suggested and we could not have been more pleased with the results. KT communicated with us nearly seamlessly. When I called or emailed with a question, my message was returned within 24 hours.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Heather B

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and Hotel Allegro played a huge part in that. This venue is beyond breathtaking. The time and detail that was put in to designing this hotel was second to none. Everyone could not stop talking about how beautiful the entire hotel was.... Read More KT and Carlos (the wedding and banquet coordinators) were incredible. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, ceremony and reception all at the hotel and not a single thing went wrong. They were incredibly attentive and helpful. KT even occupied my nephew when he got fussy during the ceremony so his father could still watch. Carlos made sure our every want was catered to during the reception. The hotel also gave us a great rate for guests and our guests loved the modern vibe. The perks they include in their packages also help make a downtown Chicago wedding a little more manageable. There is not enough space to say all of the good things about this hotel and it's staff. If you are looking to have a perfect Chicago wedding this is absolutely the place!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Aisha W

My husband and I reserved a room block with Hotel Allegro for our wedding on March 4, 2017. I work in the area and frequently walk past Hotel Allegro and the valet and doormen are always so friendly, even though I'm just a pedestrian walking past their hotel. Because of that... Read More and the fact that the exterior of the building is gorgeous, I always had an idea that I wanted to check it out for our wedding when the time came. After seeing the huge suites and the beautiful guest rooms, I knew I wanted to book our room block here— Not to mention, the room rate was so reasonable (the cheapest in the city and their suites were the largest we saw by FAR) and Brianna was incredible to work with. During our stay, the staff was extremely accommodating to all of our requests (needing more chairs, cleaning our suites, providing tables and any additional amenities that we needed) and on the evening of our wedding they had a bottle of champagne and fruit waiting for us when we returned. Our out of town guests are still raving about the service and their stay. Overall, I'm super happy with the experience and look forward to hopefully finding an excuse to stay at Hotel Allegro soon.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Autumn B

I hosted my brunch wedding reception at Hotel Allegro on 12/10/2016. Everything single thing was absolutely perfectly! I honestly could not have dreamed of a better wedding. Obviously, the space is beautiful, the location is great and the food is delicious, but above everything... Read More the staff is to die for! Every single person we encountered from the tour, to tasting, to arrival, to day of, etc. was so wonderful, helpful and genuine. So many Hotel Allegro employees made my wedding so memorable, but there are a few folks who truly stand out. Paige Leffert, Grace Strachman and KT Thompson hands down are some of the best people I have ever worked with!! I don’t know what I would have done without Paige! I live in DC, so I always had limited time in Chicago to meet with Paige. She was always so accommodating to my schedule and responsive to my questions. Paige worked closely with the chief to accommodate my gluten allergy and come up with a delicious menu. She remembered the tiny details we discussed early on, things I had forgotten we even told her! Paige popped in a few times in the morning while I was getting ready just to check in and make sure I was all set. She was so attentive and always had a smile on her face. Paige was such a blessing to work with! I am forever grateful for all the hard work the staff put into making my wedding so perfect. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Honestly, there’s no way to truly sum up how amazing my experience with Hotel Allegro was. Go experience it for yourself, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Jaclyn M

There aren't enough words to describe the incredible experience we had with the Hotel Allegro. From our tour of the venue to our brunch the morning after our wedding, we were treated with such care and professionalism by everyone at Allegro. And it all begins and ends with the... Read More AMAZING KT Thompson. KT is Hotel Allegro's director of catering, but she's so much more than that. She's liaison, planner, friend, and hostess. We toured the Allegro in December 2015 and booked for a Saturday wedding in November 2016. Hotel Allegro, with its beautiful art deco elegance, was the perfect venue that met all of our must-haves. We had many guests coming from out of town, so the discounted hotel block and central downtown location was invaluable. We also had our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and next-morning brunch there. The Walnut Ballroom is an exceptionally beautiful room with the 'L' running by, but not loud or distracting. It easily fit our 185 guests, two bars, band, and large dance floor. We had a lovely ceremony in the Walnut Ballroom, then moved upstairs to the incredibly cool Savoy Room for cocktail hour. The Allegro staff quickly turned over the ballroom from ceremony to reception. The serving staff was efficient and friendly without rushing our guests. The food and drinks were amazing, too! Our guests raved about every little detail the hotel had to offer. We were incredibly happy with our decision to book with the Hotel Allegro. Thanks to KT and everyone at the hotel for helping make our wedding weekend such an unforgettable event! <3

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Rachel D

Hotel Allegro surpassed every possible expectation for our wedding. When we went on our tour, my fiancé and I had already basically agreed to host our reception at another venue, but decided it was too late to cancel our showing with Hotel Allegro. Thank goodness we did not. We... Read More fell immediately in love the hotel. It is so vintage-modern glam, which fit in perfectly with our taste and vision for our wedding. However, a wedding reception can still be sub-par even in the most beautiful space. But not the case at Hotel Allegro. EVERYTHING was perfect. The room block deal the hotel offers for guests was the best arrangement I've ever heard of: reasonably priced rooms and we were not contractually obligated to fill any number of rooms, which was a huge relief. KT Thompson is WONDERFUL. She is supremely organized and is wonderful to plan an event with. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her skills and seriously, if there were any day-of hiccups, she just handled them for me and I didn't need to worry about a thing the entire day. She made the whole planning process so much easier. The hotel also gave us a list of recommended vendors. I used two of those vendors (florist and DJ) and their recommendations were excellent. Those vendors not only did a fantastic job, but because they had an existing relationship with the hotel, so much of their day-of communication was handled behind the scenes, resulting in even fewer logistics for us to worry about. We were truly able to enjoy the day. In terms of the morning of: we all got ready at the hotel, and the hotel sent a mimosa bar up to us gals to enjoy while we got our hair and make-up done. They also put some personal favorite snacks & drinks in our parents' hotel rooms. Details like that really set the hotel apart and elevated our experience. I also want to point out that the hotel staff anticipated so many of our needs that we hardly had to ask for anything. When we did ask for anything, the hotel attended to it immediately. Now for the night of: Everything looked more beautiful than we could have imagined. The food was SUPERB — and they'd event set aside some appetizers and drinks for us since we'd missed most of the cocktail hour taking wedding photos. They paced the meal perfectly, and also held certain plates if people (like us and our parents) were milling around the ballroom & greeting guests. I will say, I had some reservations about hosting the wedding at a hotel because hotel food is always so generic tasting and food is important to us. However, the food at our wedding was SPECTACULAR and was beat only by the service and presentation of everything that evening. We're still fielding calls from our guests about how delicious and beautiful everything was. There was literally nothing we would have changed about our wedding reception, and we owe so much of that to the wonderful staff at Hotel Allegro, as well as to the beauty of the venue itself. It's not often that the bride & groom get to be carefree on their wedding day and just enjoy the day, but thanks to Hotel Allegro, we didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to focus on each other, our families, our friends, and our joyfulness.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kim D

My daughter's wedding reception was held at Hotel Allegro and we couldn't be happier. KT Thompson and her team were professional and very detailed in every aspect. I didn't have to worry about anything. They were very responsive when we had questions or concerns. The hotel... Read More staff was polite and very accommodating. Half of our guests were from out of town and everyone was very happy with the service. The hotel is beautiful and the lobby bar is a great gathering place. My guests are still talking about how good the food was. I would highly recommend having a wedding there.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Anne L

Hotel Allegro was in our top two, and while we ended up picking a suburban venue to make things easier on our guests, I wanted to sing some serious praises for KT Thompson, the hotel's wedding coordinator. If you want to feel taken care of and stress free from start to finish,... Read More this is your girl. When I couldn't coordinate my crazy schedule to match hers for a site visit, she made sure someone else was available to show me the venue (which is beautiful, modern, and eclectic). She answered my insanely long list of questions without any hint of frustration and even responded via email on her days off. I have a serious case of FOBO (fear of better options), so throughout this process, I probably communicated with over 50 different wedding coordinators. Not one was as wonderful as KT. Hotel Allegro is a beautiful hotel, nestled right in the heart of downtown and offering tons of perks to married-couples-to-be. I truly wish I didn't have to worry about many of my guests trying to navigate the city. Hotel Allegro would have been a perfect start to my happily ever after. Thanks, KT, for everything!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Katia K

After searching for the perfect venue for our Chicago wedding we found the Hotel Allegro! We had debated between an outdoor venue and a hotel, but we found Hotel Allegro to be a "one stop shop" whose convenience, service, value, and beauty we couldn't beat. The hotel is... Read More quintessential "Chicago-style made modern", designed a way that doesn't feel stuffy or overdone. The Walnut Ballroom is gorgeous (think long room, mixed metal chandeliers, the 'L' running by - but not filling the room with noise). So- ambience? Check. Location? Check. The food was absolutely delicious- we got so many compliments from guests after the day of. And the service was seamless. Check, and check. Last but definitely not least, KT, the Director of Catering at the hotel, is marvelous. She not only gave us vendor suggestions (we ended up using the florist and DJ she recommended!), responded to emails within 24 hours, and worked with our day of coordinator to ensure everything ran smoothly, but also radiated such competence and passion for the work but we couldn't help but feel we were in great hands. (The only reason we took one star off is for accuracy of billing! We were so happy with the day, but wish we didnt have to go back and forth about the items we were charged for.) Overall, the wedding was a HIT, and KT and her team helped us feel relaxed every step of the way.

Excellent Venue, but...

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Kevin M

Everything about Hotel Allegro was perfect, from the location, to the ballroom, and staff. KT was amazing to work with and genuinely cares about your big day. The only issue I can see future brides having is that you really need to be on top of your planning. KT is a very busy... Read More person, so you have to make the effort to reach out to her for menu/cocktail tasting, etc. Also review your contracts! I saw a couple typos in ours and thought "no biggie, they're professionals, they know how to do weddings", but the staff will follow the contract word-by-word on the day of, which caught us off-guard!

Hotel Allegro - Exceeded Our Expectations

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Katie B

When looking for a venue, I didn’t just want a place to get married, I wanted to create an environment where my guests felt comfortable and welcome. I wanted to create a wedding weekend, with a community feel, where our guests had the opportunity to get to know each other, so... Read More we could come together at our wedding and celebrate as a group. Hotel Allegro provided the perfect opportunity! Our guests were treated with personalized service all weekend long. The hotel staff welcomed our guests in the way we’d welcome our guests into our own home. It was comforting to know our guests were being treated to an expert level of care. The 1920s bones of the building, enhanced with modern touches created a beautiful space for our weekend. There were so many neat places to take pictures, tuck surprises, and entertain. We absolutely loved the newly renovated Green Room with it’s dark wood and masculine fireplace. The Crescendo Room below felt like it was straight out of The Great Gatsby with gorgeous chandeliers, luxurious curtains, and feather accents. The real treat of the hotel was The Stardust Suite. This top-story hospitality suite came equipped with a pool table, speaker hook-up, Nintendo Wii, sitting areas, a private bathroom, and sweeping views of the city. We stocked the Stardust Suite with goodies (booze and snacks) so our guests could play from the moment they arrived to the moment they left, even when there weren’t any planned wedding events happening. This room was hopping all weekend long. It was so cool to see guests from both sides of the wedding meet and interact. It really created that community atmosphere we were seeking. Even guests who are a little uncomfortable in a big city were at ease because they didn’t have to leave the hotel to find fun. The hotel hosts a Wine Hour for all of it’s guests. We timed our ceremony to begin just as Wine Hour was ending. Our guests were tickled that they unwind with a glass of wine before our ceremony. We chose to serve our guests Family Style, and KT Thompson worked with us to ensure there would be enough space on the table for all the serving dishes, the food would be presented in the appropriate amount of time, and guests would have access to extras if needed. Dinner service was beautiful. We offered sliced beef tenderloin and sea bass, which got rave reviews. Guests loved being able to choose their portions and pass dishes, discussing and experiencing the meal together. What a great opportunity to share something we enjoy with our guests! The Walnut Room was about as “Chicago” as it gets. Guests absolutely loved that they could see The El running by out the windows, but it could absolutely not be heard, even during our quiet ceremony. The original chandeliers dazzled as light bounced off of them. The lighting is adjustable and we changed it with our needs, throughout the evening. We had a live band and while most of our guests danced the night away, some got comfortable in the space off the ballroom, where our photobooth was set up. Guests could easily flow from one space to the other, without feeling cut off, if they wanted a break from the music. The entire weekend was about as magical as it gets!

Great Venue, could have been more responsive and accurate

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Jessie L

We were very happy with everything Hotel Allegro did on our wedding day. Our wedding went very smooth and was beautiful. The food was delicious and everyone was raving about how wonderful everything was after the wedding. One of the problems we encountered is the responsiveness... Read More from the hotel staff. It was an out of town wedding for us and we often had to wait for answers to our emails and phone calls. Even after decisions were agreed on we had to reconfirm info with the wedding coordinators because they did not keep up with the details. The coordinator was really nice in person and was always very agreeable and easy to work with in person. It was just all of the arranging that we had to do over email and on the phone and we had some problems with. We would have our wedding again at Hotel Allegro and it was beautiful. Our only advice is to stay on top of the coordinators and make sure all of the details are confirmed back to you correctly. We even had our final contract typed on incorrectly which we had to amend and our billing also came out with errors at the end. That was corrected also.

Hotel Allegro Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Not only is the Hotel Allegro the perfect place for a Chicago wedding, but KT Thompson is the best Director of Catering ever! KT had the most amazing talent for knowing just what we wanted and took care the care to deliver at every turn. From the venue (Beautiful), to the cake,... Read More to the food, the band set up, the decorations... every detail was perfect. Last minute details like finding me a pair of cuff links (I forgot to pack them) to providing cues for what should happen next, KT was on top of it. I think she must have even coordinated with the CTA to time when the El trains passed by the windows for that extra special Chicago atmosphere during the ceremony. Thank you to KT and every person on staff at Allegro for making our daughters wedding day more special than I could have imagined!

Amazing, Friendly, Genuine

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Elizabeth H

I have to say that unfortunatley I got married in the suburbs do to convience for my family. However: the Hotel Allegro is hands down the best venue in Chicago for your wedding. KT is amazing. She will enusre that everything you want will be done and it will be fabulous. The... Read More Walnut Ballroom is breathtaking. The way the hotel has stayed true to its historic roots really helps make this Hotel one of a kind. If you are looking for an intimate venue then the Hotel Allegro will be the perfect place for you.

Most Memorable Wedding! Allegro Hotel!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

We are a same sex couple who after 26 years of committed relationship chose the Allegro Hotel for our wedding ceremony and reception. We had investigated several excellent hotels in Chicago and chose Allegro after we met with the Director of Catering KT. She listened to all of... Read More our ideas and professionally added some of her own to help us create an amazing memorable event for us, our children, and our 150 guests. This was all done with the utmost respect and true personal touch. KT and her team seamlessly worked with the florist, band, photographers, etc, etc. The food was amazing (friends are still talking about the filet!). All in all, if you want the perfectly orchestrated wedding, go talk with KT and her team at the Allegro Hotel!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I couldn't ask for much more from my wedding day than Hotel Allegro. When we saw the Andy Warhol-esque decor meets Great Gatsby-esque architecture, we were practically sold. THEN, we met the Catering Manager/Wedding Planner, KT and we were REALLY sold. She is the rare... Read More combination of talent and passion and we instantly knew we had to have our wedding at this venue. The hands on approach of every detail made it possible for us to put our own personal touch on almost every aspect of the wedding. From the food (delicious) to the way the ballroom was setup, the whole wedding felt like it was ours and not just something we picked from a set of pre-packaged options. The personal touches the venue allowed us to incorporate (such as a giant light up letter 'M') made our guests feel like they were in a welcome and familiar environment. Here are some random thoughts.... -The Stardust Suite on the top floor made for an EXCELLENT gathering place for the whole weekend. We kept it stocked with food and booze, and everyone made their way up at some point. It also made for a great after party. -Cocktail hour in their newly renovated space is a must. The low ceilings and fun decor give a great feeling of intimacy with you and your guests. -There was a wine hour put on by the hotel from 5p-6p. This isn't special to the wedding, just something the hotel does on a weekly basis. This was great because it gave all our guests an extra hour to drink wine. With a 6p start for the wedding, it was nice to have a little bit of a 'looser' crowd. They smiled, they laughed...it made being the center of attention (not my favorite place) much more at ease knowing they were all having a great time. I'm sure there are several other tips and memories I could recall from this day, but simply put, I could not recommend Hotel Allegro enough for your wedding. It is a truly unique space in a city where I feel like I've been going to the same wedding over and over. Put your trust in Hotel Allegro, and they will deliver the truly remarkable experience that you are looking for!

Perfect Venue - Romantic and Elegant

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

The Hotel Allegro was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding weekend. The Walnut Room was an elegant and romantic backdrop for the ceremony and reception. The Stardust Suite was the perfect gathering space for our out of town guests and the after party. The food was... Read More delicious and we so appreciated the extra planning that was put into accommodating our request for family style dinner. It was not a small feat, but was orchestrated beautifully. KT Thompson, Area Director of Catering, did an outstanding job of listening to our requests, asking questions, and offering recommendations. I'm an event planner and KT was 10 steps ahead of me with her attention to detail. No need for an outside wedding planner, KT and her staff managed every single facet so we could relax and enjoy the wedding weekend. KT had a unique way of making us feel as though our wedding was as important to her as it was to us. It was the perfect venue.

Nothing short of Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Katie G

Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I owe the staff at Hotel Allegro, for helping to make our special day, the most amazing day of our lives. There's NO way I could have kept it together during wedding planning, if it wasn't for the amazing Director of Catering, and... Read More Coorinator. They both truly, made the planning process easier, and more enjoyable than I could have imagined. At times I probably wasn't the easiest bride to work with, considering my really RELAXED perception of time! Whether it be delayed emails, timelines, or even making sure to be on time to our wedding! Regardless, the entire staff was nothing but patient and kind throughout the entire process! More importantly, they helped to ease my stress, by making sure things got done, and were done on time! I could not have asked for a better team, a better hotel, and a better staff than Hotel Allegro! Everything looked amazing throughout the entire night. The service was impeccable, and always on top of it. Even to the point, that there was NEVER an empty glass at any table throughout the entire night. Did I mention how amazing the food was, and that it was served hot?! I was one of the many in a food coma, by the end of the night! I wanted our big day to be a memorable one, and it exceeded all of my expectations. It's a little over three months later, and I am still getting rave reviews about our wedding. I have had many people come up to me, and say that the food, service, and overall experience was the best they have ever had at a wedding. That's impressive, when you think about how many weddings most people have been to! Plus, the venue itself was a huge hit! As odd as this sounds, I even received reviews on how amazing the beds were at Allegro. I must say, I agree! :) I could go on, and on, about my experience of having our wedding at Hotel Allegro, but the bottom line is, they were amazing! Even if I had to do it over again, and this time with an unlimited budget, I would still choose to have our wedding at Hotel Allegro. I can honestly say, I have no regrets. I will forever cherish our wedding day, for it was the best day of my life. My experienence with Hotel Allegro from the beginning to the end, was invaluable, and I strongly urge anyone planning a downtown Chicago wedding, to check them out. For those, that do choose to have their big day at Hotel Allegro, I can honestly say, you will NOT be disappointed.

The gem of Chicago

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Haley F

We had the most incredible time at our wedding at Hotel Allegro. The food was outstanding (we are obsessed with the truffle Mac & Cheese), service was great, and the accommodations were out of this world. My friends and I had the best time in the Stardust suite, everyone was... Read More talking about how nice it was to get ready in such a big and beautiful room. The hair and makeup crew were also so thankful for the wonderful accommodations. KT (the director of catering) was great, everything on the wedding day went smoothly. We greatly appreciate all of her hard work. Our plan is to stay at the hotel every year for our anniversary, I am totally in love with Hotel Allegro. The decor/vibe of the hotel is so warm and unique. All of our guests were calling it the gem of the city, because it is a little off the beaten path and such a find. I recommend it to any bride who wants a classy, vintage type wedding without the corporate feel of lots of venues. Hotel Allegro is the best!

Fantastic Reception at Hotel Allegro

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Nancy B

It was such a pleasure to work with KT Thompson on my daughter’s wedding reception at Hotel Allegro. This was my first wedding to plan, and everything was rather new, and with my daughter living in another city, we were doing a lot of long distance coordination. From the... Read More start, I felt that KT was a partner in the process, and that she understood what I wanted the reception to be like. She made helpful suggestions, and was accommodating on my requests. She understood that I wanted good food, quality drinks, flawless service--all in beautiful surroundings. We accomplished that! She embraced the participation of the mariachi band, which was a different feature from many weddings, and showcased them to their best advantage as far as the timing and placement of their performance. She spent extra time to help, including going out of her way to get cookies from an Italian bakery herself. My cousin got it--she said "These cookies taste familiar." You can't get a better compliment than that! Her presence throughout the wedding day was reassuring, and I felt comfortable that I could reach her for whatever I needed. My guests had a wonderful time, and the bride and groom were thrilled with the whole experience.

Best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 jenny b

Our September 2014 wedding ceremony and reception at the Hotel Allegro was beautiful, elegant, and FUN! Several things contributed to our experience. First, the venue is elegant and the decor stands on its own. Second, the food was delicious and the dinner/ bar service was... Read More great. We received several compliments from our guests on the food and friendliness of employees. We really felt like we got a lot of value for our money. Most importantly, we received a lot of personal attention from the Director of Catering (shout out to you KT Thompson). KT walked us through everything we needed for our wedding and was super responsive to all my questions (and I had a lot). KT also went out of her way to accommodate special requests and paid attention to details like making sure we had time to eat appetizers. We also received great service from Paige who coordinated my bridal suite and all of our guest rooms. There are many stressful aspects to planning a wedding but working with the Hotel Allegro team was a real pleasure and was the least stressful part. KT helped keep me calm! In the end, we had the best day ever. It was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

Bride

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Janet N

Hotel Allegro was a beautiful and elegant place for my wedding. The service was well organized and well done. All of my guests had a great time and loved staying in the hotel as well.

Hotel Allegro can't be beat!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Sivan K

We just got married at Hotel Allegro this past weekend and I still feel like I am floating in a dream! Everything was absolutely flawless. KT Thompson is an angel - she is the reason I didn't lose my mind or become a bridezilla during the wedding planning process. She can do... Read More anything - literally! Everyone at the hotel from the front desk staff to the housekeeping crew was amazing. I don't think the hotel ever said "no" to any of my requests the entire weekend. I am a very detail oriented person and I know not everyone is. I did not have to worry that the many details involved in this wedding would get overlooked if I wasn't the one handling them. I had been nervous and stressed up until Friday when we checked into the hotel. Once the rehearsal came along on Friday evening, I told KT I was handing this wedding over to her and she told me that was just fine with her and she would take it from here. From then on I enjoyed every minute of the weekend without having to worry about a thing! This hotel is gorgeous and our guests were raving about the entire weekend. I wish I could get married there every weekend!!!!