Hotel Alsace

Castroville, TX

Texas Hill Country meets Urban Chic

Picture this: you're in your gown looking gorgeous, he's in his tux looking spiffy - you have one hand in his and your signature cocktail in the other. You've just been married as the sun set. You both take a moment to take it all in as you look out at the gorgeous, panoramic hill country. Your guests mingle and enjoy hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour. You both take a mental picture and a deep breath as you join the rest of your party. You walk into the ballroom to see that the wedding of your dreams has come to life. Have a seat at your head table and savor a delicious entree, plated or buffet-style. Whether your guest count is below 50 or up to 200, we have a space for you. Call or email us today to schedule your private tour! Let's get started on your unforgettable wedding!

Ballroom, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1651 US Hwy 90 W, Castroville, TX (830) 201-0081

We are still talking about it!

Reviewed on 1/30/2012 Jessica H

My husband and I dreamed of having a sit-down, Italian-style dining experience for our reception where the meal would be both the highlight and the entertainment for the evening, not a band or dance or anything typical. Most of our guests would be coming in from all over the... Read More country and many did not know each other, so we wanted a long, leisurely dinner where they would be able to visit, mingle in-between courses and really get to know each other. We were initially concerned that we wouldn't be able to find a caterer that could provide this type of service in the rural area of Texas where we lived, but once we met with Guillermo, we felt confident he could give us what we wanted. We initially met with him to offer a few ideas and sample menus for what we were looking for and once we settled on something that fit our budget and aesthetic, he invited us in for a sample run through of what he would be serving to our 100+ guests....and WOW, did he nail it! More importantly, we felt that he had really listened to what we wanted and understood just how special of a role the meal would play. When "game day" rolled around, Guillermo and his staff gave an outstanding performance (especially when there was a major threat of rain; we saw them quickly prepare for plan B, but fortunately never had to act on it). Our beautiful menu consisted of: (pre-ceremony) a cheese and fruit display while waiters passed several small-hors d'oeuvres and Prosecco; (post-ceremony, dinner) rustic loaves of peasant bread sat on all tables throughout entire meal; gazpacho; mixed field greens with mandarin oranges, toasted pine nuts and chives tossed in a citrus vinaigrette; lobster ravioli in a light tomato vodka sauce; pork tenderloin served with creamy parmesan polenta and roasted asparagus spears; fresh peach gelato; followed by our "wedding cake" -- French vanilla torte laced with limoncello and creme anglaise (provided by another vendor). Thank you, Guillermo, for not only are we still talking about the evening, but so are our guests!

Smith Wedding

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Absolutely outstanding!! Guillermo is truly a blessing and I'm so glad we ended up there. He responded so quickly to any questions I had through email (it was easiest for me to communicate through email as I was on night shift as a nurse) and was quick to appease whatever I... Read More would like and managed my millions of questions with humor! He ensured my rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch the following Sunday went completely smoothly! He also ensured that he met with my now husband and I at our best convenience for things like touring and food tasting. He also managed to save the day on my wedding by catching a centerpiece that caught on fire and using an arrangement from a table on the outside to make everything look seamless and perfect regardless of a missing centerpiece! I would recommend him to absolutely anyone, you can completely tell he loves his job!

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Lucina G

The Alsatian is the perfect wedding venue. Guillermo is so easy to work with. We really didn't know what to do or what to expect but he gave us great advice and worked with us to make our day perfect. The outdoor ceremony was lovely...the view was fantastic! The reception was... Read More held in the ballroom and it was so beautiful. Guillermo also handled the catering and the food was really great. He really went out of his way to make us happy! We were given a room for the night and it was awesome. Many of our guests were from out of town and they were given a special rate at the hotel. The entire experience was just perfect. I very highly recommend the Alsatian.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Catherine P

We can't say enough about Guillermo Spinelli and his amazing team. Guillermo walked us through everything from day one and all of the vendors he recommended were exceptional. The venue was beautiful and recently went through a renovation. The food was incredibly delicious and... Read More plentiful. This site met all of our needs and wants..a beautiful outdoor setting for our ceremony and ample space for our hundred plus guests. We are forever grateful for how perfect our day turned out!

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Mallory H

The Alsatian was incredible the ceremony was beautiful, service and food was great! Overall a great experience. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Great staff. Great accommodations. Guillermo was excellent in assuring the Venue and food was ready for guest. Guess enjoyed the venue. No complaints. Had a great after party on the Belcony .

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Ashley C

This place has the absolute best view! Our ceremony was beautiful and even had a nice breeze which was great for a June wedding in Texas. Guillermo is the absolute best and answered all of my questions and even asked me questions I hadn't thought of. The food is to die for and... Read More all my guests commented on it!

2015-06-29T16:24:19 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure for my stuff and personally for me to have been able to serve you. I wish you the best

So beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/07/2013 Debbie W

If you are looking for a hill country wedding, The Alsatian is the way to go. It is not too far from San Antonio and it has amazing views! The pictures of the ceremony are amazing with the backdrop of the hill country. We also loved Guillermo. He had no hidden fees and let us... Read More know what we were getting up front. I would highly recommend this place.

Wedding

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 bianca f

Man in charge is great

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Brandi H

The space in both the Wedding and hall were big enough for both of our large families to dance the night away and having everything so close was ideal. I could not be more pleased with our wedding day and all the beautiful memories!

Beautiful Hill Country Ceremony

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 Gabrielle S

My husband and I got married here on March 9, 2013. The foggy weather cleared up right before the outside hill-top ceremony and it turned out fantastic. Guillermo was so great and very accommodating for all of our needs. He went out of his way to make sure we got anything we... Read More needed. For a reception of about 250, it was a tight fit, but having the outside and inside areas helped tremendously. This is a gorgeous venue and the food is so tasty! If you are looking for a hill country wedding, this is a place to consider! The background of our ceremony photos is gorgeous and the decor inside is rich. I also suggest getting the Bridal Suite. It can fit many people to get ready in and is very modern and cozy!

Beautiful Venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/25/2012 Elizabeth R

The venue was perfect. Perfect country feel and dining area...although guests were spread out... everyone loved it!!! A little expensive with the venue + food. I had a blast at the wedding :)

Absolutely Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2012 FALENA B

Hotel Alsace is the best hotel I have ever stayed at! I'm so happy that we chose this to be our hotel in which our guests would stay. Jenny the receptionist made you feel at home and made sure that everything was taken care of. The view of the city is amazing! The rooms are so... Read More spacious and extremely clean. Our guest did nothing, but rave about the accommodations! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a peaceful, stress-free, and beautiful hotel!!!

Alsatian Hotel and Spa in Castroville, Tx

Reviewed on 3/31/2012 Yvonne C

The outside wedding was simply beautiful. We had an evening ceremony so didn't have to worry about the lighting. The only downside was the manager in charge. He was all over the place and didn't remember half of the things we had told him.

Wonderful Accomodations

Reviewed on 1/09/2012 Olivia G

Hotel Alsace is a wonderful hotel that all of our out of town guests stayed at. Our guests loved the apartment styled suite, as well as the normal rooms. They were modern, clean, and came with a great view overlooking the hillcoutry. Management was professional and easy to work... Read More with, we even had a discounted rate for our wedding.

Personalized catering

Reviewed on 1/03/2012 Christine W

We used Guermo from the Alsatian Restaurant as the catering for our wedding. He was always easy to get ahold of and the food was fantastic! He is not afraid to voice his opinion but was more than willing to cater to my taste and provided some great tips for the hall we were... Read More using as he had catered there before.

The Alsatian Restaurant in Castroville

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Marcia L

The Alsatian was the most special place to have a wedding! The setting was elegant and the view of the valley made it even more beautiful. The planning was made extremely easy and stress free because of the professionalism of the staff. The food served was not only beautiful... Read More to look at, but was delicious! All of my special wishes were fulfilled and it was an occasion to remember!

A Shock!

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Vicky K

This hotel is beautiful and a shock to this little town! Everyone is super nice and G (the owner of the restaurant) will work his ass of to make your day happen without any problems! You will love it!! :) Plus the price is really reasonable, can't beat that!