Book Your Wedding with Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

The Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels is a luxurious four-star hotel right in the heart of Chicago's famous Loop and near the Magnificent Mile. Hotel Monaco sits along North Wabash Street among Chicago's popular skyscrapers, providing hotel guests with amazing views of the city. For wedding events, the Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels in Chicago has more than 4,100 square feet of flexible event spaces among three meeting rooms. These meeting rooms have three more configurations for a total of six available event spaces for wedding celebrations.

As a wedding venue, the Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels features an impressive modern architecture just like the other buildings around it. What sets it apart its eclectic furnishings and decor coupled with homey boutique hotel services and the warm hospitality of its staff. As testament to its exceptional amenities and services, the Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels was a recipient of the 2015 Certificate of Excellence Award from TripAdvisor and the recognition as one of the Best Hotels in Chicago from U.S. News & World Report.

The hotel is a good choice as a wedding venue if you prefer a worry-free and convenient wedding, while still keeping your wedding sophisticated and classy. The Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels in Chicago offers all-inclusive wedding packages, which significantly takes much of the burden of organizing your wedding off your shoulders. The hotel hosts both wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions in several of its event spaces. The following are the event spaces available for weddings at the Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels in Chicago.

Paris room. Measuring 2,700 square feet in floor area, this room is the largest event space in the hotel. It accommodates 150 guests with a banquet-style layout and up to 300 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Paris south. This event space is a smaller configuration of the Paris room. It measures 1,350 square feet in floor area accommodating up to 90 guests with a seated dinner reception and up to 110 guests with a standing reception layout.

Paris central. With a floor area of 780 square feet, this room has a maximum capacity of 60 guests with a banquet-style layout and up to 80 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Paris north. This event space has 570 square feet in floor area and has a maximum capacity of 40 guests with a seated dinner layout and up to 50 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Tokyo room. This room measures 487 square feet in floor area making it the smallest event space at the hotel. It works well for small and intimate wedding celebrations accommodating up to 30 guests with a banquet-style layout.

Athens room. This event space has a floor area of 960 square feet in floor area, which accommodates up to 60 guests with a banquet-style layout and up to 70 guests with a standing cocktail reception.

Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels handles all catering and beverage services in wedding and other events that takes place in their facilities. Off-peak wedding celebrations afford you discount on wedding services and amenities. The following are some of the services and amenities that are inclusive of the hotel's wedding packages:

• Choose between a deluxe bar or four hours of beer and wine
  • Four types of hors d'oeuvres with butlers
  • Dinner with red and white wine
  • Plated entrée
  • Baked rolls and sweet cream butter
  • Two-tier wedding cake and cake-cutting services
  • Tables, chairs, linens, china, silverware and glassware
  • Venue setup and cleanup

• Newlyweds get two nights in a complimentary suite for free
  • Wedding block reservations at lower rates are available for guests
  • Guests who book a room have access to the hotel's luxurious amenities such as the indoor pool and the fitness center

Hotel Monaco Kimpton Hotels

The Hotel Monaco is like traveling to Paris without leaving downtown Chicago, with a devotion to luxury, sophistication, and lifestyle. The Hotel Monaco hosts one wedding at a time so you will have our imaginative, attentive and dedicated wedding specialist and staff all to yourselves.

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

225 North Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL (312) 960-8542

Great!

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Nerissa M

We loved this Hotel. The rooms are gorgeous and the food is really good. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Daisy G

We had our ceremony and reception at Hotel Monaco on 2/11/17. Rebecca is amazing! She worked within our budget and made our dream wedding become a reality! The staff is professional and friendly. The cocktail/reception dinner from South Water Kitchen was delicious! The rooms are... Read More impeccable. We had several out of town guests stay at Hotel Monaco and ALL our guests were happy with the room and service Hotel Monaco provided. my hubby and I look forward to returing to Hotel Monaco every year on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Christine M

The team at the Hotel Monaco went above and beyond every step of the way to make it the most magical day for us. From the wine and desserts in the bridal suite to the mimosas while my bridesmaids got ready to finding ten vases for our flower arrangements, it was every little... Read More extra that made me feel like a princess through the whole process. With the groom being a chef, the kitchen creating customized hor d'oeuvres and tweaking the catering menu to fit our style was such a neat aspect of our party. We had a number of industry guests and they concluded it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. The bar team was stellar, accommodating so many of us in South Water Kitchen during the week, and even making an extra batch of our signature cocktail when we realized some of the bridal party missed it during the cocktail hour. A huge thank you goes to the valet staff - from the minute we arrived to check in my parents until the last guest headed home, they were so hospitable, understanding, and FABULOUS. Having recently done another family wedding in the city, I can say the Hotel Monaco team is hands down the best in Chicago. I think we called them a hundred times to move luggage, hold cars, and traipse favors from floor to floor - but the moment of glory was rescuing me as I stood on the sidewalk, waiting for the scheduled party bus that never came. It's entirely possible I would have missed my own ceremony if the valet hadn't found an off-duty livery car to drive us to the church. I can't thank them enough for their patience and expertise helping me to and through the big day. It was such a relief that I knew Rebecca and her team were there to handle any hiccups that came up. The Kimpton family made us feel like we were family and we got the best their team had to offer.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Kristina R

Hotel Monaco Chicago was the PERFECT wedding venue. My husband and I were married at Hotel Monaco Chicago on July 18, 2015. We had the pleasure of working with Rebecca Lachman throughout the planning process. She is absolutely wonderful! She was so organized and attentive... Read More towards every detail. Throughout the planning, Rebecca and I exchanged many emails. She was always so responsive and patient with each and every question I had. She allowed us to come in several times to walk through everything. Rebecca took the time to really know what we wanted for our wedding day and she certainly delivered on the day of. She went as far as to give out her cell phone number to communicate with me, my mom, and sister throughout the weekend's events. Because of her, I was so calm on the day of my wedding because I knew I had absolutely nothing to be worried about with Rebecca in charge of everything. I could not have asked for a better person to help coordinate our wedding. Hotel Monaco Chicago staff (from the front door men, front desk employees, bar tenders, etc.) are top notch. Everybody we had the pleasure of working with was so accommodating and really went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy. Our guests were impressed with the service. The food and dinner service was out of this world. One of the reasons we picked this venue was because we felt the food was NOTHING like typical banquet food. Serving over 115 people dinner at once can be a daunting task, but Hotel Monaco completed this task with perfection! Our guests commented about how great the food was and how amazing the wait staff were. Most weddings you might expect to have 4 servers in total but we were fortunate enough to have 1 server for every two tables. All the special details included, craft beers, Garrett's popcorn, signature drinks, etc. certainly made our wedding unique and special. If you are looking for an amazing, affordable Chicago wedding venue, Hotel Monaco is PERFECT!

Beautiful Rooms

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Sara C

Beautiful boutique hotel in great location. Great service but my only issue was they charged us $5 per gift bag to leave guest gift bags in the room... little excessive considering we more than filled our block and we had our rehearsal dinner there as well. We also had family... Read More stay at a couple hotels down the street, we delivered gift bags to those hotels as well and they offered to leave them in the room no charge...that was a little frustrating.

Meet The Director of Catering

Rebecca Lachman

I have had the pleasure of working with Brides and Grooms for over 7 years in Chicago and have worked at the Hotel Monaco for over 2 years. Originally from Chicago, I attended Michigan State University and studied in their acclaimed Hospitality Business program. It's been an amazing experience to bring each of my clients' expectations for their wedding to come to life! I work with the couples right from the beginning to all the way to the end as I am there on property to help set up and coordinate with the vendors to ensure the event is seamless. I can't wait to meet you!