"Our Creative Lighting Makes the Difference"

Lighting is one of the most critical elements to the overall success of your event. Lighting sets mood, directs attention, and transforms your event space into something extraordinary. We offer state of the art lighting & professional service. UpLighting, Barn Lighting, Tent Lighting, Theme Lighting

Lanterns, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights

Carmel, NY
Hudson Valley

The Perfect Mood

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Renee Z

Steve Fernandez of Hour Glass Lighting is one of the Best in the business. He set the mood perfect for our wedding, elegant yet fun and vibrant. Thank you Steve for being the icing on the cake! Derrick & Renée Schmidt ~8/16/13 ~

excellent job!

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 Ria S

I planned our wedding from 600 miles away and at first my husband thought lighting was a stupid expenditure that we didn't need but I insisted. Steve was very easy to work with and always e-mailed me back right away about any questions or concerns I had. The lighting at our... Read More reception was absolutely stunning. It made the room go from a normal banquet hall room to something truly spectacular. Even my husband thought it was worth every cent and we are still getting compliments months later about how gorgeous it looked.

Fantastic wedding ballroom lighting!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 marlene m

Steve and Hourglass Lighting were a pleasure to work with. Steve was very nice and responded quickly to any questions I had though out the planning process. Everything in our ballroom was white and we wanted an icy blue look to create a clean look. Steve gave us exactly what... Read More we wanted in our ballroom, our jaws literally drops when we saw it. Our ballroom had very high ceiling but it was not a problem for them. It was worth every penny! I highly recommend using Hourglass!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015

Hourglass lighting did a great job at our wedding. Steve was super responsive throughout the whole process, from my initial inquiry all the way through delivery and installation. He took the time to listen to our needs, and offered a number of suggestions to fit the bill. We... Read More wound up getting exactly what we wanted for a reasonable price. The lighting was fantastic, set the mood exactly how we had envisioned it. Many of our guests commented on the great string lights. Hourglass already had a great relationship w/ our venue and wedding coordinator, which made the process even easier yet. So glad that we were refereed to Steve, and will be sure to recommend him to others. Thanks!

Great choice!

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Kristin F

We were on the fence about adding the bistro lights at our venue but we were so so glad we did! They looked fantastic and really added to the feel of the wedding. And the photos look great with them in the background! Honestly, we felt like it was one of the better decisions... Read More we made! And Hourglass was really great to work with--very flexible and fair.

So happy we got uplighting!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Lea M

Steve was a pleasure to work with--so effortless to check uplighting off our endless wedding planning to-do list. To be honest, I was on the fence about if we should get uplighting, but Steve worked with our budget, was quick with email replies, and we coordinated our... Read More schedules so that we could swing by for a few minutes as he was setting up another wedding to agree on the final lighting color. Then voila! All was taken care of on our wedding day... no further correspondence needed. Our wedding was in the Grandview tent on a beautiful late September night and I knew amber uplighting would help show off how incredible that space already is. We are so pleased we 1) got uplighting and 2) worked with Steve. Such a win/win scenario. Thanks, Steve!

Outstanding, creative lighting for ceremony at sunset

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Steve and Hourglass Lighting created a gorgeous setting for my daughter's sunset ceremony in a sailcloth tent. Steve created special fall leaf and branch patterns on the inside tent top which glowed on the outside. He also provided a technician on premises the evening of the... Read More ceremony to assure that everything would be perfect. And it was. Everyone told us the ceremony was magical and thanks to Steve and Hourglass Lighting it was!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Lauren R

I contacted Hourglass Lighting a little over a week before my wedding when I had realized I hadn't booked anyone for up light. Steve was awesome, and set us up with a contract within a couple days. The venue looked gorgeous and elegant when we arrived! Steve made everything so... Read More easy for us, so all we had to do was enjoy our day! Many thanks for a beautiful job!

Perfect Lighting

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Danielle B

Steve was awesome! He helped me out in a last minute pinch even though he was already pretty busy the weekend that I needed lighting for my wedding. We chose the amber leaves for the ceiling of the tent and it created the perfect atmosphere for our early fall wedding outside by... Read More a lake. I could not be more pleased with the lighting. Steve is definitely a professional and goes above and beyond for his clients. Our wedding would not have been as beautiful as it all turned out were it not for the perfect lighting under the tent.

Sullivan-Pasparakis Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Jill S

Hourglass lighting did an amazing job at my wedding! The purple uplighting, the custom monogram on the dance floor (which matched the Monogram on the custom aisle runner as well as the font of the invitations), and the spot lights on the tree center pieces created a Ballroom... Read More that impressed everyone. It was elegance at its best! It exceeded every expectation that I had! I cannot wait to use them for another event! On a personal note, Thank You Hourglass Lighting! You have worked with my mother, Janet Sullivan, on Hospice Galas and your work is amazing. To me, this was your best work yet! Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true! Sincerely, Jill M. Sullivan-Pasparakis

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Gianna S

My husband and I used Hourglass Lighting for our wedding at The Marros Estate, a huge room that looked great with uplighting. Steve was so easy to communicate with and anything that we needed he provided for us. He was incredibly professional and we couldn't have asked for a... Read More better company to use.

Hourglass lighting review

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Brittney C

The team at hourglass made our wedding. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, they were responsive and flexible. We had a barn reception and the draped lighting made the venue. They helped me realize our dream atmosphere for our wedding. I would highly recommend... Read More them to any bride.

Just had my wedding!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Steve was really responsive to all my questions and was professional. During a crazy time of wedding planning, I didn't need to worry about Steve and his work. He was punctual and executed exactly what I asked for. I would recommend his services! Also, at my venue they... Read More had a "fake wedding" for the couples to see, they had a DJ do the uplighting. When I saw the uplighting Steve did for my wedding it was sooooo much better and worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Hourglass Lighting Review

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Bianca S

We absolutely loved using Hourglass Lighting for our wedding - Steve was amazing to work with. The whole process was very simple - the uplighting made the decor for the room. We will definitely recommend Hourglass Lighting!

Upstate Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Scarlet C

Steve and his team were a pleasure to work with! My wedding was in a barn in upstate NY and we wanted the whole place to be elegantly lit and not too rustic. Hourglass Lighting made it look magical and was very thoughtful about lighting different areas of the barn differently... Read More (for example, the dance area was light differently than the rest of the barn to differentiate it). Steve and his team really listened to what we wanted and made our vision happen. We could not have been happier with the results.

Outstanding job, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Dana D

Steve Fernandez did the lighting for our wedding this past weekend, September 28th. He did an amazing job and was a pleasure to work with. He was able to match the lighting at our venue perfectly with our bridesmaids dresses. Having our names displayed across the dance floor... Read More added the extra touch, and we received compliments from many of our guests. I would highly recommend Steve Fernandez to anyone looking for lighting at their special event.

Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Emily G

Very professional, went above and beyond expectations- final product was amazing!!

Wonderful addition!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Mary Beth P

I was unsure in the beginning of the wedding process if I wanted to have additional lighting, now looking back I could not be happier that we chose to use Hourglass Lighting for our reception! Steve was a pleasure to work with....I was very indecisive on the color and Steve... Read More offered to try to match our bridesmaids dress color if I could send him a picture. The day of, when I saw the room, it was perfect! The lighting really added the elegance to the room that I was hoping for and it looked wonderful in pictures. Highly recommended, thank you Steve!

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/02/2013 Denis C

Our wedding was on 10/27/12. Steve Fernandez was great to work with. We were very undecided about what colors to use for the reception. Through Steve's assistance, we took some ideas from a recent event and came up with a wonderful scheme for our reception. Steve came to the... Read More venue weeks before the wedding to show me what it would like in person to make I was happy with our decision. I highly recommend using Steve and Hourglass.

Knight in Shining Armor

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Jenny S

My wife and I found the perfect setting for our dream wedding. An incredibly rustic barn in the Hudson Valley area in the fall with the leaves turning. My wife and I had a friend of the family who assured us he could provide everything we would need for lighting, as we had... Read More done a great amount of research and brainstorming as to how we wanted this barn to be lit. Unfortunately, a few weeks before the wedding date, our lighting source fell through. In a state of panic and stress, we turned to TheKnot.com for suggestions. As it turns out, we couldn't have been luckier than finding Steve from Hourglass Lighting. In our first conversation, he immediately checked his availability and ensured us that this was something he could take care of. Steve at Hourglass Lighting has the means to do some really incredible things with lighting, however, he was most concerned about giving my wife and me exactly what we wanted. With only a few days to plan, Steve used pictures of inspiration that we had sent him to mock up precisely what we wanted. After speaking with Steve on the phone a number of times, I had complete trust in him that he was going to light our barn to its fullest beauty. In a million years, I never thought a lighting designer could create such warmth, beauty and ambience, let alone with practically no warning. Steve blew away every expectation we had, all the while doing it with extreme ease and kindness. The pictures we have from the reception are truly stunning, and we have Hourglass Lighting to thank. He truly saved our day. Cannot recommend this company enough!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Danielle Z

Hello All, My husband and I hired Steve Fernandez to do the lighting for our recent October 12, 2012 wedding. Steve was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning taking the time to speak with us on the phone (since we planned our wedding from out of state) and work out... Read More the vibe and ambiance we were looking for on our special day. Although he had never worked at our venue before the room turned out to be absolutely spectacular. We had a warm cozy candlelight glow and some beautiful leaf projections on the ceiling. Our guests had an awesome time dancing and we attribute much of that to the "feeling" he was able to convey with the colors and lights. We could not have chosen better!

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Danielle W

On September 7th, 2012, my husband and I got married. Two weeks beforehand, I decided that I NEEDED lighting for our tent. When I called Steve, he was so helpful. He knew he had other weddings that day but would get back to me shortly. That very next morning we spoke again and... Read More he confirmed that we were on! Not only did he make it work with such short notice, he added extra lighting to our cocktail hour the day of, free of charge, because he felt that the room needed it. He was professional, reliable and went above and beyond to ensure the ambiance at our wedding was perfect. I could not have ask for anything more!

Steve at Hourglass Transformed our Venue

Reviewed on 10/12/2012 Dana D

Although in setting our wedding budget lighting was one of the items we had considered cutting to save money, I am so happy we changed our minds. I cannot begin to describe how much warmer, and more beautiful, our golf club venue became due to the up-lighting provided by... Read More Hourglass Lighting. Steve Fernandez from Hourglass was friendly, professional, responsive, and flexible, and he accommodated all of my requests (which included a last-minute change in lighting color!). We even received compliments from the venue staff who mentioned it was the prettiest the room had ever looked! Highly recommend Hourglass - you will not be disappointed!

Beautiful uplighting!

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Emily T

Steve is great! He was easy to communicate with and did a great job. I love the uplighting.

Excellent Service!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Vanessa D

I was one of those Brides that everything had to be done after hours (due to work schedule) and via email since I couldn't talk during work hours and Steve was great! He responded to all my emails. I sent out a few late emails and to my surprise he would respond instantly. I... Read More only met Steve once at the Anthony's Pier Nine Bridal Show. My transaction was done via email which to me was the best. Hourglass lighting made our lighting decor look beautiful and our Monogram was exactly what we asked for. Great service and delivery.