Husum Highlands Bed and Breakfast

Barn/Farm, Inn/B&B

70 Postgren Rd, Husum, WA

A perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Lily L

We picked Husum Highlands Bed and Breakfast as our wedding venue two years before the Big Day. It was an easy pick: after visiting half a dozen other places in the Gorge (ranging from venues with junk cars on blocks to cattle drive 3-weddings-a-day), Husum Highlands immediately stood out for its charming country elegance, bucolic setting, outstanding views, and for the congenial bonhomie of Carol and Jerry, who made it feel like their home was our home for our special weekend. Their prices were very reasonable and included exclusive use of their B&B for our wedding party for two nights. Jerry's breakfasts are amazing and Carol's pies are delicious! They really pamper you without being intrusive and are very easy to work with. You don't feel like you're just one of a million cookie-cutter people being cycled through a wedding mill; you really feel that their focus is you and your wedding while you're there. Highly, highly recommended!

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Jennifer R

We looked at many places in the Columbia Gorge Area. What appealed to us most about Husum Highlands was that we could rent the whole venue, it has beautiful views of Mt. Hood, and the price was very reasonable. We really enjoyed Jerry and Carol, they made us feel right at home. We had just under 150 people so we had to rent additional tables and chairs. We were able to get these as well as linens and everything else we needed from the Rental Center in Hood River. It was all delivered and picked up without a hitch. We did not choose to have a weeding planner as we had plenty of time and energy to do the research and planning ourselves. However, I think if I did it again I would. Although everything went splendidly with help from our wedding party, it would be nice to have someone else making sure that everything on the big day happened just the way we wanted without us having to think about it. It was a little cloudy during the ceremony but shortly after we had amazing shots of Mt Hood, and it was spectacular at sunset!! We did not rent a tent in fear of rain, and it did rain in the morning, but by the time we were setting up it had turned into the perfect day!! We chose to rent out the place from Friday through Sunday and it was wonderful. I stayed the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids and it was so relaxing and calming I highly recommend it. My family lives nearby and my husbands family had rented rooms elsewhere so the night of the wedding we had some groomsmen and my little sister and it was lovely because we had a private evening in our room, but had some help getting all our gifts, clothes and other things loaded up Sunday morning. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding. Also it makes a great, quite place to get away for anniversaries in the future!! We spent our first anniversary already and hope to have several more with Jerry and Carol.

TO Husum Highlands Bed and Breakfast