'I Do' Weddings Away - Destination Weddings

Wedding

Destination Weddings

Calgary, AB (403) 509-9343

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Pam to the Rescue! My name is Brittany Whillans and this letter indicates my experience with Pamala Park-Walker as a travel agent and wedding planner towards our wedding in October 2013 in the Riviera Maya Mexico. I first met Pam at the Bridal Fair in Calgary Alberta in... Read More 2011. I had no idea what to do in the means of planning and organizing a destination wedding for myself and fiancé. I was intrigued by her polite demeanor and professional approach. I was given a free magnet that had all of Pam’s contact information which I was eager to address when I had a million plus questions for her. Pam was always very informative and helpful when it came to locations, hotel, prices and figuring out how to score us and our guests a deal. Pam still is prompt in response to my e-mails and did everything she could to make sure my now husband and I had a wonderful wedding experience along with honeymoon and guest vacation. I will never forget when our little town of High River was hit hard on June 20th, 2013. My wedding was scheduled for July 25th, 2013 but unfortunately due to the flood we had a few friends and family affected dearly. We were terrified and shocked that we might have to cancel our wedding. Pam worked so hard and finally came to us with some good news! She had persuaded Sun wing airlines to let us postpone our wedding/trip until the end of October free of charge! This gave our friends, family and we enough time to rebuild our lives, and save up money. In the end we had a fabulous wedding, our guests had an amazing trip and. I have said this many times to Pam but I would not have been able to do it without her! I recommend Pamala Park-Walker to anyone who needs an efficient, caring destination wedding planner who will do whatever she can to ensure you not only get the vacation you want, where you want but the wedding of your dreams as well. Thank you for everything Pam!! Brittany and Brady Whillans.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Pamela helped us pick the perfect resort for our dream wedding in the budget we set! She was fantastic at handling our guests travel needs and questions. I really appreciated the timely manner in which she got back to me with my questions and concerns. She was exactly what I... Read More needed to help plan my dream wedding and have reccomended her to my friends.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Amanda A

When my husband and I first decided we were going to have a destination wedding I was both excited and terrified. I have never been a very good planner and knew nothing about planning a wedding let alone a destination wedding. I first met Pam at her booth at the annual wedding... Read More expo here in Calgary. I was looking at all the vendors for destination weddings and was feeling very overwhelmed. I really wanted to make the right choice and have the wedding of my dreams. Pam held a Q&A at her office a few weeks later so I decided to go. There were quite a few people there and there wasn't really time for one on one so we booked a get together for the following week. As I was driving to the coffee shop I was still unsure if I had made the right choice. But by the end of our meeting I knew I had. She was perfect and I was so lucky to have met her. She was so knowledgeable and friendly and despite my small budget she was still able to give me my dream wedding. She did all the set up so the only thing we had to do was make decisions on what we wanted, very little planning for me! I felt more like I was working with a friend than a travel agent. I wish I could go back and relive that day again. If we ever do a destination vow renewal, which I really hope to, I will definitely be going back to her! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone even considering a destination wedding!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

I was a guest at a wedding on the Mayan Riviera that Pam coordinated. She was on-site for this event and I was really impressed with how calm she seemed and how knowledgeable she was. She put everyone at ease, and knew how to get things done. She is really lovely to deal with.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

We used Pam for our wedding at Couple's Swept away in Jamaica and we loved the hotel. She walked us through the whole process and and made suggestions along the way that helped make our special day even that more special. Would not hesitate to recommend Pam and her services.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I had the good fortune to have Pam plan my destination wedding to Mexico in 2009, and wanted to summarize my experience for others to read. When it came time to plan my wedding, I’d always just assumed that it would be a traditional wedding celebration in a hotel or golf... Read More course or something like that, and that we would do it near where we lived to minimize travel for those who would attend. Despite this my fiancé eventually talked me into the idea of a Destination Wedding. As our Destination Wedding Travel Agent Pam was helpful, knowledgeable and organized in handling the travel for the 50 guests who attended from multiple locations across Western Canada…many of whom had never done a tropical holiday and had numerous questions about room sizes, view options and pool/beach proximity, etc. I didn’t hear any complaints from any of our guests about travel plans, room categories, pricing, etc. as Pam handled everything well. She was also instrumental in dealing with the Wedding Planning Staff at the resort and helping us finalize details for the ceremony and the dinner party. Pam also helped organize some group activities for our guests as our Thank-You to them for attending, including a private resort dinner for our guests to meet-and-great at the beginning of the week, and an afternoon ocean cruise mid-week. It’s been a few years now since our Destination Wedding in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, but our guests all still rave about what an amazing week they all had down there, and we still have fond memories of our Wedding on the beach with family and friends. And I still believe that our destination wedding success and the enjoyment and satisfaction of all our guests can be directly attributed to Pam’s efforts and experience. And just so you know, Pam was my fiancé…we remain together today and are looking forward to renewing our vows on the beach someday soon! And Yes we will likely use her services again to plan that experience :)

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

I was a guest with a group that Pamela organized, and our trip was simply amazing. From assistance in choosing the perfect location to ensuring every detail had been addressed, Pam's expert planning made the trip a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this company to... Read More anyone for a destination wedding.

2015-10-02T11:20:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words - I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience. Best, Pam

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

Our Destination Wedding was beyond our dreams - it was absolutely perfect in every way. We have to give a lot of the credit to Pamela as she kept me on point, organized, NOT stressed, and I was able to enjoy the little bit of planning I had to do. All our guests were very... Read More happy with her service as well, and many felt she went above and beyond any service they had received from other travel agents in the past. We can't wait to go back for an anniversary trip!

2015-10-02T11:21:14 Response from the vendor

It is so lovely to read your kind words - thank you, and all the best to you both in your future together!

No Stress Travel Planning

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

My husband and I worked with Pam to book our beautiful wedding at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. The minute I spoke with her on the phone I knew she was the one for us. I had so many other things to worry about and plan, travel was something I did not want to be stressed... Read More about. She took the time to meet with me for coffee to answer any questions I had, and always returned my emails or phone calls. We had no idea even where to start looking for resorts. Pam researched resorts and gave us choices and prices in our range, then discussed each one of them with us. When we decided on Punta Cana. She even booked a trip to Dominican to have a look at the resort and met with the wedding department. We were so pleased when she came back and told us how beautiful the resort was and how organized it was. That made me so happy. I appreciated this so much. As a bride you want everything to be perfect, and Pam made sure of that. She also helped us book 40 guests travelling from two different provinces and every friend and family member can say that she was amazing and very helpful. Pam made everybody feel comfortable booking their trip, and nobody had to worry about anything except getting to the airport on time!! I loved the fact that Pam also was a bride and had a destination wedding. We could relate. We could not ask for a better travel agent. I would recommend her to anyone who wants exceptional service, organization, and a "friend" to help plan the best day of your life. Thanks again Pam for making all of our wedding wishes come true.

2015-09-30T17:50:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Melinda, it was such a pleasure to work with you, Philippe and your loved ones. Best wishes always, Pam.

Exceptional & Professional Service

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

My daughter had her destination wedding in Mexico, all arranged by Pamela, and our overall experience working with her was excellent. She was extremely knowledgeable about everything from the travel arrangements, to her knowledge of destinations & resorts, and even about... Read More what to expect with planning the wedding day events. We had 60 guests in our group from across Canada and some internationally, and everyone I chatted with in our group remarked about how friendly and helpful Pamela was with them, especially when dealing with any special needs, questions, and with those who have not travelled a lot. Myself and my daughter, the Bride, highly recommend you book your destination wedding with Pamela as you would be getting the very best service for yourself and your guests throughout the planning and booking process. Thank you Pam!

2015-09-28T18:38:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Barbara for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure assisting all your guests and especially the lovely bride & groom! All the best as newlyweds to you!

The "Perfect" wedding we visioned!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

My fiancee, myself and 40 of our closest family & friends traveled to Cancun, Mexico and stayed at the Azul Sensatori for 7 days of fun, sun and gettin' hitched. It was an absolutely flawless trip and many of our guests told us it was the best vacation they had ever been on. We... Read More would have never have been there if it weren't for Pam - our travel agent at "I Do" Weddings Away. Pam was so good at communication and organizing everything that my wife and I had to do very little of the work. She was the one who recommended our perfect resort (and it WAS perfect!). She was incredibly resourceful and took great care in answering the hundreds of questions I had bombarded her with. We were actually so impressed with her service, that we've routed some other future newlyweds her way and have the pleasure of dealing with her again. Thank you so much for your amazing work! Sincerely, Adam Cygman

2015-09-28T15:51:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Adam, it was a real pleasure and honor to have had just a tiny part in your big day! Best wishes to you both.