Idea Day / Wedding Films

Serving Raleigh and beyond, Idea Day Films is an affordable wedding videography company specializing in capturing your wedding day with artistic style and setting new standards for wedding film production.

$ – Inexpensive

Documentary

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Second Shooter Available, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video

Raleigh NC and Beyond (919) 589-2135

Great to work with

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Melissa S

John of Southern Video Design is a joy to work with. Very enthusiastic about his work and dedicated to capturing every minute of the ceremony/reception. We used him after seeing how great of a job he did with my sister's wedding. We are looking forward to our seeing our video... Read More soon!

Great to work with.

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Shelby B

John was amazing to work with and seems like he really enjoys his job. I have not gotten our video back yet, but I was impressed with his style as he videoed EVERYTHING for our wedding.

Great Videographer

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Anais G

John with Southern Video Design is great. He is very knowledgeable of what all he needs to do as a videographer to capture every moment of your special day. He has great assistants and I would recommend him to anyone. Plus he did the wedding of someone very close to the owner of... Read More southern bride magazine. Now if that doesnt say enough then look up his work because its excelent

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Raymond W

It seems as if I am having the same issue as everyone else. He was great leading up to and on the wedding day, but since then he has been completely unresponsive to multiple attempts to contact him. I hired a lawyer and am commencing legal action. If others are in a similar... Read More situation, please feel free to contact me at rwilliams603 AT gmail.com. Based on the similar fact pattern amongst others, this could potentially arise to criminal conduct.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Brittany M

DO NOT USE! My wedding was December of 2015 and I still do not have my wedding video. I was notified that he was finally finishing my video in August of 2016 and that he would be mailing out. It is now March 2017 and no word on where my video is. John will not return any phone... Read More calls or emails. There are several other complaints with Better Business Bureau regarding the same issue, so it appears he has found a way to con people out of both money and an irreplaceable memento. We are in the midst of legal proceedings to get my video or at least money back at this point. Please do not make my same mistake.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Trina H

I got married January 2016 and still have. I video!!!! Will not return emails or phone calls. It's now October!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Kayla S

John Hayes was great leading up to the wedding and the day of . He was very enthusiastic and you can tell he loves what he does and knows a lot of about it. However, none of that means anything if you can't see your video. We are almost 8 months out and have yet to receive our... Read More video or a solid answer as to when we will get it. I'm very disappointed because I think he does really great work but this has ruined it for me.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Katie P

John Hayes was amazing! I definitely recommend him for anyone wanting a videographer. I had a hard time at first debating weither or not to spend the extra money on having someone video the wedding but SO glad I did! Well worth the money!

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Cortney W

John Hayes is very friendly and easy to work with, even with me planning a wedding from abroad. He was very flexible with our wedding plans, collaborating us to get the most out of our package. He even offered us a military discount! My only recommendation is to inquire early... Read More about the time frame for your products - we are four months out and eagerly awaiting our wedding video. Overall great guy and service!

Awesome videographer!!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Polly C

I researched lots of wedding videographers and watched many video clips from different vendors. We met with John of SVD and after our meeting, we were pretty much ready to book him. He is so full of energy, which is great because they are with you the entire wedding day!!! We... Read More went home with a copy of one of his wedding DVDs and watched it that night. We loved what we saw and were confident he'd do a great job. John and Shannon were awesome and just as he said, on the reception dance floor, we didn't even notice they were there (most people don't want to dance in front of the camera)! We received our trailer as promised just a few days after the wedding and it came out AMAZING!!! We've received many compliments on his work and we can't wait to see our finished full-length video! You won't go wrong with SVD!

Best Decision!

Reviewed on 11/19/2011 Lindsay W

Getting a videographer was a last minute decision because it really wasn't in the budget. Man am I glad we did! John was incredible to work with and there is not a day that goes by that I do not watch the trailer for our video. Can't wait to see the whole thing. His work is... Read More outstanding and you should really check it out!

Best Videographer Ever

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Melissa M

John Hayes has more energy than anyone can handle. He loves his career path and video taping beautiful weddings. I met John before I was a bride at a bridal show as a bridesmaid. Years later he filmed my wedding and made the entire wedding day experience memorable. He took some... Read More incredible shots that I can wait to see. He can create your wedding film in high definition and in Blue ray!! John's very professional and always available to discuss ideas. I highly recommend him to film your wedding or other memorable event.