More than a DJ.

Tim Humphrey understands that you don't need another cookie-cutter DJ, but someone who creates a customized experience for your wedding. By working closely with you to understand the significance of your story, Ideal Entertainment makes sure that your wedding is creative, authentic and FUN!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Olivia B

Tim was awesome. My husband and I are both fairly casual and easy-going and had a smaller wedding and reception. Even though our event was smaller in scale, Tim worked so well with what we wanted. He had great advice and was also a great resource when I needed contacts for... Read More various vendors. Because he has so much experience, I was able to have connections to many different people that I wouldn't have had before. Tim is very detail orientated and organized well, he helped us tie up loose ends and become more concrete with what we wanted. What I appreciated most was how flexible, prompt, and easy to contact Tim was throughout the entire process of planning the wedding to the big day. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Best Decision Made for Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 John W

Tim was much more than just a DJ. He was an entertainer, that went above and beyond the service we hired him for and in the end, became a friend. Our first meeting with him went so smoothly and he generated excitement for us as we talked about our big day. He really seemed to... Read More care about our story and worked hard to transform our wedding vision into a reality. He was easy to talk to and very professional at the same time. He seemed just as passionate about our wedding journey as we were. While other DJs only guaranteed us a few meetings to plan, Tim made himself available as many times as we needed. He even joined us around town as we chose between venues. When he gave advice, we really felt like he was on our side. As the big day grew near, his presence was extremely helpful and comforting. When we chose Tim, we were very confident about his abilities and knew that he would be great, yet somehow he still managed to exceed our expectations (which was incredible considering we already had very high expectations). Not only did he make sure we were doing okay throughout the day, he also checked on our guests. He kept them up to date when our wedding started about 30 minutes late and had them move to shaded area so they wouldn't have to wait in the sun. He also navigated everyone through the itinerary of day so that no one felt lost or confused about where they should be. Tim surprised us by involving the crowd in our grand entrance and it was by far our favorite memory of the night. He also gave a very sweet introduction to our bridal party that was giving speeches. He did a fabulous job getting people to the dance floor and his perfect music choices kept people on the dance floor. He used beautiful uplighting that transformed the room and set the mood throughout the night. At the end, we were very happy to have Tim as the DJ/MC/Entertainer/Companion. He exceeded our expectations as he went above and beyond through our year of planning. We highly recommend Tim. It was one of the best decisions we could have possible made. He will alleviate stress and help create memories that will last forever.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kayla D

If you are trying to decide on a DJ for your wedding, STOP RIGHT HERE. Working with Ideal Entertainment was THE BEST decision we made during the wedding planning process. Tim, the owner and "master of ceremonies" as we called him has been a friend of mine for the past five... Read More years, ensuring a good time for me and my coworkers at our holiday parties. I knew his style and level of professionalism from working with him on company events. Being a wedding client of Tim's was another level of awesome for me and my groom. We were so thrilled with his hands on approach, making us feel quite honestly like his only clients. After deciding not use a wedding planner (because of my own event planning experience and the desire for a down to earth, true to us style of wedding), I quickly realized that I was in over my head in more than a few ways. Planning an event with your own money and for yourself can be extremely overwhelming. But, with Tim's help and incredible vision over many coffee dates, we planned out timelines, worked through details, assigned tasks and were able to put some amazing wedding plans in place. I couldn't imagine the planning process working without him. When it came to execution, Ideal Entertainment delivered to the highest order. Showing up early to ensure every detail we had discussed together came to fruition was just the beginning. Ou wedding day was one that some may put in the "unfortunate" column. A beautiful September weekend in Chelan turned into an extremely rainy and blustery wedding day. All morning, it rained. Just an hour before the ceremony it stopped. However, the wind was just getting started with us. We (& my veil) spent our ceremony fighting the wind. It was still beautiful and Tim's suggestion of using sound equipment during the ceremony saved us on that windy day. The reception was so fun, and so cold. Tim did an excellent job of keeping my guests happy in the cold! A dance party is the perfect defence against cold wind. :D Call Ideal Entertainment now, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Trel D

We could not be happier with our experience with Ideal Entertainment. Tim is a true master of ceremonies. He is highly personable and was always available every step of the way in planning our event. Tim was incredible with easing our minds and reducing any stress involved... Read More with the process of preparing for such a big day. We created a time line with Tim that was followed to a T and ran like clockwork. Tim had great intuition with our guests and ensured there was not a dull moment all night. He introduced ideas to us to really get all of our guests involved and make them feel like part of the event. Tim is a true professional and was invaluable in making the wedding of our dreams a reality. We really can not say enough great things about Tim and how he was able to enhance such a special and memorable day of our lives. We truly don't believe 5 stars is enough to describe the work that Tim put in to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 David K

We cannot say enough good things about Tim! Our original DJ cancelled four days before our wedding, which left us scrambling, to say the least. Tim was referred to us, and though he was working a gig on Friday night, made a special exception to work our wedding on Saturday. Even... Read More though he only had a few hours to get to know us, he was spot on for the night. Beyond his DJ work though, he also acted as the MC. Tim was able to direct the wedding, guiding us where needed, and deftly managed the flow of the night, all night. In the end, I’m sort of glad the other guy bailed because Tim was so outstanding, our wedding turned out much better with him. Given how great he was on short notice, I can only imagine how awesome he would be if he had a normal amount of time to get to prepare. You should absolutely hire him to be your DJ.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 tracy a

Wish I could give 10 stars!!! Do yourself and hire Tim for your wedding - quarenteed you won't be sorry!!!! As a mother of the bride who was planning a wedding for my daughter who lives out of state, I feel so lucky to have found Tim. He skyped with the couple several times,... Read More was great at understanding their vision of the event, he cared about all of the details, was so wonderful with the guests. He's a master of ceremonies for the biggest day of your life and you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Rob T

Tim and his team were outstanding! From the moment we had our initial video call to the time he was helping me get a drink and taking my jacket at the wedding, we were all blown away from his experience, kindness, and genuine interest in us and our special story. Since we were... Read More traveling a far distance to our wedding Tim set aside several hours to get to know my wife and I really well. One thing we were impressed with were the insightful questions he had asked us that we never thought about before. From that point on, I knew he was the perfect host for our wedding. Everyone at our wedding had awesome things to say and they kept raving of how he seemed to know us so well and that there was never a dull or tedious moment at the venue. One thing that also stood out was when we met up with our videographer after the wedding, he was complimenting Tim's level of service by always keeping the vendors up to date and on time with the flow of things happening. Bottom line for us - Tim is a very highly skilled and extremely personable DJ/MC/Host for any venue or event. He took the time needed to get to know us, did exactly what we had asked him (especially with our must play song list - since a few of the items were hard to come by). He was supportive at the wedding, charming, and genuinely happy being there. Keep this in mind - we initially allotted a much smaller percentage of our budget to the DJ/MC role. But after looking and talking with many people - Tim and ideal entertainment were on a completly different level and we were fully committed and satisfied with working with him. Thanks so much again Tim!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 violet w

I had a great time working with Tim. He is fun, creative, experienced, nice, professional and fast to respond. I heard lots of great comments from my friends and family after the wedding that our wedding is the best one they've ever attended. Tim was a major factor for this... Read More success. Our guests teared up for our love story that Tim presented and they also laughed sooooo hard for all the games Tim prepared. He has some great music too to keep people on the dance floor. I cannot tell you how much we love him and my brother in law together with other relatives told us to keep his contact information for their future wedding. Tim felt like our old friend now. Would love to hire him again for other events. PS, I have very high standards for everything and interviewed many DJ/MCs before we contracted Tim. I rarely give 5 stars but for Tim I would not hesitate. Thank youTim for making our wedding so perfect and memorable. Violet

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Jamie P

My husband and I got married last month, June 2016, and were so grateful and happy to have Ideal Entertainment be our Host of Ceremony for the reception. Tim Humphrey from the first time, my husband and I met him knew we had to have him for our wedding. We met for a 30-minute... Read More Q&A session as we were still determining which vendor to select and we ended up talking to him for more than an hour! Tim met with us as many times as we asked and provided helpful sheets and a website to help us manage our songs and the timeline of the wedding. Tim kept us calm and stress-free before the wedding by calling and checking-in often. On the day of the wedding, Tim made the guests feel comfortable, relaxed, and kept everyone laughing and engaged with us, the newlyweds. We even forgot the garter for the reception and instead of disregarding the bouquet and garter toss, Tim came up with the rationale that my husband wanted to keep the garter all to himself which everyone thought was just perfect, and no one found out that we just didn’t have the garter! Tim kept everyone on the dance floor all night long, and handled guest requests and all special dances (father/daughter, mother/son) with thoughtful intention. Tim continuously found ways to get everyone on the dance floor and kept the reception lively, celebratory, and stress-free for everyone. Tim was a little out of our budget, but after we met with 4 other vendors, we knew that Tim was what we wanted, and he was worth every single penny!! I highly, highly recommend Tim and Ideal Entertainment.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kael M

Tim was very professional and enthusiastic! You can tell he loves what he does and is excited to bring the fun to every wedding! Our guests were constantly commenting on how interactive he was with everyone. Because he had worked our venue before, he knew exactly how the sound... Read More traveled so everyone could hear our officiant and speeches. His ability to get people on the dance floor made it so people of every age could participate in the fun! I would recommend Ideal Entertainment to any couple looking to have their day run smoothly!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Hannah J

We got a lot of compliments about Tim during my wedding... He seriously brought the entertainment factor without sounding like a cheesy or intrusive DJ. He made the wedding classy and entertaining and made sure that we were feeling fantastic the whole time. He was definitely a... Read More crowd pleaser and I wouldn't want anyone else up there doing what he did!! Many people I know that have gotten married have said that they are "relieved" when the wedding is over... We woke up the next morning wanting to relive it over and over. We had little to no stress leading up to the wedding and the big day could not have gone more smoothly thanks to Tim and my amazing other vendors. We had first class service through the whole process. Tim really isn't just a DJ or MC (I know, sounds cliche but super true). I loved that I told him ideas about how I wanted my day to go and he would not only politely tell me when something I wanted to do probably wouldn't go well... he would have an alternative that WOULD go smoothly and guests would love. It's so important to hire professionals that know what they are doing and Tim is an expert. He made my whole vision (flow, entertainment and lighting decor!) come to life and it was AMAZING. Fairy-tale perfect. Everything was 100X better than I could have hoped. My now husband and I love Tim and we hope to see him around :) You will not regret the money you spent on top notch vendors like Tim. There is a reason he has this many 5 star reviews. He will be your friend through the whole process and after! P.S. If you don't know anyone who's done the shoe game at their wedding... You should do it... Our guests were crying with laughter!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kendehl C

Tim did such an incredible job at our wedding! His DJ skills are on point, and his MC skills and ability to manage the day were the icing on the cake. He even came over a few weeks before the wedding to work through the day-of timeline and make suggestions that made a big... Read More difference in the execution of the day. Not only that, but he is there the entire day for you - no limitations on time. What he offers is the best in service and in execution. We can't say enough great things about Tim, he is AWESOME! If you're considering Tim as a DJ, you should really just hire him already. No one else can match everything this great guy offers. The seamlessness of having your uplighting/spotlights, MC and DJ all together is worth every cent. Especially since he's so good at all three! He made the entire night completely awesome, and it's all memorialized in photos that wouldn't have been as epic had we not chosen the uplighting as well. Thank you so much Tim for making our day AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jen M

Tim was the eye in the storm. We have a 250+ turn out and he kept everything moving seamlessly. Tim listened and got to know us as individuals and as a couple. It was fun and tailored unique to our style and personality. I believe it was so successful because the genuine care... Read More and passion Tim brings. Every guest left gushing about how ours was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been too. It was absolutely amazing and unforgettable. Tim and Ideal Entertainment helped make real life magic happen for us. I couldn't have asked or dreamed for better.

Ideal Entertainment was fantastic!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

We hired Tim at Ideal Entertainment for our early-January wedding at the Mount Baker Community Clubhouse in Seattle. We were thoroughly impressed with his professionalism, skill and guidance throughout the entire process. Not only was the music and lighting amazing, but he... Read More provided valuable guidance and worked closely with us to make the evening as special as possible. Above all, it was just a lot of fun working with him to plan our event. He asked insightful questions and responded to our requests promptly. Many of our guests commented that it was one of the best weddings they've attended. On the big night, he was nice enough to give me a tour of his music and lighting equipment. Since I'm a techie, this was a lot of fun. They're using some really cool gear, and it was very impressive watching him use it. Overall, we could not be happier with the results. My bride and I would both enthusiastically recommend Ideal Entertainment for any wedding or event.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Amber R

Tim is an amazing DJ. He make sure that everything ran smoothly for us and he was super flexible and prepared for anything. On they day of it looked like our out door dance floor might get rained out so he set up inside but when the sun came out he moved all his equipment back... Read More outside for us before we even knew what was happening! His shoe game is hilarious and everyone loved it. Leading up to the wedding he was very supportive and encouraged us to contact him with any questions or concerns we were having, not just about music/DJ duties but about anything wedding related. I would definitely recommend him to other couples!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 A A

Tim was incredible to work with - super fun, super positive, super responsive - the whole package. He even took the time to meet with us to go over extra details and make our event timeline perfect. On the day of, he really made our reception with his charisma and charm. He's... Read More also got a great collection of lighting - bonus! We were so glad we hired him and highly recommend his services!

No need to look further than here for your emcee!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Beth B

Wow! I can not begin to put in to words how great Tim with Ideal Entertainment is. From start to finish, from the moment we first met with him until the very end of our wedding, Tim was attentive and helpful. He helped us along the way through our entire planning process and... Read More even recommended vendors for other wedding services when we needed help. The day of our wedding was spectacular. We literally didn't have to worry about a thing. Tim handled the entire evening and made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and everything ran smoothly. We had several guests tell us that our wedding was the best one they had ever been to! If you want a worry free reception and ceremony, and if you want your guests to have the time of their lives, then Tim is your man!

Ideal Entertainment - Best in the Business

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Brianne O

Tim Humphrey's services were absolutely invaluable. All the events of the evening flowed so smoothly with him at the helm, and the dance floor was amazing. With the lighting he provided and his selection of music, it was a party that just would not stop. We received SO many... Read More compliments from guests on our DJ, and all that praise should be directed to Tim and his team. I would recommend him to anyone.

A Perfect Celebration

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lois F

Tim provided DJ/lighting services for my daughter's 8/9/14 wedding at DeLille Cellars. He did a phenomenal job. My daughter and son-in-law did most of the coordinating with him before the wedding and they said he was always very helpful, making suggestions and giving them... Read More plenty of ideas. He also asked them a lot of questions about what kind of music they wanted/didn't want at the reception, so they were all on the same page. On the wedding day, Tim arrived early to set up and was very professional. He was dressed appropriately. He had to set up two sound systems....one outdoors for the ceremony and another inside for the dinner/dancing. When the music started before the ceremony, it as SO clear...and I saw NO speakers (and no Tim!) so I really don't have any idea how he pulled that off..he was that unobtrusive! He also provided a wireless microphone for our minister she wore on her collar and that picked up the voices of the bride and groom so everyone in attendance could clearly hear the vows. During the dinner, Tim acted like a gracious and cordial host, instructing people when it was time to move from cocktails to dinner, introducing speakers who offering toasting, inviting guests to watch the cake cutting, first dances, etc. He had worked with my daughter to make little "intros" for each toaster which made it very personal. Throughout he was totally classy.... NOTHING cheesy about him at all..he is the kind of guy you would welcome into your home and be friends with! Tim provided beautiful lighting and even made a monogram of the bride and groom's initials that he projected above the dance floor. It as beautiful. I never thought lighting really mattered but it made the room so romantic and inviting and it just glowed and was so beautiful. I think the highlight of the wedding was the "shoe game" which I guess used to be played with the bride and grooms shoes but now is played with little rubber ducks, one a bride and one a groom. There is no description of this game that makes it sound anything other than lame but it is absolutely HILARIOUS. Everyone was talking about it. My extended family is normally pretty reserved and I was worried they would all stand there in stone silence when this game went on, but everyone was just roaring with laughter... just cute questions like "which one of you is really the boss?" and "which one of you has a crazier family" and the bride and groom, who are seated in back-to-back chairs, hold up the bride or groom's shoe (or bride or groom duck toy) to signify their answer. It was a GREAT way to get the party started...went from that directly into dancing and people hardly sat down the whole night long. At the end of the night, people were all saying how fast the wedding was and that it just sped by. Since the wedding was at 5:30 and it was almost midnight by the time we all left, it was not a short wedding but because Tim did such a great time keeping us all entertained with the shoe game, the dancing, etc. it really just speed by. The BEST part was that as the bride's mom, I was completely relaxed and truly felt like a guest at my own party. Tim took complete charge and just ran the event like it was a party he was hosting in his own home and WOW did he do a great job!

Flawless and Fun

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kim E

Picking a DJ was a difficult part of the wedding planning process for me. After all, they are really the only vendor you hire without being able to watch/see their work beforehand. Additionally, my husband and I don't really dance much and find that as soon as weddings we've... Read More attended turn into dance clubs is the point when we leave. We didn't want to feel like we wanted to leave our own wedding! All of those worries were cast aside when we found and hired Tim and Ideal Entertainment. Tim was so much more than a DJ. He was also the emcee of our evening and, in many ways, our day of coordinator. He met with us frequently throughout the planning process which allowed him to get to know us as a couple. He listened to our likes and dislikes and offered advice as appropriate. His online planning program was super easy to navigate and helpful along the way. On the day of I didn't have to worry about a thing because Tim and his team had everything under control (including calming my nerves right before I walked down the aisle). He kept the evening moving along on time and read the crowd accurately as he chose the music. I'll admit I had a bit of sticker shock upon our initial meeting, but in the end it was worth every penny to have our wedding be as flawless and fun as Ideal Entertainment helped it to be.

Extraordinary Experience with Ideal Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

From the first moment we met Tim, we knew he was going to be our DJ and Master of Ceremonies. Aside from his brilliant portfolio and notable works from previous weddings, Tim truly has a knack for effectively getting to the core of any pair of individuals in front of him in... Read More order to refine a certain vision, and customize the music to fit any theme. The processes he went through for us showcased a tremendous work ethic, thoughtful and lengthy consideration, and maximal organization that my wife and I never saw coming. Tim met up with us on several occasions over coffee and was always right there for us, even for things beyond his job description. (Or so we thought) -"How is the planning going?" -"How are you feeling?" -"Music aside, is there anything I can take off your plate right now?" We have never felt so nurtured! This type of treatment is beyond "entertainment," this is royal service met with an authentic smile. I had no idea the amount of time and energy that went into what Ideal Entertainment does to be a top-tier service provider, but we are certainly glad we took the time to meet with them. We have no words for how epic and amazing our wedding was, people are STILL talking about it, and at least 90% of the credit goes to Tim and Ideal entertainment. From the website features that allow you to create your own playlist, to mapping out the venue outside on a rainy wedding day to create an incredible experience for your guests, Tim will go beyond your expectations to deliver the greatest wedding day you could ever have dreamed up. The clincher was really his ability to relieve us of any pre-wedding stress throughout the last 4 months. Tim, if you're reading this, I can't thank you enough. You are simply a remarkable person and we couldn't imagine what are special day (or months prior) would have been like without you on our team. Thank you for treating us like royalty and at the end of the night, treating us like new friends. See you at the Halloween Party! :)

Perfectly paced wedding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Christine N

From the onset of meeting Tim, we felt immediately confident in his skills. Every time we met, I left feeling much less anxious and much more assured about the details of the wedding. For every possible hiccup, he has a seamless solution. His guidance reflects his experience... Read More in not only MCing, but in understanding the flow of a wedding and making sure everything is well-paced. After the wedding, I received compliment after compliment about the how fun and well-paced the wedding was. I wish I could take credit for the compliment, but truth is it would not have happened without Tim. People (myself included) were on the dance floor all night, and Tim did a great job with music selection and keeping the dance floor alive! I was able to enjoy the day without having to worry about anything. He led me throughout the evening so I didn't have to worry. His expertise was well worth the financial investment, and made the entire evening surpass my expectations. I have no regrets and the night lives in my memory as a wonderful, joyous day!

AMAZING MC

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

We had Tim from Ideal Entertainment as our MC for our wedding. His services were amazing. From our first appointment he had questions for us that helped direct us to the right path and ideas for our wedding. He was very personable and knowledgeable. Everything is included in the... Read More price and I felt that I was getting the my own personal wedding experience. He was everything he promised and more. Without him I would have not even thought about certain things to prepare for at my ceremony and reception. He transitioned everything so smoothly that I had so many people come up afterwards to tell me that it was the best wedding the had been to, I give Tim this credit. It was better than I could have imagined!!

Music, lights, and personality: Tim is, indeed, ideal

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

Tim did a fantastic job of not only guiding our guests through the course of the wedding reception, but guiding me and my husband through the process of planning it. His music choices were great (we got lots of compliments throughout and after the evening, from the even the... Read More snobbiest of our music snob friends) and he struck a good balance between being serious and fun, without being cheesy. Tim's services went beyond just music and emceeing and also made a big difference in the visuals of the reception: he did a beautiful job with the lighting and absolutely transformed our venue, even coming up with custom lighting effects for dancing vs. eating vs. toasts. We're so glad we worked with Tim and Ideal Entertainment; our wedding would not have been the same without him.

Best DJ!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

We just can't say enough positive things about Tim. We had 2 months of wedding preparations, so we were really tight on time. After meeting with 3 DJ’s, we were starting to lose hope  When we met Tim though, it was very clear that he was of a much higher caliber and we very... Read More quickly trusted him. Tim knew what he was talking about, he listened to what we wanted and suggested stuff without forcing them on us. During the planning process, he was always available and promptly responsive. We asked him to play Arabic music and he put a lot of preparation and effort to get the nuances of the arabic rhythms and dances. During the night he was able to mix between Arabic and English very well and like a someone who has a lot of experience doing it! At the wedding, he kept track of everything, reminding us of next steps as needed and clearing with us any potential deviations from the initial plan. Really, we had no complaints! I had many worries the morning of my wedding, but the DJ wasn't one! He just made me feel comfortable that he had it under control. Tim was not just the DJ, but instead was the go to person before the dancing part started, and not to mention that he did a great job with the music throughout the evening. All I remember is that we danced all night long.

Tim Humphrey

Tim Humphrey has entertained audiences up and down the west coast for 10 years as a full time Professional entertainer. His client list includes professional athletes, celebrities, major industry leaders and major corporations. When it comes to the highly discerning client, Tim is often a first call for high impact events.

Start a Conversation!