More than a DJ

Tim Humphrey understands that you don't need another cookie-cutter DJ, but someone who creates a customized experience for your wedding. By working closely with you to understand the significance of your story, Ideal Entertainment makes sure that your wedding is creative, authentic and FUN!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Greater Seattle Area (425) 681-7538

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kayla D

If you are trying to decide on a DJ for your wedding, STOP RIGHT HERE. Working with Ideal Entertainment was THE BEST decision we made during the wedding planning process. Tim, the owner and "master of ceremonies" as we called him has been a friend of mine for the past five... Read More years, ensuring a good time for me and my coworkers at our holiday parties. I knew his style and level of professionalism from working with him on company events. Being a wedding client of Tim's was another level of awesome for me and my groom. We were so thrilled with his hands on approach, making us feel quite honestly like his only clients. After deciding not use a wedding planner (because of my own event planning experience and the desire for a down to earth, true to us style of wedding), I quickly realized that I was in over my head in more than a few ways. Planning an event with your own money and for yourself can be extremely overwhelming. But, with Tim's help and incredible vision over many coffee dates, we planned out timelines, worked through details, assigned tasks and were able to put some amazing wedding plans in place. I couldn't imagine the planning process working without him. When it came to execution, Ideal Entertainment delivered to the highest order. Showing up early to ensure every detail we had discussed together came to fruition was just the beginning. Ou wedding day was one that some may put in the "unfortunate" column. A beautiful September weekend in Chelan turned into an extremely rainy and blustery wedding day. All morning, it rained. Just an hour before the ceremony it stopped. However, the wind was just getting started with us. We (& my veil) spent our ceremony fighting the wind. It was still beautiful and Tim's suggestion of using sound equipment during the ceremony saved us on that windy day. The reception was so fun, and so cold. Tim did an excellent job of keeping my guests happy in the cold! A dance party is the perfect defence against cold wind. :D Call Ideal Entertainment now, you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Nick J

Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to make sure your event is perfect, you're not going to find a better company than Ideal Entertainment to make that happen. And the reason for that is the man behind the company, Tim Humphrey. Tim is the ultimate professional, and will go above... Read More and beyond to make sure your day (whether a corporate event, a wedding, or anything in between) is special. We could spend this review talking about the lighting he set up (our venue looked amazing) or his prowess as a DJ (everyone got sweaty), but beyond that, we wanted to share how else he separates himself from others in his profession. First of all, Tim loves what he does, and that's reflected in his work. Secondly, he cares about people. Think about all the individuals you interact with in the service business where you feel like you're just another customer of theirs. Tim takes the exact opposite approach, and it shows in everything he does. He cares about the details, big and small. When it came to our wedding, Tim played a huge role in making sure it was perfect. Months before our special day, he sat down and got to know us. He wanted to know what made us tick, why we fell in love with each other, what made us smile about each other, and so forth. He did that because he wanted to share our love story in front of our family and friends, weaving in cute details, funny stories and romantic moments. We loved it. So did everyone else. On top of being our DJ, Tim pretty much served as our wedding coordinator as well, making sure things ran smoothly and on time so guests weren't checking their watches (we've all been there) wondering what was next. Instead of us worrying about the little details and being stressed out of our minds, Tim made sure they were all taken care of -- even last-minute things. And he did so with a smile and a reassuring word to us. As I said, the ultimate professional. The bottom line? Tim is the best in the business. You will love working with him.

Best Decision Made for Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 John W

Tim was much more than just a DJ. He was an entertainer, that went above and beyond the service we hired him for and in the end, became a friend. Our first meeting with him went so smoothly and he generated excitement for us as we talked about our big day. He really seemed to... Read More care about our story and worked hard to transform our wedding vision into a reality. He was easy to talk to and very professional at the same time. He seemed just as passionate about our wedding journey as we were. While other DJs only guaranteed us a few meetings to plan, Tim made himself available as many times as we needed. He even joined us around town as we chose between venues. When he gave advice, we really felt like he was on our side. As the big day grew near, his presence was extremely helpful and comforting. When we chose Tim, we were very confident about his abilities and knew that he would be great, yet somehow he still managed to exceed our expectations (which was incredible considering we already had very high expectations). Not only did he make sure we were doing okay throughout the day, he also checked on our guests. He kept them up to date when our wedding started about 30 minutes late and had them move to shaded area so they wouldn't have to wait in the sun. He also navigated everyone through the itinerary of day so that no one felt lost or confused about where they should be. Tim surprised us by involving the crowd in our grand entrance and it was by far our favorite memory of the night. He also gave a very sweet introduction to our bridal party that was giving speeches. He did a fabulous job getting people to the dance floor and his perfect music choices kept people on the dance floor. He used beautiful uplighting that transformed the room and set the mood throughout the night. At the end, we were very happy to have Tim as the DJ/MC/Entertainer/Companion. He exceeded our expectations as he went above and beyond through our year of planning. We highly recommend Tim. It was one of the best decisions we could have possible made. He will alleviate stress and help create memories that will last forever.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Danielle I

Tim was BEYOND amazing! He was there for us from beginning to end, and made our wedding so special! He is more then a DJ and helped us every step of the way! We recommend Tim to ANYONE looking for an amazing wedding DJ, thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Amy R

Tim Humphrey was a wonderful DJ and entertainment company! He was very friendly and attentive throughout the wedding planning process, and checked in with us multiple times on our wedding day. Also, Tim was able to keep the crowd's energy high during the reception and on the... Read More dance floor. I would highly recommend Tim and Ideal Entertainment - I can't say enough good things!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lauren S

Tim went ABOVE and beyond for our big day. He was organized, professional, and even helped our wedding planners set up tables and chairs when our other vendor bailed on us! I think that just speaks to who Tim is which is a person who will do anything to ensure your day is... Read More perfect! We were able to meet with him several times before our wedding to discuss our story and how we met and also go over music choices. He never pushed any sort of music selection on is which we appreciated! During the wedding, everything went perfectly! During the ceremony you could actually hear every word the officiant said, which isn't always the case for outdoor venues. During the reception, he was amazing at introducing our toasters, telling our story, and executing the shoe game perfectly! If you have never heard of that game, you need to look it up! Tim pulled it off flawlessly! After that, we danced the night away to a wide variety of music. A lot of our guests said that every song that came on they would say " I love this song!" And then the next song would come on and they would say the same thing, and that was the trend the whole night! Tim is not only an amazing MC and DJ but he is so talented with setting the mood throughout the wedding with the lighting that him and his team creates. As an extra bonus, he made sure our drinks were always full and that if we ever needed anything, he handled it! I could not have pictured our day without Tim. I wouldn't think twice about using him as your DJ! He will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ryan B

So professional, so organized, such a Treat to add to the wedding. He made my wife and I feel like we were family to him and made us feel like we could trust him and we Did. He is the best at what he does and never met anyone like him. Still till this day people comment on how... Read More amazing he was at the wedding and how he made our special day something to remember forever..

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Lisa W

Tim provided us with VIP service when it came to taking both my husband's and my visions for our wedding and making it everything we had hoped for and more. He was reliable, quick to respond, and great at communicating during the planning stages. He was also flexible with... Read More everything from the locations of our planning meetings, to what type of microphones, and from a personazlied gobo, to a customized playlist. We had guests telling us how great the music was and one couple even said they wished they could have their wedding all over again with Tim as their MC and DJ. Tim truly orchestrated the entire event in collaboration with our coordinator, and it could not have gone any better. 5 stars for everything!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Desirae C

Tim and Ideal Entertainment were absolutely amazing! The months that lead up to the wedding were pretty stressful for my new husband and I because not only were we in the midst of planning a wedding, but we were moving to Florida and starting new jobs. It was pretty chaotic for... Read More us but Tim jumped in and handled the wedding planning! He is so fun and personable, we really feel as though we gained a new friend throughout this whole experience. The day of the wedding ran so smoothly too. Tim engaged our guests and made our day extremely special. Thank you Tim and Ideal Entertainment! We are so grateful for y'all!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Shawnea B

Tim is not only a great DJ, but also an awesome person. He is super accommodating and always willing to meet up to make sure your event is exactly as you hoped. My friends still comment on how great he was and keeping the wedding moving. He knows how to keep the dancing going... Read More and at the end of the night we wished it would never end! He is also wonderful at planning every detail of the day so nothing is left out! This was beyond helpful for a bride who was getting burnt out with wedding planning. When I needed help, he had multiple suggestions. You won't go wrong choosing Tim!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Angeline L.G. W

Tim Humphrey, with Ideal Entertainment, was absolutely wonderful to work with. He made the ambiance of our wedding perfect and exactly what we were looking for. Tim really took the time to get to know us, individually and as a couple, in a short period of time. His ability to... Read More ask pivotal questions, to get to our vision, really allowed him to find the tone and mood we wanted. Tim's attention to detail during the planning process and the day of the wedding was perfect. He worked well with the other "day-of" vendors which allowed our wedding day and the various activities to go smoothly. We could not have asked for a better Master of Ceremonies. Tim will definitely be one of my first calls for any future events.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Allison M

Tim played an important role in how seamless and amazing our big day was. The day went off without a hitch and we definitely owe a lot of that to Tim and his team. From his "master of ceremony" introductions, to the party atmosphere on the dance floor and the awesome custom... Read More lighting, it was everything we could have imagined and what's even greater is that we never felt stressed our worried about that aspect of planning leading up to the big day. We knew we were in great hands. We got so many compliments from our guests about his MC'ing skills and I would highly recommend anyone getting married (or having an awesome party) have a meeting with Tim first. Once you meet with him, you will understand why he has such great reviews and I bet you won't want to talk to any other DJ.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Jaymie P

This DJ took my breath away with his organization, professionalism, and overall presentation! I dont think we could have found anyone better - he did unique and fun entertaining games that everyone enjoyed. This man went above and beyond to make sure that we (bride & groom) were... Read More comfortable by always checking in to make sure we had what we needed and kept us on schedule. We didn't even need to worry about a thing on our entire wedding day because of him. This DJ is mot just a DJ he's more then that. His heart is in what he does and it shows. If you're looking for a DJ stop here, because he's worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Trel D

We could not be happier with our experience with Ideal Entertainment. Tim is a true master of ceremonies. He is highly personable and was always available every step of the way in planning our event. Tim was incredible with easing our minds and reducing any stress involved... Read More with the process of preparing for such a big day. We created a time line with Tim that was followed to a T and ran like clockwork. Tim had great intuition with our guests and ensured there was not a dull moment all night. He introduced ideas to us to really get all of our guests involved and make them feel like part of the event. Tim is a true professional and was invaluable in making the wedding of our dreams a reality. We really can not say enough great things about Tim and how he was able to enhance such a special and memorable day of our lives. We truly don't believe 5 stars is enough to describe the work that Tim put in to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 David K

We cannot say enough good things about Tim! Our original DJ cancelled four days before our wedding, which left us scrambling, to say the least. Tim was referred to us, and though he was working a gig on Friday night, made a special exception to work our wedding on Saturday. Even... Read More though he only had a few hours to get to know us, he was spot on for the night. Beyond his DJ work though, he also acted as the MC. Tim was able to direct the wedding, guiding us where needed, and deftly managed the flow of the night, all night. In the end, I’m sort of glad the other guy bailed because Tim was so outstanding, our wedding turned out much better with him. Given how great he was on short notice, I can only imagine how awesome he would be if he had a normal amount of time to get to prepare. You should absolutely hire him to be your DJ.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 tracy a

Wish I could give 10 stars!!! Do yourself and hire Tim for your wedding - quarenteed you won't be sorry!!!! As a mother of the bride who was planning a wedding for my daughter who lives out of state, I feel so lucky to have found Tim. He skyped with the couple several times,... Read More was great at understanding their vision of the event, he cared about all of the details, was so wonderful with the guests. He's a master of ceremonies for the biggest day of your life and you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Rob T

Tim and his team were outstanding! From the moment we had our initial video call to the time he was helping me get a drink and taking my jacket at the wedding, we were all blown away from his experience, kindness, and genuine interest in us and our special story. Since we were... Read More traveling a far distance to our wedding Tim set aside several hours to get to know my wife and I really well. One thing we were impressed with were the insightful questions he had asked us that we never thought about before. From that point on, I knew he was the perfect host for our wedding. Everyone at our wedding had awesome things to say and they kept raving of how he seemed to know us so well and that there was never a dull or tedious moment at the venue. One thing that also stood out was when we met up with our videographer after the wedding, he was complimenting Tim's level of service by always keeping the vendors up to date and on time with the flow of things happening. Bottom line for us - Tim is a very highly skilled and extremely personable DJ/MC/Host for any venue or event. He took the time needed to get to know us, did exactly what we had asked him (especially with our must play song list - since a few of the items were hard to come by). He was supportive at the wedding, charming, and genuinely happy being there. Keep this in mind - we initially allotted a much smaller percentage of our budget to the DJ/MC role. But after looking and talking with many people - Tim and ideal entertainment were on a completly different level and we were fully committed and satisfied with working with him. Thanks so much again Tim!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 violet w

I had a great time working with Tim. He is fun, creative, experienced, nice, professional and fast to respond. I heard lots of great comments from my friends and family after the wedding that our wedding is the best one they've ever attended. Tim was a major factor for this... Read More success. Our guests teared up for our love story that Tim presented and they also laughed sooooo hard for all the games Tim prepared. He has some great music too to keep people on the dance floor. I cannot tell you how much we love him and my brother in law together with other relatives told us to keep his contact information for their future wedding. Tim felt like our old friend now. Would love to hire him again for other events. PS, I have very high standards for everything and interviewed many DJ/MCs before we contracted Tim. I rarely give 5 stars but for Tim I would not hesitate. Thank youTim for making our wedding so perfect and memorable. Violet

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Jamie P

My husband and I got married last month, June 2016, and were so grateful and happy to have Ideal Entertainment be our Host of Ceremony for the reception. Tim Humphrey from the first time, my husband and I met him knew we had to have him for our wedding. We met for a 30-minute... Read More Q&A session as we were still determining which vendor to select and we ended up talking to him for more than an hour! Tim met with us as many times as we asked and provided helpful sheets and a website to help us manage our songs and the timeline of the wedding. Tim kept us calm and stress-free before the wedding by calling and checking-in often. On the day of the wedding, Tim made the guests feel comfortable, relaxed, and kept everyone laughing and engaged with us, the newlyweds. We even forgot the garter for the reception and instead of disregarding the bouquet and garter toss, Tim came up with the rationale that my husband wanted to keep the garter all to himself which everyone thought was just perfect, and no one found out that we just didn’t have the garter! Tim kept everyone on the dance floor all night long, and handled guest requests and all special dances (father/daughter, mother/son) with thoughtful intention. Tim continuously found ways to get everyone on the dance floor and kept the reception lively, celebratory, and stress-free for everyone. Tim was a little out of our budget, but after we met with 4 other vendors, we knew that Tim was what we wanted, and he was worth every single penny!! I highly, highly recommend Tim and Ideal Entertainment.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Olivia B

Tim was awesome. My husband and I are both fairly casual and easy-going and had a smaller wedding and reception. Even though our event was smaller in scale, Tim worked so well with what we wanted. He had great advice and was also a great resource when I needed contacts for... Read More various vendors. Because he has so much experience, I was able to have connections to many different people that I wouldn't have had before. Tim is very detail orientated and organized well, he helped us tie up loose ends and become more concrete with what we wanted. What I appreciated most was how flexible, prompt, and easy to contact Tim was throughout the entire process of planning the wedding to the big day. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kael M

Tim was very professional and enthusiastic! You can tell he loves what he does and is excited to bring the fun to every wedding! Our guests were constantly commenting on how interactive he was with everyone. Because he had worked our venue before, he knew exactly how the sound... Read More traveled so everyone could hear our officiant and speeches. His ability to get people on the dance floor made it so people of every age could participate in the fun! I would recommend Ideal Entertainment to any couple looking to have their day run smoothly!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Hannah J

We got a lot of compliments about Tim during my wedding... He seriously brought the entertainment factor without sounding like a cheesy or intrusive DJ. He made the wedding classy and entertaining and made sure that we were feeling fantastic the whole time. He was definitely a... Read More crowd pleaser and I wouldn't want anyone else up there doing what he did!! Many people I know that have gotten married have said that they are "relieved" when the wedding is over... We woke up the next morning wanting to relive it over and over. We had little to no stress leading up to the wedding and the big day could not have gone more smoothly thanks to Tim and my amazing other vendors. We had first class service through the whole process. Tim really isn't just a DJ or MC (I know, sounds cliche but super true). I loved that I told him ideas about how I wanted my day to go and he would not only politely tell me when something I wanted to do probably wouldn't go well... he would have an alternative that WOULD go smoothly and guests would love. It's so important to hire professionals that know what they are doing and Tim is an expert. He made my whole vision (flow, entertainment and lighting decor!) come to life and it was AMAZING. Fairy-tale perfect. Everything was 100X better than I could have hoped. My now husband and I love Tim and we hope to see him around :) You will not regret the money you spent on top notch vendors like Tim. There is a reason he has this many 5 star reviews. He will be your friend through the whole process and after! P.S. If you don't know anyone who's done the shoe game at their wedding... You should do it... Our guests were crying with laughter!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Kendehl C

Tim did such an incredible job at our wedding! His DJ skills are on point, and his MC skills and ability to manage the day were the icing on the cake. He even came over a few weeks before the wedding to work through the day-of timeline and make suggestions that made a big... Read More difference in the execution of the day. Not only that, but he is there the entire day for you - no limitations on time. What he offers is the best in service and in execution. We can't say enough great things about Tim, he is AWESOME! If you're considering Tim as a DJ, you should really just hire him already. No one else can match everything this great guy offers. The seamlessness of having your uplighting/spotlights, MC and DJ all together is worth every cent. Especially since he's so good at all three! He made the entire night completely awesome, and it's all memorialized in photos that wouldn't have been as epic had we not chosen the uplighting as well. Thank you so much Tim for making our day AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jen M

Tim was the eye in the storm. We have a 250+ turn out and he kept everything moving seamlessly. Tim listened and got to know us as individuals and as a couple. It was fun and tailored unique to our style and personality. I believe it was so successful because the genuine care... Read More and passion Tim brings. Every guest left gushing about how ours was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been too. It was absolutely amazing and unforgettable. Tim and Ideal Entertainment helped make real life magic happen for us. I couldn't have asked or dreamed for better.

Ideal Entertainment was fantastic!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016

We hired Tim at Ideal Entertainment for our early-January wedding at the Mount Baker Community Clubhouse in Seattle. We were thoroughly impressed with his professionalism, skill and guidance throughout the entire process. Not only was the music and lighting amazing, but he... Read More provided valuable guidance and worked closely with us to make the evening as special as possible. Above all, it was just a lot of fun working with him to plan our event. He asked insightful questions and responded to our requests promptly. Many of our guests commented that it was one of the best weddings they've attended. On the big night, he was nice enough to give me a tour of his music and lighting equipment. Since I'm a techie, this was a lot of fun. They're using some really cool gear, and it was very impressive watching him use it. Overall, we could not be happier with the results. My bride and I would both enthusiastically recommend Ideal Entertainment for any wedding or event.

Tim Humphrey

Tim Humphrey has entertained audiences up and down the west coast for 10 years as a full time Professional entertainer. His client list includes professional athletes, celebrities, major industry leaders and major corporations. When it comes to the highly discerning client, Tim is often a first call for high impact events.