Creating a wedding that reflects your ideal style

Ideal Events & Design is an event planning studio based in Grand Rapids. We focus on creating a wedding that reflects your ideal style and your story as a couple. Let us take care of the decor, planning, and details so you can enjoy your celebration!

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Grand Rapids, MI Grand Rapids and West Michigan (616) 308-9698

Best decision!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Anna D

Rebecca was an incredible part of my entire process in every way! Her expertise, recommendations and experience made the process, from start to finish completely wonderful! She kept me on track as a bride with details and decision making and our stress was completely reduced.... Read More The day of, I truly felt like I could absorb every detail and enjoy it--it felt like all I had to do was "show up" and it made the day feel like a dream. It truly was flawless and I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day and our 7 month engagement was one of the best experiences for both of us due so much to Rebecca's presence throughout! I cannot recommend her enough. I will be going back to her for every major life event because this was so wonderful. Choosing Rebecca as our wedding planner was the best decision ever!

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Alexis R

Maybe the best investment we made for our big day was wedding planner Rebecca Lemon with Ideal Events & Design. We were trying to plan our Michigan wedding from Washington, DC and struggling. After interviewing different wedding planners I felt a strong positive vibe and locked... Read More her company in. Rebecca gave amazing recommendations on vendors and was extremely organized. She knew all the questions to ask me to understand what I was looking and hoping for. This relieved stress for my fiancé, mother and me. Our wedding was outside on a farm which brings about extra issues for any planner to deal with such as weather, multiple vendors etc. I had to trust her to make judgment calls on the day of the wedding and she nailed every single one. My wedding was a beautiful & magical success because of Ideal Events and Designs. Rebecca Lemon is the gold standard of wedding planners.

2015-07-06T22:28:49 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure to work with you on your gorgeous wedding, Alexis! Thank you for inviting me to be part of your day. Cannot wait to see the photos! All the best, Rebecca

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Debbie M

This was the best decision I could have done. I live in Florida and the rehearsal was in Holland Michigan. How was I going to accomplish a beautiful dinner and have beautiful tables with beautiful flowers, I didn't know a soul up there. After chatting with Rebecca over the... Read More phone, I knew she was the one. I gave her my thoughts, she came up with a design and price, and it was everything I was picturing and more. I had tulips for holland, magnolias for the south and peonies in the center of the table. The linens and Place settings were a home run! All the tables were gorgeous. She is so easy to work with and very organized, and she made my day and night stress free. Thank you Rebecca and Michelle for making life easy and the rehearsal dinner and tables perfect. I walked in the room at the Alpine Rose to my fairy tale room. The compliments were coming from everywhere. You need to post a picture, it was truely southern hospitality in a wonderful midwestern area, y'all are GOOD people!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Lisa J

Hands Down, Best Decision Ever! As a parent of the bride/Groom, you must first ask yourself how you want to spend that day? Do you want to work at your child's wedding, or do you want to be a guest? We hired Rebecca for this reason, among all of the other qualifying... Read More reasons. She has great planning skills and ideas, and she puts them all together the day of, without major hiccups. If there are hiccups, her team and her have critical thinking skills and can handle them without direction. We love Rebecca, and have used her for 3 parties so far!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Natasha J

Rebecca and her team were amazing! She gave us so many great resources for our wedding and was such a life saver! We put together a wedding in 2 months and she made it flawless! We didn't have to worry about a thing before, during, or after the wedding.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Allison P

My husband and I could not have been happier to have hired Rebecca as our week of Wedding Coordinator. It was an incredible relief to know that someone else had our vision of the day and was there to make everything happen. Early on in the process I was getting a little... Read More concerned with all the work it was going to take the weekend of our wedding to get everything done and I didn't want to burden either of our mom's with running the show the whole day. That's where the desire to hire someone to coordinator our wedding day came about, and after we met with Rebecca I felt a significant weight (of worry and overthinking) lifted. Rebecca is not only an incredible wedding planner, but an awesome person too! She's warm and understanding and got me excited about all of my ideas for our fun outdoor Camp Wedding! Even though she was only our week of coordinator, she kept in touch through the months leading up to the wedding to make sure we had all the vendors and ideas we needed. She even recommended the perfect vendor for my half diy / half designed flowers I wanted! The week of the wedding she got in contact with all of our vendors and I was able to step away from the constant calls/emails I had leading up to the wedding and allowed me to focus on a few last small details. She ran our rehearsal Friday night, which was definitely more than we could have handled (we had no idea so much went into the ceremony and all the family coordinating it required). Day of the wedding I actually felt I could step away and not leave my cabin while I got ready (which is a big deal because I'm normally right on top of implementing all of my ideas). When she arrived Saturday morning my husband excitedly said "you're here!" and was able to step away from stressing over set up. Throughout our entire wedding day we started to laugh every time we saw Rebecca heading our way with her clip board because we knew she was going to "gently" lead us into the next part of the day. We were able to be present in every part of our day without worrying about the schedule or the next steps because we had complete faith in Rebecca. At the end of the night her team did an awesome job cleaning everything up, so that all we had to do was pack up our cars in the morning. Bonus - I think she has powers that can control the weather!! 70 and partly sunny for our outdoor September wedding, when all week it was supposed to rain.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kayleigh K

I'm so glad that my husband and I decided to go with Ideal Events & Design for our wedding. After hearing horror stories from friends about how stressful their weddings were, I knew I didn't want to plan the entire thing without professional help. Not only was Rebecca easy to... Read More work with, but she was so calm and collected that it helped me remain calm through the planning process as well. She made sure every detail was covered and took time to consider what would make the event a wonderful experience for our guests. When my wedding day finally came, I was able to enjoy every moment of it without worrying because I knew Rebecca had it all taken care of. I cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Emily W

Having Rebecca as our day of wedding coordinator seriously took every bit of stress off of me, my husband and both of our moms! She diffused every possible situation and kept me calm. She was there throughout the entire planning process (always checking in) and definitely made... Read More me feel as if the day was going to be perfect from the very first time we talked! She is so kind and re-assuring and I would recommend her to every single one of my friends! Thank you Rebecca for making our day amazing!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Emily B

We used Rebecca to coordinate our wedding day, and couldn't have been more pleased with her services. We live in Chicago and our wedding was in South Haven, MI, and Rebecca was very accommodating of our schedules and meeting times before the wedding. She was on top of... Read More everything, and our wedding day went perfectly. Literally everything went off without a hitch. I am so glad we went with Rebecca, and would highly recommend her services.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Ashley M

Like everyone else, hiring Rebecca was the best decision we made. My husband and I hired Rebecca for day of coordination for our wedding. She was SO on top of it! I didn't have to think the day of my wedding, which is what I wanted - I just wanted to enjoy every minute and I was... Read More able to do that with Rebecca managing all the details. Additionally, she provided suggestions, vendor recommendations and thoughtful coordination leading up to the big day. Both families agreed it was the best money spent during the wedding. If you're on the fence, do yourself a favor and hire Rebecca. My only regret was to not have her as my full time planner! She made the day so enjoyable.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Cynthia S

Rebecca Lemon is an incredible event planner. We were blessed to work with her throughout our 6-month engagement. She planned our budget, found reliable, local vendors, and introduced us to fresh ideas to make our day unique and special. As a bride I had a lot of great ideas... Read More from Pinterest but lacked a serious vision - Rebecca stepped in and transformed our casual, budget wedding into a show stopping party that was intimate, fabulous, and worry-free. We had some big issues from the start - a Sunday wedding in religious Holland, Michigan - we were rejected from about 20 churches. Rebecca stepped in and found us a beautiful ceremony space outdoors on the edge of the woods. We trusted her judgement, and the ceremony space was better than I could have dreamed of. She had multiple backup plans for rain as well. She was very prompt with email, phone calls, and texting. All meetings with her were great- you can tell this is not her first rodeo. She handled my anxieties, strange ideas, and bad ideas in stride- a true professional. Rebecca’s personality is incredibly likable and down to earth. It was wonderful having Rebecca as the bridge between our families and vendors. One of my favorite things about working with her was that she provided options in our budget for DJ, florist, venues, etc. She brought me back down to earth when I wanted something I couldn't afford. She had relationships with each vendor and seamlessly tied up loose ends on every front. On the wedding day, we were able to spend time with the bridal party instead of setting up the space or exchanging payments. I folded 1,000 paper cranes and wanted them hanging behind the head table (very labor intensive) and it was VERY nice not having to do that the morning of. Her team took care of everything. Later in the night, red wine was spilled down the front of my gown. Out of nowhere, Rebecca immediately was dabbing it out and before I knew it, the stain was gone. Our budget wedding felt like a million bucks. We could not be happier with our choice hiring Rebecca. Our wedding slogan was "Ask Lemon!"

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

Best. Decision. Ever.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We used Rebecca and her team to help us plan our daughters wedding in Michigan, while we live in the Chicago area. What a blessing she was!! Great listener with unique and fun ideas...we wouldn't have changed a thing in either the wedding or the reception. Rebecca is... Read More especially good at being the liaison between other vendors and our needs, so the lead-up to the wedding was calm and not stressful. Thanks!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

Hiring Rebecca as our wedding planner was the best decision we made in our wedding planning! With a short engagement of only 4 months, and living a state away from where the wedding was taking place, having Rebecca was such a blessing! She helped us with every detail, from... Read More vendor management, to making our day-of timeline, to finding and ordering us the perfect root beer favors. Her idea of creating a boxwood backdrop draped with a floral garland from our florist Spring Sweet was the hit of the reception! As someone who gets stressed out and nervous very easily, I was of course worried about the execution of my wedding day. But knowing Rebecca was there all day to field any questions and deal with any last minute issues, I was able to relax and completely enjoy the day with my family, friends, and husband. Ideal Events & Design made my wedding day as seamless as possible and I cannot be more thankful to Rebecca and her team!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Hiring Rebecca for my daughter's wedding was the best decision I ever made! The best money I every spent! Rebecca is superior in every way. Organization. People skills. Taste. Style. Etc. You want it. She got it. Thanks to her, my daughter and I love each other even... Read More more after the wedding than before. Hiring Rebecca was a gift to both of us. Rebecca is also wonderful with the groom and father-of-the-bride. Both men valued and appreciated Rebecca throughout the planning process and especially on the day off. Rebecca, you are one of a kind. A true professional! A good friend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ashley K

Quite simply it was the best money that we could have spent. Rebecca was instrumental in creating our timeline, coordinating with multiple vendors, facilitating our rehearsal and creating a fun, relaxed and stress-free wedding weekend. Rebecca also created our programs and... Read More escort cards and they were beautiful! We really could not have pulled it off without her!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

I thought Rebecca and her team were wonderful. I was skeptical at first as to whether I needed a wedding coordinator that week of the wedding. I had the majority of the things done and in order. Rebecca was invaluable in the following areas - coordinating the rehearsal the... Read More day before the wedding, seeking out the timeline and last minute clarification a few days before the wedding (coordinating with the photographer) and taking charge the day of the wedding. The venue included both the ceremony and the reception, many out-of-town guests, a huge wedding party and LOTS of moving parts! I realized later that the reason I actually had a chance to enjoy the day was because of Rebecca and her team! She was on top of all the details I had worked on and things went beautifully. I really appreciated her "after the fact" review of costs and she found a few things I was charged for and didn't receive which was much appreciated! My daughter INSISTED on a wedding coordinator and I was luke-warm to the whole concept and extra cost. I have enjoyed munching on "my words" and would definitely recommend this team!

Bride From Out of State- Incredible Experience

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Rebecca and Ideal Events & Designs was a foundational vendor of the entire planning experience and event execution. Rebecca was referred through my photographer and she brought professionalism, follow through, creativity, and organization throughout the entire experience. I... Read More live in California and planned the long distance wedding for Holland, MI which is 45 minutes from my hometown. With this challenge I high Rebecca for the day of coordination and she helped me with so much more. I hired her to put together a mood board for the event, which was helpful for the initial planning of the theme, color scheme, flowers, etc. She recommended local vendors for décor and calligraphy, which was also appreciated. Rebecca and I met twice before the wedding. One was at the venue a few months prior and the second was a few days before. This provided me piece of mind and confidence that I needed to enjoy the wedding. Her assistants helped with the rehearsal at the venue and she was there early on the day of to help coordinate all the vendors and keep us on time (which was hard with 18 in our bridal party!). My mom was a big part of the planning and I’m so glad she didn’t have to worry about day of details and just enjoy herself and our guests. There were certain things that I wouldn’t have thought of went perfectly because she was involved including transportation, timing of the event, organizing the dozen vendors, identifying elements of the rental that was overlooked (we got some money back!), to placing the tables beautifully, picking up the ice cream cake and bringing items to the venue. She even helped pack up gifts and make sure we were sent off correctly. I felt so confortable the whole time when I knew Rebecca had everything in control and highly recommend working with her and her team. Thank you Ideal Event & Designs for helping make our wedding magical and go off without a hitch. Cheers!

Excellent experience!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Amy P

Rebecca was very professional and helpful throughout the process. She listened to our requests, concerns and questions, and personally contacted all of our vendors. Everything was beautiful and seamless the day of our wedding and we couldn't have done it with Rebecca!

Best Investment!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Katie G

Rebecca and her team were a DREAM to work with!! We had our wedding at The Radisson Plaza hotel in Kalamazoo, Michigan. After searching high and low for a coordinator we came across Ideal Events and Design and she was just what we needed. When I spoke with her on the phone I... Read More described that we were looking for a day of coordinator and for someone to help coordinate our rehearsal. My husband and I wanted to enjoy the day without worrying about a thing and we also wanted our parents to enjoy the day too. We didn’t want any family members or friends running around making sure vendors were where they needed to be or handling any other emergencies that happened. Rebecca met with us a month in advance to go over a timeline of events and to see the venue and give us many ideas that we would have never thought of. She kept in contact with me to make sure all my planning was going okay up until the big day. She contacted all our vendors the week of and made sure that they were all set. The day of, Rebecca checked in on my bridesmaids and me to make sure I had eaten something and was doing okay. I had done a lot of planning and had a lot of details I wanted to be a part of my wedding and Rebecca was able to take my vision (and lots of stuff) and make it a reality. All my tables were set up exactly the way I wanted them to. We had a last minute music change happen at the rehearsal and she made sure that our DJ knew and it went perfectly the next day. Rebecca made our ceremony go without a hitch. She lined everybody up, made sure my ushers were in the right spot, it was simply everything I had imagined. Since our ceremony and reception were in the same room, during our cocktail hour (which was held outside the room) Rebecca and her team worked with the Radisson staff to help transform our room into our reception. She truly made it feel like two different spaces. The reception was great she kept us on time. At the end of the night she packed up all of our things so neatly and organized so the next morning we were able to come in and just pack the car. I could go on and on about all the things she did for us that made our life so much easier!! She is extremely organized, detail oriented, wonderful, amazing, and perfect at her job!! HIGHLY recommend and really glad we found her :)

Best wedding planner EVER

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Agnes Ann I

Rebecca Lemon was a dream of a planner. She was cool as a cucumber and helped eliminate a lot of stress from our wedding day. She helped me find/book an amazing photographer, located a stellar band last minute and made sure everything on our wedding day went smoothly. I highly... Read More recommend Rebecca to any bride. She is organized, professional and a delight to work with.

Rebecca is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

Rebecca Lemon did a fabulous job as my wedding coordinator. She was professional, very organized, and made my wedding day an absolute dream. Prior to the wedding she met with me and a couple of my vendors to make sure that everyone is on the same page. She addressed questions... Read More that I had not thought of and had every detail perfectly placed. She also made sure that she was the "go-to" person for ALL vendors on the wedding day so I could relax and enjoy the day! I would truly recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding or event!

2015-07-06T22:32:58 Response from the vendor

Danielle, thank you so much for your words! It was so great working with you on your wedding day and it turned out so beautifully. Thank you again for letting my team be part of it. All the best to you both! Rebecca

Ideal Events & Design

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Sarah N

We hired Rebecca of Ideal Events a few months before our wedding to help with pulling together the final details and handling the day of...this was the best decision we made! She was so organized, detailed, and calming throughout the whole process. From day one she had a... Read More solution to everything--I couldn't figure out what linens I liked, so at our first meeting she brought all different linen samples so I could see what it would look like! As if Rebecca had not done enough for us by the time the week of our wedding came around, she was our saving grace when the weather decided not to cooperate. After having planned to have an outdoor ceremony and reception we had to make the tough call to move our reception inside just 3 days before the wedding. Rebecca didn't skip a beat when I told her I was concerned about the chairs the venue used inside and in a matter of hours she had two different options of chairs for us to use instead. If she had not been there to help, I don't even know where I would have begun to try and find a vendor that had 150+ chairs still available 3 days before the wedding. When I walked into the venue for the first time the day of my wedding I was blown away--Rebecca and her assistant had had everything set up and ready to go and it was beyond what I could have envisioned, truly breathtaking. I did not have to give her any guidance or answer any questions the day of, she just knew from our meetings exactly how everything was going to be and executed it to perfection. She also helped us brainstorm to come up with several and unique touches, i.e. escort card holder and signs, and then worked together with a local vendor to make our visions come to fruition. Truly the best decision you could make is entrusting Rebecca and Ideal Events with helping to plan your wedding!

Great!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

Rebecca was the coordinator for our wedding on 8/31. She was awesome! Extremely professional and helpful throughout the day and lots of help during the pre-planning process as well. She was a big help at keeping our wedding running smoothly. We were extremely glad that we hired... Read More a coordinator so we did not have to worry about so many details and were able to enjoy the day. highly recommended!

Rebecca Lemon

I opened Ideal Events and Design in January of 2014 after organizing events for years in my day job. The time was right to open a company that would enable me to work directly with clients in designing and planning their special events. My own engagement was a time that I loved and I want to give my clients that same experience while leading up to their wedding! Choosing details that reflect you as a couple, picking the vendors that show your style, and making sure it all comes together on the day of - these are the things that I love to do. Best, Rebecca