IK Catering

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

7522 Lee-Davis Road, Serving the Richmond Metro Area, VA (804) 746-4324

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Felina T

I cannot articulate the amazingness of Carlton and Brian here at IK. They both personally attended my wedding any addressed all my concerns. They swiftly answered any questions I had and provided solutions to any natural road bump that appeared. As a bride, I had ZERO stress... Read More come from them. Their brunch menu, which I chose for my wedding, was flawless. The individually made omelet station with garnishes galore, the fried chicken and waffle station, endless fruits and cheeses, yogurt and granola parfaits, mini quiche sliders, champagne with all the juices you can imagine and of course, bacon, bacon, bacon. I was sold at the tasting. We never even ventured to try another catering company because IK, their food, their staff was 100% since the first minute. I mean, even the tasting was an elaborate presentation that set the bar high and it never dropped. It stayed high, in terms of taste and professionalism. They were priced very affordably, especially since they worked in conjunction with the wedding venue I'd chosen. If they do THIS good with a big event like a wedding, I'm sure their smaller parties and events are amazing, too. They're organized, communicative, happy people. If you don't choose here, you're going to be disappointed anywhere else you go.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 BRITTANY B

IK Catering is a company that's truly focused on the bride, the groom, and their family’s happiness on one of the most important days of their lives. I worked with IK Catering for both the rehearsal dinner and the reception dinner and the food, the staff, and the experience was... Read More top notch. We have several guests come up to us mid-wedding to rave about the food, and Carlton and his team were of superior professionalism and definitely answered the call. Would highly recommend them, and I'll be keeping them in mind for any future events.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kelsi A

We hired IK catering for our wedding and they were the only vendor we regretted hiring. They came recommended by our venue and had fantastic reviews online. I remember being concerned when we first set up the initial tasting with them because of their lack of responsiveness.... Read More We brought up our concern and Brian said he had just lost his secretary, then assured us it wouldn't be a further problem. Brian and Carlton are very kind and the food is good, especially for the price. However, there were a few times prior to the wedding that it took them a while to get back to us. We wanted to add something to our contract prior to the "last day to make changes," but never heard back from them to give them the payment info. On our wedding day there was a HUGE mistake: they ran out of alcohol. Brian was supposed to attend our event (we confirmed it the week prior), but Carlton came instead. Brian had always handled our contract since day one; there was a lapse in communication about the "unlimited beer/wine" for 5 hours. They ran out of white wine during cocktail hour, then they ran out of everything. Carlton sent people out to go get more, they ran out of everything again by 8:30 PM. I asked why they weren't serving since we were supposed to have an unlimited bar until 9:45, he apologized saying he already sent someone out once. He later admitted that the contract wasn't looked at closely enough. They were very kind, apologizing for their mistake and assured the refund would be in the mail the following Monday. However, after many follow up emails and calls I FINALLY received the refund a month and a half later. Their lack of responsiveness and lack of making this a priority was very disheartening. They are in the process of opening their own business and seem to be distracted by this, as it was admitted in an email that they hope things settle down there soon so they can get back to normal business. I hope this was a fluke experience, but please be wary - especially now as they are opening another business.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Warren B

IK Catering was a great decision for us! They went out of their way to make our rehersal dinner & reception a great event. Everyone has been raving about their food and I couldn't be happier with their service. They helped us pack up after the reception so everyone could leave... Read More the venue quickly and continue the party back at the hotel. Carlton was our on-site coordinator and him & his staff were wonderful! I would recommend IK Catering to anyone looking for catering services

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Mary Jo T

Brian and the entire staff are amazing ! Food was great and they went above and beyond to make everything go smoothly. Thank you for your exceptional attention to detail !

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kate F

As a local Richmond event planner, I have worked with IK Catering for various events - networking events, weddings, and have even attended a wedding as a guest where Brian and his team catered. They are incredibly professional, easy to work with, and their food is delicious!... Read More They've been doing this for years and know how to do it right. If you are looking for good food and an easy to work with team, this is your caterer!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Lisa H

Amazing food and staff! We've been nothing but impressed by Brian and his staff at IK since the first bite - at the tasting many months ago. They're so easy to work with. Brian was accommodating and helpful through the entire planning process. The night of our wedding they... Read More were wonderfully flexible and adapting as our timing got pushed back due to a bus (Bioride) getting lost on its way to the venue full of guests. All around, we couldn't have asked for better service!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

I wish I could say I'm rating this place one star because the food was cold, or that the staff was rude but I can't because they completely blew me off today. I emailed this company about 2 months ago when I first got engaged and never heard back. My mom called and was able to... Read More get in touch with someone and schedule an apppintment for 2 weeks out so we could discuss menu, pricing, etc. She called them yesterday to confirm our appointment for 10am the following day and a woman said that she had us on the books and to meet at Italian kitchen at 10. My fiancé and I got there around 9:50, my mom got there at 10:02 and no one else had gotten there yet, the doors were locked. We both called and left voicemails. We decided to wait around a bit. At 10:25 we finally were about to just leave when an IK Catering van pulled up and put down their window. The man drivIng just stared at us so my fiancé said "Hi we're here for a 10am appointment". The man didn't even respond, just started typing on his cell phone. Then he mumbled "I'll see what I can do" and just drove away. We stood out front for a few more minutes and then decided to leave. It's now 8:20pm and my mom and I have yet to recieve a call back or anything. I find that so completely rude and unprofessional. Who's to say they just wouldn't show up on your wedding day? I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, and I really hope the owner sees this to make his/herself aware of the terrible taste he put in this bride's mouth.

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Rachel P

We had a buffet from IK at our reception, and they also did our open bar. I was very pleased with the quality and taste of the food. The presentation was also great. We had such a great experience from tasting to the big day. Beyond expectations, they even plated food... Read More for us at the reception so we could eat and enjoy ourselves while the buffet line started. Such a great experience working with them!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Audra S

Knowing Brian (the head of IK Catering) personally, I trusted him fully with my wedding food, and I was not let down. I didn’t think it possible to think more highly of Brian, but after my wedding, words cannot express how much I appreciated all he did. He went above and beyond... Read More to make our wedding experience the absolute best, far beyond the delicious food. Brian made the menu selection extremely easy, suggested things we hadn’t thought of to go with our theme, and even created things he had never made before just because I mentioned them (like our mouth-watering fried green tomato BLT sliders). At our tasting, he allowed 6 people to come with us, bringing everything on our extensive menu out one-by-one. He helped us stylize a southern menu with beef brisket, pork tenderloin, A MAC AND CHEESE BAR with different toppings, sweet cornbread, and much more. He stocked the bar with our selection of beers and wines, but even had a few extra types of beer much to our surprise to help us please all of our guests. I looked over at the buffet line during one of the dances, and almost cried at how beautiful he made all the signs and tables look to match our colors. On top of all this, the staff was always polite, extremely helpful, and so congratulatory. Brian came over to check on us so many times, serving us our plates with all of our favorites. He even brought a basket of my favorite sliders over to me so he was sure they didn’t all disappear before I had the chance to eat them. When we got in the get-away car, my husband’s favorite fried raviolis were sitting there waiting for him. He had also packed many to-go containers for us to munch on later that night, and when I went to my mother’s the next day, so much more food had been given to her at the end of the night to continue to feed guests and family from out of town. Brian is such a professional business owner, and an even kinder and sweeter soul! We are blessed to have had him as a caterer and to call him our friend.

Honesty is the best policy

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 allison r

It has taken me over 6 months to get the courage to write this review but I have finally decided that I do not want anyone else to go through what I did, especially on what is supposed to be the most important day of their life. When I first met with Brian, the owner of I.K.... Read More Catering I thought it was the perfect choice. The food at the tasting was amazing,the price was great and he assured me that he would take care of everything. Over the next year the majority of our communication occurred through text message and there were many issues regarding the communication, or lack there of. Three days before my wedding Brian text messaged me to tell me that he had a family emergency and would not be on site the day of my wedding. I was upset at the way in which he provided this information but he assured me that everything would be taken care of. IT WAS NOT. to say the least, the service was sub par (the bartender took money from my guests to that they could get alcohol before the ceremony started), things were forgotten and worst of all the food was COLD. I will honestly say that I truly believe that if he had been onsite I would have not have had any issues because he was in charge and knew what should have been going on. Unfortunately he was not able to be there and it showed. I tried for several months after the wedding to resolve the issue with Brian with no luck, because I refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement. After 5 months we final went to court in which I was awarded a judgement against him. He has continued to ignore requests from me for the payment of this and I am not having to once again deal with lawyers to get my money. If you want "catering with class" you are looking in the wrong place.

The food was delicious and beautifully presented!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Angela S

I cannot say enough great things about Brian and his staff! Although my wedding was small, they took fabulous care of each and every one of my guests! We did seated and served with 3 courses. Every plate looked divine and the food was absolutely delicous! My guests did not... Read More want for anything more, except SECONDS! ; ) Thank you for making our reception dinner and cocktail hour an amazing time! You guys are wonderful!

Book IK!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Alee S

Everything was amazing about IK Catering! The food, the service, and the staff were all amazing. IK went above and beyond in personalizing so many little details. They used our wedding colors in as many places as possible, took careful notes on exactly how we wanted the food... Read More served, they even learned how to fold napkins into a pinwheel shape for us and did this at every place setting! One of the things that we liked the most about IK was how willing are flexible they are with making your ideal menu happen for YOUR budget. We had a tight budget and Brian, the owner, worked with us personally and made our dream meal happen for our budget! If you want to check one more thing off your list to stress about go with IK, one of the best catering companies in the Richmond Area!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Kara G

Brian and his crew were on point for my wedding! The food was delicious and the bartenders kept my guests very happy! I used them for the linens as well and they decorated the tables in my exact colors and made the buffet tables look beautiful too! Also had rehersal dinner there... Read More and that was great as well and very affordable for what you get!

IKCatering is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Richard B

From service, to quality, to value, IK Catering does a tremendous job in keeping the bride, groom, and guests happy. My wife and I did most of the planning together and Brian really stepped in and offered great suggestions, being in the industry for as long as he has,... Read More something he really didn't have to do. This above and beyond work ethic carries over into all aspects of his catering service and we found his food not only better tasting than the competition, but also at a great value that was hard to beat. The selection was very good and is well laid out which made selections that much easier. We were on a very cost conscious budget, yet we were not disappointed in our choice to go with Brian. He is very flexible and accommodating in his offerings. The wait-staff, place-setting, food and service was fantastic. Brian even personally ensured our entire wedding party enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour by serving us HIMSELF as we were getting photos taken after the ceremony. Everyone enjoyed themselves at our wedding and Brian and the wonderful staff at IKCatering was a key component. Having great music, an open bar, and fun friends helps too. The IK Catering supplied bar tender did a great job mixing drinks as well. She was a lot of fun. Brian, Mabel and I thank you and your team so much for all the hard work you guys put in! Thank you for the great memories! -Richard.

Wow!

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Pamela D

Oh my gosh, the food and service were beyond description. Everything was set up beautifully, and the staff were pleasant, courteous, and very attentive in every way. Brian was so helpful, he went above and beyond helping in every way to make sure everything ran smoothly. The... Read More food was wonderful, and he even made sure all the left overs were packed up and given to us, to feed to our out of town guest that were leaving the following day. If I have any more family affairs that require catering, I will be calling on Brian and IK Catering once again.

Good caterer

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Whitney S

The food was great, the service was great, and the variety of choices were great. Be sure to ask about amount of alcohol, as our group did run out 45 minutes before the end of our reception. Otherwise, all food and drink were good.

Wow! Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Amy W

Brian Thompson and his crew blew me away when they catered my June 23, 2012 reception. From beautiful setup, organization, and of course unbelievable food, I could not be happier. People were raving about everything! Working with Brian was a pure pleasure to work and the... Read More staff's professionalism really earned the name "Catering With Class". Hands down best ever!

Easy to work with caterer!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Sierra L

We were really pleased to find this caterer! They were very professional, helped us keep within our budget, and made sure every detail went off perfectly on the day of our event.

Love them!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Ashleigh Kaye B

Brian Thompson is absolutely amazing. He is so sweet and comforting. I trusted him wholeheartedly in doing the food for my wedding. I met with him several times and he was always right on top of things. I decided to have my big family birthday dinner at his restaurant during... Read More my wedding planning. That was also great! Consider IK catering. They are wonderful! Everyone there!

Delicious food, great prices and wonderful service

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Katy W

When you choose a caterer, you are not only choosing great food, you're choosing one of your primary coordinators for your wedding reception. We went to three other tastings and shopped around with about a dozen other different caterers and IK Catering's food and prices were... Read More the best. We definitely made the right choice. Our first meeting with Brian Thompson was for our tasting and we were very impressed. We chose southern style food for our vineyard wedding and Brian's team really gave us quality food. All of our guests raved about it. Not only did IK provide the type of food we asked for, they made great suggestions on how we could incorporate our preferences into the menu and make it personal to us. When we told them what we wanted, they knew exactly what we were talking about and followed through. When we weren't sure what we wanted, they leveraged past experiences and gave us really great suggestions. Our wedding was in the Charlottesville area and we were concerned that a caterer an hour away might not be able to provide fresh food, but IK Catering did a wonderful job transporting everything, getting there on time and their travel fee was low. They also worked well with our florist and other wedding vendors. They were very responsive and helpful in going over our final menu and making sure everything was correct and all rentals were covered. Brian even went to the linen shop with us to offer advice and provided a mock set up for both the dinner tables and cocktail tables. They were helpful with information we needed in order to plan our event that we were not aware of (for example, ABC license and online tent planner). We cannot say enough good things about IK Catering and Brian. We were very particular in what we wanted and not only did IK give us everything we asked for, they made wonderful suggestions on how we could make our wedding special, personalized and enjoyable for our guests. The staff was very professional on our wedding day and they set up everything just as we asked for and even provided a few extra items as a surprise for us. We were treated like royalty for a day and it was really special for us. We would trust IK Catering for any future event we have, and would recommend them to a friend because of the quality of food, service and pre-coordination they provide. We want to thank Brian so much for his help and giving us everything we wanted on our wedding day.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Kristen G

Throughout the entire planning process Brian offered any and every way possible to help. At times he could see I was worried about certain things but he always assured me that everything would work out. Brian's very open to serving any type of food you want which was great.... Read More We had a slight issue with the linen company the day before the wedding but Brian compromised with them, straightened it out and we ended up with a better setup than originally planned.The day of the wedding we had great service and excellent food! we loved the mashed potato bar. The bartender would make a point to stop me and make sure my glass was full :) Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend him again! Kristen

A++

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Jackie K

We hired IK catering for our wedding and cannot be more pleased with the service, attention to detail and value. Brian and his team went above and beyond to make sure every piece of our reception was perfect! We were able to order everything from food to beverages/bartenders and... Read More rental accessories all in one place making the reception planning much easier! We would certainly recommend them to anyone!

Outstanding!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 jeanette H

We used IKCatering for our oldest daughters wedding on 09/25/2010 and she chose an Italian menu for the reception and it was delicious! Brian and his staff are so easy to work with and did an outstanding job, so much so that we also used them to cater our youngest daughters... Read More wedding on 07/30/2011. She chose a more traditional menu which was also excellent.The pricing is affordable and I did alot of comparing.Also, I must say Brian and staff went above and beyond during our time with them, my nerves were on edge as we had recently lost my beloved husband , leaving some details unattended and Brian took care of these for me , I will always remember that and be thankful for it. So, this family highly recommends IK Catering , they are so awesome and the food is delicious , trust me we know we have tried much of the menu. May God bless your business Brian!!

IK Catering

Reviewed on 6/18/2011 Amanda K

We recently used IK catering for our wedding and they really are the best! We had such a fantastic experience working with Brian who handles the catering! The food was wonderful and really unique. Anything you can think of or desire they can make! The whole staff was wonderful... Read More to work with. I really can't say enough positive remarks about Brian and IK Catering! I would most surely recommend them again and again! They really make the whole process enjoyable and easy!