Imani Entertainment DJ Service

Imani Entertainment DJ Service is an entertainment company that serves the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. We have provided DJ entertainment for numerous Weddings, Corporate Events, School Events, Sweet Sixteens, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Quinceaneras, Showers (Baby and Bridal), Fashion Shows, Store Openings, Festivals, and Private Parties. We have performed at several clubs and bars in the DC metro area, as well as numerous wedding and event venues.

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

13310 Chalfont Avenue, Fort Washington, MD DC, Maryland, Virginia (202) 487-8110

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Tiara C

Okay so it took me FOREVER to find the perfect DJ for my BIG DAY. I was nervous especially after seeing quotes from many other DJs. But something told me to email Andy Yorke and inquire for my wedding. Andy was attentive, professional, courteous, and he knew exactly what I was... Read More looking for on my wedding day. I needed music that was Up beat and music that kept my guests on the dance floor. Andy did just that! He was polite and ensured me he was going to be prompt, present and ready on my wedding day. I sent Andy and list of "Must Plays" and a list/ itinerary of how my wedding day should flow. And followed all directions and handled the weird obstacle we was face with at my venue. I felt at ease when he called me and told me "I got this". I trusted Andy and I am glad I did. I plan to book Andy again for ANY event I have in the future, he was awesome! Kept my guests on their toes and my money in my pocket :) Andy even wore my wedding colors which was a bonus for me :) We had fun and I would recommend his services to ANY bride or groom on their upcoming wedding date. Best choice ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sarita M

This DJ was so professional yet flexible and clearly experienced. He was one of the things I could count on to go smoothly all throughout the reception. Firstly, he reached out to me first to provide a list of "must plays" and "do not plays". I am from Trinidad and there was... Read More some pretty contemporary (and some classic) Soca on my list...I mean, my family was going to be there and expected a good time. THEY WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED. He definitely played the hits; even my grandmother was moving her waist. But let's not forget the American oldies but goodies, the fun top forties and the party anthems. He brought everything. I wanted my reception to be an intimate but intense dance shindig and that's exactly what it was. I said he was flexible and I meant it. He easily went with the flow of the evening so nothing seemed forced. When folks clearly needed a breather and a water break, something slower came on...when you could clearly feel the energy rising, the upbeat favorites started blasting. (Oh and the sound quality was perfect, no sound issues or hiccups. I was fairly easygoing but even the most bride-zilla-est of bridezillas would have no complaints.) I also remember that a certain bride was maybe a little too dehydrated and had too much of an empty stomach for the post nuptial gin she was having *coughcoughmecoughcough* and during the father-daughter dance she tried to motion discreetly to this attentive DJ that he needed to cut it short but you know, in a way that seemed planned...he did. Crisis averted. Haha. I honestly cannot gush enough about the DJ, especially since it's been almost 5 months and guests still bring up how amazing he was casually in conversation.

Meet The President

Andy Yorke

I am Andy Yorke aka DJ Hpnotiq, President of Imani Entertainment DJ Service. I have had a sixteen year professional career as an on air personality with WHUR, WOL, WJZE, WGAY, WKYS. As a club/mobile DJ service, my company has provided DJ entertainment for numerous Weddings, Corporate Events, School Events, Sweet Sixteens, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Quinceaneras, Fashion Shows, Store Openings, Festivals, Clubs, Bars, Lounges, and Private Parties in the DC metro area and beyond.