Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

1701 Dalton Rd., Lima, NY (585) 348-7950

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Kristen W

One of our first priorities after my fiancee and I got engaged in May 2014 was to secure a DJ for the wedding. Within one month, we decided on Imperial DJ and were happy to work with Todd on selecting music, planning out games and working to have a wonderful reception. In... Read More February, we received an email from Todd, informing us he had taken a job in San Francisco and would be moving in just a few short weeks. Our wedding was in May - 3 months away. Not only did he fail to pick up the phone and call us regarding this big shift on the most important day of our lives, he also told us he was PLANNING to speak with his assistant about taking over the DJ business. Todd never made any recommendations about who we should speak with when it came to hiring a new DJ, only offering the options of a full refund or have his assistant take over IF his assistant wanted the job. I called to request a full refund and to express my disappointment in the lack of courtesy. Todd did apologize, but mentioned how disappointed he was that he "wouldn't be able to make the money" on our wedding day, as well. Through all of this, it became obvious that this was Todd's side hobby that served as a supplemental income. It made us feel as if we were not valued as customers, but more importantly, not valued as a couple celebrating the happiest day of our lives. I find all of this to be in poor taste and unhealthy business practices, especially for something as emotional and significant as a wedding. I would never recommend this DJ service to any of my friends or family. We set out with high hopes and were sorely and deeply disappointed by the results.

Imperial dj

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Shannon M

Todd did an amazing job for our 7/5/14 wedding. Our guests were on the dance floor until the very end. We still get comments on how great he was from our friends and family. I have and will recommend imperial dj to others! Thanks for helping us make our day amazing! -Shannon and... Read More Mike Deane

Excellent choice in the Rochester area!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Kaitlin L

For those seeking a wedding DJ in the Rochester New York area, Todd Cavanaugh of Imperial DJ must be at the top of your wish list. His professionalism and patience will put you and your spouse at ease during your special day. I only had four requests: be punctual, don't play any... Read More country music, be professional/personable, and know the audience. He set up very early in the day and did not shut down until the party ended. He kept a dialogue with me since our initial meeting at Panera Bread. Texts, phone calls, and e-mails were immediately responded to. As a first time groom, I was unprepared for the initial meeting. He asks a lot of questions because he cares about his clients and wants you to have the perfect day. At your first meeting, Todd will present you with lighting options, wedding games, etc. I admit to being very boring and sticking to my basic requests, but you should know that he will go the extra mile for you. In 2015, look no further for a wedding DJ. Todd Cavanaugh will honor each request and make sure that your wedding reception is exactly what you want.

Beyond a DJ, the host of your most special evening!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Ashley W

It was important to my husband and I that we picked a DJ for our wedding who took more of an MC/host role to keep guests entertained and the night running smoothly... Imperial DJ did just this! He was easy to keep in contact with, met with us in person to plan, and allowed us to... Read More develop a playlist that would reflect our values and style. We would have benefitted from meeting with Todd one last time to communicate final details, but he was able to make our night flow seamlessly and any little kinks go unnoticeable!

BEST Wedding Decision

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Ariel P

Jon and I were SO grateful to have Todd as the DJ for our wedding. We've been to a lot of weddings recently and it becomes clear very quickly that the entertainment for the reception sets the mood and tone for the night - and we wouldn't have chosen any different than Imperial... Read More DJ Entertainment! Todd took the time, from a separate state, to meet with us over video chat and discuss our reception. We talked about types of music, specific songs, the reception demographic, and the feel we wanted for our night. He asked questions we didn't even think of to specialize the music to our liking and it ended up being perfect! Todd is smooth and classy - a perfect mix of funny, sentimental, and outgoing. He had new dances to teach, the infamous shoe game that came at the perfect time in the reception to break things up and keep it interesting, and he glided in and out of the nuances of the reception effortlessly. At one point, Jon and I were wandering around saying our hello's in the venue (the dance floor wasn't in view) and we looked at each other and wondered if anyone was dancing, we walked over to where the dance floor was and saw it was BRIMMING with people having an awesome time! It was so fun to watch! I read in the information on Todd's website that a large percentage of married couples wish they'd spent more money on and time searching for their reception entertainment and Todd was worth every penny! We would choose him again in a second. We heard great things from our guests about the night and all in all, it was exactly what we were looking for - our guests to have a fantastic time. If you're looking for a DJ, look no further, everything about Imperial DJ Entertainment is professional, fun, and will be exactly what you're looking for. Thank you Todd for making our reception absolutely perfect, no exaggeration needed, we are so thankful!

Never been let down!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Cheri P

There are a lot of weddings that you can attend throughout a lifetime. Most times there are 2 major things most of your guest remember at weddings: the food and the music (or in other words, was it a great time?) Todd at Imperial DJ can always promise you a FANTASTIC time.... Read More Imperial DJ did my wedding and I have been to several others with the same company with Todd as the DJ. Every single time has been different, fun, and memorable! When working with Todd for my own wedding, he was very flexible with what we wanted to do, but also helped give us ideas of things we could incorporate into the reception. I was certainly impressed with him as my DJ. Not only that, but each wedding I go to where he is DJ, my expectations are never let down. I would suggest Imperial DJ for any wedding, or really, any event that needed music!

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Melissa W

Our wedding was August 30th. Like most weddings, we had a ton of last minute details to email Todd about in the days before. He took all of these in stride and was able to accommodate every request we had!!! We were so appreciative of Todd catering specifically to us (me and... Read More my groom) the whole night, and playing exactly what we wanted! Tons of people tried to request certain songs that were not on our list that we had provided, and Todd stayed true to us and did not play anything we had not requested. He was able to roll with the punches if I asked him to change a song (even if it was one I had personally requested the week before). Everything was fantastic and we are so grateful for Imperial DJ's professionalism and talent :)

Great DJ

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Mindy S

Todd at Imperial DJ did an superb job at our wedding reception. The music he played was great to dance to and our dance floor was never empty. He was able to get our guests transitioning well to other activities and played fun games. We especially liked that he did voice... Read More overs for our parent dances. That meant a lot to them. He also did our up lighting which made the venue look even better. Great service for a great price!

Outstanding Services!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

Imperial DJ was absolutely incredible to work with! After interviewing several wedding DJ's, we discovered Imperial DJ online and decided to give them a shot. We met Todd for coffee; our first impressions were all positive. He made us feel comfortable, introduced some of his... Read More services and gave us some ideas. He made it all about us, wasn't pushy and didn't try to push us on any additional packages. Todd was very easy to talk to. The best part was that he specializes in weddings. This was a huge help, as he understood what we were going through. We obviously had never done this before, so he described in detail the layout of how a typical bride and groom usually wanted to run things while still giving us the freedom to do whatever we wanted. Todd was very responsive to our needs and he was very good at getting back to us when we had questions. He made the process very easy - one less thing to worry about. Our actual wedding and reception were great. He showed up early, everything was set up with no glitches, and he and his partner were very professional. Everything ran very smoothly and he played for as long as we wanted. Our guests loved the "kissing" game during the dinner hour. It was original, fun and got everybody involved. He was knowledgeable on popular wedding-party songs and what certain demographics would like to listen to throughout the night. Todd also introduced himself to our wedding party - this was a huge deal, as it made our guests comfortable with him and none of our other vendors did this. Our guests complimented us on the DJ service. Besides getting married, we are very glad we researched lots of DJ services. It's one of the most important things the bride and groom will need to have a smooth, enjoyable time for everybody, yet seems to be overlooked many times (we have both been to a lot of weddings and have seen poor/choppy services). I can honestly say with confidence, you will not need to interview any other DJ if you go with Todd (Imperial DJ). You both will be completely satisfied and glad you went with his services. The quality of service is outstanding and you both will be content with the value of the service.

My Amazing Reception

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Nicki P

Imperial DJ Entertainment did such a wonderful job at my wedding reception! I truly can't say enough... DJ Todd met with my groom and I before hand to make sure that he was well-informed about the flow of the reception and to find out what we wanted to include to make our... Read More reception personal. The up lighting he did in our banquet hall made the room look INCREDIBLE. I would highly recommend the games that he offers as well! Everything that Imperial DJ Entertainment did, from beginning to end, was elegant, professional and VERY entertaining for my guests. Stop looking for DJ's, you've found the right one here!

Imperial DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Erica P

Todd and his staff were great. They were very personable and I got a lot of positive compliments about them. My reception vendor said he is one of the best he has experienced at their venue. Very pleased!

Best DJ I've Ever Seen!!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Heather C

I had been to several weddings that Todd had done before we hired him for our own. Every wedding I have been at that Todd has DJ-ed he has been nothing less than professional. I highly recommend Imperial DJ for any wedding or event. He kept the party going and did everything... Read More that we asked him to do. He didn't forget one detail and was incredibly personable. I can't say enough about Todd of Imperial DJ.

Great!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Susan C

Todd was great and I highly recommend him!!! I told him I wanted a packed dance floor all night long and that is what we got until the very end! We actually had to tell him to wind things down because we were so tired and couldn't keep up with our guests all night. He was... Read More professional and played great music. I gave him a list before hand of a bunch of songs I like and I definitely heard him working them in all throughout the night. I also really like that he leads the choreographed dances. I've been to other weddings where they just turn into a huge mess. He even did one that I didn't know of. He dressed for the occasion which I really appreciated. I've been to a wedding before where the DJ had a mullet and it just took something away from the elegance of the wedding... We're really happy we went with Todd for our DJ. I can't see anyone being unhappy with him!

An unforgettable night

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Kelly H

My husband and I can not say enough about Imperial DJ. From our very first meeting with Todd we knew we had chosen the right DJ. He was very personable and really cared about making our day a special one. The day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a thing. He was very... Read More professional and coordinated the nights entertainment seamlessly. One of the most memorable moments of the night was the father daughter dance when my dad surprised me with a personal song recorded by his band. Imperial DJ incorporated this event as well as our many song requests and personalized games to make the night ours and unforgettable.

Excellent DJ!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Kate B

Todd and his team were absolutely excellent. He listened to what my husband and I wanted for our big day and made suggestions about what he thought might work with the feel of our wedding. During the reception, he made sure we were having fun, which is so rare for a DJ to... Read More really take the time and ensure you are having the time of your life. Todd really was a huge part of the success of our wedding and I wouldn't have wanted any other DJ. In fact, a friend who attended our wedding loved the way Todd worked, she booked him for her wedding next October!

Best Wedding Reception Ever! (I may be a little bi

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Stephanie M

Todd made every effort to ensure that our wedding reception was a huge success. During the initial consultation, he immediately put us at ease by suggesting a number of ideas to keep our guests engaged and entertained. He was available whenever we needed him leading up to our... Read More event, and took the time to make sure all the details were covered. During our reception, Todd did an amazing job of keeping things moving and choreographing all the events we had requested. Our guests all complimented us on how much fun they had, and we gladly took credit for all his creativity and hard work :) We couldn't recommend him more highly!

Satisfied and Returned Customer

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Miriam M

I very highly recommend hiring Imperial DJ for any special event you may be hosting, especially weddings. The first time I experienced their services was when I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding. They obviously had spent time with bride and groom in order to make their... Read More reception personal, fun and enjoyable for everyone there. I'd never been to any wedding reception that had such unique and involved games to play. Not to mention the genuine and hilarious humor Todd will throw in as he smoothly transitions from one thing to the next. He also delivers good music to both listen and dance to so when it came time for my wedding the decision was obvious when it came to choosing DJ and entertainment for my reception. He added such a professional and personal touch while being extremely easy going at the same time, something that is hard to find. When we ran into a few problems with our space and no air conditioning he was extremely gracious and still made it possible and easy for everyone to have a good time. My siblings and I a few years later threw a big birthday party for our mother and knew that we just had to have Imperial DJ provide our music and entertainment. What a blast we had! This would not have been possible without Todd and Imperial DJ. It's very clear that he was meant to have this career. You will NOT be disappointed!

Best wedding our guests have ever been too! (Us to

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Lauren S

We didn't meet with Imperial DJ until a couple months before the wedding because we lived out of state. My Mom found him and said we couldn't let him get away because his personality was so energetic and fun...she was right! The up-lighting he provided gave the reception the... Read More finishing touch of elegance, and the music selection made for the best party and dancing we could have asked for. Many guests tell us they still talk about our wedding over a year later when we see them! Much of it has to do with the careful planning and collaboration with the bride and groom to ensure that everything we want is included, from specific songs we want to hear, to certain games we want played, and the order we want everything done in. He truly caters to the bride and groom and part of why I think he is so good at it is because he sincerely enjoys it and takes pride in making that special day memorable.

Fun and Personal

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Whitney G

I took a lot of time picking out all my vendors for my wedding day and choosing Imperial DJ was an easy decision. From the moment we first met with Todd he made it clear that he wanted to do whatever it took to make our day special and just what we wanted. Imperial DJ really... Read More took the time to learn who we were as a couple and find out what our style was- and they nailed it! The best part... Todd made our reception "ours" with unique games that all the guests enjoyed. All out guests had a great time, everyone was up on the dance floor! They did a great job getting everyone involved. I highly recommend imperial DJ! They truly made it easy to relax and enjoy the day! Very professional!

Best DJ in the area, best decision you will make

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Esther Joy J

Todd Cavanaugh is the best DJ. My husband wanted the entertainment value of our reception to be high on the priority list. Todd was incredible with running the flow of the reception, playing the songs we had requested, making the lighting of the reception place amazing, and... Read More engaging everyone who attended the reception. I highly recommend this company!