Based: Twin Cities, MN. Will (and often do) travel anywhere

Midwest's Most In-Demand Variety Wedding Band!!

**Current 20% discount on OFF-SEASON SATURDAYS and ALL NON-SATURDAYS for 2018! -Perfect variety of music (Old & new Rock, Pop, Country) -Experts at "reading the crowd" -High energy, only the best dance hits! -Many glowing references available from other weddings -Provide sound and lights, break music, announcements -Working band - this is what we do! Over 100 shows per year since 2009 -Experienced with the wedding dance process. -Professional, flexible

Guitar, Percussion, Vocals

Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Based: Twin Cities, MN. Will (and often do) travel anywhere (507) 254-9728

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Andrew R

I've been to a lot of wedding all over the country and In the Fields is hands down the best band I've heard (and very affordable).  I heard In the Fields at my cousins wedding a few years ago.  Among all the wedding planning decisions we had to make (venue, food, beverage,... Read More photographer, etc), choosing this band was the easiest and most gratifying. We were happy with the other parts too, I just can't rave about In the Fields enough.  Everyone I spoke to was floored with how little we paid for such a great band and how it really contributed to a great wedding.  COOPERATION:  Great cooperation from our first contact through the end of our wedding. Steve was very receptive to our wishes and extremely accommodating. What I appreciated the most was the detail in planning. Furthermore, Steve did a wonderful job of both emphasizing his desire to do things however we wanted, but also providing great insight and advice from someone who knows how to put on a great show.  PERSONNEL: Great demeanor. It's exactly what we wanted. Sometimes I've been at weddings and the band seems....a little too choreographed, too showy, or just kind of cheesy. In the Fields demeanor was perfect. Laid back, talented musicians providing great music and creating a wonderful atmosphere for our guests.  MUSIC SELECTION:  Yes! Great choices all around. In the Fields did a phenomenal job of reading the crowd and playing music everyone enjoyed. Great mix of several genres. SOUND QUALITY Yes, very professional. perfect sound quality and level. Not blaring, but the right volume to maximize the energy for our guests.  LIGHTING The lighting was great for our venue. It wasn't over the top, but added to the atmosphere.  SUMMARY: You guys really crushed it. Emma and I can't thank you enough. It was a real pleasure.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Tara L

Best money paid for our reception. In the Fields was amazing at our wedding - they exceeded our expectations for a wedding band. Our guest had so much fun at the reception. Steve was so easy to work with from start to finish. There was never a doubt in my mind. I was able to... Read More take my time filling out the reception planner and they made sure our reception was perfect. They did an excellent job selecting the songs for our guests to sing and dance along to. I was able to select a few songs I for sure wanted played during the reception, but everything else that they choose was almost like I picked each and every song. Perfect! I remember I was at the other side of the barn talking to my mom at her table during a break and I said "The band should be done with their break soon" and she replied... "Tara, they've been playing for the last 5 minutes" That's how great these guys were!! Steve also performed the music for our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. I am SO happy we choose In the Fields!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kate L

WOW!! Steve and In the Fields MADE our wedding reception, and I'm not exaggerating!! They were massively talented entertainers and kept everyone dancing ALL night! So fun and easy to work with and so much better than any DJ we could have ever hired. I've recommended them to all... Read More of my friends and I had a number of wedding guests ask for their contact information.

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Abbey F

In the Fields was amazing! Such an upgrade over a traditional DJ. We could not have imagined the night without them. Very responsive, easy to work with, affordable, and incredibly talented! Many guests commented on how impressed they were with the band. Would recommend them over... Read More and over again!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Katelyn M

We got married at Spirit Mountain, Duluth MN on 12/9/17. In the Fields was absolutely amazing to work with! They play a range of music from classic Rock to country to todays pop hits! I never had to come up with a set list, as they just read the crowd and played the best songs!... Read More They seamlessly transitioned from song to song, keeping everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire night! They never hesitated to learn the songs I requested. Steve played during our ceremony, and it was perfect! He even learned to play a new song just 2 weeks before the wedding without hesitation. Our guests absolutely LOVED the band, and we could not have been happier to work with them!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Amber O

Thank you so much for playing at our wedding; the reception and ceremony! It was beyond amazing!  I'd definitely recommend In The Fields for any one looking for a talented band; you will be amazed!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Linda H

You were awesome and we had such good feedback from everyone. Even from some people that have played in bands. Everyone was very amazed at all the different styles of songs that you could sing and the range of your voice. Loved that you went from one song right into the next. I... Read More don't think anybody left the dance floor for very long. Everyone even danced during your breaks. Music selection for that was great. Very happy! Loved that you were able to get all the sound checks done before the reception. Very nice! You were very competent and accommodating in every aspect. You did an awesome job on the 3 songs that we selected for you to learn. Thumbs up! Would like to know your upcoming schedule for the public and if there are any around the area.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Joyce H

I first heard "In The Fields" at my nephews wedding. We danced like crazy. Fast forward a couple years and my son is getting married. I immediately reached out to Steve at In The Fields and booked him for the reception. The band did not disappoint. Great time was had by... Read More all!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Seth M

We received many compliments from those who attended the wedding, with several guests wanting to know who the band was and how we found them. We have been to a few other weddings with live bands since ours and none of them have compared to In the Fields! They were able to play... Read More exactly the type of music we requested (and adhered to our no-play list) and kept the dance floor full all night. In the Fields was also timely and professional in their pre-wedding communication, which helps eliminate a lot of stress from the wedding planning process. We will definitely consider In the Fields for any future events!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

This band was highly recommended to me, and for good reason! I had several guests comment to me during our reception that this was the BEST wedding band they had ever heard. One of the common praises was that during each 20-minute set, the band seamlessly transitioned from one... Read More song to the next without letting the music die. I requested a few special songs that were not in the band's extensive catalog, and they learned and played them flawlessly!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Marissa F

In the Fields did an amazing job for my wedding (both the ceremony and the reception). They kept the dance floor full all night and did a great job reading the crowd. The Wedding Planner that the band sends is very detailed, and ensures that everything will go perfectly. All of... Read More our guests (and even our other vendors) are still raving about In the Fields.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Ericka B

I'd give In The Fields 10 stars if I could! These guys were amazing! I first heard them at a friend's wedding in Minneapolis and decided to see if they'd be willing to travel to the Madison, WI area for our wedding. They were, thankfully! Steve was incredibly easy to work with... Read More leading up to our wedding - very organized and responsive. He made the planning stress-free. We had him play acoustic guitar for our ceremony and then had the full band for our reception. They do a great job of mixing up the music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Our guests had a blast. Highly recommend In The Fields!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shannon W

I cannot recommend this band enough. In the Fields was a definite highlight for our wedding. I'm a musician and am very picky when it comes to live music. Steve is an incredible singer and the 3 piece band packs a punch playing live. Another plus is that since they're only a... Read More 3 person band, more reception sites can accommodate them because they take up less space than a 7-15 piece band. I personally don't care for wedding bands that only play old school, jazzy tunes. In the Fields has a wide variety of song selections that spans pop, rock and country. They have oldies and newbies spanning Billy Idol's classic 'Mony, Mony' and Walk the Moon's 'Shut up and Dance with Me'. What my guests were amazed by is that when they're playing, they never stop between songs - they go straight into the next song, no break. So when they play a 30-40 minute set, they are playing for 30-40 minutes straight, there is not a single moment of silence between songs. When the band does take a 15 minute break, I recommend letting them do the playlist for the band breaks. One of their band members is essentially acting as a DJ for these 15 minutes and picking songs to play. They do an excellent job picking the songs for the crowd, so let them do their thing and have one less thing to worry about on your wedding day. Steve is very easy to work with and extremely kind - I highly recommend booking In the Fields for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Olivia B

BEST WEDDING BAND! My husband and I searched for a band that we thought would keep our guests dancing all night, and In The Fields did just that! They are truly an amazing, talented group. They play an excellent selection of music and were able to read our crowd and keep people... Read More on the dance floor all night. We received constant compliments through the night on just how much our guests loved them. They were super easy to work with and answered all our questions. We had the lead singer play for our wedding ceremony and he did a beautiful job. This was one of our best decisions of planning our wedding. You won't regret asking In The fields to be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Hannah K

We hired In the Fields to play at our reception (7-11pm) and they did an awesome job. Multiple guests commented that they loved the seamless transition between songs. One of my guests also loved that the drums were set up behind a plastic screen of sorts so the drums weren't... Read More overpoweringly loud in our smaller reception space. They rocked on even after the floor wasn't very full, and they were fun to have playing while guests chatted in the adjacent room. We let the band do their own thing with very little input from us, and it was so nice to not worry about those details. Everything went without a hitch. We would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Marissa M

Can't go wrong with this band! They were very easy to communicate with in the planning stages, it was really nice in the last few months of planning. They played great music, and EVERYONE enjoyed having them there. So many people have commented about how great the the band was... Read More and how much fun they had!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Mark H

Don’t bother looking for a bad review as there are none … and for good reason. Steve has this down, from running his business to performing. He is very prompt with communication throughout and has a planning template that is very thorough to make planning easy. We hired In... Read More The Fields to play at our son’s wedding on 9/17/16. Steve and crew are extremely talented and play a very wide variety of music. I was on the dance floor all night and I really don’t dance. I wish I could replay the night over and over again. Let Steve do his own thing as far as picking songs. He has a talent to read the crowd and adjust on the fly to keep the dance floor full. I talked to quite a few bands and there was no comparison as far as VALUE! If your date is available now, don’t wait any longer or your date will be gone. Check out their calendar…they are busy!! Highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016

We hired In the Fields based on reviews and their website (without seeing them in person). No regrets. The lead singer of In the Fields, Steve, performed acoustic music for our wedding ceremony. His performance was beautiful and exactly what we hoped and asked for. The band... Read More performed for our reception and we received numerous comments from our guests as to how amazing they were. In the Fields sends out a very detailed performance planner prior to the event, which makes the planning process easy. The band learned specific songs that we requested. Rather than setting a specific set-list for the reception, they followed the responsiveness of the crowd to determine song choice. All in all, hiring In the Fields was one of the best decisions we made and we would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Anna A

We heard about In the Fields from another couple who had them at there wedding. We went to listen to In the Fields at a local bar Boomers in Rochester where they play often, we fell in love instantly! We actually booked a few days after we say them! We recommend them... Read More to anyone who is looking for live music! We had SO many compliments at our wedding and the dance floor was never empty! Cooperation: 5 Personnel: 5 Music selection: 5 Sound quality: 5 Lighting: 5 Value: 5 For anyone looking for live music please go see one of In the fields shows! We go every chance we can when they are in Rochester! They are worth what u pay! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Laura H

In the Fields was absolutely incredible for our wedding and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a fun, upbeat band. Our big worry going into the wedding was finding a band that could play upbeat music to keep everyone dancing all night. Other bands did a... Read More good job of either getting the adults to dance (with older songs that were too slow for our friends to dance to), or (often DJ’s) played music that our friends liked but that adults couldn’t dance to. In the Fields crushed it and our dance floor was packed from 9pm to 1am with both our friends and parents’ friends. They did such a great job and everyone was so excited to be on the dance floor that they played straight through their final set break because they didn’t want to stop the party. In the Fields was an amazing value relative to the other bands that we checked out and they were very flexible on when we wanted them to play. Steve was extremely responsive in the planning portion of the wedding and sent over a great planning guide ahead of the wedding to make sure we had all of the logistics for the first dance, spotlight dances and open dancing all set. In the Fields did a great job learning our first song and crushed it. One of our favorite parts about In the Fields was the range of music that they can play well, ranging from Pink to Zac Brown Band. They had the most extensive list of more modern songs that we saw and are able to play all of the songs well. If you even think you might be interested in a more upbeat band that can play a good mix of country and pop, I would strongly suggest going to see Steve and In the Fields live as they play around the Twin Cities fairly regularly. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the performance that Steve and In the Fields put on and it has been by far the most complimented part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Denise D

"One more song! One more song!" This is what our guests were chanting at the end of the night. Need I say more? In the Fields delivered in every possible way. Steve played during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and his acoustic set (that voice!) is not to be missed. The... Read More band proceeded to rock the rest of the night away and kept the dance floor packed the entire time! They transitioned right from one song to the next, always picking the right songs to keep the energy going. Their variety and vocal range is fantastic. Steve is so easy to work with, and it's clear that he puts sincere thought and preparation into every event. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests are still talking about this band, no joke. We wanted to throw a memorable party and these guys made it happen. I would highly recommend In the Fields to anyone, whether for a wedding or just a night out if you're lucky enough to have them playing at a pub near you. (Oh, and they did play "one more song"...or two... because they are AWESOME!)

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Nicole K

Cannot say enough about this band! In the Fields made the trip to Spring Green, WI to play for our wedding with absolutely NO hassle. The ceremony music was SPOT on! Everyone loved the personalized Miley Cyrus song Steve learned to play acoustic for us. Everything they played... Read More that day/night was more than we could've asked for. The songs they offered to learn for us (Shoop being my favorite), the seamless way they led us through the schedule, and their unbelievable energy. We were most excited for the music - and it was beyond our expectations. Just as we would have liked, when talking about our wedding we often hear, "My God...That band!" Our friends loved it so much they are more than willing to tag along to hear In The Fields at other locations to reminisce.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Evan W

If you are looking for a wedding band, look no further!!! In the Fields has it all!!! If you are looking for a band who can carry a party all night long, these are your guys. In the Fields was incredibly easy to work with, responsive leading up to the wedding, and flexible in... Read More accommodating additional requests. Not only did they play at our wedding but they also provided sound for our ceremony and did an acoustic set as people arrived. To say that they were prepared for our wedding reception is an understatement. They arrived with full staging, lights, and even a fog machine! They learned three new songs for us free of charge, played to the crowd all night, and kept the dance floor packed with their wide range of songs! If you are wondering about value, In the Fields is worth far more than they charge. It was a pleasure to work with them and they were the highlight of the day for many of our guests! They can expect to see us at some of their future shows, so to Steve and the rest of the band we say THANK YOU!!! With love, The Witts!!! PS If you want to see just some of the highlights from the band at our wedding check it out here:

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

These guys were awesome!! They played the reception at our wedding 6/4/16 and it was a great experience. Everyone said they loved the band. Such a fun show kept the dance floor full all night. I hope friends/family members book them for future gatherings!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Rachel S

I am so glad we chose In the Fields to play at our wedding. They were extremely responsive right from the beginning. Communication was never an issue. They clarified anything that I was unclear about, and were a pleasure to work with. Steve played at our ceremony and cocktail... Read More hour, and it was perfect. The band played again at our reception, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The band was so professional and affordable. They played the songs we wanted and catered the rest of the music to the crowd and what they responded to. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a band for their wedding or any other event.