In the Fields

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Based: Twin Cities, MN. Will (and often do) travel anywhere (507) 254-9728

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Olivia B

BEST WEDDING BAND! My husband and I searched for a band that we thought would keep our guests dancing all night, and In The Fields did just that! They are truly an amazing, talented group. They play an excellent selection of music and were able to read our crowd and keep people... Read More on the dance floor all night. We received constant compliments through the night on just how much our guests loved them. They were super easy to work with and answered all our questions. We had the lead singer play for our wedding ceremony and he did a beautiful job. This was one of our best decisions of planning our wedding. You won't regret asking In The fields to be a part of your wedding.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Hannah K

We hired In the Fields to play at our reception (7-11pm) and they did an awesome job. Multiple guests commented that they loved the seamless transition between songs. One of my guests also loved that the drums were set up behind a plastic screen of sorts so the drums weren't... Read More overpoweringly loud in our smaller reception space. They rocked on even after the floor wasn't very full, and they were fun to have playing while guests chatted in the adjacent room. We let the band do their own thing with very little input from us, and it was so nice to not worry about those details. Everything went without a hitch. We would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Marissa M

Can't go wrong with this band! They were very easy to communicate with in the planning stages, it was really nice in the last few months of planning. They played great music, and EVERYONE enjoyed having them there. So many people have commented about how great the the band was... Read More and how much fun they had!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Mark H

Don’t bother looking for a bad review as there are none … and for good reason. Steve has this down, from running his business to performing. He is very prompt with communication throughout and has a planning template that is very thorough to make planning easy. We hired In... Read More The Fields to play at our son’s wedding on 9/17/16. Steve and crew are extremely talented and play a very wide variety of music. I was on the dance floor all night and I really don’t dance. I wish I could replay the night over and over again. Let Steve do his own thing as far as picking songs. He has a talent to read the crowd and adjust on the fly to keep the dance floor full. I talked to quite a few bands and there was no comparison as far as VALUE! If your date is available now, don’t wait any longer or your date will be gone. Check out their calendar…they are busy!! Highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Mark H

Reviewed on 11/06/2016

We hired In the Fields based on reviews and their website (without seeing them in person). No regrets. The lead singer of In the Fields, Steve, performed acoustic music for our wedding ceremony. His performance was beautiful and exactly what we hoped and asked for. The band... Read More performed for our reception and we received numerous comments from our guests as to how amazing they were. In the Fields sends out a very detailed performance planner prior to the event, which makes the planning process easy. The band learned specific songs that we requested. Rather than setting a specific set-list for the reception, they followed the responsiveness of the crowd to determine song choice. All in all, hiring In the Fields was one of the best decisions we made and we would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Anna A

We heard about In the Fields from another couple who had them at there wedding. We went to listen to In the Fields at a local bar Boomers in Rochester where they play often, we fell in love instantly! We actually booked a few days after we say them! We recommend them... Read More to anyone who is looking for live music! We had SO many compliments at our wedding and the dance floor was never empty! Cooperation: 5 Personnel: 5 Music selection: 5 Sound quality: 5 Lighting: 5 Value: 5 For anyone looking for live music please go see one of In the fields shows! We go every chance we can when they are in Rochester! They are worth what u pay! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Laura H

In the Fields was absolutely incredible for our wedding and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a fun, upbeat band. Our big worry going into the wedding was finding a band that could play upbeat music to keep everyone dancing all night. Other bands did a... Read More good job of either getting the adults to dance (with older songs that were too slow for our friends to dance to), or (often DJ’s) played music that our friends liked but that adults couldn’t dance to. In the Fields crushed it and our dance floor was packed from 9pm to 1am with both our friends and parents’ friends. They did such a great job and everyone was so excited to be on the dance floor that they played straight through their final set break because they didn’t want to stop the party. In the Fields was an amazing value relative to the other bands that we checked out and they were very flexible on when we wanted them to play. Steve was extremely responsive in the planning portion of the wedding and sent over a great planning guide ahead of the wedding to make sure we had all of the logistics for the first dance, spotlight dances and open dancing all set. In the Fields did a great job learning our first song and crushed it. One of our favorite parts about In the Fields was the range of music that they can play well, ranging from Pink to Zac Brown Band. They had the most extensive list of more modern songs that we saw and are able to play all of the songs well. If you even think you might be interested in a more upbeat band that can play a good mix of country and pop, I would strongly suggest going to see Steve and In the Fields live as they play around the Twin Cities fairly regularly. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the performance that Steve and In the Fields put on and it has been by far the most complimented part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Denise D

"One more song! One more song!" This is what our guests were chanting at the end of the night. Need I say more? In the Fields delivered in every possible way. Steve played during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and his acoustic set (that voice!) is not to be missed. The... Read More band proceeded to rock the rest of the night away and kept the dance floor packed the entire time! They transitioned right from one song to the next, always picking the right songs to keep the energy going. Their variety and vocal range is fantastic. Steve is so easy to work with, and it's clear that he puts sincere thought and preparation into every event. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests are still talking about this band, no joke. We wanted to throw a memorable party and these guys made it happen. I would highly recommend In the Fields to anyone, whether for a wedding or just a night out if you're lucky enough to have them playing at a pub near you. (Oh, and they did play "one more song"...or two... because they are AWESOME!)

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Nicole K

Cannot say enough about this band! In the Fields made the trip to Spring Green, WI to play for our wedding with absolutely NO hassle. The ceremony music was SPOT on! Everyone loved the personalized Miley Cyrus song Steve learned to play acoustic for us. Everything they played... Read More that day/night was more than we could've asked for. The songs they offered to learn for us (Shoop being my favorite), the seamless way they led us through the schedule, and their unbelievable energy. We were most excited for the music - and it was beyond our expectations. Just as we would have liked, when talking about our wedding we often hear, "My God...That band!" Our friends loved it so much they are more than willing to tag along to hear In The Fields at other locations to reminisce.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Evan W

If you are looking for a wedding band, look no further!!! In the Fields has it all!!! If you are looking for a band who can carry a party all night long, these are your guys. In the Fields was incredibly easy to work with, responsive leading up to the wedding, and flexible in... Read More accommodating additional requests. Not only did they play at our wedding but they also provided sound for our ceremony and did an acoustic set as people arrived. To say that they were prepared for our wedding reception is an understatement. They arrived with full staging, lights, and even a fog machine! They learned three new songs for us free of charge, played to the crowd all night, and kept the dance floor packed with their wide range of songs! If you are wondering about value, In the Fields is worth far more than they charge. It was a pleasure to work with them and they were the highlight of the day for many of our guests! They can expect to see us at some of their future shows, so to Steve and the rest of the band we say THANK YOU!!! With love, The Witts!!! PS If you want to see just some of the highlights from the band at our wedding check it out here: https://youtu.be/npm66VwYVJU

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

These guys were awesome!! They played the reception at our wedding 6/4/16 and it was a great experience. Everyone said they loved the band. Such a fun show kept the dance floor full all night. I hope friends/family members book them for future gatherings!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Rachel S

I am so glad we chose In the Fields to play at our wedding. They were extremely responsive right from the beginning. Communication was never an issue. They clarified anything that I was unclear about, and were a pleasure to work with. Steve played at our ceremony and cocktail... Read More hour, and it was perfect. The band played again at our reception, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The band was so professional and affordable. They played the songs we wanted and catered the rest of the music to the crowd and what they responded to. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a band for their wedding or any other event.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Samantha W

In the Fields was AMAZING! They were so easy to work with, answered all of my questions, and rocked! We had a solo acoustic performed at our outdoor ceremony and a 3-piece band perform at our indoor reception. All of our guests, young and old, stayed on the dance floor and... Read More commented on how awesome they are. We gave out their name to quite a few guests who are looking to book them for their own future events. Also affordable for how much they brought to the event. Really created an awesome atmosphere for our wedding.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Alyssa V

I would, without a doubt, refer In the Fields to friends and family because they were a huge hit amongst our wedding guests and made our wedding reception a night to remember! A year later we are still getting compliments about the band and how great they were. I heard about... Read More In the Fields from my sister-in-law who was in a wedding that the band played at. She was pregnant and said she never left the dance floor. I knew they were a band worth looking into. The music went from one catchy song to another with no breaks which made you want to stay dancing to see what was coming next. This would explain why the dance floor was still packed at midnight, begging for the band to continue. All songs were catchy and fitting for people of all ages. For those who didn't like dancing, they stayed close by just to watch and listen to the band. Not only did In the Fields produce quality music, they were relaxed and easy to work with. Communication was simple and smooth. Once I returned my completed request sheet, I put trust in the band that they had experience working with events. I let them do their thing and the night went so smooth. It was one less thing I had to think about! The cost was so reasonable. Had it been much higher, we would have resorted to getting a DJ. Dancing our first dance to a live band made the dance even more special. After our wedding, many hesitantly asked how much we had to pay to have In the Fields. They were shocked when we told them. I am happy we chose to spend the extra money to get live music. The price was right and worth every penny! I am very grateful that In the Fields was able to play at our wedding reception.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Sherri W

In the Fields performed at our wedding reception and I couldn't be more pleased with how everything went. From start to finish Steve and the guys were great to work with!! They were very accommodating with every request I threw at them! They kept the dance floor packed with... Read More guests, and we received many compliments. They play something for everyone and kept the crowd entertained!! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great entertainment! Loved them!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Band EVER

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Kathryn A

The best investment we made for our wedding BY FAR! Worth every penny! The guys know how to keep a crowd happy. Super cool group, very flexible. The planner the band sent to us well before the wedding-to help layout the event- was EXTREMELY helpful!! After we completed it,... Read More everything was done and the day went on without a hitch! I Worried it may be overwhelming (volume-wise) in our venue, but it was perfect! So talented, they just have a knack for catering the right tunes to the crowd! True entertainment, met every expectation above and beyond! You would be crazy to hire a DJ instead of these guys!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Erin N

We would recommend In the Fields to everyone! We had so much fun having them play at our wedding. All of the guests loved the variety of music played. There was definitely something for everyone. We thought the band did a great job with every aspect of their part at the... Read More reception including announcing the wedding party, the bouquet toss, music in between sets, reading the crowd etc.The band was very professional interacting with guests and in between sets. I am still getting compliments from family and wedding guests about how great they were and how much they loved the variety of songs they played. Many wedding guests said it was the best wedding dance they had been to in a very long time.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Erin N

Love, love, love! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Cory and I would definitely recommend In the Fields – not just for weddings, but for any big party/event. The biggest compliment we got was about the band – people were complimenting the music even after our wedding day. These compliments came from people of all different ages... Read More and from individuals with completely different taste in music. Everyone was mesmerized by the band’s ability to play a wide variety of music and ability to play it well. AND all of this is despite the fact that we had to take a temporary break due to a blown fuse! The blown fuse wasn’t even an issue because once everything was up and running, it was like they never skipped a beat!

Best wedding band ever! - In the Fields

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

We had In the Fields perform at our ceremony and reception in August 2015. They were absolutely amazing! The ceremony music was acoustic guitar and was beautiful. Steve & Jamie learned new songs for us based on our requests. They matched exactly what we wanted. The dance floor... Read More at our reception was packed all night! They transitioned from song to song without breaks in between so you never had a chance to sit down as the next song was a great one as well! They played a variety of music from old school rock to hip hop to country to pop. So fun! We had so many people tell us how awesome the band was and how it was one of the best wedding dances they had been to. Steve was very responsive to all emails and requests. If you are trying to decide between a DJ or band, you will not go wrong booking In the Fields! We can't recommend them highly enough!

Hire In the Fields for a rocking good time!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Alyson D

Steve, the singer and guitarist is amazing. He returned all of my emails quickly and went above and beyond to make the live music during our super awesome party extra fabulous. Steve was able to provide acoustic music during our ceremony, which sounded just as I wanted it to. He... Read More and the band also learned three songs of our choosing (that are not part of their usual setlist). Our guests absolutely loved the three piece band for the reception- they rocked it. They were able to play a variety of songs/genres/decades- it was awesome. I highly recommend this band and Steve for your event. You will not regret!

The BAND that has it all! (In the Fields)

Reviewed on 2/16/2015

Steve was awesome in his communication with my fiancé and I. Even when I got Bridezilla (maybe checking in a little too much), Steve was patient and kind. They were true to their delivery – and rocked the house the day of our wedding! They definitely had our back and cared... Read More about their presentation matching the vision we had for our wedding! They send out a questionnaire filled with the smallest details – things I would have never thought of asking. We are months past our wedding, and people are still talking about our band! They kept everyone on the floor all night long! I have never been to a wedding where everyone was dancing the entire time!!! You could hear perfectly from everywhere in the building. The band cared about the finishing touches. The lighting was fantastic... Honestly the band should charge more – they are professional, hard-working, and kick ass!!! You get your bang for your buck – and a LOT more!!! Everything – the professionalism, attention to detail, easy to work with, talented – Rockstars!! We seriously have people still asking about the band (we passed out your cards) and feel your performance was the highlight of our wedding. Thank you for doing such an outstanding job!!! 

Live band review

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Brooke S

In the Fields was amazing!! The dance floor was filled the entire night. We couldn't have asked for a better mix of music. We received many positive comments from our wedding guests on how great the band was. Overall it was a wonderful night and we can't thank the band... Read More enough!! I would highly recommend In the Fields... and have!!

In the Fields - wedding band. Perfect night.

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 kelly a

K and I couldn't have had a better experience than the one we had with In the Fields. Many people asked where they could see In the Fields play, including (the venue in which the reception was held).