Not the Pinterest photographers.

Your wedding day should be a meaningful and fun celebration of you and your partner, not be a list of posed and cliché photos. Our style is all about the 4 C's: Color, Contrast, Creative and Candid. COLOR. Your colors will be accurate, true, and vivid. We don't like the dated, washed-out pastel look that so many wedding photographers use. CONTRAST. We love shadows, depth, and shooting at night. CANDID. We specialize in exciting, soulful and candid images that truly capture the feeling of the moment. CREATIVE. We know how to create beautiful one-of-a-kind portraits that you'll want to put on your wall and cherish forever. RANKED in the Top 25 Wedding Photographers in Austin. 5-Star Rated. We have a real brick and mortar studio in Westlake. Shooting weddings since 2010.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3930 Bee Caves Rd., Austin, TX Austin and Beyond (512) 968-5937

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob H

Audrey and John were a pleasure to work with. Libby and I decided on a package that included a bridal session, and 8 hours of coverage on our wedding day. We just picked up our photo book this week, and are thrilled with the finished product. Leading up to the wedding, Audrey... Read More and John were available for multiple consultations and had great feedback that helped us finalize our timeline. John was flexible when Libby rescheduled her bridal session, and met her out in Driftwood without hesitation. The day of the wedding, they did a great job of being assertive when they needed to be, and the rest of the time they were flies on the wall. We are amazed at the number of genuine moments that they captured throughout the day. It was really difficult to decide which shots to use in albums for our parents because we had over 600 quality, edited photos from the wedding day alone. When we were considering vendors, we definitely felt some sticker shock while comparing In Your Eyes to other options in Austin. Ultimately we realized that once the day was over, that our vows and the pictures would be the only things that would stay with us for a lifetime. With that in mind, we prioritized our photographer at the top of our budget. Needless to say, we have no regrets with our decision. If you decide to book Audrey and John, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rachel L

Audrey and John are fantastic! As a graphic designer I know good photography, so I had pretty high standards when I set out to pick our photographer. Audrey and John's artistically candid style instantly caught my eye. I could not be happier that I chose them to capture our... Read More special day. They are extremely professional and just generally fun to be around. They're the best at what they do and I would highly recommend them to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Mallory G

I could not have asked for a better experience with John and Audrey! They were very easy to communicate with up until the big day, showed up early to the church, and made my wedding day absolutely flawless. We had a Catholic wedding, and John and Audrey were both so very... Read More respectful of the space and the Mass. These photographers have an eye for beauty that is totally unmatched, and this was revealed through the quality of my wedding photos. They even went out of their way to give us a few day-after teaser photos. Hands down, John and Audrey are the best Austin photographers you will ever work with!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Christi P

In Your Eyes Photography is absolutely incredible. At the top of my wedding importance list was pictures. I wanted perfect pictures and IYE’s fulfilled this wish. I’m so thankful my coworker recommended them, because all I was finding in my search for a photographer were... Read More portfolios of the same posed pictures over and over. I wanted candid, real life pictures and that’s what IYE’s gave us. The pictures are absolutely perfect and timeless. John, Audrey, and the team are super fun and easy to work with. We plan to use them again for all of our future life celebrations!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Danielle G

Hiring John was one of the easiest decisions I made during my wedding planning process. When we first spoke I was just starting to browse for photographers, but our conversation was so great I cancelled all my other calls for the week and booked him the next day. John and Audrey... Read More were great to work with and the candid style of their photographs were exactly what we wanted. I couldn't have asked for better pictures and my friends can't stop tearing up when they look st them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gabrielle A

There’s something special about wedding photography. All it takes is one photograph—one image of a bride with her groom on their wedding day—to create a lifetime of memories. Memories for the bride and groom (of course), but also memories for their kin. Memories for their... Read More children as they look through albums over a family meal. Memories for a grandchild who sneaks into her grandmother’s bedroom with the sole purpose of staring at THAT wedding photo—the one where her well-dressed grandmother and grandfather are so young, so happy, and so in love. Wedding photography is special because it encapsulates everything we dream to be true about true love. It captures a moment so full of love it saturates the image, seeping through the page or screen right into our hearts. Audrey and John, you are these record makers. You are the ones seeing, shooting, and editing hundreds of images for couples that will last a lifetime, and I would trust no one else with this incredible responsibility. I first met John at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza. I was drawn to his booth by the candid photography displayed. When I got home, I researched In Your Eyes Photography online and found an article that Audrey wrote suggesting a list of questions that every couple should ask their potential wedding photographers. After completing my research, I reached out to John. He quickly responded, setting up a dinner meeting so that my fiancé and I could get to know him and Audrey better. By the end of the dinner, Audrey and John felt like old friends, and we had no doubts in our minds that they were the team we wanted. Flash-forward a month, and we were taking our engagement photographs with Audrey on South Congress Avenue. We were a bit nervous about it, but she eased us into it. She was so creative, fun, and playful that we had an absolute blast. We even used one of our engagement photos on the invitation to our wedding! And then, it was our wedding day. Audrey and John were amazing. They captured the most intimate and timeless moments of our wedding. We had bridal party portraits, family portraits, and a multitude of candid moments from our ceremony and reception. In addition, John and Audrey captured a long exposure sparkler photograph for us and another one featuring twinkle lights. Everything felt so magical and easy. We didn’t worry about anything. We knew that Audrey and John were capturing every important moment. Waiting for our edited photographs was the hardest part. When they were finally ready, we were invited to the In Your Eyes studio for our an unveiling. Audrey and John had setup mimosas, cheese, crackers and a ten-minute slideshow of our photographs. As the slideshow played, I cried. It was so beautiful and well produced. The photographs were well edited, and I could barely believe that those images were really ours. Looking at my photographs now—ten weeks after our wedding—I’m still tearing up. Each one holds such power. Transporting me back to that day—that moment—when my husband and I experienced Heaven on Earth. Wanting and needing for nothing. Surrounded by our closest family and friends. Everyone was happy. Everything was peaceful. Everything was perfect. Audrey and John captured photographs of my Heaven on Earth. It is with great gratitude, assurance, and respect that I recommend them to any couple who desires breathtakingly beautiful, timeless, and romantic wedding images. Thank you, Audrey and John, for everything.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob H

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meridith R

Audrey and John are great! They were great partners to my husband and I as we moved through the planning process, they were excellent on our wedding day despite a torrential downpour that changed our plans at the last moment. They rolled with the punches and stayed positive in... Read More the face of changing timelines and a very stressed out wedding party. We are very grateful they were on our side for the wedding and cherish the memories they captured! If I had to do it all over again, I'd pick In Your Eyes in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Robin W

I had the pleasure of working with In Your Eyes for my wedding day. My husband and I are not the most graceful people and they were able to provide guidance and tips to get the best shots! We love and deeply cherish all the photos they took. Since the beginning of our... Read More correspondence, they were quick to respond and kept in contact with me every step of the way. This definitely helped ease my nerves on wedding day. They were extraordinary and I couldn't have chosen anyone better!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Kayla J

Great photographer! Takes very detailed photos and makes you very comfortable and encourages you to have fun and act yourself! I would highly recommend. Pictures are also great quality and very affordable. A+++

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Janae A

I'm not sure how I could ever thank you enough, my words would never suffice. The video you created was incredibly thoughtful and so beautiful. As I have started scrolling through these pictures, the day starts to come together. I had so many people tell me to try and relax into... Read More each moment but when you're in it, it's a lot easier said than done. The day flew by and before I knew it, it was over. Thank you both for capturing the weekend better than I could have ever imagined. As a bride, you fear that you made mistakes in your planning, maybe forgot the cups, ice and cake knife. Oops, haha. Despite my shortcomings, I definitely picked the most talented, down-to-earth and professional photographers. I am literally in awe when I look at your work and still can't believe it's us in these photos. Not only were you able to capture beauty, but each image has a feeling attached to it. That is such a wonderful gift that you two encompass, the power to evoke feeling through an image. You are both so incredibly talented, artistic and such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for doing what you love and creating images that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Grace F

Where do I even begin to start with these amazing people?! My husband and I got married in May and our photographers were the first thing we picked, a year and a half prior. We knew right away when we saw John and Audrey's work, they had to be there for our journey! Through... Read More that year and a half John and Audrey not only become our photographers for engagement, boudoir, and wedding pictures but also friends! They are most creative artists and had great ideas and suggestions for us along the way. They are this amazing super team of two different styles that end up producing the most perfect photos. They truly love what they do and it shows. We just received our wedding photos and we were both in shock at how gorgeous they turned out (maybe I cried a little)! I can confidently say that John and Audrey are the best in the business and I'm so happy we chose them. My husband and I look forward to keeping them lifelong photographers (AND FRIENDS) of ours!

Their work is great!

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Brandee G

We had Audrey and John take both our engagement photos and our wedding. They were absolutely amazing and super creative! During the engagement photos, it started to rain and they pulled out clear umbrellas and turned the bad weather into a super cute photo shoot. We have gotten... Read More so many compliments from friends and family on how great our pictures look. They are so wonderful to work with and made everything more fun! Having them as the photographers is the best investment we could have made.

Best Wedding Investment

Reviewed on 4/06/2015 Sarah K

We used In Your Eyes for our Engagements, Wedding, and my Boudoir photography and our biggest take-away from going through the entire wedding planning process and experience is that it was hands-down the very best investment we made with our wedding budget. We valued Audrey and... Read More John's candid photography style and truly appreciate the emotion (Happy tears! Lots of laughter! Love everywhere!) they were able to capture from our wedding day. Also, they could not be any more sweet, down to earth, and professional if they tried. I think we love them just as much as our beautiful photos. They completely put us at ease during each session we had (something I especially appreciated during my boudoir session) which made our pictures super genuine and unforced. We are still trying to figure out how they got such fabulous shots without us noticing their every move. Amazing. Hope to see you at our next life event :) Thank you Audrey & John!

Fun, creative and a great value!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Andrea G

John and Audrey with IYEP did a fantastic job with our wedding photographs. So many of our friends and family have commented on how special the photographs are and how wonderfully the emotions of the celebration were captured. The photo packages are a great value in the wedding... Read More photography world. John and Audrey are extremely professional, yet easy going and comfortable to be around. They listened to our ideas and the type of experience we wanted to create for the wedding and they made it happen with their own creative touches. I would highly recommend IYEP to anyone looking to capture a special moment in life

You will not be dissapointed

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Elizabeth R

We used In Your Eyes Photography for both our Engagement Photos and our Wedding Photos. You will not be disappointed if you choose them. I cannot say enough good things about both John and Audrey! They are so easy to get along with. They are professional, and really good at... Read More what they do. John even got my Husband to smile in pictures consistently which is not an easy task. They instantly put at ease and work so hard to capture all the key moments. Everyone in our bridal party and family have given really positive feed back about how great they are to work with. And most importantly our pictures are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I don't think there is a single one I don't like. They are the perfect mix of traditional, candid and some truly beautiful fine art style as well. You truly will not be disappointed if you decide to go with them. We will certainly be using them again if we have any more mile stones that need to be photographed!

Contemporary, affordable photography

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Christyne H

John and Audrey are affordable and do great, current, non-cheesy work. They will not be chintzy about the time spent photographing as well. They seem to be slower in getting back photos than friend's photographers (a month vs. two weeks) but that was not something I cared... Read More about.

John McConnell

Once I first shot with a digital SLR, I was hooked. I knew I had no choice but to shoot as often as possible. I shot my first wedding in 2011, and I loved being able to document so many emotions and beautiful candid moments for my couple. I booked more and more weddings and eventually left my successful legal career to photograph weddings full time. I have never been happier, and am absolutely passionate about creating amazing images for my clients. When I’m not working, I am planning my own wedding with my beautiful fiancée, Lauren, and playing our two adorable furry puppies.