Romantic, Timeless, and Artistic Images.

Best of the Knot 2018! We specialize in exciting, soulful and candid images that capture genuine emotion. Ranked in the Top 25 Wedding Photographers in Austin. Our clients are creatives, artists, photographers, and anyone who values interesting, artistic photography that is beyond the ordinary. Our In Your Eyes Signature packages start at $4000 for 2 photographers (featuring John McConnell), 7 hours coverage, and digital files. Our IYE Studio packages (featuring our associate photographers Corey and Lahra) start at $2900 for 2 photographers, 7 hours coverage, and digital files. Engagement/bridal options too. Contact us today and we'll schedule a meeting at our Westlake Hills studio conveniently located on Bee Caves Rd.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

3930 Bee Caves Rd., Austin, TX Austin and Beyond (512) 968-5937

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Leah S

Lauren and John captured our day beautifully. They caught every important moment without a laundry list of shots from us (what bride has time for that?). The guests loved them and their humor. They easily moved through the venue without being at all invasive. The quality of... Read More the pictures and album was superb. Every time we emailed or called them, we were answered immediately. Most of all, they truly seem to love what they do.

2017-10-23T13:37:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Leah! We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and Conner and documenting your wedding. We do absolutely love what we do, and we're glad it shows! :) Enjoy the album!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kristen

John and his team were AMAZING for our wedding this past February. He met us on several occasions before the big day, including a scout of our venue and surrounding areas to capture the best shots possible. I'm a photographer myself and was highly impressed with IYE's finished... Read More product. My husband Mark and I have memories to cherish for years to come through our wedding photos so we are forever grateful. Thanks so much John!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Mike V

We are so happy we picked In Your Eyes for our wedding! Not only are John, Lauren, Corey, and Lahra fun and easy to work with, they truly captured the feeling of our wedding day. They blended in well with the crowd yet always seemed to be at the right spot at the right time. We... Read More also did our bridal and engagement shoot with In Your Eyes and they made it a lot of fun and we loved the results. The whole team truly has an eye for what will make a unique shot and we’d highly recommend them to anyone looking for creative and candid photos that truly reflect the couple.

2017-11-15T11:16:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review, Mike! We try to be as stealthy as ninjas but still get those unique, candid, and artistic moments. Your wedding was so unique and well-matched to your personalities. It was great working with y'all, and congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ashley C

A huge thank you to John and Lauren for our beautiful wedding and engagement photos. My husband and I are a little on the camera shy end. John and Lauren did a great job with getting us out of our shells. They also put up with our very large family and the need to make sure... Read More everyone was included on the family photos. We would definitely work with them again. Thank yoh again for the beautiful pictures.

2017-11-15T11:18:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Ashley. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Tim! Your wedding was such a joyful celebration and you are obviously blessed with wonderful family and friends. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Anna D

John and Audrey were both amazing to work with. John captured exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day and more! He was so kind, and energetic to work with. In Your Eyes was very professional, genuinely caring, and perfect. Thank you for helping me capture memories... Read More and special moments that will last a lifetime. The pictures are amazingly gorgeous!

2017-11-15T11:21:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Anna! It was wonderful working with you and Mugabe. Those sunset photos are some of my all time favorites, and knowing that they were so meaningful to you reminds me why I chose this career. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Mary Ann P

In Your Eyes Photography did the most wonderful job of capturing candid moments on our wedding day. Our wedding party raved about how awesome Lauren and John were and the pictures were stunning. The planned timeline for the wedding day and photos got totally rearranged the... Read More day of, and Lauren and John were flexible , easy going an still managed to capture all of the amazing moments. We are so happy we went with IYE Photography for our big day!

2017-11-15T11:24:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Mary Ann! It was wonderful working with you and Grant! Those photos in the grotto were so special, and getting our feet wet in the creek felt so great after the hot day. Congratulations again and best of luck wherever... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Leslie G

One of our top priorities for our wedding was to have a great photography and in your eyes delivered! We were planning our wedding remotely and John was so easy to work with remotely. He responded quickly to our emails and listened to what we wanted and so easy to talk/work... Read More with. He was also very flexible with any last minute changes we had. We had a summer wedding so on the day of, he worked hard in the hot weather, always had a happy attitude. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, his team helped and wrangled people for photos. The team had awesome suggestions and made sure we got what we wanted even though we were limited on time. We got very beautiful wedding photos (day and night photos) to remember forever. Definitely would recommend to book for other people and especially for the people are planning remotely.

2017-11-15T11:27:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Leslie! I knew from our Skype session that you and Kenneth were our type of clients, that you valued great photography but also wanted the wedding to be about you two, real moments, and savoring the day above all else.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie M

I was so blown away by In Your Eyes’ booth at a bridal fair. There were booths for dozens of photographers, but only IYE made me stop and just stare at their photos. They were all I could think of for the rest of the night, and I requested a quote from John. By the next day, I... Read More talked to him on the phone and instantly put down a deposit. IYE are some of the kindest, most professional photographers you could work with - and they are TALENTED! Throughout the wedding planning process, we received handwritten notes and check-ins from John, and he helped us plan our timeline and family photos. His expertise was an AMAZING help. On the wedding day, they were friendly and fun and honestly, we didn’t even notice them most of the night- they are ninjas with grabbing candid shots! Posing for photos has never been my strong suit, so their candid style really captured the day’s emotion and turned it into art we will cherish for the rest of our lives. They helped us laugh and feel comfortable when we did our portrait shots. John even took off his shoes and waded into an infinity pool to capture our reflection and the sunset in the water perfectly. It’s hard to find that kind of dedication, and it’s so nice to see John’s obvious passion for wedding photography. When we received a sneak peek slideshow, we were both in tears at how wonderfully they captured our relationship and how gorgeous every single picture was. Our engagement photos and wedding pictures were sent to us in a beautiful USB drive and keepsake box, which we will cherish. I never thought I’d find the presentation of a USB drive beautiful! The part we liked least about working with IYE was the sheer number of breathtaking pictures they took- we’re having so much trouble choosing just a few favorites to frame! ;) You’ll second guess a lot of decisions throughout the wedding planning process and wonder if you made the right choice- that is, all decisions except for hiring IYE to be your photographers.

2017-11-15T11:32:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review, Katie! It was so great working with you and capturing your picturesque, personalized, and fun wedding. I tell everyone the story about me getting in that pool for the sunset shots -- and how it was much... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Josh S

Neither my now-wife or I are good at posing for pictures. We’re pretty awkward people. When we saw John’s booth at a bridal fair, we were really blown away by the amazing candid shots, and that the posed pictures were really unique. We took engagement photos with John, which... Read More ended up being rescheduled twice due to the threat of rain. He was incredibly flexible and understanding. When we finally figured out a good day, we asked for input on locations and outfits (Lauren very kindly looked over what we were planning to wear and gave advice!) After shooting for about half an hour, we got caught in a sudden rainstorm. John ran with it and made some incredible photos, despite getting soaked! He even lent us photography equipment to use as a pseudo umbrella to make some incredibly beautiful pictures that are now hanging over our bed in canvas. I can’t imagine having such an incredible experience and amazing end results with anyone else!

2017-11-15T11:34:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Josh! That storm came out of nowhere, but we always roll with the punches and try to turn the unexpected into a blessing. Those romantic photos of y'all in the rain with the umbrella are some of my favorite engagement... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Megan H

Our photos turned our incredible and John and Lauren were an absolute pleasure to work with!

2017-10-23T16:10:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Megan! It was great working with you and documenting your celebration!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Mallory G

I could not have asked for a better experience with John and Audrey! They were very easy to communicate with up until the big day, showed up early to the church, and made my wedding day absolutely flawless. We had a Catholic wedding, and John and Audrey were both so very... Read More respectful of the space and the Mass. These photographers have an eye for beauty that is totally unmatched, and this was revealed through the quality of my wedding photos. They even went out of their way to give us a few day-after teaser photos. Hands down, John and Audrey are the best Austin photographers you will ever work with!

2017-10-23T13:48:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Jacob and documenting your glorious day! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Christi P

In Your Eyes Photography is absolutely incredible. At the top of my wedding importance list was pictures. I wanted perfect pictures and IYE’s fulfilled this wish. I’m so thankful my coworker recommended them, because all I was finding in my search for a photographer were... Read More portfolios of the same posed pictures over and over. I wanted candid, real life pictures and that’s what IYE’s gave us. The pictures are absolutely perfect and timeless. John, Audrey, and the team are super fun and easy to work with. We plan to use them again for all of our future life celebrations!

2017-10-23T13:51:01 Response from the vendor

Christi, thank you so much for your kind words! We are definitely inspired by candid and real images, and try to avoid the overly posed and lifeless images that we see all the time. It was wonderful working with y'all and please let us know... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Danielle G

Hiring John was one of the easiest decisions I made during my wedding planning process. When we first spoke I was just starting to browse for photographers, but our conversation was so great I cancelled all my other calls for the week and booked him the next day. John and Audrey... Read More were great to work with and the candid style of their photographs were exactly what we wanted. I couldn't have asked for better pictures and my friends can't stop tearing up when they look st them.

2017-10-23T13:54:06 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and documenting such a gorgeous ceremony and celebration. There was so much love in the air and tears of joy! Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, and please let us know if you need any... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gabrielle A

There’s something special about wedding photography. All it takes is one photograph—one image of a bride with her groom on their wedding day—to create a lifetime of memories. Memories for the bride and groom (of course), but also memories for their kin. Memories for their... Read More children as they look through albums over a family meal. Memories for a grandchild who sneaks into her grandmother’s bedroom with the sole purpose of staring at THAT wedding photo—the one where her well-dressed grandmother and grandfather are so young, so happy, and so in love. Wedding photography is special because it encapsulates everything we dream to be true about true love. It captures a moment so full of love it saturates the image, seeping through the page or screen right into our hearts. Audrey and John, you are these record makers. You are the ones seeing, shooting, and editing hundreds of images for couples that will last a lifetime, and I would trust no one else with this incredible responsibility. I first met John at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza. I was drawn to his booth by the candid photography displayed. When I got home, I researched In Your Eyes Photography online and found an article that Audrey wrote suggesting a list of questions that every couple should ask their potential wedding photographers. After completing my research, I reached out to John. He quickly responded, setting up a dinner meeting so that my fiancé and I could get to know him and Audrey better. By the end of the dinner, Audrey and John felt like old friends, and we had no doubts in our minds that they were the team we wanted. Flash-forward a month, and we were taking our engagement photographs with Audrey on South Congress Avenue. We were a bit nervous about it, but she eased us into it. She was so creative, fun, and playful that we had an absolute blast. We even used one of our engagement photos on the invitation to our wedding! And then, it was our wedding day. Audrey and John were amazing. They captured the most intimate and timeless moments of our wedding. We had bridal party portraits, family portraits, and a multitude of candid moments from our ceremony and reception. In addition, John and Audrey captured a long exposure sparkler photograph for us and another one featuring twinkle lights. Everything felt so magical and easy. We didn’t worry about anything. We knew that Audrey and John were capturing every important moment. Waiting for our edited photographs was the hardest part. When they were finally ready, we were invited to the In Your Eyes studio for our an unveiling. Audrey and John had setup mimosas, cheese, crackers and a ten-minute slideshow of our photographs. As the slideshow played, I cried. It was so beautiful and well produced. The photographs were well edited, and I could barely believe that those images were really ours. Looking at my photographs now—ten weeks after our wedding—I’m still tearing up. Each one holds such power. Transporting me back to that day—that moment—when my husband and I experienced Heaven on Earth. Wanting and needing for nothing. Surrounded by our closest family and friends. Everyone was happy. Everything was peaceful. Everything was perfect. Audrey and John captured photographs of my Heaven on Earth. It is with great gratitude, assurance, and respect that I recommend them to any couple who desires breathtakingly beautiful, timeless, and romantic wedding images. Thank you, Audrey and John, for everything.

2017-11-15T11:37:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Gabrielle, for your thorough and heartfelt review! It was so wonderful working with you and Jon. I love how you describe your Heaven on Earth, really resonates with me. That is exactly what a wedding should feel like, wanting for nothing, surrounded by... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob H

Audrey and John were a pleasure to work with. Libby and I decided on a package that included a bridal session, and 8 hours of coverage on our wedding day. We just picked up our photo book this week, and are thrilled with the finished product. Leading up to the wedding, Audrey... Read More and John were available for multiple consultations and had great feedback that helped us finalize our timeline. John was flexible when Libby rescheduled her bridal session, and met her out in Driftwood without hesitation. The day of the wedding, they did a great job of being assertive when they needed to be, and the rest of the time they were flies on the wall. We are amazed at the number of genuine moments that they captured throughout the day. It was really difficult to decide which shots to use in albums for our parents because we had over 600 quality, edited photos from the wedding day alone. When we were considering vendors, we definitely felt some sticker shock while comparing In Your Eyes to other options in Austin. Ultimately we realized that once the day was over, that our vows and the pictures would be the only things that would stay with us for a lifetime. With that in mind, we prioritized our photographer at the top of our budget. Needless to say, we have no regrets with our decision. If you decide to book Audrey and John, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.

2017-11-15T11:46:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Rob, for your thoughtful review! It's so true that only the vows and the photographs stay with you for a lifetime, and that's something we think about on the way to every wedding we shoot. We always think about how our clients will... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rob H

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meridith R

Audrey and John are great! They were great partners to my husband and I as we moved through the planning process, they were excellent on our wedding day despite a torrential downpour that changed our plans at the last moment. They rolled with the punches and stayed positive in... Read More the face of changing timelines and a very stressed out wedding party. We are very grateful they were on our side for the wedding and cherish the memories they captured! If I had to do it all over again, I'd pick In Your Eyes in a heartbeat.

2017-11-15T11:50:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Meridith! It was a pleasure working with you and Clayton, despite the torrential downpour! Your wedding was still so beautiful and I love the portraits we did when the rain stopped with your reflections in the puddles and the brilliant sunset behind! Oh,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rachel L

Audrey and John are fantastic! As a graphic designer I know good photography, so I had pretty high standards when I set out to pick our photographer. Audrey and John's artistically candid style instantly caught my eye. I could not be happier that I chose them to capture our... Read More special day. They are extremely professional and just generally fun to be around. They're the best at what they do and I would highly recommend them to any bride.

2017-11-15T11:55:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Rachel! You and Eric were so relaxed on the big day and we could tell you really valued savoring every moment and having a genuine experience. That made it easy for us to capture wonderful candid moments. I also love those beautiful portraits... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Robin W

I had the pleasure of working with In Your Eyes for my wedding day. My husband and I are not the most graceful people and they were able to provide guidance and tips to get the best shots! We love and deeply cherish all the photos they took. Since the beginning of our... Read More correspondence, they were quick to respond and kept in contact with me every step of the way. This definitely helped ease my nerves on wedding day. They were extraordinary and I couldn't have chosen anyone better!

2017-11-15T12:02:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Robin! It was wonderful working with you and Jake. My favorite part of your wedding was when your family sang to you during the reception. It was so touching. There wasn't a dry eye in Camp Lucy after that! Please let us know... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Kayla J

Great photographer! Takes very detailed photos and makes you very comfortable and encourages you to have fun and act yourself! I would highly recommend. Pictures are also great quality and very affordable. A+++

2017-11-15T12:14:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kayla! It was great working with you!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Janae A

I'm not sure how I could ever thank you enough, my words would never suffice. The video you created was incredibly thoughtful and so beautiful. As I have started scrolling through these pictures, the day starts to come together. I had so many people tell me to try and relax into... Read More each moment but when you're in it, it's a lot easier said than done. The day flew by and before I knew it, it was over. Thank you both for capturing the weekend better than I could have ever imagined. As a bride, you fear that you made mistakes in your planning, maybe forgot the cups, ice and cake knife. Oops, haha. Despite my shortcomings, I definitely picked the most talented, down-to-earth and professional photographers. I am literally in awe when I look at your work and still can't believe it's us in these photos. Not only were you able to capture beauty, but each image has a feeling attached to it. That is such a wonderful gift that you two encompass, the power to evoke feeling through an image. You are both so incredibly talented, artistic and such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for doing what you love and creating images that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Grace F

Where do I even begin to start with these amazing people?! My husband and I got married in May and our photographers were the first thing we picked, a year and a half prior. We knew right away when we saw John and Audrey's work, they had to be there for our journey! Through... Read More that year and a half John and Audrey not only become our photographers for engagement, boudoir, and wedding pictures but also friends! They are most creative artists and had great ideas and suggestions for us along the way. They are this amazing super team of two different styles that end up producing the most perfect photos. They truly love what they do and it shows. We just received our wedding photos and we were both in shock at how gorgeous they turned out (maybe I cried a little)! I can confidently say that John and Audrey are the best in the business and I'm so happy we chose them. My husband and I look forward to keeping them lifelong photographers (AND FRIENDS) of ours!

Their work is great!

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Brandee G

We had Audrey and John take both our engagement photos and our wedding. They were absolutely amazing and super creative! During the engagement photos, it started to rain and they pulled out clear umbrellas and turned the bad weather into a super cute photo shoot. We have gotten... Read More so many compliments from friends and family on how great our pictures look. They are so wonderful to work with and made everything more fun! Having them as the photographers is the best investment we could have made.

Best Wedding Investment

Reviewed on 4/06/2015 Sarah K

We used In Your Eyes for our Engagements, Wedding, and my Boudoir photography and our biggest take-away from going through the entire wedding planning process and experience is that it was hands-down the very best investment we made with our wedding budget. We valued Audrey and... Read More John's candid photography style and truly appreciate the emotion (Happy tears! Lots of laughter! Love everywhere!) they were able to capture from our wedding day. Also, they could not be any more sweet, down to earth, and professional if they tried. I think we love them just as much as our beautiful photos. They completely put us at ease during each session we had (something I especially appreciated during my boudoir session) which made our pictures super genuine and unforced. We are still trying to figure out how they got such fabulous shots without us noticing their every move. Amazing. Hope to see you at our next life event :) Thank you Audrey & John!

Fun, creative and a great value!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Andrea G

John and Audrey with IYEP did a fantastic job with our wedding photographs. So many of our friends and family have commented on how special the photographs are and how wonderfully the emotions of the celebration were captured. The photo packages are a great value in the wedding... Read More photography world. John and Audrey are extremely professional, yet easy going and comfortable to be around. They listened to our ideas and the type of experience we wanted to create for the wedding and they made it happen with their own creative touches. I would highly recommend IYEP to anyone looking to capture a special moment in life

John McConnell

Photography changed my life. Shooting professionally since 2010, I booked more and more weddings and eventually left my successful legal career to photograph weddings full time. I have never been happier, and am absolutely passionate about creating amazing images for my clients. I am the exclusive primary photographer for our "Signature" wedding packages. When I’m not working, I am planning my own wedding with my beautiful fiancée, Lauren, and playing with our two adorable furry puppies. I believe in love, art, and the power of images to change lives.