Independence Harbor, Inc.

Assonet, MA

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Independence Harbor, Inc.

A 20 acre Private Estate, unequaled in beauty reserved exclusively for your wedding. "One of Southern New England's most sought after destinations for Private Wedding Receptions and Garden Wedding Ceremonies." Acclaimed cuisine, celebrated service, renowned wedding planning... affordable elegance.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Bow2007

10 Narrows Rd, Assonet, MA

groom

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 jon l

Independence Harbor was AMAZING!!!! The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. They walk you through everything and are very willing to answer any questions you may have. The venue itself is beautiful. I can't tell you how many compliments we got on how beautiful inside and outside was (and our wedding was in JANUARY!) Everything is kept very clean inside and out all throughout the year. The food is also equally amazing! We chose the buffet selection number 1 and had plenty to choose from. We indulged and tried everything offered! It was simply delicious! We got out dream wedding for a fraction of the cost. IH is very affordable and works with almost every budget! This venue is definitely worth taking a look at! Anne, Connie, Matt and Martha are 4 of the best people in the wedding business! They know their stuff for sure! My husband and I were ALREADY talking about having a vow renewal ceremony there every 5 years! Everyone just had such a blast including my husband and I. It truly is an awesome establishment! They know how special this day is for you and will do anything to make sure everything goes as planned! Thank you so much Independence Harbor for making our day perfect !

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Casey J

Everything was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very attentive and the grounds were breathtaking. The food was perfect and very generous portion sizes. Definitely get your monies worth and then some!

Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Karen A

We just had our wedding here on 10/17/14 and it was amazing! The grounds are beautiful and their entire team is extremely helpful and kind. I highly recommend this venue to anyone. All of our family and friends were in awe of how beautiful and picturesque the ground are. We even encountered 2 deer in the background during our rehearsal. It's a must see!

March Wedding at Independence Harbor

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

From the first emails through our wedding Anne and Connie were very helpful and honest with advice and suggestions. The collaboration of their experience/ideas and our desire to have a traditional low stress wedding worked perfectly. Our whole evening was great and we have not heard a single complaint or problem from any of our guests. We can not say enough good things about our experience.

Amazing IH Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

I was extremely pleased with Independence Harbor. The staff was amazing - very professional and detail oriented, particularly with respect to service. I even received thank you notes from guests who noticed attention to service details! They answered all my questions and were kind, friendly and assuring. They know their business. I went with their suggestions and was pleased with how smoothly the night progressed. Their winter wedding package is reasonable. The food is excellent. I had the mac & cheese bar and ice cream sundae bar. My guests loved them and again, called to comment on them. They offer Sunday brunch to try their food. The setting is beautiful in all seasons. I loved my IH wedding.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kerri M

My husband and I were married at Independence Harbor this past September. The grounds at this venue are stunning! The staff was very professional and easy to contact and follow through. The food was very good and the portions were perfect. The only problem we had was with available time slots for a rehearsal. They only could do our rehearsal on a Wednesday night at either 5pm or 8pm. We live near Providence (most of the wedding party as well), most of our family and friends had to work and 5pm on a weekday is HEAVY traffic, so time was tight! The option of 8pm was to late. Also our ceremony time was at 6:30pm and neither myself, the wedding party or any guests were allowed on the property until 6pm, which made things stressful and left me as the bride, very anxious! Overall the day was perfect, just wish they had more flexibility.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kayla C

I knew from the moment I saw Independence Harbor that i wanted my wedding there. The staff there have been there for years and know everything there is to know about planning a wedding. They are very organized and make sure everything runs smoothly. My wedding went off without a hitch (not that anyone saw because they quickly fixed little glitches) and the food and service is excellent. Everyone has been raving about ur wedding and i couldn't be happier!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Helen M

Independence Harbor is an absolutely stunning venue!! The entire property is pristine and well kept, and every time I drove onto the property I was amazed at how beautiful it was. I could not have found a better venue for our wedding for a similar price anywhere! Seriously, this place is GORGEOUS! My husband and I planned our wedding from across the country, and Independence Harbor was great to work with. They are extremely organized and know exactly what they are doing, and are extremely responsive to questions whether they be by phone or email. Whenever we were in the area, they were happy to have us so we could ask more questions, see it one more time, etc. They understood how difficult it can be planning a wedding from so far away, and really tried to make things as easy as possible for me. Though they are very strict with things like timelines, they allowed me to be flexible where possible. Their experience with weddings shows in everything they do! Don’t be scared if you go to a food tasting and are not impressed. Because they do their tastings in a Sunday brunch once a month, you do not get to try your exact meal choice for the wedding (though they are willing to work with specific requests if possible!). I went to the tasting with my soon-to-be in laws only, as my husband couldn’t make the trip, and all three of us were very underwhelmed by the food. I was very worried! However, the food on the wedding day was absolutely delicious! We served the Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin and the Chicken Forrestiere, and got rave comments from our guests. I’ve never seen so many completely clean plates at a wedding! Everything tasted fabulous and was well presented. We were very impressed! Additionally, they abided by my request to not have green beans anywhere on any plates, as my husband despises green beans. Being an inexpensive (and seasonal for our wedding) vegetable, I was surprised at how easily they said “no problem!” and we didn’t see a single green bean the entire day! The day-of attendants and staff were all excellent. They did their jobs, were there when you wanted and needed them, stayed out of the way when necessary, and I can honestly say that I loved working with them. So on top of everything, so attentive. They were perfect! Overall, I would absolutely 100% recommend Independence Harbor to people. If you are one of those brides where you must control or have your hand in everything, this may not be the place for you as they have a set timeline and plan for how to do things, but if you are like me and willing to accept their help and experience, you will LOVE this place. It honestly was one of the most gorgeous venues I’ve ever seen, and they did a fabulous job with our wedding. All of our guests loved it, whether they were admiring the beauty from inside, exploring the grounds at their own pace, or relaxing on the huge porch. Huge thanks to IH for making our wedding such a huge success!!!

A Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Hannah L

We chose the Sunday brunch package at Independence Harbor and couldn't be happier! The weather was perfect and the grounds were amazing! The food was also something we were looking forward to after tasting it. The rules are a little strict and you definitely have to follow them but if you can put up with that everything flows smoothly and there really isn't much to worry about!

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Caylee W

We are very happy with our choice to have our wedding at IH! Everyone at IH was so helpful and organized. They set up everything perfectly, including a candy buffet. The food was delicious; we went with the buffet #3 and everything was great. Matt was extremely helpful the day of our wedding. One of our vendors got into a car accident on the way to our wedding, and Matt handled the situation and kept me calm. He began making calls to get a replacement right away. IH truly does an amazing job with weddings and I would recommend them to anyone looking to have a wedding.

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

From start to finish, our reception was just what we had dreamed it would be. Connie was a pleasure to work with, and was always willing to offer suggestions and helpful tips. On our wedding date, Matt was "The Man". Anything I asked of him he got it done, and in a timely and professional manner. Independence Harbor is not only visually stunning, but also an easy vendor to work with. Thank you again to Connie, Anne, Matt and all of the staff that worked so hard to make our special day amazing! Anthony & Shannon

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Jill L

I can not say enough how great the staff was on our wedding day. They were so helpful and nice. Our wedding was held on site and performed by my brother (one day license), Matt our day of coordinator was so helpful and making sure that everything went smooth. I had no worries about the day of ceremony knowing that he had our backs. We have had so many compliments on our wedding about Independence Harbor and how beautiful the grounds are and also about how great the food was. Our wedding day was so relaxed and easy going (my bridesmaids even commented that I was too calm), but with the amazing staff members at Independence Harbor taking care of all my needs it was easy to to just sit back and enjoy every minute of our wedding.

Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Jenni R

I can't say enough good things about Independence Harbor. The venue is beautiful; from the gorgeous gardens to the nicely appointed reception area. It is clean, up-to-date, and neutral enough that you can add your own touch with any color scheme you desire. Connie and Anne were great in the original planning. Matt and Dee were AMAZING as our day-of wedding coordinators. Just... wow! We had a little problem (every wedding will!) I didn't order enough boutonnieres. Matt just whipped up another one from the garden and PRESTO! we were set. The wedding coordinators did a nice job of keeping us on track with the timeline. You will be amazed at how the time gets away from you. Everybody says that but it is SO TRUE! We were politely and gently prompted to move on to the next stage when it was time. Also, Dee served us (the bride and groom) our food and it was great because I actually ate a little bit. They also are sure to bring you the cocktails and appetizers your ordered for your cocktail hour, out to you while you're having your photos done. I highly recommend having the ceremony and reception at Independence Harbor. I have been to other weddings where the transition from ceremony site to the reception is very disjointed and the guests are just waiting forever. If you have your heart set on your church, of course, do it! But you can absolutely have a meaningful (and as spiritual as you prefer) ceremony. You rent the gorgeous garden and then personalize the whole ceremony to your own tastes. Speaking of taste - all of our guests remarked on the great buffet. I had many people tell me that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Go for the Sunday brunch to sample the menu. There are plated options as well, but the buffet was more economical for us, and it also sped up the process. When it was time to go, everything was boxed up and ready to take with us. We were exhausted from the full day and just ready to go to bed. There was nothing undone or not thought of in advance. IH is an exceptional venue run by professionals. We kept everything very simple in order to cut our costs. So my $9,000 is on the lower end and for 100 guests. There are ways to do it on a budget - and there are ways to take it to a very grand scale. Just talk with the Independence Harbor staff up front, be realistic with your budget and let them do the work for you. Bottom line; I couldn't be happier with the result. Independence Harbor was an excellent venue.

Great Place

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Andrew W

Independence Harbor is great. Attractive landscape, great service and management of your reception.

Independence Harbor

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Jackie A

I was married at Independence Harbor in early April. The venue is extremely strict in regards to what can and cannot be done so it's a bit frustrating to deal with as they offer no flexibility whatsoever. All of our guests raved about the quality of the passed appetizers as well as their entree's (we did seated). Our day-of wedding coordinator was Matt and he was absolutely amazing, he made sure everything was executed as we wanted and was the most flexible staff member we had dealt with. They make you pay for the cocktail hour upfront, which doesn't make sense since you have no idea how much it will end up costing at the end of the night. At the end of the day it is an ABSOLUTELY beautiful venue and I would highly recommend it to an organized bride who is flexible and doesn't get stressed out easily! Our guest count was around 185 and the venue cost was $12,500 which nets out at $70 per plate which truthfully isn't bad in comparison to a lot of the other venues we checked out.

Beautiful romance evening

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Christina R

My wedding night was beautiful. I had a lovely evening wedding outside in the gardens. The grounds are gorgeous! The staff and management were great! I received so many compliments on the venue selection from my guests. The food and service is amazing! I highly recommend this venue!

Couldn't have made a better choice!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Nicole S

We were married on October 18, 2013. We chose this time of year because the trees and flowers are so colorful. We decided to let nature speak for itself. Independence Harbor is beautiful and the grounds are immaculate which is great for pictures. They also offer a fireside ceremony option which is perfect for a fall evening wedding. While it is a bit daunting when figuring out the budget, Independence Harbor is worth the money. They are thorough with the details and they tell you exactly what is and isnt included. They also run off season deals which is well worth taking advantage of. All the staff Anne, Connie, Brian and Martha are all easygoing and are there to help you every step of the way. Martha and Brian handle the rehearsal and cater to your every need at the wedding. It was wonderful to have a spare hand at every moment. It couldnt have been any easier or any nicer.

Easy Peasy

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Lauren T

I was married at Independence Harbor on October 10, 2013. The entire process from start to finish was perfect. Any time I had a question, Connie or Anne would reply to my email within a matter of hours. They are very organized, which I appreciate. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We got married on a Thursday so there was no rental fee, and the prices for the meals were the lowest I had seen anywhere. The food is fantastic. Everyone raved about it. The day-of coordinators, Matt and Martha, were both very helpful and kept things moving so I didn't have to worry about a thing. The one negative I have is that we could only get there a half hour before the wedding, so no pics beforehand. But it ended up being fine because we got some great pics at my sister's house. I would definitely recommend this place. They are true professionals.

wedding Oct 12.2013

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Renae M

Everything was perfect. Couldn't have asked for better service..everyone was awesome to all of us. Martha serviced me every step of the way with a smile very polite attentive. I was very pleased with our wedding at independence harbor. Thank you all. Sincerely Mrs. Renae Desrosiers

They have it all!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Melanie S

Our wedding was on a Saturday night in August. The ceremony was perfect and the grounds were beautiful. The staff was extremely attentive, professional and courteous. Our guests raved about their meals, especially the clam chowder, and I.H. was very accomodating for our vegetarian and gluten free guests. We have since heard from many of our guests that it was the best wedding to which they had ever been. It sounds too good to be true, but it is not. We will remember that perfect day for the rest of our lives. - Melanie & Sean 8-10-13

Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Sue M

Not a single detail was missed! This place promises everything they advertise and more. The venue itself is pristine. Extremely professional, they know their business in and out to help provide a flawless day. The owner himself worked with us also, can't ask for a more personal touch!

Awful Experience

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Bethany G

I chose IH because the grounds were absolutely beautiful, it's a private setting, and because my parents had their reception there as well. Every little request that I had, which was small and simple, were denied and came along with a rude response. Anne had the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. She caused me so much unneeded stress, anxiety, and brought me to tears on several occasions. This place is so demanding and unreasonable. I asked to have hashbrown potatoes instead of mashed (which were part of their menu) and after waiting 3 days for a response I was told no, it wasn't appropriate. How can they tell the bride what's appropriate for my own wedding?? When I asked to speak with the manager, I was told no, that she is paid to deal with brides herself. The only light at the end of the tunnel was one of the managers, Matt, who worked the night of the wedding. He was very friendly and was a pleasure to deal with. Overall, if I could do things over, I would NEVER have chosen IH for my wedding reception. If you go there....do yourself a favor and ask for Matt.

4/19/2014 Response from Andrew, the member

I had this same exact experience. Matt and the servers are the only personable people in that building. Matt is legit.

Hidden Gem!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Sarah S

Independence Harbor is truly amazing. When we found it, we knew instantly that we had to have our wedding there - this was the best decision we could have made! Everyone there is so kind and so supportive. They made the whole process so easy for us. Even on the day-of, they walked us through everything! Delicious food, wonderful people, beautiful venue (inside and out!)... how can you go wrong? It's the perfect place and we wouldn't have changed a thing about our day!

Daughter's Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 dawna s

I just wanted to take a minute and let you know how happy my husband and I were with everything at Jessica and Matt's wedding on Saturday. It started several months ago working with Connie and Anne. They were always available and answered all our questions quickly. I trusted their input and suggestions which made the decision making easier. The day of the wedding was perfect! First, the waitstaff could not have done a better job. They were attentive and pleasant and went above and beyond to accommodate all our guests. Second, the attendant assigned to the bridal party was tremendous! She did not slack at any time and made sure Jessica and Matt had everything they needed. And third, the food was delicious and everyone had what they wanted including those special requests. I also want to tell you what a fabulous job Matt did in the day of the wedding in keeping things moving and organized. He was tremendous and I completely trusted his expertise. I never once worried about anything. All in all, we could not have asked for a more perfect setting. It was such a memorable day. Thank you all so very much!! Dawna & Jim Proud parents of the Bride :)

Wedding of my dreams

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Kara S

It was so beautiful being outside in June. We had beautiful weather and the person assigned to us for the day made sure everything went smoothly from the ceremony to the reception.

TO Independence Harbor, Inc.