Independence Harbor Wedding and Ceremony Venue

Assonet, MA

Book Your Wedding with Independence Harbor Wedding and Ceremony Venue

A BALLROOM IN ASSONET, MA

Garden Wedding Ceremony. Exchange vows in a perfect white gazebo on manicured lawns between colorful and fragrant flower beds. Up to 250 guests sit on perfectly aligned, white cushioned chairs and enjoy the view and the beautiful ceremony backdrop. A sound system is provided for musical selections.

Fireside Wedding Ceremony and Reception. In colder months, or any time of the year if you prefer, you may have your ceremony performed in front of the gorgeous and romantic stone fireplace in the reception and dining room. The floor plan will be arranged with a center aisle through the tables and theater seating up front for the immediate families. With a few adjustments your event space is ready for cocktails and dinner. The reception and dining room comfortably accommodates 100 to 250 guests.

Independence Harbor Wedding and Ceremony Venue is open year round, and they have special winter rates and other seasonal wedding specials. Packages are all-inclusive and consist of everything you need for your ceremony and event. It is recommended that you reserve your date up to two years in advance. Be aware that certain dates require a minimum number of guest reservations.

You will be assigned a wedding coordinator, a private and complete bar service with professional staff, banquet professionals serving in formal attire during your event, and the fee also includes rehearsal time. All of the linens, place settings, flatware, glassware and serving items are covered with your rental. A dance floor and elevated stage are included if you plan on having musical entertainment.

There are two menus from which to select food choices, and all catering must be done by the staff at Independence Harbor Wedding and Ceremony Venue. Cakes and cupcakes are the exception, but they must be prepared by licensed bakeries. You will be given contact information for preferred bakers if you need help sourcing cake vendors.

Dinners are only served indoors, and you are not allowed to go over your allotted time schedule. It's also not easy to take pictures at the venue before your wedding day, since the venue promises couples exclusive, private use of the facilities and grounds. Your guests may arrive up to one half hour prior to the ceremony, but you will need to coordinate with your photographer and the staff if you wish to have any portraits made outside of your event time.

Weddings at Independence Harbor Wedding and Ceremony Venue include a lot of little extras to make your day complete:

• Private outdoor patio for fresh air and cocktails
  • Bridal suite with amazing views
  • More than 20 napkin color choices
  • Fresh flowers for buffet and restrooms
  • Cold season coat room attendant
  • Fresh hand-carved food art displays

Elegant, Affordable, and Exclusively Yours!

A 20 acre Private Estate, unequaled in beauty reserved exclusively for your wedding. "One of Southern New England's most sought after destinations for Private Wedding Receptions and Garden Wedding Ceremonies." Independence Harbor is designed especially for Private Wedding Receptions and Garden Wedding Ceremonies. You will share this beautiful venue with only your guests! An extraordinary New England garden landscape nestled along the Assonet River at Payne's Cove, and again... reserved just for your wedding.... A wedding photographer's dream wedding site. Independence Harbor offers a variety of Wedding Packages that are designed to accommodate all wedding budgets, wedding styles and wedding tastes. Affordable elegance...unequalled in beauty!

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2007

10 Narrows Rd, Assonet, MA (800) 287-8300
INSTAGRAM

groom

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 jon l

Independence Harbor was AMAZING!!!! The staff is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. They walk you through everything and are very willing to answer any questions you may have. The venue itself is beautiful. I can't tell you how many compliments we got on how beautiful inside and... Read More outside was (and our wedding was in JANUARY!) Everything is kept very clean inside and out all throughout the year. The food is also equally amazing! We chose the buffet selection number 1 and had plenty to choose from. We indulged and tried everything offered! It was simply delicious! We got out dream wedding for a fraction of the cost. IH is very affordable and works with almost every budget! This venue is definitely worth taking a look at! Anne, Connie, Matt and Martha are 4 of the best people in the wedding business! They know their stuff for sure! My husband and I were ALREADY talking about having a vow renewal ceremony there every 5 years! Everyone just had such a blast including my husband and I. It truly is an awesome establishment! They know how special this day is for you and will do anything to make sure everything goes as planned! Thank you so much Independence Harbor for making our day perfect !

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Casey J

Everything was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very attentive and the grounds were breathtaking. The food was perfect and very generous portion sizes. Definitely get your monies worth and then some!

Beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Karen A

We just had our wedding here on 10/17/14 and it was amazing! The grounds are beautiful and their entire team is extremely helpful and kind. I highly recommend this venue to anyone. All of our family and friends were in awe of how beautiful and picturesque the ground are. We even... Read More encountered 2 deer in the background during our rehearsal. It's a must see!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Joanna M

Independence Harbor was absolutely amazing!! Everything was perfect and the grounds were absolutely gorgeous for a fall wedding!! I’m so glad I got married there! ❤️

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Meagan H

My husband and I just got married at Independence Harbor this past October 2017 and it was absolutely more than we could have ever hoped for! The venue is absolutely stunning and very affordable compared to most of the venues in Massachusetts. We paid for the wedding ourselves,... Read More so cost and keeping to our budget were very important to us. They have options for every budget and regardless of your price range, they make it look amazing! A ton of friends and family members have commented on how beautiful the venue was and told us multiple times that it was one of the best weddings they have been to. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the staff was wonderful as well. Anne and Connie were always so quick to respond to my many emails full of questions and the coordinators the day of, Stephanie and Mike, were amazing. Everything ran so smoothly - I could not have asked for a more seamless process! Overall, we had an amazing experience and I would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Deanna R

Having our ceremony and reception at Independence Harbor was a true Fairy Tale and dream come true! We had our wedding in September 2017 -- the garden grounds were so stunning that we didn't even use any ceremony flowers. The staff is so incredibly helpful and wonderful... Read More throughout the entire planning process all the way through the wedding day. I had questions leading up to the big day and Connie set my mind at ease. The food is absolutely delicious -- our macaroni and cheese bar had a longer line than our open bar during cocktail hour! You can tell that putting on weddings and functions is what they do -- there was all the behind the scene work by there staff that made the day so seamless that I didn't have to question anything -- everyone just knew what to do and how to F L O W it all. The inside of the venue is beautiful and already partially decorated, very tastefully. Our decorations blended in and everything flowed together. To top it off, we even had 2 deer at our ceremony! I truly felt like Snow White -- talk about a Fairy Tale come true!! I highly recommend Independence Harbor. As a bride, they made me feel heard and respected, which I found amazing, as some vendors looked at us simply as a check. All those simple touches truly add up, I'm so so happy we used Independence Harbor for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Sandra S

Independence Harbor is so beautiful! All of our guest are still talking about how beautiful the grounds are and so elegant and the best wedding they have ever been too. They made it so easy for us they took care of every detail and were there for us every step of the way! I... Read More recommend Independence Harbor to anyone that is planning there wedding.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 William H

Independence Harbor is awesome. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful, great for pictures. The food is excellent. Our wedding was a great time and had no problems from planning to the big day thanks to the great staff.... highly recommend this... Read More venue!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 K M

The venue itself and ground is gorgeous! The food is great. I had a huge wedding party and felt like they didn't accept us all. As I was sitting in the limo waiting to get married and nervous I might add, I notice the coordinator talking to our limo driver as he shut the door... Read More to the limo and rolled his eyes. I am not sure what this meant, but this is 2017.....you will get all different types of a wedding party. Blame it on Pinterest. I don't find that acceptable even when my bridal party and my mother saw him roll his eyes. I get that i have a huge party, but we are paying you for a reason where we could have took our money else where. Other than that, this venue is great! Just strict.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Brian W

Thank you to everyone at Independence Harbor. Our wedding was everything we had hoped. I was happy to see with the little bit of rain we were getting you handed out umbrellas to the guests. Everyone said the grounds were gorgeous, and complimented the staff. The quality of food... Read More and how fast everything came out was great. Matt and Stephanie were very helpful and professional. Even when we started to run a little behind schedule they were patient and accommodating. We are very happy we chose to have our wedding with you, and we would recommend you to anyone! Thank you again for helping us add all the personalized touches that made the night ours. We will never forget it!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Stacey B

During our year long planning Anne & Connie were an absolute pleasure to work with. They answered all my questions in a timely order and are extremely organized. My husband and I had our reception at Independence Harbor on 4/22/17 and it was perfection. Martha and Matt were... Read More there to make sure everything ran smoothly and were great to work with. Our guests gushed about the food, the portions, how great the service was, and how stunning the room and grounds were. If you're looking for an affordable venue with a staff that knows what they're doing, look no further. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Andrea B

We could not have been happier with our experience at Independence Harbor. Right from the start the wedding coordinators help guide you through all important decisions so that your day runs as smoothly as possible. The grounds are breathtaking - no matter what the season. The... Read More chefs prepared a fantastic brunch buffet and the service in the dining room was outstanding. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had. I would highly recommend Independence Harbor to anyone searching for a wedding venue that has it all, and for a great value.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jennifer A

My overall rating is 4 stars because there is always room for improvement. My husband and I got married at Independence Harbor in June 2016. The venue was gorgeous, weather was perfect & the ceremony was breathtaking! We chose the Baked Stuffed Scrod & Chicken Marsala. The scrod... Read More was perfect, chicken marsala not so much. It didn't look nor taste like a marsala sauce. Questions & planning leading up to my wedding were always with Anne & Connie. Not quite sure of their titles but it seems they are the two in the office behind the scenes. One of the two women could use a slight adjustment in her interpersonal skills. Don't get me wrong, she was not horrible but definitely a bit cold. I'm sure she has seen hundreds of weddings but being in this business I feel like she should act as if every wedding is a first for her. A bride wants to feel like her vendors are just as excited as she is. I didn't come close to feeling this vibe from this particular woman which slightly worried me throughout the planning process. On a positive note, Matt is the gentleman we had for a coordinator the day of our wedding. He was amazing! I cannot put into words how wonderful he is at what he does. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Everything ran smoothly & efficiently. He has such a great personality & made sure the day was all about my husband and me. Some of my guests have commented on how great he was! Matt's assistant was also wonderful & by my side ready to assist me with anything. I believe her name was Stephanie but I'm not certain. Overall the actual day was an amazing experience. I honestly would not change a thing. There will always be a hiccup but nothing that I would go back and change if I could. Good luck & happy planning!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Elizabete R

We cannot say enough about this absolutely amazing wedding venue. All details were woven so intricately into my ceremony & reception. Extremely attentive and I didn't worry about one thing on my wedding day! I highly recommend

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Our experience with Independence Harbor was fantastic. From day one of planning, to the hands-on staff present on the day of our wedding (thanks Matt and Katie) - Anne, Connie, and the team ensured we had a flawless wedding day. Those of you worried about not having a "wedding... Read More planner" don't fret, Connie knows answers to situations that hadn't yet crossed my mind, and the team is there to help as much/little as you need. Arts Bakery (down the road) did a fantastic job of our cake and cupcakes, and our guests raved about the mac & cheese martini bar. We highly recommend Independence Harbor to anyone scouting it out for their wedding.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Kelley J

Outstanding service all around! Couldn't be happier with their services.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Overall, the service and food were outstanding! Matt and Kate who were in charge did an amazing job keeping everything in order. We all had an amazing time.

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Nicole N

The venue is absolutely gorgeous and tons of places to take pictures. The staff was amazing and went above and beyond to make our wedding day even more special. The setup was amazing and Martha was in charge of our set up and she even repackaged our items in the original... Read More packaging when taking them down. The chef made "edible arrangements" and added the to the tables and we didn't even ask for it. It really made the sundae bar look even better!! They also include a macaroni and cheese buffet when doing the all inclusive package and our guests are still talking about how great that was!! The pricing is reasonable and they have a great all inclusive deal for weddings that are "off season" (April and November) The staff was very professional and friendly. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Independence Harbor Assonet, MA

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Lindsay W

Independence Harbor in Assonet, MA was fantastic! I held my wedding ceremony and had my reception here. During the year long planning process Anne and Connie where consistently there to answer all of my questions, and I had a lot of them! They were always willing to... Read More accommodate their schedule so that I could meet with them face to face on any given week. Now thats impressive knowing how many clients and how many weddings they have there each week. Upon my wedding day I was of course nervous that everything would be set up the way I had envisioned. But I no need to worry, everything was PERFECT, I had not one complaint. The wedding managers were amazing! They helped us with our rehearsal and then they were there for any little thing we needed on our big day. We had such an amazing time at our wedding and I would not hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! It was wonderful!

Absolutely amazing and beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jackie O

We had our wedding here in September of 2015 and it was perfection. We had our ceremony outside in the gardens. The landscape was beautiful and so quiet and serene. The weather being 68 and partly sunny made it even better. The ceremony time allotted was a half an hour which... Read More was the perfect amount of time for us. We also had our reception here. It is a classic new england style room with plenty of space and gorgeous windows. The attached porch was also perfect for the cocktail hour as well. We chose an open bar for the entire reception and there were all types and brands of alcohol available to guests. Our bar tab at the end of the night was expensive but this is what we had planned for and we wanted all of our guests to have a great time. The food was delicious, from the hors d'oeuvres to the main dish and then dessert. We chose the honey mustard chicken medallions, seafood stuffed mushrooms, mini beef wellington, and mini quiche for the cocktail hour. For the main dishes guests chose from either chicken francais or baked filet of sole. The dinner portions were large with mashed potatoes and veggies. For the dessert buffet we chose the cookie/pastry and coffee table. All of the people working who were assisting us were very friendly and accommodating. We felt extremely comfortable. Overall I would suggest this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful, classic, yet affordable wedding experience. I also would recommend having you wedding during the 11:00-4:30 time slot. This is what we did, and we loved that it was daytime throughout the entire wedding. Thank you Independence Harbor for such a memorable experience!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Shelbi L

Independence Harbor in Assonet, MA is a gorgeous venue...but very difficult to work with. From the very beginning all me and my fiancé heard was what we were NOT allowed to do. After we signed the contract prices went up 5% with no good explanation. We were very disappointed.

March Wedding at Independence Harbor

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

From the first emails through our wedding Anne and Connie were very helpful and honest with advice and suggestions. The collaboration of their experience/ideas and our desire to have a traditional low stress wedding worked perfectly. Our whole evening was great and we have not... Read More heard a single complaint or problem from any of our guests. We can not say enough good things about our experience.

Amazing IH Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

I was extremely pleased with Independence Harbor. The staff was amazing - very professional and detail oriented, particularly with respect to service. I even received thank you notes from guests who noticed attention to service details! They answered all my questions and were... Read More kind, friendly and assuring. They know their business. I went with their suggestions and was pleased with how smoothly the night progressed. Their winter wedding package is reasonable. The food is excellent. I had the mac & cheese bar and ice cream sundae bar. My guests loved them and again, called to comment on them. They offer Sunday brunch to try their food. The setting is beautiful in all seasons. I loved my IH wedding.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kerri M

My husband and I were married at Independence Harbor this past September. The grounds at this venue are stunning! The staff was very professional and easy to contact and follow through. The food was very good and the portions were perfect. The only problem we had was with... Read More available time slots for a rehearsal. They only could do our rehearsal on a Wednesday night at either 5pm or 8pm. We live near Providence (most of the wedding party as well), most of our family and friends had to work and 5pm on a weekday is HEAVY traffic, so time was tight! The option of 8pm was to late. Also our ceremony time was at 6:30pm and neither myself, the wedding party or any guests were allowed on the property until 6pm, which made things stressful and left me as the bride, very anxious! Overall the day was perfect, just wish they had more flexibility.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kayla C

I knew from the moment I saw Independence Harbor that i wanted my wedding there. The staff there have been there for years and know everything there is to know about planning a wedding. They are very organized and make sure everything runs smoothly. My wedding went off without a... Read More hitch (not that anyone saw because they quickly fixed little glitches) and the food and service is excellent. Everyone has been raving about ur wedding and i couldn't be happier!