Independence Seaport Museum

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Ballroom, Museum, Historic Venue

211 S. Columbus Blvd & Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 923-6000

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Erin M

We held both our ceremony and reception on board the USS Olympia, part of the Independence Seaport Museum. The venue was anything but typical and was absolutely perfect. Celebrating on a piece of American history was so special to us. The team was accommodating and helpful to... Read More determine how to adapt a wedding to the spaces available on the ship. We really appreciated that we had access to the entire ship and heard from our guests that they enjoyed self touring the ship and reading about her history.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Stephanie M

We went to view the venue and meet with the coordinator prior to making our decision. My husband and I looked at the venue in August of 2015 after our engagement. We signed a contract with Janelle thrilled with her presentation and commitment to making it the best day of our... Read More lives. Unfortunately Janelle left in July 2016 for a better opportunity, I never met the individual who replaced her as she wasn't available every time I attempted to meet, after I had to reach out late August. Still haven't met or heard from the "Director of Hospitality" If you are going to book at this venue be prepared to take on all of the work and hire all your vendors to fill the venue.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Aja B

I had my ceremony here. Janelle helped from beginning to end queued when it was time for each person to walk and made sure all the decor was in place and set up right.... She was the bomb

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Liz R

The Seaport Museum was perfect, Janelle was an amazing rockstar angel... I can't say enough! We planned to have our ceremony outside but had to move inside due to rain- it was still beautiful! And our guests really enjoyed having cocktail hour among the exhibits, and by then the... Read More rain had cleared enough for people to enjoy the indoors and outdoors. I would hold every event here if I could- between the decks adjoining the ballroom, the great exhibits, Janelle, all the other ISM staff and the location, the Seaport was everything we were looking for and more.

Better than I had hoped

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Janet M

Janelle and the team at Independence Seaport were attentative from the moment we first met to discuss our wedding. As we went through the planning process, they offered some great suggestions to make our wedding and reception even better - And on the day and night of our... Read More wedding, the location delivered in spades! The view of the Bridge during our ceremony was something that most of our Philly based guests and never seen. As the sun set, the option for both indoor and outdoor space was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Sean M

We had our wedding at the ISM in July. Janelle Carter was a big help as our wedding coordinator and the reception itself was absolutely gorgeous!! It was a really easy, fun experience working with the team at ISM and they made our reception so much fun!! Also, they set up an... Read More elevator bar for us!! Our guests really enjoyed being able to check out the museum and loved the whole experience, as did we!!

great venue, great value

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Claire L

We worked with Janelle for our wedding, and we were so happy with her and the venue. We looked at other venues in Center City, and everything was at least 3 times the price. At the museum, you have a breathtaking view of the Delaware river and all of Penn's Landing. Our ceremony... Read More was performed outside on their Rotunda, which was incredible. You get a view of the Ben Franklin Bridge and the river, and even on a hot day the breeze keeps everyone comfortable. We had our cocktail hour inside the museum in the exhibits, which allowed our guests to explore and wander throughout the interesting exhibits. Reception is in their ballroom on the 4th floor, which was just recently renovated and looks great. Dance floor is huge, and plenty of room for dinner tables. There is a very large balcony attached to the reception room where we set up another bar, so guests were able to drink and mingle outside while enjoying the weather and watching the river.