Inn at The Colonnade Baltimore - A DoubleTree by Hilton

Baltimore, MD

The day is about you let us handle everything else

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

4 West University Parkway, Baltimore, MD

Memorable wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Michelle L

We originally selected this venue because we thought it would provide good locations for both the ceremony and reception, and because of the coordinator that we had initially met with. Unfortunately, that coordinator left about halfway through our planning. The new coordinator,... Read More Kim, is very nice and helpful, but the transition phase was rough. We found that it was much more efficient to meet with her in person than to communicate via email. The venue has options for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies but since we were getting married in November, we decided to get married inside in the Atrium. The Atrium is a lovely space with a large sky light. However, during our rehearsal, the space was freezing because the heat hadn't been turned on beforehand and when they turned it on during the rehearsal, the exhaust was so loud it was difficult to hear. Thankfully, my planner made sure that the heat was turned on hours prior to our ceremony and then shut off during the actual event so it was warm and quiet. We held our reception in the grand lobby, which was separated from the rest of the lobby where people check in/out of the hotel. It was quite attractive, but we ha a few issues: (a) while we "bought out" the restaurant, we only had exclusive access during the cocktail hour. During the reception, hotel guests were coming in and out of the restaurant. Many times, they were walking through the outskirts of the reception, which was concerning since that's where our gift table was. (b) it was recommended that we pipe & drape around the entire lobby for to allow for a "reveal" to the reception, but that made it the space very cramped with 125 guests. The bar was oddly situated between a guest table and our sweetheart table, and immediately next to the dance floor. It seems that there is some lack of communication between the staff in the hotel. For instance, our coordinator let us know that our supplies (e.g., decorations, easels, etc.) would be collected and stored by the staff, but at the end of the reception, the staff who cleaned up had no idea what they were to do and my guests started to bring the supplies up to the bridal suite. Additionally, the easels were not collected, so my husband and I had to go search for them the day afterwards to return to my bridesmaid who had brought them. Additionally, there was some miscommunication between the hotel and vendors. For example, the vendor who provided our chairs and pergola had arranged with the first coordinator for delivery without any issues months before the wedding. Two days before the wedding, I received a call from the vendor telling me that the hotel had suddenly told them that they need to pick up the night of the wedding rather than the next day as previously agreed upon because there was no staff who could move the chairs to a holding room. This cost me an additional $100 in delivery fees on top of what I was already paying. The food is good, and so is the cake made by SugarBakers. The catering manager was present at our tasting and took our recommendations into consideration (including a revamped vegetarian option), which was well appreciated. Our guests had positive feedback about the food. Most of the front desk, valet, bartending, and wait staff, except for a few, are also helpful and friendly. The bridal holding room was also well set up. All in all, the wedding went well, but with a few challenges.

I Didn't Regret A Thing!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 DeAsia G

I just got married here on June 28, 2014 and my wedding was wonderful! I chose the venue over a year before the wedding date and throughout the entire process the Catering Sales Manager, Rebecca, was very helpful with vendor suggestions and she was very responsive to e-mails and... Read More phone calls about what we could or couldn't do at the venue. There weren't many restrictions about what we could do here so everything worked well. The ceremony was held in the outdoor terrace, the cocktail hour was in the atrium and the reception was in the main lobby. Everything went smoothly on the wedding day and my husband and I couldn't have ask for a better experience. Everyone from the valet attendants to the catering staff was very friendly and assisted us in any way we needed. This is definitely one of the more reasonable venues in Baltimore if you are on a budget but still want a dream wedding. I would recommend Inn at the Colonnade to any bride-to-be!

Be careful and stay on top of things

Reviewed on 4/26/2014 Shirley L

January wedding-Primary reason we chose the Inn-close to church in case of inclement weather. As another reviewer mentioned- we started out with ONE wedding planner & then found we had a new one- only bc we contacted the Inn having had no responses to our emails. The second... Read More planner, Rebecca, was sweet & obviously a rookie. She was not able to answer many questions- for weeks on end-& used "we'll deal with that later approach" way too much. Finally we sent a LIST OF QUESTIONS & made an appt. with Rebecca & Ricardo the Food and Beverage Director to get ANSWERS. We arrived to find that Ricardo could not attend.We wasted our time bc she still was not able to answer all questions. Ricardo was present at the tasting & was very helpful.This hotel has a history of frequent chef changes- & he assured us the present Brazilian chef would be there. , we asked 4 an hors d'vre change to use his amazing chimichurra sauce. We also didn't want salmon- and ended up with WONDERFUL ORANGE ROUGHY- and no up charges- same price. We didn't want the included cake & substituted a Viennese dessert display to which we would add homemade family cookies from numerous relatives,-augmented by a large candy table, & a small sweetheart cake brought in. Our ceremony was at 430PM with Cocktails starting at 6PM. Most wedding guests were also hotel guests. So here's what happened: Shortly before the wedding we are told that Rebecca WILL NOT be present bc she had a wedding to attend. Ricardo would be "in charge". We had to INSIST on a sub for Rebecca bc her services (as the go to person) were included in the price. We ended up with the brand new Sales Director who met with us 2 wks b4 the wedding. Initially we were impressed bc she was mature & had some great ideas for our cookie & candy displays & assured us of her hands on approach. Yes- she did mention that she was moving to a new apt. on our wedding day- but assured us she would be on sight by NOON. We had valuable items for the reception in the care of relatives & she told us to have them meet her in the reception area at 230pm. They showed up- she didn't. The reception area had tables and chairs- with NOTHING else setup yet. She breezed in before 3PM & proceeded to direct the bride's aunt/uncle/grandmother/great aunt to assist in setting up the cookie & candy displays.The hotel staff THEN started work on table settings etc. When we arrived at about 5:35PM, there was no coat rack, no cocktail display set up & the dining area was STILL NOT SET UP. Guests wandered about.One hotel door was to be BLOCKED so guests would come in by the escort table- didn't happen. We asked for HELP and were told WE WERE EARLY!!! I have NEVER been to an event where the room is NOT SET 20 minutes before arrival time!! They would NOT start cocktail hour- our guests had to PAY AT THE BAR until 6pm as they rushed out appetizers. Dinner was EXCELLENT- we got MANY compliments on the food. Dessert was of course screwed up as they did not put out 15 DOZEN cookies made by a cousin- we retrieved them the next day- no apology. Finally- our reception ended at 10PM & ON THE DOT- the hotel threw on the lights, turned off the DJ & started breaking down! The bride & groom never even got to "exit" nor the DJ do the thank yous. ( there was an event the next day)Hotel staff broke many table items as they threw them into boxes for us to take home. As parents- we were so embarrassed to be the hosts. Yes- we did ask for a debrief- never happened.

My March Wedding

Reviewed on 3/15/2014 Phylicia B

Our whole wedding went very smooth and according to plan with the Inn at the Colonnade. I was nervous because we initially booked with one wedding specialist, but she left. The hotel staff did not alert us until I contacted them about something else. I was not totally happy with... Read More the new wedding specialist, but everything ended up working out. The atrium, where our ceremony was held, was beautifully lit and felt so warm yet open. We moved into another room for the cocktail hour and it was set-up in a flowing manner. The staff really transformed the lobby into a beautiful space for our reception. The food was fantastic and served right on time. Ricardo, the food and beverage director, was helpful from day 1 and made the event run flawlessly. It was great having the hotel bar and cocktail lounge as part of our reception area for guests who did not want to dance. However, the dance floor was a great size and we got some really cool pictures with the awesome cloud ceiling. I felt we really got a "bang for our buck" choosing the Inn at the Colonnade, and would highly recommend them to any person looking for a space for their ceremony and/or reception.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Megan M

When I first saw the venue I was a little uneasy because they transform the lobby into a reception hall. However, after moving around some furniture and adding draping it turned out gorgeous!! I worked with Rebecca and she was always able to help with whatever I needed. I... Read More also decided to have my ceremony in the upstairs atrium. The room is completely surrounded by windows and the chandelier in the room made my ceremony very romantic. We chose to have stations for food. Although we were too busy running around every guest I spoke with said the food was absolutely delicious, even my new father in law who is particular about his steak enjoyed it. Ricardo, the food and beverage manager, was the best! He even made a signature drink for my guests, which some of them had a little too much of! At the end of the night he even made sure all of my gifts, cards, bouquet, glasses, etc. were packed up and he brought everything up to my room. The venue was perfect for an out of town wedding. All of my guests were traveling from southern Maryland and Philadelphia. It was a perfect midway point and the area offered so many attractions for people who decided to stay for the weekend. The only complaint I had was that because the restaurant is open for guests and behind the lobby, I did see one or two hotel guests cutting through the reception to get to the restaurant. Overall I would recommend this venue, as many of my guests keep telling me "It was the BEST wedding I've been to!".

Great Venue

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Tamra L

A very elegant place to have a wedding and reception. The service that I received was wonderful.There were a few glitches with the wedding coordinators. I ended up working with three different coordinators because the first two resigned. Overall, I loved having the conveinence... Read More of having my wedding and reception at the same place. The food was very good as well. I would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding.