Inspired Life Photography

Charlotte, Asheville, & Beyond!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Charlotte, Asheville, & Beyond! (828) 779-8401

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Melissa L

Brittany is so talented at what she does! We booked the 4-hour wedding day package with her and couldn't be happier with her and her amazing work! She was friendly, professional, and absolutely everywhere at the wedding, getting shots I didn't even know she got! During the... Read More family & wedding party photos, the reception, and send-off, she wasn't afraid to retake a picture or ask us to rearrange or move in order to get the perfect shot. And she got so many AMAZING pictures! Her framing and editing is light, creative, and just pretty. She captured our wedding day, the people, the decor, the whole event, beautifully. Truly could not be happier! (AND her price was incredibly reasonable!)

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Rachael T

We were so lucky to have Brittany for our big day! Not only does she have a great vision, we absolutely loved working with Brittany throughout the whole planning process. She even had the great idea for us to sneak away at sunset to get a few couple shots - they're my all-time... Read More favorite pictures of me and my husband!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Katie S

I would highly recommend Inspired Life Photography for pictures! Brittney is so great to work with and goes above and beyond to make your wedding day stress free! I was very impressed with how much she was on her game and was adaptable to potential wedding day challenges!... Read More This tremendously helped my anxiety for the wedding day. I took engagement/bridal photos and was so impressed with the quality of images. She was so easy to book photography sessions and I feel like she always listened to what my vision was. She really does have an eye for certain scenery and lighting! I am looking very forward to seeing the wedding pictures which will be nothing but great I am sure!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Kimberly L

We are so happy we chose Brittany to be our photographer for our wedding on May 27th. She completely blew our expectations out of the water. She was very patient trying to make sure we had photos with our 2 year old son. Everyone has been raving about our photos. If you book... Read More Brittany you won't be disappointed! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Kirsten S

We were in love with Brittany's style from the moment we shot our engagement photos in December. Brittany was so easy to get along with and really helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We knew after looking at the engagement pictures that we would LOVE the pictures... Read More she captured on our wedding day. Fast forward five months and Brittany was shooting our big day on 5/20/2017 at The Venue in downtown Asheville. Brittany was able to rally my huge wedding party and family members so that we could get so awesome shots before the ceremony. She even closed down an entire street in Asheville (by standing in the middle of it!) so we could get the perfect picture in front of our venue– talk about a photographer who will do anything for a great shot! Brittany made all of our guests feel comfortable and several people commented on the fact that she and our second photographer, Nick, were “all over the room and dance floor” snapping photos that night. She was so helpful, supportive, and fun that night - we even danced a little together on the dance floor! When Brittany sent us the gallery of our wedding pictures, we could tell her pictures truly capture moments of us having fun with our guests as well as plenty of moments we missed in person throughout the night! Brittany captured the perfect blend of portrait, posed photos and candid pictures from the night. She listened to our request for a more journalistic approach to capturing the night in photos – from the tiniest details in the décor to the expressions on guests’ faces during toasts. We are blown away by all of the pictures and our guests cannot get enough of all the photos she took throughout the night. I highly recommend Brittany for anyone looking for a photographer to shoot their wedding. She has an wonderful, outgoing personality and a keen eye for gorgeous shots - you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Megan H

There are simply not enough thank yous to express our gratitude and love for Brittany and Inspired Life Photography. Once my hubby and I nailed down our date and location, Brittany was the first vendor we wanted to get booked and our only choice for photographer. Despite some... Read More unforeseen circumstances and weather that made our engagement photos a literal whirlwind, Brittany was organized, professional and absolutely my calming energy on that day. She made us both feel so relaxed, and the photos and Save the Dates she designed came out so beautiful - we got so many compliments! She checked up on me regularly to see if I needed anything throughout the wedding planning process and was hands down the most organized and quick to respond vendor we worked with. Payment and budgeting were so easy, and after the wedding, Brittany got us the sneak peeks and the edited photos so quickly, all while she had her sweet newborn baby at home. And the wedding photos: oh my gosh - I truly never could have imagined anything so beautiful! Inspired Life captured the perfect combination of candid moments and posed photos with our family and wedding party, all while managing to keep our large wedding party (15) and parents and grandparents organized and on schedule. Before our wedding, I never realized how much of what’s going on that you miss as the bride and groom. The day goes by so fast. I am so very grateful for the photos showing me my loved ones having a blast and witnessing the most special moment of my life: seeing how my husband and I looked at each other that day, my Dad tearing up during the ceremony, our grandparents dancing the night away, the smiles and tears during speeches and toasts. Those are the moments that can’t be replicated, and those are exactly what Inspired Life Photography captured for us. Although it’s been a few months since our wedding, not a single day has gone by that I haven’t scrolled through our photos in awe. Brittany and Inspired Life Photography did an absolutely incredible job, and we could never say thank you enough. We would recommend to any couple wanting the best day of their life captured in the most beautiful way possible <3

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Tracy C

I would recommend Inspired Life Photography to anyone needing any of their special moments captured . Brittany just photographed my sons wedding this past Saturday, not only was she on time but she came with such a willingness to help wherever it was needed. She went over and... Read More beyond the job she was hired for without being asked to do any of it. She rolled with the punches, good and bad and was totally professional and down to earth throughout the entire day and I tell you, she had her hands full with this wedding shoot! And best of all her work is absolutely beautiful!! After seeing the sneak peek today I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures that she captured! Thank you so much Brittany for being so professional and personable and handling the situations thrown at you without missing a beat! 😊

2017-04-11T09:01:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Tracy! Thank You SO Much for writing such a kind review! It was truly my pleasure to be a small part of Alex & Emily's big day! xox - Brit

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Nicole R

WOW!! THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL vendor I've ever experienced. I feel so strongly about this I am writing this review as a member of the bridal party, and this is my first hand experience. As a former bride myself, I have written multiple reviews for vendors on wedding websites. I... Read More have to say this is my first time writing a negative review. The reason I take the time to do this is so other unsuspecting couples do not go through a similar ordeal. I was blown away by the lack of professionalism, incompetence and overall laziness of this photographer that I experienced FIRST HAND at the wedding. Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and find someone else. The hassle she has given the bride on the most important day of her life is mind blowing. After I saw her helping herself to food and leaving the second photographer to do ALL of the work for the majority of the day/evening, I then saw her taking a "break" and watching TV inside on a couch during the reception. This is not hearsay. I saw and experienced this with my own eyes throughout the day of the event. She came to the location completely unprepared as to where pictures would be taken and it was obvious to myself and the rest of the wedding party. She lacked "know-how" and spent little to no time posing us or setting us up for photos. Beyond this, she was rude to family members, and friends.... which I also saw first hand. She stood around most of the day, not giving direction for specific shots and even missed the bride and father of the bride's "first look." I know this to be FACT because I had to take these special photos myself with my own camera so it would be captured. To top it off, this photographer wrote a 3 page letter to the bride and groom BLAMING family and friends for all issues after the couple expressed their disappointment in her services. Again, I have read the letter myself and I am happy to post it or share it anytime with anyone, as it is FACT. She also used her pregnancy as an excuse in her letter. Being pregnant IS NO EXCUSE FOR RUDE!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Alexandra M

Brittany was such a dream to work with! She shot both a boudoir shoot for me, as well as my wedding. She very clearly knows what she is doing, she is a great director of where to be and what to do. She also has a keen eye for details, really giving you direction on what to tweak... Read More for the best shot. She managed me and my husband, as well as our bridal party and huge families with ease. Her second shooter for the wedding was great as well. They both did a great job blending in to get the candids, and posing us when needed for some special shots. Her editing is superb, I never felt like she over did it, or we didn't recognize ourselves, but she certainly presented us the best versions of ourselves. Had a truly great experience working with her from start to finish. She also helped set up a photography timeline for me, which I felt like was above and beyond the call of duty.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Virginia T

A great job for our daughter's fall wedding! We booked Brit approx 10 months in advance and she laid out a timeline, pricing, expectations, etc in a professional manner and stayed true to all of her commitments. This made the planning process and budgeting for a wedding much... Read More easier! Not to mention the pics are great! Along the way she traveled for the engagement photos, the bridal portrait and even covered an engagement party. She got a large variety of photos and an easy digital gallery to order from and download to keep. With her years of experience she knows how to capture the moments you are looking for and will accommodate any special requests. I definitely recommend Brit based on our experience!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Julia T

Brittany did such an amazing job with our wedding pictures! She did our engagement pictures and even traveled a couple of hours so that we could get the perfect pics! She did a great job with the save the dates and also knocked the Bridal Portraits out of the park. We had an... Read More engagement party and she even was responsible for having pictures taken there. She has been a joy to work with and all of the pictures have been fantastic!

2016-12-09T08:20:49 Response from the vendor

Julia! Thank You SO MUCH for such a sweet review! It was a pleasure getting to know you and Scott! You guys are the sweetest! {Also, LOVE your mom!} <3 Your Wedding was so beautiful & you were a gorgeous bride & you guys had... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Kaylyn V

Brittany loves what she does and that was very clear the day of our wedding!!! We had talked about invlovling our dogs and she gave us wonderful photos of them with us. We also had a beautiful mountain (and I mean at the very top!) wedding and she hiked all over pregnant and... Read More all!! Thank you Brittany you're great!

2016-12-09T08:24:51 Response from the vendor

Kaylyn! Thank You SO much for your sweet review! It's true, I really do love what I do! Especially when I get to work with such sweet couples, like you and Jesse! It was such a pleasure for me to spend such an important day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/07/2016

Brittany was our photographer for our Asheville wedding, and she was fabulous!! From the very beginning she was flexible with options and approach, easy to work with, and full of great ideas! We chose to just take pictures on the day of our wedding, so my husband and I took a... Read More leisurely stroll from the hotel to the wedding venue and took pictures along the way. She knew all the great places to stop, and perfectly timed the walk and pictures to arrive at the ceremony at the perfect time. She made our photographed journey to the ceremony a pleasant and fun experience! During the ceremony and reception, she did a terrific job taking pictures of our family and friends and I didn't have to even think about anything! She was pleasant to work with the entire time. After the wedding, I was very (very) slow with getting online to select my pictures for downloading and ordering prints. She was very patient with me to provide extensions of time until I could get all the pictures that I wanted. We just received the prints, and they are beautiful!! One more note, is that she did an excellent job editing one of the family photos where my son's hair was messed up in the wind. A little touch up, and we were very happy with the final results! I would recommend Brittany to anyone!!

2016-12-07T13:48:41 Response from the vendor

Joy, Thank You SO Much for such a thoughtful and kind review! You and David are the nicest people and it was really a pleasure to get to know and to work with you guys! Many Blessings for a long and happy life together! xox... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Abby M

I am so thrilled I chose Brittany as my photographer. She was laid back, professional, and captured the fun, emotional, and wonderful moments of my special day. I could truly relax and enjoy myself! I knew the pictures would be beautiful because I was referred by a friend, yet... Read More when they came I was still blown away by how beautiful they were! Thank you Brittany! I will send more brides your way!

2016-12-07T09:40:43 Response from the vendor

Abby {?} :) Thank You for such a sweet review! It was wonderful getting to know & working with you guys! I'm so glad that you loved your Wedding Photos! Can't wait to see what the future holds for you guys! xox -Brit

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Sarah S

We used Inspired Life Photography for our engagement, bridal, and wedding pictures. We were so excited with our decision when we met Brittany for the first time at our engagement shoot. We went to the Biltmore and she knew exactly where to go to take the best shots. She opened... Read More up to us very quickly and made us comfortable. In the car ride home after our engagement shoot my husband stated "You did good." He was very happy with our choice to use Brittany. We got so many compliments on how great our engagement and my bridal portraits were. I just got my wedding pictures back today and just as I imagined they were fantastic! She has a good eye for backdrops and every place she pulled over spontaneously are my absolute favorites! After the wedding we were rushed to get in as many family pictures because of limited time at the chapel. Brittany knew when to be direct to ensure we got the most important pictures. I got the wedding package with the second shooter which I highly recommend. They worked so well together and the second shooter was able to get great detail pictures of the reception and pictures of the cocktail hour while Brittany was with the Bridal Party. All my close family and friends who I have shared pictures with are very pleased. I highly recommend Brittany for any occasions you want photographed.

2016-12-01T20:01:48 Response from the vendor

Sarah, I adore you & Kyle! Thank You SO Much for asking me to be part of your big day in helping you to document it! You guys were so sweet & I really enjoyed getting to know you over this last year! I can't... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jessica K

Brittany is a wonderful, professional photographer who I highly recommend. She shot our wedding in September at the beautiful Yesterday Spaces in Leicester, NC and our pictures are perfect! I couldn't have asked for better service, she even let me bring in a few of my own... Read More props and let us goof off with silly photographs that were our idea, and captured them nicely. On top of the gorgeous pictures she provided us with, Brittany also sent my first pre-wedding gift as soon as we hired her- a very nice "Mrs Koon" hanger on which to hang my wedding dress. Brittany captured so many beautiful memories for us that day, with perfect lighting and perfect mood. Thank you Brittany!!!

2016-12-07T09:42:06 Response from the vendor

Seth & Jessica! Thank You so much for such a kind review! It was truly my honor getting to know you {Jessica} & working with you guys to capture such an incredibly special moment in your lives! I absolutely adore both of you and am... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Crystal D

Brittany was an absolute joy to work with! She is so passionate about what she does and her pictures definitely show that. They were gorgeous! My husband and I so look forward to working with her again in the future, when it comes time for children!

2016-12-01T20:02:30 Response from the vendor

Crystal! Thank You for such a sweet review! You and Andrew are the absolute sweetest & I too am excited to photograph your children/family in the future! xox -Brit

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Allie S

Brittany was essential in making my big day perfect, and she delivered! Her photographs are beautiful, and she was very professional. She went above and beyond for my husband and I; even staying late to capture additional photographs that we requested. Our wedding was also a... Read More destination wedding, and Brittany was very flexible and offered us great assistance both before and during our wedding. Once we have children I will definitely be returning to Brittany to capture more photographs for us.

2016-12-01T20:04:02 Response from the vendor

Allie, you and Dylan were two of the most easy going, laid back, sweet people I've had the pleasure of working with! Your Biltmore Wedding was Gorgeous & you made the most Beautiful Bride! Thank You so much for asking me to help you guys... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Karen H

Our wedding photos are nothing short of spectacular! Brittany is amazing and very professional. Delivering gorgeous pictures to preserve our perfect day. She was easy to work with. Knew exactly what pictures to take. Was on time. Delivered all of the photographs in a timely... Read More manner. Made it easy to order prints. Very responsive to emails. I like that she gives a free engagement session after booking with her. She made the day stress free, fun, and relaxing. My favorite is the wedding album with all of the beautiful pictures from our day. Thanks Brittany!

2016-11-28T10:44:52 Response from the vendor

Karen, Thank You for such a Sweet Review! I was an honor to have been asked to be part of such an incredibly special day for the two of you & your families! Your Wedding was Beautiful! You were both so kind & welcoming on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Beth P

We hired Inspired Life Photography one and a half years in advanced for our wedding to ensure we got the best! Brittany is amazing at her work and very flexible. She met with us for our engagement photo session in SC. On the day of our shoot, the surroundings were not what we... Read More had originally envisioned, and Brittany immediately found another location and led us to a beautiful setting for our pictures. She even stayed past our scheduled time to take a few pictures with a firework show in the background (because it was 4th of July weekend)! It was such a relief to have someone so experienced and willing to make sure you have the best photos. We are so impressed with our engagement pictures, and can't wait to see her work for our wedding on 6/3/2017.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ashley G

Brittany was AMAZING! She took the most beautiful photos at my wedding (& for my bridal portraits)! My family and friends have been giving me endless compliments on how stunning all of my wedding photos turned out and I couldn't agree more! I am so thankful for Brittany! She... Read More captured our most special memories SO beautifully.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Hallie C

I had very high expectations for how I wanted my wedding photography to turn out. After having a somewhat stressful experience with my engagement shoot, I knew I needed a wedding day photographer who not only made the end product beautiful, but made the entire experience... Read More stress-free and enjoyable as well. I could not have asked for better than Inspired Life Photography. After reading her excellent reviews on The Knot, I gave her a call and I knew she was my photographer from our first conversation. She is such a laid-back person and that's what EVERY bride (especially Type A brides like myself) needs! She arrived to my church early to photograph the details of my wedding so that when I arrived she could just focus on me and my bridesmaids. And I'm so impressed with how much attention she pays to detail! For example, I really wanted a picture of my Tiffany & Co. ring box, but was embarrassed because I had gotten water marks all along the bottom edge. She was innovative and photographed my box sitting in my veil, which turned out beautifully. She asks questions about all the important shots and makes sure she captures exactly what you want. She works great with large crowds (My husband and I have huge families. HUGE. Like, fifty people per side. And she somehow managed to quickly and efficiently get excellent group pictures). I felt like she was a good friend at my wedding the entire time. We laughed, we joked, we took fun group shots, she coordinated the events of the evening with my DJ to make everything run smoothly, and got so many fun shots of our guests having a blast! I got my photos back within 5 weeks, and I have been told by multiple people that they are the most beautiful wedding photos they've ever seen. They were worth every penny I paid, and I will cherish these memories forever. And I will definitely be contacting Inspired Life in the future for other big life events!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Savannah S

Great photos and the best part is that they were sent to us 1 week after we were married - we couldn't wait to share them with friends and family. We booked for 6 hours and the only photo we didn't get was our exit from the reception. I received about 500 photos in those 6 short... Read More hours and my bridal party was very happy with how quick the photos took after the ceremony.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Allie P

We used Inspired Life Photography for our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and on our wedding day. Our photographs serve as stunning memories that we will have forever to capture such a special time in our lives. Brittany is personable, flexible, and amazing at what... Read More she does. Our engagement photos captured our personalities perfectly. On the day of my bridal portraits the original location was closed and Brittany was able to adapt quickly. She found beautiful back up locations to take the portraits. It also rained on our wedding day, but Brittany adjusted. She used the rain delay to take stunning photographs of all of our special details used to decorate for the wedding. Our wedding photographs are stunning! 7 months later we still look at them all the time and receive compliments on them daily. We spent months searching for a photographer in the Western NC area. Inspired Life Photography stood out immediately and we never found a photographer who matched the quality of her work. It was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding!

2015-12-04T11:09:07 Response from the vendor

Allie, I adore you & Michael & am so grateful to have had the opportunity to get to know & to work with you guys during your Engagement year & Wedding Day! Looking toward the future with excitement! xox Brit

Great Photographer

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Katelan Z

Brittany's pictures were amazing and captured all the moments of the wedding. When receiving the pictures we all laughed and cried over how great they were. The pictures really made the day come back to life. We also had engagement and bridal portraits done that were... Read More spectacular. The sessions were included in the package we purchased. Overall a great experience for one of the most special days of our lives.

2015-11-30T14:35:23 Response from the vendor

Hey Katelan! Thanks so much for such a kind review! It was a joy getting to know and working with you and Andre! -Brit