Iron Lakes Country Club

Allentown, PA

Where your dreams become reality.....

We acknowledge that every couple is driven by their own vision and we will help you create a custom designed package that will embrace your lifestyle, taste and budget. At Iron Lakes we make a personal commitment to you, because we want you to remember your wedding day for all the right reasons.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

3625 Shankweiler Road, Allentown, PA (610) 395-3369

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 S G

I recommend Iron Lakes Country Club to anyone looking to have a stress free exciting and well organized party! They offer no many great options and are willing to go out of their way for any request! Their food is made in house and is delicious! We recently had a party... Read More there and Christine Brown the sales coordinator made it a breeze to plan and was so attentive that night. They work really well with the DJ and the dancers and everything else we brought in. It was an amazing night there!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Catherine H

We had our wedding at Iron Lakes in June 2017! Deb and her staff were wonderful to work with! They helped plan each detail! Iron Lakes had beautiful spots for amazing pictures and the Lakeview Ballroom overlooking the lake is breathtaking. All our guests raved about the food and... Read More had a wonderful time! We made the right choice having our special day at Iron Lakes Country Club!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alyssa B

Iron Lakes Country Club is wonderful! I had my June 3rd, 2017 wedding in the Lakeview Ballroom. Our ceremony was held outside and was absolutely beautiful. Deb and Michelle were extremely helpful and guided us throughout the entire process. I would definitely recommend this... Read More venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 V A

This place was awful. The food was not prepared properly. Deb the planner sold on the fact that she said she would help us and give us peace of mine the day of the wedding and she did the exact opposite. She stressed my entire family out and was rude to everyone and it wasn't... Read More until my sister-in-law said something that she backed off. She was rude even to myself and as the bride believe me I had more than enough on my plate but even on my wedding day? I wish I would have never had my wedding here...

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Kate O

We absolutely loved our reception at Iron Lakes! Everyone raved about how delicious the food was, including us! Deb was very helpful throughout the entire process and was very flexible. The only reason I cannot give them 5 stars, is because at the reception, they moved some... Read More tables around without checking with us first. This caused my husband's mother to be moved to the back, which obviously did not go over well. Additionally, the open bar was wonderful and everyone enjoyed it. However, we were approached by another woman who was looking over the event multiple times about our friends & family "enjoying" the bar too much. This caused us some stress, but as far as we were concerned, the bartenders were the ones responsible for pouring. I really wish I could give 5 stars, because this venue was very affordable, had the BEST food I've had at a wedding, and Deb was a dream to work with. Beyond the two complaints, I would recommend them to anyone.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Katie B

We chose our venue without ever even seeing it in person, which made us super nervous! We planned our Pennsylvania wedding from Hawaii and weren't able to go back to see anything before the actual wedding. Deb helped us plan everything as soon as we booked it. She was super... Read More flexible with emails and phone calls and kept me on track the entire year before the wedding to make sure we did everything we needed to. She made the planning process so easy! The ceremony site we used ended up being better than I ever imagined. We were on the lake and it was SO beautiful. We also went to a few other places to take pictures and the pictures came out amazing. We also had our reception there, which made the transition from ceremony to reception very easy! Deb and Michelle were awesome the day of the wedding. Any questions I had or anything I needed they helped with. The wait staff during the reception were amazing. They were so nice and even boxed my food up for me to take home when I wasn't able to eat it! The ceremony site was beautiful. Our reception room had beautiful views of the lake and a patio area. The staff were all amazing. ILCC made our wedding perfect!

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Amy S

Overall, we were very happy with Iron Lakes. Deb was great with helping plan the reception and helping us figure out a timeline for the day. Her advice/recommendations/expertise were all very helpful; staff setup and took down everything for us. We did have a small snafu with... Read More some guests getting their meals, but I do not think that is normal. We had a little over 100 people in the Grove Room, which fit everyone very comfortably and had a nice patio (although we didn't get to use it since it rained). We heard no complaints about the quality of the food and the chef was great at accommodating some of our guests with dietary restrictions.

Reviewed on 2/01/2015 Jenna G

This venue is 45 minutes from where I live and was a little further than I wanted my wedding, but I checked it out anyway because the venues around my area were too pricey. As soon as I got there, I had a feeling that this was the place. Deb was extremely helpful and more than... Read More happy to answer all of my questions. I left there with my mom knowing I wanted this venue. From booking up to the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. Deb was in contact with me throughout the months leading up, answering my questions and providing suggestions. My wedding went smoothly thanks to all of the staff. The food was delicious and the room was decorated just as I wanted. The venue has amazing places for beautiful pictures! I couldn't be any happier with Iron Lakes and the wonderful staff!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Jenna O

When my husband and I first visited Iron Lakes, we knew it was the place. We could picture it decorated with our theme, we were very comfortable working with Deb, and an outdoor ceremony spot was provided (at extra cost). We had to plan our wedding long distance from California,... Read More and Deb was really great about setting up times to have conference calls with us rather than in person meetings. She had a lot of great advice whenever I was unsure about something, and she took notes about everything I mentioned. Deb and the rest of the staff were very helpful when it came to the very end of planning - we traded notes and dropped off our decorations the week of the wedding. The ceremony was at a cute little spot, and we were able to take golf carts to different spots for photos after the ceremony. I didn't see the reception decorations until we were introduced after the ceremony, and upon entering for the first time, I was so pleased with how everything looked. It was absolutely perfect and better than I could have imagined. The entire day went so well and the staff was there if we ever needed anything. I can't say enough just how perfect this venue was!!

Professional and Supportive Staff, Delicious Menu!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Amanda J

Deb and the staff at Iron Lakes Country Club are truly professionals with a passion for making your special day just that. My husband and I attended a tasting before our wedding in order to decide on our menu - I highly recommend doing this. The chef actually came to the table... Read More after we were served. After speaking with the chef, she explained that she could make any changes to accommodate our dietary needs. We were able to offer a gluten free option to our guests. The Iron Lakes Team was great to work with, was quick to answer questions, and accommodate needs.

Exceptional service and details

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Paige W

We worked primarily with Deb during the 8 months that we planned our wedding reception. She accommodated our work schedules to meet with her at the value when it was most convenient for us. There was never a limit placed on how often we met; emails and phone calls were always... Read More answered promptly. On the day of our wedding reception both my now husband and I felt catered to and pampered with the service we received. The staff presented with professionalism, courteousness, and promptness to our guests and families. We could not be more pleased with the end result to months of planning! We look forward to celebrating many anniversaries with our friends and family at this exceptional location!

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Ryan D

We had our wedding at Iron Lakes Country Club and it was amazing. Deb and her crew there went above and beyond to help us out. We had a very non traditional wedding and ceremony and everything was perfect. We were able to customize all aspects of the event to suit. The price... Read More was excellent for what we got. I really like how it was all inclusive our package had an outside ceremony, with 2 contingency plans in case of weather, private patio, reception hall, onsite parking, buffet style dinner, appetizers, cash bar. All the workers were spot on and almost everything was setup to a T. The minor details we brought up the day of were addressed promptly and efficiently. You will not go wrong with this venue. This was the second event I attended there and both were memorable.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Christine H

We loved the location of Iron Lakes. The property was so pretty for our pictures around the golf course. Family and friends liked taking some of their own pictures outside the lakeview ballroom also. Deb was very helpful. All of the staff we met with were very friendly and... Read More helped make everything perfect. I really had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding.

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Brittany H

Iron Lakes was amazing! They were so flexible with everything that I wanted. They set up the directions I made perfectly and created a reception that was even better than I could have imagined! They were so fun and professional to work with. Deb was so helpful and put my mind at... Read More ease whenever I would start to get stressed! Everything was reasonable priced for the food, bar, space rental, and service they provide. I'm so glad we chose Iron Lakes. The food was amazing and our ceremony outside was beautiful! Everything was perfect!! Thank you so much!

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 carissa c

Beautiful outdoor ceremony and great prices for great food.

PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 amanda f

The entire staff made sure every little detail of our day went completely perfect! Everything was organized and ready to go for me, I barely had to lift a finger! I pictured the room looking gorgeous but when I walked in they really exceeded my expectations! Everyone was so... Read More helpful!!!

experienced and helpful

Reviewed on 6/19/2013 Kathleen F

Iron Lakes Country Club is a great place to have your reception. They gave me a wedding consultant who was able and ready to make suggestions from vendors to decorating ideas. The consultant was ready to help me whenever I called, email, and even showed up unannounced! They... Read More even provided me with a list of vendors they worked with in the past and even consulted which ones did not go well. We went in with a rather detailed plan and they worked with me to help keep costs down. They were so helpful my bridesmaids even used the venue for the bridal shower!

Wedding Venue 4/27/13

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 beth s

Fantastic experience! Deb and the rest of the Iron Lakes staff were so easy to work with, very professional, and highly organized. The food was amazing! We were so pleased with the value and the location was perfect. The wedding reception was so stress-free, if there were... Read More any potential problems, the staff handled it, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I am so glad we chose Iron Lakes and would absolutely recommend this site for any event.

Overall not bad

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Nicole H

Overall iron lakes wasn’t bad at all. Just a few things that upset me. one they set my table numbers up wrong I had a table of family being the furthest table away when they should of be up front, also our room captain sucked she had a bad attitude and honestly just didn’t do... Read More her job, our bridal party had to ask to be served during cocktail hour also we had to ask for horduervs to be served to us, she also gave us a hard time for drinks during dinner (bar was closed for dinner hour only bridal party could be served). Champaign wasn’t bought out until after toasts were made, and they should have had four people working the pasta action station instead of two it took a very long time. Other than that everything was good food was great! Deb the coordinator was amazing she work with me for everything!

Awesome Service - Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Jessica C

We chose the package which included served hors d'oeuvres, a served meal of appetizer, salad, entree, open bar, and our wedding cake. We added an extra hour with bar and a candy buffet. Deb was a pleasure to work with, the location was absolutely perfect, the staff were so... Read More

accommodating and my guests can't stop talking about how wonderful the occasion was. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/27/2012 Kerri B

We had our wedding outside and the landscape was so beautiful. The food was very good and wasnt too expensive. They definitely know what it takes to make a night go smoothly. They decorated the plates they served the cake on with fresh cut strawberries which was a nice added... Read More touch. Definitely recommend this place if you want a place that does it all!

AMAZING! Took care of everything. Great day!

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Carin F

Deb and Michelle at ILCC were amazing. I worked with them for over a year, and were easy to contact, huge help when asked, and took care of the small details that I did not think of (for example, used leftover items from the centerpieces to dress up the escort and reception... Read More tables.) I would recommend them to anyone! My husband and I are actually plotting who we could get married there next because we would love to get to be on the other side of this venue. Other details: 1) they use Verdi for the toast. It is not high in alcohol but is amazing to the taste. Everyone asked about it. 2) My mom does not like green beans. They made sure she did not get green beans, and gave her a whole bowl of corn just for her. They could not have made my mother's day any more than that! Summary: Go there and ask for Deb!

Considered for my reception - Horrible Treatment -

Reviewed on 2/02/2012 Shannon F

Upon walking up to the door at Iron Lake Country Club, a blonde haired woman by the name of Deb Evans opened the door. Greetings were exchanged by her, and by myself and mother who was with me. Because it was a bit chilly and she was holding the door with arm outstretched, I... Read More felt it was best to quickly walk in, resulting in not shaking Deb's hand. Maybe this was the faux-pas that set the next few minutes in motion. Afterwards, I would be told by my mother that a disgusted glare had been shot to her after I walked into the building avoiding a handshake. With no questions or words being said to us by Deb she walked us into their "Grove" room. A pleasant and rather cute room greeted me with a lovely stage and bar. Deb then said to us that this room would hold up to 140 guests. My mother and I both nodded, taking the info in. But then there was just silence. Deb said nothing to us and after the silence became awkward, I gestured with my hand and asked "and what..." in a genuine and inquizitive manner. I knew nothing about this facility so I could not understand the silence. She then shot at me "and what" as if to be accusing me of something. "Normally my brides are talking at this point" she stated quickly. I simply said that why was she not telling us anything about the site, 140 means nothing if we don't know what you have to offer or how much. She responded with "do you even want to be here, because if not..." I looked at her in complete disbelief saying I just wanted to know information. She became extremely irritated and after thumbing through her brochure for a minute, she looked at me and said "You know what, I'm just not interested." She then walked began to walk away from us. My mother and I were in complete shock. I told Deb, as she continued to abandon us in the room, how unprofessional and rude her actions were. I continued with the fact that her job was to educate us on the venue and tell us what amount of dollars were going to get us what services. I cannot have questions or concerns until you tell me what you have to offer. Without knowing these things, what exactly am I supposed to do. I need information from you before I know what I need to give you back. My mother and I turned to leave saying we hoped the owner knew how she was treating potential clients. All we received back was a constant "I'm sorry and good luck" in an extremely disgusted and condesending tone. Finally, being furious, I stated that this treatment would be announced. After exiting the building and being almost at my car, Deb then decided to come running out, shouting at us "well I AM one of the owners". Well then how dare you treat someone like that, just decided to disregard them with no reasoning. Was it because I hadn't shaken her hand? or wasn't hopping into the facility like a gushing idiot? Whatever the case, to have a reaction and words said to me, that my business wasn't needed by them and to essentially shove off, was uncalled for. My mother, a business owner herself for over 20 years, said she had never encountered a fellow business women to be completely lacking of professionalism and had never been treated like that, even my the worst of men. How was she going to treat a bride halfway into planning or even just prior to the event if there was an issue or concern and the bride god-forbid showed aggitation? While I am sure there have been pleasant interactions, someone looking to book here should know this kind of treatment had occured

Couldnt have been better

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Lisa K

Everything at Iron Lakes is perfect! Love, love, love them! We had our wedding and reception all on the grounds and it was beautiful! They want your day to be perfect for you.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Adriane B

My husband and I thought overall Iron Lakes Country Club did a wonderful job for our wedding! The food was delicious and the Lakeview Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous. They decorated the Ballroom beautifully and exactly the way I wanted it! The only negative thing I have to say... Read More is.....they took a little too long to serve dinner and they didn't save our pieces of wedding cake for us. We didn't have a chance to eat our piece of cake since we were so busy dancing and talking to our guests. It would have been nice for them to save our piece of cake for us.