Ironstone Ranch - Events with a Purpose

Elizabethtown, PA

The Beautiful Ironstone Ranch

Ironstone Ranch offers several beautiful venues surrounded by over 250 acres of farmland & woodland. Ironstone owns a beautifully restored 1800’s barn along with the orchards, the mini barn, and a farm house. All Net Profits fund Brittany’s Hope www.brittanyshope.org "Events with a Purpose"

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1 Hollinger Lane, Elizabethtown, PA (717) 902-9791

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Jocelyn V

I wouldn't have gotten married any where else!! If you live in the Central PA area and haven't checked out the ranch, you have got to! I went to maybe 25 venues all over pa and wasn't impressed with anything I saw until I stepped foot onto the ranch. And even though the ranch is... Read More truly a beauty, I fell in love with the venue mostly because of the staff. Jeremy gave me my tour and helped me throughout the whole process. He's the best! Mark was there during my tour as well. He was very sweet and made lots of accommodation for my wedding which I greatly appreciated! Everyone at the ranch treated my family and I like "family of the ranch". they were very warm and welcoming to everyone (my vendors too). I developed a friendship with the staff, which to me was important because these are the people who will be catering to you on your big day! I rented out the farmhouse for the weekend and I'm so glad I did. It's beautiful and convenient since its on the property already. I didn't have to rush to get ready. When the day of the wedding came everything was EXACTLY how I had pictured it in my head. I got married at the orchid in March which I was worried about at first because March could be cold or rainy, you never know. But the staff assured me if it were to rain or snow we could have the ceremony in a smaller barn (not the same place as the reception). I would have been fine with that because the small barn is beautiful but luckily it was a beautiful day! Some venues charge extra if it rains and they have to change locations, so I was pleased to know the Ranch would change locations for free! The photo loop was beautiful! My pictures came out so beautifully! It's very scenic and there are lots of locations with tons of variety! I am so glad I chose to ride in the carriage. Looks great in pictures and was very romantic. I also loved that Jeremy came out during the photo loop to make sure we had food and drinks! All my guests loved cocktail hour. I loved that they brought out the animals for guests. It's great entertainment for all ages. I was iffy about yard games but my guests loved it so I'm glad that was set up for me. The reception was my favorite part. My day of coordinator (Evon from C & J) was fantastic and made sure everything went as planned. there was tons of time to dance and mingle! My guests are still talking about the wedding. It was the best day of my life so far. Some venues allow you to hire your own catering and I know at first I didn't like the idea that you HAD to go with theirs, but C & J's food exceeded my expectations. They will accommodate to anything you want, and I mean anything. Staff was great and I loved that they emailed me with any little question they may have had to make sure they had correct info at all times. They did the floral and décor as well, which was TO DIE FOR! So don't worry about the food! In my opinion from 1-10 the Ironstone Ranch is a 20! don't get married anywhere else!

Beautiful Ironstone Ranch!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

I would reccomend Ironstone Ranch to anyone. We had a fabulous experience. Mark helped calm me down when scheduling issues arose and made sure they did everything possible to help me the day of my wedding. The only tricky thing was trying to set up the same day of our wedding,... Read More but with most venues these days you will find that. I fell in love with the purpose and mission for Brittneys Hope. The Ranch was absolutely beautiful and they offer special details like the horse drawn carriage and opening the barn doors for a grand entrance that made our wedding so unique. I had tons of comments on how unique and beautiful our wedding was. I do not have a bad thing to say about this venue and the wonderful people that work there!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Margie H

This is a beautiful setting to have a wedding, It was special in every way. The staff were professional, friendly and so helpful. The food was delicious. Everyone that attended complimented us for such a perfect wedding!! We loved everything about it.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 JohnPaul B

Words can’t describe how incredible this venue was for our wedding. The staff were the friendliest group of people we have ever met! Jeremy and Alexis were incredible to work with from start to end! They literally went out of their way for every small detail - even giving the... Read More maid of honor a tissue during her speech. The venue itself is exceptionally beautiful. The main barn was elegant and classy and warm. The lighting and environment was perfect inside. Our guests felt so comfortable at the reception. We will be coming back to Ironstone for years to come. It is a magical place that is surrounded by beauty. If you are looking for an exceptional venue that is also hidden from busy streets and other buildings - Ironstone is the place to have your wedding. The property makes it feel like it’s just you and your guests. Again, can’t restate how friendly the entire staff was at Ironstone!

2017-07-31T09:27:47 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor having your wedding with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience at our property, we truly enjoyed your day with all your closest loved ones. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Melissa L

Everything about Ironstone was just perfect. From the staff, to the venue, to the vendors they coordinate with; down to making sure every last detail of our wedding day was PERFECT! The staff is organized and their response time is amazing!! They make the chaos of wedding... Read More planning easier to bear! It was truly our fairy tale wedding! Such an amazing place to get married at. Our guests can not stop raving about It.

2017-07-17T11:56:48 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your fiance for your wedding. We love how down to earth you both were and it made for a stunning wedding day ... and we thank you for embracing the weather! Congratulations again and we look... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Alli S

Absolutely exceeded expectation! All of the members of the Ranch team helped with anything we needed and were there for any questions or even just support through the planning and wedding day!

2017-06-27T15:27:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad your day was perfect! Congratulations on your wedding and please come back to visit!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Janelle H

We couldn't have pictured a more perfect wedding day. If you want to wow your guests this is the place to be. We had beautiful weather and were able to have our ceremony in the apple orchard and arrive on the hitch wagon with our bridal party and parents. It's such an amazing... Read More feeling! Having the farm house to stay in the night before really lets you enjoy your whole wedding weekend! I cant say enough great things about the staff at Ironstone. Mark made me fall in love with the venue during our initial tour, you could feel the love he had for Ironstone. Jeremy did an amazing job making our day run so smoothly. They truly make you feel like your the only person getting married at Ironstone. C&J Catering blew away our guests with our reception and working with them is great as well. Evon is the best and is on top of her game! Just go visit it for yourself, you will fall in love instantly!!

2017-06-07T14:18:08 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure hosting you and your guests ... and what gorgeous weather you had! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and we are thankful that we exceeded your expectations! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Janel M

Ironstone Ranch was the absolutely amazing! Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and great to work with. They were always pleasant and responded to e-mails very quickly. They made the planning process a breeze and worked with us every step of the way. On our wedding day, my... Read More husband and I did not worry about a thing. We did not have to deal or worry about one logistical issue and the staff made our day run without a hitch. We got to do exactly what we needed to do on our wedding day: enjoy, relax, and party! Not only is the staff excellent, but the venue is absolutely gorgeous! The grounds are the perfect place to get married. Our wedding day was cloudy and rained off and on, however, the ranch was still beautiful and our pictures turned out perfect! All of our guests absolutely loved the venue and could not stop talking about it the entire night. By far the, best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing to get married at Ironstone Ranch.

2017-05-24T07:31:19 Response from the vendor

Janel - your wedding was perfect and we thank you for choosing us to share it with you! Thank you for taking the time to review us and we wish you and the husband all the best! Congratulations again and we hope to see you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 LAUREN D

Ironstone Ranch is an amazing venue. Pictures do not do it justice you have to see for yourself. The staff is awesome and so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Alexis is so tentative and stays in contact throughout the entire planning process. Mark and Jeremy are... Read More soo accommodating and have the day-of coordination down to a science. I was a little nervous at first about not having a day-of coordinator and just wondering how the whole day was going to come together, but they eased my nerves with every meeting. And the wedding day was like a fairy tale. Every thing went so smoothly and Mark and Jeremy did a great job of coordinating everything. We've gotten so many compliments on our venue, even from guests who did not attend and only saw pictures.

2017-05-17T13:55:07 Response from the vendor

Lauren, we loved your wedding and getting to know you in the planning process! What a special day it was! Thank you for taking the time to review and we look forward to seeing you back at the ranch soon!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 John N

We had the most amazing experience with Ironstone Ranch. From planning to the actual day they helped us with the entire process. We highly recommend the ranch, it is worth every penny!

2017-05-16T14:02:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review and it was our pleasure hosting your wedding! Congratulations again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Dawn S

I am a mother of a Bride that was married at Ironstone last weekend. I can't say enough about this venue. The property is spectacular. The staff is friendly, accommodating and genuine. They attended to every detail, even ill grandma who needed some special care throughout... Read More the day. The carriage ride for Dad and Bride, just prior to the wedding, was a treasured treat for both. The "presentation" of the bride at the mini-barn was breath-taking with sunlight streaming in when the large doors were opened. The farmhouse provides lots of space to prepare hair, dress, etc.; and, the kitchen was perfect to keep the bridal party fed. It was truly an amazing day; many memories were created that we will treasure for a lifetime.

2017-04-20T15:06:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience with us. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and it sure was a beautiful one! We are so glad to hear that the day was perfect and that you are happy with choosing Ironstone... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Brittany R

Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing Ironstone Ranch is. The whole experience of working with Ironstone Ranch was phenomenal! The staff was great and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was perfect. They truly made my fairy tale wedding dream come true.... Read More I never thought it would happen, but with the help of everyone there, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and place to celebrate our love.

2017-04-06T07:34:23 Response from the vendor

Congratulations to you and your husband! What a gorgeous wedding you had! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience with our brides and we are looking forward to seeing you back at the ranch!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Melanie D

I couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding day! There are not words to express how amazingly wonderful my experience was with Ironstone Ranch. From beginning to end they were so accommodating with every little detail, question, and/or concern I had. Alexis was there for me... Read More to support me and encourage me no matter what time of the day it was. Mark helped figure out how I could get each part of my experience and still stay in my budget. Evon from C&J Catering was beyond what I could ever imagine. She answered last minute texts up to the day of the wedding. Made sure I was 100% happy with everything throughout the whole process. She even made sure that my husband and I ate and had our beverage of choice throughout the night. The stay in the Farmhouse was comfortable, relaxing, and surreal. Being brought up to my wedding in a horse drawn carriage was straight out of a fairy tale. All of my guests are still talking about their experience at Ironstone Ranch. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to hold a big event or wedding. There is not one thing that I would change about my experience with Ironstone Ranch. I'm sorry that this review is everywhere...but I am still so amazed with the whole thing. I am on cloud 9 and so in love with everyone at Ironstone Ranch!

2016-12-20T16:53:52 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure having your wedding with us! It was so beautiful and we thank you for taking the time to review! All the best to you and your wonderful new husband!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Jaimie B

My husband and I fell in love with Ironstone from the moment we came out to visit- it was the only venue that we had to see to know that we would not find anything better. From the moment you drive onto the property you will feel just how special it is! The staff are the very... Read More best. Leading up to the wedding, we felt nothing but positive vibes and had a totally positive experience in all of the planning stages. They are truly able to make your vision a reality. The day of, their coordinator took care of every small detail- she directed the entire wedding party and the bride and groom to where they needed to be at all times, all the while coordinating all of the different vendors- catering & flowers (both by C&J Catering whom they work closely with all the time, both in the planning stages and during the event), photographers, and the band. We were constantly being checked in on to ensure that everything was going exactly how we envisioned it. Highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a charming, rustic wedding.

2016-11-14T10:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your wonderful experience with us! What a pleasure it was having you and your guests for your gorgeous fall wedding! Congratulations to you both and we wish you a lifetime of love and laughter! All the best... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sara S

The staff at Ironstone Ranch make it easy for you to relax and enjoy the process of planning and experiencing your wedding day! I liked that I didn't have to find things separately - a linen rental company, a caterer, a wedding planner, etc - They take care of all of it! I was... Read More concerned that they have an in-house vendor they require clients use, but was SO relieved when I read the reviews from past brides, and had our menu tasting. The food was delicious, the staff were friendly and professional, and our day went off without a hitch!

2016-10-31T11:35:30 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that our staff and Ironstone exceeded your expectations for your wedding day. It was our pleasure having you and your guests and we thank you for taking the time to review us! We wish you nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ashley G

I would recommend this venue to everyone!! My husband and I got married 9/24/16 at Ironstone Ranch and our day was absolutely perfect!! I really can even find the words to describe how amazing this venue along with its staff, and catering company (C & J Catering) are. When we... Read More first stepped foot on the property we both knew this was the place we would say "I Do." Between the setting itself and the welcoming feeling that we received it made our decision very easy. All our trips to the ranch, along with speaking with Alexis to plan our day, as well as everytime we spoke with Evon (our catering Coordinator ) from C &J Catering, were so relaxed and easy to plan. Both responded so fast and made the entire planning process so smooth! We rented the farm house for the night before and the night of our wedding and love it ! It was so clean, comfortable, and beautiful. Staying there made getting ready so relaxing! The morning of our wedding I had a few mistakes in amount of flowers for the decor for the ceremony site. Mark, Jeremy, and Evon went out of their way to make sure I didn't stress about any of it and took care of everything for me!! It also was very nice to know that the money we paid was going to Brittany's Hope, an organization that you can tell the ranch cares very much about!! The food, service, and kindness at this venue is truly amazing, if we could do it all over again we could 100% say it would still be at Ironstone. We still receive compliments weeks later from friends and family about how perfect everything was and how its one of the best weddings they've ever been to!! Thank you so much for everything, everyone at Ironstone ranch does, our day was perfect in every way !! We are so happy and thrilled to be a part of the Ironstone family and cant wait to go back and visit the property for a trail ride or just to walk around!!

2016-10-18T09:35:19 Response from the vendor

Ashley it was our honor to have you share your wedding day with us! We are so glad that your experience was as positive and exceeded your expectations! You had such a beautiful wedding and you deserved that! Thank you for taking the time to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Octavia B

If you are looking for a rural barn or orchard wedding I highly recommend this spot. The staff is kind and quick o respond to any forms or questions I have. They were flexible and worked with our community and our vendors to make our day amazing. However, it is the personal care... Read More they put into each wedding that makes you feel like you are a family. Also, they have strong connections with vendors that have fair prices and it makes wedding planning much easier.

2016-10-18T09:37:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! We are happy to know that your wedding day was perfect and that you are pleased with your choice of Ironstone! Congratulations again on your wedding and we wish you nothing but... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Amanda C

My husband and I got married at the Ironstone Ranch last weekend and it was absolutely perfect. Your wedding day is supposed to be the absolute best day of your life and ours was thanks to the Ironstone Ranch staff and their partner C&J Catering. Jeremy worked with us through... Read More countless visits, rehearsal, and our wedding day. When it came to the day of he was willing to do anything for me! He even fluffed my train before walking into the mini barn for the ceremony. Alexis worked with me behind the scenes and was always prompt to contacting me back in a timely manner. I cannot say enough wonderful things about what the Ironstone Ranch staff did for us on our wedding day. All of our guests were very pleased with the site, many said it was the best barn wedding they have been to! I would do it all over again because it was such a wonderful experience!!!

2016-10-18T09:39:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience! We are so thankful that we were able to share your day with you and give you the service that is deserved. Congratulations on your wedding and we hope to see you back at... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Aundrea R

My husband and I were married at the Ironstone Ranch in September 2016. They were fantastic to work with. From the moment we first stepped on the property, they treated us like family. My bridesmaids and I stayed at the farmhouse on site the night before the wedding. It was... Read More clean, and elegantly decorated. It was amazing to have a place to settle down the night before and have a stress free experience. For our rehearsal, Jeremy was there every step of the way to show everyone where to go and what to do. I was so grateful to have his experience! The Ironstone truly has the wedding experience down to a science. For our wedding day, everything was exactly how I imagined. The Ironstone was well organized, and made sure my day went smoothly. And the ranch itself was just as gorgeous as I imagined it. With the help of Ironstone, our wedding day was everything I dreamed of. I would highly recommend them for weddings and other events. We will definitely be back!

2016-10-11T15:13:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review! We are so glad that your day was perfect and that you had a wonderful experience with us! Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you a lifetime of love and laughter! Enjoy married... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Julie S

Ironstone Ranch is a stunning property and can accommodate rainy weather should it be necessary. The Ranch is gorgeous and the horse drawn carriage and hitch wagons to carry the bride and bridal party are such a unique and beautiful feature. The staff/ranch hands at Ironstone... Read More are professional and extremely helpful. Our guests absolutely loved talking with them. My daughter's wedding was an elegant barn wedding and reception and the mix of the elegance with the long, scenic driveway/lane leading up to the venue, the graceful rustic barns and orchard, the friendly donkeys mingling with guests, the experienced staff at Ironstone, the carriages, the decorations.....I'm telling you - it was magical! I would do it over again at Ironstone Ranch in a minute. The photo loop around the property is a nice touch and the resulting pictures are stunning. Even without a photo loop, the grounds themselves immediately around the barn, mini-barn, orchard and farmhouse are spectacular. My daughter and her bridesmaids stayed in the beautifully renovated farmhouse the night before the wedding. Being able to relax in that setting and do hair/make-up the next morning was perfect! The staff is very accommodating and were very good about working with my daughter's vision since we switched things up a bit with a first look and some other aspects. The fact that Ironstone has a philanthropic purpose is extra special and was very well received by our guests. If I could give more rating stars, I would! You absolutely cannot go wrong having a wedding at Ironstone Ranch.

2016-09-16T08:31:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Ironstone! We are so glad that your daughter's wedding day was a dream and we were able to be a part of it! We hope to see you back at the ranch sooner... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Erika S

My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect day! Everyone at Ironstone and C&J Catering went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day. Nothing was overlooked. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

2016-09-16T08:32:17 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that you both had a wonderful wedding day, it was a pleasure having you and your guests on the ranch to celebrate your love! Congratulations on your wedding and we look forward to seeing you soon! Thank you for taking the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Amanda E

On August 28, 2016 we had the great pleasure of being married at Ironstone Ranch and words cannot even begin to express our gratitude & appreciation for their team. Even before we contacted the Ranch team via email to get some details, we just knew in our hearts that this was... Read More the place we were going to get married. Ironstone Ranch was our first & ONLY venue that we looked at & we couldn't be happier with our choice! From day one, Alexis made sure we had all of the information needed, she checked in with us often to see how wedding planning was going, & also reminded us that if we needed anything to just reach out. She also made sure to let us know that we could visit the Ranch as many times as we needed before the wedding, which we took full advantage of! We would spend a few hours on Saturday morning's freely roaming the property and talking to the staff about our big day & how excited we were. The fact that the staff encourages you to visit as often as you'd like was beyond awesome because it showed us how much they care for their soon-to-be brides & grooms & they wanted to actually get to know us! With every visit we made, Mark and Jeremy always assured us we would be taken care of & that they would make our day as special as it could be.... And they definitely lived up to their word!! The day went by flawlessly!! "Cowboy Jeremy", as he's now referred to in our family, was absolutely amazing to work with day-of. Right before the reception introductions, our ringer bearer was getting a little tired/cranky & he for whatever reason didn't want to be introduced without wearing a cowboy hat like Jeremy's. Without any hesitation, Jeremy was off & before you knew it he came back with his step-son's cowboy hat for JJ to borrow! Our ringer bearer was SO thrilled & let "Cowboy Jeremy" know that he'd get it back before the end of the night. It was THE sweetest thing I've ever seen!! JJ now wants his next birthday party to be "cowboy themed" all because of "Cowboy Jeremy" and the Ranch! Ironstone Ranch & their team don't disappoint!! We HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who will listen!! The venue is absolutely stunning and we couldn't have asked for a prettier day for our wedding day! We love you all for going above and beyond to make our day super special. Everyone two weeks later is STILL raving about the Ranch and how kind everyone was! Thank you again for everything!!!

2016-09-12T14:49:33 Response from the vendor

You are too kind with your words! Thank you for taking the time to review and share your special experience with other potential brides. We are so glad your wedding was a dream come true and we knew Ironstone was the perfect fit for you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Arielle R

The staff at Ironstone Ranch and Alexis at C&J Catering were extremely helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and during the event. I live out of state and Jeremy and Alexis were very flexible when it came to dates for coming to see the venue and the final walk... Read More through. My husband and I continue to get compliments on our venue from family and friends who attended the wedding. Everyone loved having the animals and were in awe of the barn. It was a flawless evening and I believe most of that was due to the staff and their dedication to you. Jeremy made sure all my concerns were heard and followed everything I wanted. I could go on and on with compliments, but I am so happy I chose Ironstone for my wedding! I could not imagine a better place to begin your life with someone you love with all your friends and family in attendance.

2016-09-06T15:29:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful thoughts on the ranch and your experience with us! We are so glad that your wedding day was perfect! It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to seeing you at the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Danielle F

We couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for our big day. The staff was amazing and helped to ensure that everything ran smoothly. They even made it possible to still have an outdoor ceremony after typical August rain surprised us. Mark and Jeremy really go above and... Read More beyond to ensure that the day is what you want it to be and that you are enjoying the moment.

2016-09-02T12:18:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad that your day was perfect and that our staff exceeded your expectations to make your day was memorable. Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Krystle B

Our wedding day at the Ironstone Ranch was just as beautiful and magical as Mark and Jeremy said it would be and then some! We knew it was the venue for us the minute we drove down that long driveway with the beautiful scenery. The property is just amazing! You will have some... Read More gorgeous photos to look back on and will get to relive your special day all over again. The fact that their net proceeds goes to such a wonderful non-profit organization makes it an even better choice for a venue! The staff are down to earth, super friendly and very helpful. Our guests raved about the ranch and our wedding for weeks! It truly was a magical day.

2016-08-24T14:40:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time for your wonderful review! We are so glad you chose to spend your wedding day with us and that is was perfect!