Island Getaways, a Worldwide Award-Winning Agency!

We are the Top Producers for Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Worldwide for Sandals & Beaches Resorts and Karisma Resorts. Island Getaways will make your dream honeymoon or wedding the best it can possible be and our services are FREE! Providing the ultimate "Island Getaway" is our responsibility and our commitment to you. We have arranged hundreds of destination weddings and honeymoons coordinating with the finest resorts in the Caribbean to ensure we achieve your dream.

Honeymoon, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Honeymoon Planning

Chicagoland & Nationwide, IL (262) 781-1748

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 John G

Nancy Finn and her team at My Island Getaways were amazing planning our Honeymoon! Nancy helped us pick the perfect destination and it was exactly what we wanted and more! Nancy had been to Sandals Grande Antigua many times so she was able to give us first hand information about... Read More the resort, the rooms and the best things to do around the area! The resort was amazing, the employees were fabulous and the island was beautiful just like Nancy described! I highly recommend using My Island Getaways and look forward to using them again in the future!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Shalina C

Nancy Finn made our destination wedding dreams come true. Working with her was a pleasure every step of the way., not only us but for all of our guests as well. Trust me our guests tested her and she excelled every time! We will book all of our trips through her in the... Read More future.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Shannon M

My husband and I used Nancy and the team at My Island Getaways to book our group for our destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. If you are looking for a travel agent (wedding, honeymoon, anniversary or just a week away in paradise) who is a step above the rest, look no... Read More further. Nancy was the first and only travel agent I considered when I started my wedding planning journey. From my first conversation with her, I knew my entire wedding group was in good hands. She continued to blow me away throughout the year and a half we worked together. She was so patient with my entire group. Some had never traveled outside the US, so the concepts of international travel, hotel transfers and all-inclusive were new to them. She always took the time, even on off hours, to answer every question. She was so flexible and an incredible problem solver. She was always happy to accommodate any request I had…..and I had a lot. Because we had booked so early, we had a few room change requests. A few were unable to attend (due to pregnancy & Zika) and Nancy was able to book other people in their place so they got their money back. Our resort sold out months before our wedding and managed to secure more rooms for our guests who were slow to book. Planning a wedding via email has its challenges, but Nancy always had our back. The resort suspended one of the wedding promotions that we booked under and she ensured that the resort honored it. She was also able to book our onsite wedding coordinator meeting in advance, which rarely happens. Nancy’s relationships with the resort and Lomas proved to be incredibly important. She surprised my husband and I with a limo upgrade hotel transportation and secured room upgrades for our ENTIRE group. The resort knows when an Island Getaway group is coming and you are treated like VIP. The service didn’t stop after our trip was over. She called immediately after we returned and took a genuine interest in our experience. A piece of décor went missing and she contacted the resort on my behalf to locate it. Her passion is apparent in the work she does and she truly goes above and beyond to make sure her clients are happy. She values relationships over the sale - which is rare these days. Do yourself a favor – book with Nancy…she will ensure you have a trip of a lifetime. I know we cannot wait to work with Nancy again!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Kelsey B

Nancy was absolutely great to work with! We had no idea what to expect when planning our destination wedding to Jamaica. Nancy and her staff took care of everything for us and made sure we knew exactly how to prepare and what to expect. Our guests all had great things to say... Read More about her work as well. There's no way we could have done it without her!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Kara K

I was referred to Nancy Finn at My Island Getaways via a friend who she also planned a destination wedding for. I had spoken to a couple of other not so helpful travel agents prior who basically sent me on my way with a ton of brochures and pamphlets for dozens of resorts all... Read More over the place. I was totally lost at where to go, what to do, etc. Nancy and her team were diligent in helping me and all of my guests (some were a bit "difficult"), even as far as to get a last minute room in a sold out resort (El Dorado Royale) the week prior to our wedding! The resort was perfect, everything went seamlessly, she got several upgrades for us for free including a limo to and from the airport, extras in our room, etc. I have referred multiple friends to her since then and have even gone back to El Dorado Casitas for an anniversary trip in 2016 and we're going back again this Dec. as well! Island Getways goes out of their way to get you the best rates at the perfect resort, takes calls all hours of the day and they all truly seem to love their work. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Denise B

Working with Nancy Finn at Island Getaways was the best choice I made. She helped me make my wedding at Beaches Turks and Chaicos perfect. Thank you Nancy....

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Whitney L

Nancy was great! She was so helpful in not only booking but helping us select our resort as well. Great with answering questions- easy experience working with her and amazing honeymoon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Nat J

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in St. Lucia. We contacted Charmaine from Island Getaways and she was awesome. She made all of our honeymoon dreams come true. She took the time to listen to our must haves and dreams for our honeymoon. She made some... Read More suggestions to us and from those, we chose Sandals Regency La Toc. She was spot on with this resort, as the property and the island of St. Lucia were absolutely beautiful and very romantic. While planning our wedding was stressful at times, Charmaine made our honeymoon adventure fun, easy and stress free. She was never more than an email or phone call away. It gave us peace of mind to have an advocate for us in the event of any travel problems. Plus, there was no extra charge to use her services and expertise. Charmaine has earned the position as our travel consultant for all our future needs. For me and my friends, it is the only way to go.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brian B

Tom and Nancy at My Island Getaways bent over backwards for us and all of our wedding guests. They would stay up until after midnight working with our guests on the last day of the discounted rate to get everyone booked- and that is just one example of how they made our... Read More destination wedding as smooth as possible. They also hooked us up with the best room possible and several complimentary goodies (wedding package with discounted spa services, romantic candlelit beachside dinners, Moet champagne sent to our room, etc.). I wouldn't recommend doing a destination wedding unless they are involved to get the most out of your travel plans!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Michael M

We had a great honeymoon in Antigua thanks to Aimee at Island Getaways. I do a lot of traveling and originally I was just going to book everything for our honeymoon, but since I had never been to the Caribbean and was a little overwhelmed with our options we decided to go with... Read More a pro and boy am I glad we did. We gave Aimee a list of what we were looking for in a honeymoon destination and she came back with a few recommendations that suited what we were looking for. We decided to go with the Sandals Ochi resort in Jamaica and Aimee was great to work with as she booked our room, travel, and excursions. All was good to go until the day before our wedding and three days before our honeymoon when Hurricane Matthew starting heading towards Jamaica and was expected to make landfall around the same time that we were scheduled to arrive. I called Aimee and she was already working on other options for us. She called and texted us to keep us up to date on our options and allowed us to focus on our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony while she did all the last minute changes for our honeymoon. We announced to our guests at the rehearsal that we were playing “honeymoon roulette” because we weren’t sure where we were going but we would know something soon. Sure enough, Aimee came through for us and got us booked at Sandals Antigua. Really, the hurricane may have been a blessing in disguise. Aimee was able to get us booked in a rondeval room with butler service and a private pool, quite an upgrade from what we originally paid for in Jamaica! I was thoroughly impressed as Aimee worked late into Friday night and well into Saturday and Sunday to make sure that all of our details were updated. Come Monday morning we were able to depart for our honeymoon just like we originally planned thanks to some awesome last-minute heroics by Aimee. The Sandals resort was fabulous and we said we would definitely like to go back to that one or even try a different location; either way we will definitely be going thru Aimee again when the time comes!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 CHRISTINA N

I believe I found Nancy Finn with Island Getaways via search engine but I can't be certain. All I am CERTAIN of is I made the RIGHT & BEST choice in working with Nancy & Island Getaways! Nancy is located in Brookfield, WI & I am located in Northern Illinois. We worked together... Read More completely over the phone & through email & social media & although we never officially met in person, she was very accessible & easy to work with. Nancy from the beginning will become your best friend with her laid back, open-minded, fun & friendly attitude & she is so knowledgeable & well-connected. Talking with her is like talking with an old friend you've known for years. She just puts a stressed out bride at ease! She & her team will go above & beyond for their bride & groom & guests to make everyone happy & we felt it the whole time. She is responsive with emails, texts, calls &social media. She was also very understanding with various changes made along the way (I changed my destination from Turks & Caicos to Mexico & then changed my booked resort to another resort I liked better). She also is so well-known in the industry &has excellent connections to really ensure her clients are treated royally & have experiences & amenities that other travel agents or destination wedding planners just can't offer. She went above &beyond to fight for things I wanted for my wedding or things were not right or okay, she would get in contact with whoever she had to make things right. All my guests (All 37 of them that booked, plus the other 20+ who called her to get info or booked but backed out for other reasons)) who worked with her to get their trip planned were very happy and enjoyed chatting with her on the phone. Nancy is a godsend & I consider her a friend. She & her team are reliable, knowledgeable, friendly, trusted, well-connected & well-respected. I highly recommend Nancy Finn& Island Getaways to anyone across the country and the world, to assist with your destination wedding & trip planning!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Hope V

Charmaine George with Island Getaways is incredible. Because of her dedicated service our wedding and honeymoon at Sandals Ochi Beach Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica was beyond a dream come true. Months after the wedding I have guests going out of their way to tell me what an... Read More incredible experience the wedding/vacation was from start to finish. Even people who didn't attend the wedding have told me they heard the rave reviews. Spoiler alert: that was all because of Char! My husband even thinks I was an easy bride (hah!). Char has her heart in this and I think that's what makes her stand out from the rest. She heard what I wanted and made it happen. Let's be honest though, helping me through wedding planning was probably a fraction of the responsibility that she dominated. We had almost 60 people at our wedding. That means she coordinated nearly 60 people's vacation plans for ONE EVENT....flawlessly. *mind blown* Look, there are a lot of agents out there you could gamble on. If you like gambling on your wedding/vacation have fun! However, if you're like me and you want to cut to the chase and have the best of the best I urge you to contact Char as soon as you can. One conversation with her and you will feel how I felt in the beginning of my planning stage: relief (you may want to hug her too). Char- if/when you read this, please know you helped make the best day and vacation of my life an unforgettable one not only for me but for everyone it touched. For you I am forever grateful!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda W

We decided to use Island Getaways because of the excellent reviews. Island Aimee was our contact and after working with her, we will never use a travel agent again. She never contacted us unless it was to ask for payment. We started planning our honeymoon about 1.5 years... Read More ahead of time and she recommended a time frame for when flights should be the cheapest and that time came and went with no contact from her. It was the same with trying to choose a resort and my husband did most of the work. Don't waste your time here.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Liz S

I booked my destination wedding at Azul Fives in Mexico with Charmaine George of My Island Getaways and it was the best decision I made. She was so instrumental in my entire wedding planning process. She acted as more than just a travel agent but she was my advisor and the... Read More person in my corner that I could always count on to fight for me when the resort gave me a hard time with any aspect of the wedding at all. She was very knowledgeable in the resort and wedding process and my guide throughout this whole experience. If she did not know something, she would immediately find out and get back to me with an answer. She was great with my guests, always available and willing to answer any questions they had. She took care of all my guests bookings and was so organized which I really loved! She would send me updated spreadsheets from time to time with my guest bookings, dates, names, details...whatever I needed. This was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, knowing she had that portion of my wedding planning taken care of. Also, I know some of my guests weren't the easiest to deal with (they aren't even for me! Lol) but she handled every situation very well. I had many late bookings and room switches but nothing was ever a burden... She was always ready and willing to help in any way she could. My wedding was about a month ago and there are credits and refunds I still have pending from the hotel and even now, she's still in my corner making sure I receive every dime that is owed to me. I am eternally grateful to Charmaine for helping me plan one of the most important and memorable days of my life!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Amy

We had our wedding at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica with a group of 43. The wedding coordinator at the resort was beyond amazing and kind. She took great pride in her job. Charmaine George from Island Getaways helped us with all the planning back home. Due to my job it was... Read More difficult speaking on the phone and she was able to help me with most things via email. It was a great experience and if we had to redo it I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Gayle P

My husband and I always knew we wanted a destination wedding, and when we selected Grenada, we felt overwhelmed with resort choices. Picking the destination was easy, but how on earth do you select a venue without ever seeing it? How do you plan a wedding from afar without... Read More ever meeting any of the vendors or wedding coordinators? How do you know if the flowers will be fresh, the food will be tasty, and the wedding cake won't be dry? These were just a few reservations that went through our heads until we were referred to Nancy Finn and her team at Island Getaways. Within minutes of phoning her, our resort was selected, rooms were secured, and we were assigned our wedding coordinator. It was as simple as 1-2-3! We immediately felt a sense of relief. Nancy and her team held our hands through the entire process to ensure the planning was seamless. Anytime there was a glitch in the planning process Nancy would immediately intervene. We truly received the VIP treatment. Our wedding at Sandals LaSource Grenada was truly magical, and we owe it all to Nancy and her team. Island Getaways made all of our dreams come true on January 16, 2016. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day. We were made to feel like royalty not only on our wedding day, but throughout our entire stay at Sandals LaSource. We were stunned by the amount of attention and the level of service that not only we received, but our family and friends received as well. It was so magnificent that we already had Nancy at Island Getaways book our return trip to Sandals LaSource for our first anniversary. Thank you Island Getaways for making January 16, 2016 the absolute best day of our lives and a day we will never forget.

Reviewed on 5/14/2016

Nancy Finn and her agency (Island Getaways) never fail to make our vacations perfect. She really came through for us again. We traveled to Mexico with another couple. Nancy immediately got us a double upgrade for no cost. Then I informed her that our rooms were not near each... Read More other. She worked her magic and suddenly our rooms were right next to each other. Keep in mind, the resort told me that it was not possible to get the rooms near each other...

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Robin S

Nancy was great to work with for planning our honeymoon! She was easy to get a hold of, always responded quickly to any inquiry, and made planning the trip a breeze! We weren't quite sure what we were looking for when I contacted her, but she helped us find the best vacation... Read More within our budget. I'm pretty sure she's the reason we got a wonderful room at our hotel, too :) Definitely let her help you plan your honeymoon!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016

We booked our first trip out of the Country to Jamaica with Charmaine George from Island Getaways and she couldn't have made this trip any easier for us! She helped put us at ease with taking care of every detail! She even make sure we had a little something special in our room... Read More as she new we were celebrating our Anniversary. Char really listened to what we wanted and assured us that Whitehouse was what we would best be suited with. And it sure was! Our room was not only located perfectly for us, it was very nice. We can't say enough about the Staff at Whitehouse! They not only tended to our every need, they did it with a smile! My husband kept commenting to me that even the Gardeners would look up and say 'hello' when you passed them. Our Concierge called us almost every evening to see if we needed anything and if we were having a good time. The food at Whitehouse was very good and the servers even better! We had a great time with the entertainment staff and even stepped out of our comfort zone a few times and took part in their games at the pool and during the night time shows.We enjoyed a romantic couples massage on the beach at night which was the most relaxing thing ever! Our last day there we went on a Catamaran Cruise and had a blast! We used Club Mobay and that helped make the transition into and out of the Country so much more comfortable for us. This service will always be included in any future trips for us! If there was any negative at all, it would be the ride from the Airport to the Resort. It was long and the roads need so much work, but from what I heard from other vacationers, it's like that just about everywhere in Jamaica. Char made this first trip out of the Country so easy for us by sending tips and reminders about what we needed to bring, who and what to expect where and what to watch for. We highly recommend her and will book all future trips with her!

Vow Renewal at Beaches Turks & Caicos

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

Nancy Finn from Island Getaways was an absolute joy to work with as we planned our intimate vow renewal at Beaches Turks and Caicos. From making sure the staff knew about all of our plans and preferences to ensuring we had champagne and breakfast in bed in our (UPGRADED)... Read More room, Nancy made sure each detail of our trip was unforgettable. Our ceremony was small - just us and our three-year-old daughter - but we felt like royalty from the moment we arrived at the resort. Nancy helped us achieve our dream, even better than we could have imagined, and we couldn't be more grateful.

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Briana B

I worked with Char from Island getaways and she was amazing in answering all of our questions. She provided us with great options in our price range and the resort we ended up selecting was a perfect fit for what we wanted for our honeymoon.

A True (Professional) Getaway

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

My wife and I began planning our honeymoon a year ago with Nancy Finn from Island Getaways (myislandgetaways.com) and we could not have chosen a better destination for our honeymoon. And it did not cost extra to use Island Getaways! Nancy made sure that our flights were in order... Read More and that everything was planned out and ready with the resort before we ever got there. And when we got there we were absolutely amazed. She responded to any call or email with lightening speed and always went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Not to mention her knowledge of what to do and what not to do. It was absolutely invaluable in making sure we got it right the first time! Instead of our first trip to a Sandals Resort being a "trial run" we got to experience everything! She has earned a customer for life and I look forward to planning our next vacation through them!

The best travel agency!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sherly J

I picked this agency for our honeymoon based on the great review I read. I must say I have been very happy. We started rough on our first day of travel but this agency gave their best, above and beyond yo sort out the issue. Aimee was my consultant, she is very knowledgable... Read More about the places in carribean. Also kodus to the owner of the agency for helping us out and being very patient. Thank you guys! Even with hurricane joaquin we has the best honeymoon! Also I never even met them in person, and I still know they are the best!

Good experience

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie B

Had a good experience with Char. Booking our honeymoon was very easy and when we arrived and were not given the accommodations we expected/requested, she helped us quickly resolve the issue. Had a great trip!

GREAT Travel Agent!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jessica V

I worked with Nancy from Island Getaways when planning our Honeymoon to Turks and Caicos. Never using a travel agent before, I was unsure of what to expect. Nancy and her assistant took all the guesswork/stress/worry out of planning the Honeymoon for us. Looking back, I didn't... Read More even realize how easy they made it - and how much help having them truly was at such a busy time! They made Honeymoon planning process so unbelievably easy, and our Honeymoon was unbelievably amazing. Nancy was available to offer her opinion as well, which I greatly appreciated. I will surely be recommending Nancy and Island Getaways to friends in the future, and most likely even use them myself for future trips!

2015-10-23T13:10:53 Response from the vendor

It was so great working with you- I am so happy for both of you and wish you many happy years together! Here are some photos from this amazing honeymoon: https://apis.xogrp.com/media-api/images/cf0b9d7a-a6aa-4979-ab1f-a651d88a6595~rs_2001.480.fit

Nancy Finn

Nancy builds strong relationships with each and every one of her clients, who ultimately become her friends. Her charismatic personality is as inviting as the islands of the Caribbean, and has helped her to network and establish connections with top executives throughout the travel industry. Through these connections, and more than two hundred personal visits to the Caribbean, Nancy' s knowlege makes your dreams a reality.