Wedding Entertainment and DJ Company

At Island Sound our goal is to relentlessly eliminate awkwardness in each and every wedding and special event. We strive to always keep everything cool, comfortable and above all, FUN! With Island Sound, you have all of your wedding needs with one company. Check out all of our services by visiting our website.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Proudly serving: GA, FL, SC, NC, OH, & PA (877) 634-7725

Why isn't there a 6 star choice?

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

We used Island Sound for our music and lighting! They were awesome, professional and we got everything we asked for. They far exceeded our expectations. We totally recommend Island Sound for your wedding. *Hint: Ask for Mark or Gary.

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Sherry T

Believe everything you've heard. This group is awesome. I had Mark. He was so much fun and so professional. We got everything we asked for. We were nervous about the negative stereotypes that you associate with wedding DJs. You know, cheesy and stuff. But these guys... Read More were so cool. My guests raved about them. Thank You Island Sound. My husband :) and I would totally recommend them to any bride and groom.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Justin H

Island Sound is AMAZING!!!! This DJ was the best decision of the entire wedding! He made the wedding what it was - which was FUN!! I have had more people complement us on the music/DJ then anything else at the wedding. My sister even said that the DJ was the best wedding DJ she... Read More has ever heard. Seriously - the dancing did not stop until it was time to go. Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Taylor J

Island Sound was a great choice for DJs! The company was helpful and answered all of my questions. They made the process very easy to get ready for the big day. Our DJ was Henry and he rocked! He was always willing to answer my emails and work with me as an out of town bride.... Read More He played all the songs we requested and could keep the party going by reading the crowd. We can't thank Henry enough for all his help!.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kelly B

Love Island Sound! We had Patrick and he did such an amazing job! My wedding was even more fun than I had imagined it would be and Patrick played a HUGE part in making that happen! My guests had such a great time and still haven't stopped talking about it. Definitely recommend... Read More hiring them for any event!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Hillary M

So easy to work with during the planning process. Made the process of hiring an acoustic guitarist for part of our night extremely easy and that was relatively affordable. Our DJ Henry had one mini hiccup but recovered wonderfully and was extremely friendly and kept the dance... Read More floor going. They go out of their way to try and get to know the bride and groom before the big day to make the most of the the wedding night experience. Will recommend to anyone getting married in the Charleston/coastal GA-SC area!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Christina G

Drew from Island Sound was absolutely fantastic. All of our wedding guests were very please and happy with the music set chosen by Drew. I was also very pleased with the music atmosphere during the entire reception and ceremony. I would highly suggest using Island Sound! Great,... Read More great company!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Brittany M

I am so glad we went with Island Sound for our music choice for our wedding! My husband and I have particular taste in music and wanted to make sure we picked the right DJ that would play fun current music and not be cheesy. To start off the ceremony we hired a violinist and... Read More cellist through Island Sound to play the processional. They were amazing and it was such a special touch! Mark was our DJ for the reception and we could not have asked for someone better! He listened to all of our needs and discussed over the phone prior to the wedding every detail to make sure we were aligned. He even went out of his way to find the best acoustic version of the song I wanted for my father/daughter dance which I know was hard to find. I was so happy on our wedding day how fun the dance floor was, almost all our guests were out there dancing and looked like they had a blast. The music definitely had a huge part in that. Thank you so much Mark and Island Sound!!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Allison N

Island Sound was fantastic! We had Gary and he did a wonderful job. I was the bride and I probably should have done a little more schmoozing with my guests, but I couldn't leave the dance floor! We danced the night away--Gary gave us our second wind of energy to last the rest of... Read More the night after a long day of getting ready. He did a great job of reading the room and playing all the right songs to keep us dancing all night long! I highly recommend booking them!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Rachael R

I recently got married and I would totally recommend using Island Sound for any dj services. They were awesome! So easy to work with and the dj I got assigned for my wedding couldn't have been better! Blake listened to everything I wanted and delivered. I didn't leave the dance... Read More floor all night! It was perfect!!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Rachael R

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Jaicee H

Blake is awesome!! So easy to work with and very responsive. The staff at Island Sound were always so helpful.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Emily C

Island Sound was amazing!! We had Patrick Carver and he did such an awesome job, and really made the wedding run smooth. He was so professional and made our wedding so much fun!! I would definitely recommend booking them. They exceeded all our expectations!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Emily C

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Avery M

Had to post this as soon as I could. My wedding was yesterday and DJ Junior killed it! We wanted all of our guests to feel like they were at a dance party and he did just that. We told him exactly what we wanted and he was flexible even during the party when we had requests. Our... Read More guests have been texting non stop saying they had a great time. If you're looking to have the party of a lifetime, DJ Junior is your guy.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Colby D

Island sound was a great choice for our wedding! We had Graham and I would recommend him to anyone! He worked hard to contact us and make sure everything was to out liking. He was friendly and great at what he does! You won't be sorry!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Grace A

Amazing job! I heard about Island Sound through our venue and photographer. I thought they were going to be out of our budget, but I think I got some sort of deal. Any who... They were awesome. Our DJ showed up early and took care of everything. Honestly my only regret is... Read More that we hired a day-of-coordinator. She was helpful, but my DJ seemed to do most of the work.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Christina W

DJ arrived early and set up and definitely made my daughter's wedding a successful night of song and dance. More than accommodating in making the reception a hit. DEFINITELY Would hire again if I needed a DJ for an event. Thanks so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Biancia B

Justin was an absolutely incredible DJ!!! We also got our enclosed photobooth from Island Sound and it was a huge hit! Not only were Justin's music selections on point (he adjusted selections throughout the night to flex with the crowd and mood) but he was also incredibly... Read More funny and great on his toes. I could not be more pleased with our choice of DJ--thank you so much, Island Sound!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Annie A

Honestly, we had so many things go wrong at our wedding. I won’t go into that. But Island Sound wasn’t one of them. They were everything we had hoped for and more. Book Island Sound and don’t think twice. Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Margeaux D

Island sound did a phenomenal job at our wedding. From the ceremony to the reception, everything was perfect. The DJ was very professional and did a great job of keeping everyone on the dance floor and having a great time! I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Arthur S

BOOK ISLAND SOUND! Ha. No seriously. We had very high expectations when it came to our wedding. In particularly the dancing. Admittedly we were probably a handful, or dare I say, “Bride and Groom-ziila”. Haha. But they well exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Alexandra E

OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DJ COMPANY WAS BY FAR THE WORST THING ABOUT OUR WEDDING!!! My now husband and I planned a destination wedding on St. Augustine beach in Florida for Saturday, October 8th, 2016. As many might know, Hurricane Matthew hit St. Augustine the Thursday and... Read More Friday before our wedding date. Needless to say we weren’t going to be able to get married on the beach or have our reception at the St. Johns County Pier Pavilion like we had planned. This was an extremely stressful situation for us, as we are from Maryland! By the time we learned how “bad” this storm was going to be half of our guests were already in town and the other half was not going to be able to make it. So, our wedding had to go on and we worked diligently on Thursday and Friday to relocate. We ended up moving our reception to St. Johns County Golf course, which is approximately … miles from our original location. All of our vendors made it and didn’t give us any grief, other than Island sound of course. Justin Hershaw seemed positive that he would be able to accommodate this move up until the day of the wedding when he called my friend to cancel. I want to say first off that this was fine with us, upsetting but fine, as we wanted Justin and his crew to be safe first and foremost. Although our wedding would be that much worse without a DJ, safety always comes first in my book! I assumed Island Sound would refund our payment and all would be fine. However that was not what happened: It wasn’t until about a week after our wedding that we finally got ahold of Justin and he informed us we would not be receiving a full refund, he would reimburse us for a portion of our payment but not all of it. He said, “we weren’t able to make it to about 20 weddings on Saturday due to the Hurricane and if I refunded all of you my business would go under.” I am sympathetic but that isn’t my problem, he should have prepared for this. I mean his company is called Island Sound and what do islands have? Hurricanes. Three weeks after we spoke I learned that we would be receiving 50% of our payment. This is my response to Island Sound's response to my original post: First, I did not receive a full refund, I received 50%. Second, I never signed a contract. I received an invoice, I paid the invoice and that was it. I was told by Justin that if I hired/paid Island sound before the end of December 2015 that we would not have to sign their new contract, which would be effective in Jan 2016. They do have a cancellation policy on their invoice that I received that states "In the event you need to cancel, 50% of the amount paid will be refundable until 15 days prior to the event. Within 15 days of the event, no refunds will be given." However, we did not cancel and it is unethical to charge someone for services that you do not provide. I was never told that there was a "retaining fee" of nearly $600 in the event that Island Sound decided to cancel on you. I obviously can't use the credit towards a future event seeing as how we are from MD and would not be having a future event in FL. There was no reason that a DJ could not have been present at our wedding and we were forgiving that they opted not to come as they thought it was inconvenient / unsafe working conditions, but they should do the right thing and refund our money. Seriously....

2016-12-07T20:51:27 Response from the vendor

First and foremost, all monies owed were refunded to this client.  Hurricane Matthew did cause many problems that weekend. All of our clients whose events were disrupted by this unfortunate storm were either refunded all monies paid minus the retaining fee OR a full... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Ashley W

Outstanding! I wish my other vendors were as easy and fun to work with. Great company and team. The booking and planning process was simple and they gave us everything we were looking for.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Allison S

What a blast. I don’t think I’ve ever dance so hard in my life! Haha. Thank you Blake and Island Sound. You guys were awesome!

Justin Henshaw

A St. Simons Island native, Justin grew up on the Island and has spent most of his life there. He first worked as a Wedding DJ right after High School. After 9/11, Justin joined the United States Marine Corps and served 6 years in the infantry and participated in 5 combat tours overseas. After being Honorably Discharged, he returned home to St. Simons Island and started Island Sound. With the help of his team, he has grown Island Sound to the largest Wedding DJ company in the Southeast. He lives happily on St. Simons Island with his lovely wife Brie and their beautiful little girl Madison.