Full-Service Wedding Entertainment

At Island Sound our goal is to relentlessly eliminate awkwardness in each and every wedding and special event. We strive to always keep everything cool, comfortable and above all, FUN! With Island Sound, you have all of your wedding needs with one company. Check out all of our services by visiting our website.

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Sherry T

Believe everything you've heard. This group is awesome. I had Mark. He was so much fun and so professional. We got everything we asked for. We were nervous about the negative stereotypes that you associate with wedding DJs. You know, cheesy and stuff. But these guys... Read More were so cool. My guests raved about them. Thank You Island Sound. My husband :) and I would totally recommend them to any bride and groom.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Justin H

Island Sound is AMAZING!!!! This DJ was the best decision of the entire wedding! He made the wedding what it was - which was FUN!! I have had more people complement us on the music/DJ then anything else at the wedding. My sister even said that the DJ was the best wedding DJ she... Read More has ever heard. Seriously - the dancing did not stop until it was time to go. Perfect!

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Traci T

We are SO happy that we booked Island Sound for our big day. The DJ can really make or break a wedding, and our guests can't stop talking about how great our DJ Drew was! Drew was fantastic and really knew how to get our crowd onto the dance floor. We also utilized the GOBO and... Read More uplighting, which was an extremely easy process to add on to our package. Absolutely AMAZING! :)

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Caroline H

We LOVED Island Sound. Our DJ, Morgan, was adorable, kind, flexible, and punctual. He even dressed up in our colors which was extremely endearing. The DJ worked well with our day-of coordinators to ensure that everything happened in the proper order and on time. Ceremony music... Read More was flawless, too. Though we requested certain songs, we left most of the music up to Morgan, so he could read the crowd. It was a great idea because once the dance floor opened, it was FULL all night! There is nothing more validating after spending thousands of dollars and hours on a party to see your friends and family having a blast on the dance floor. Thanks so much Island Sound!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Jennifer Y

Island Sound is the best; I am so happy that we decided to hire them for our cocktail hour and reception this past weekend in Sanibel, FL. The office team at Island Sound was great and very communicative throughout. We had Drew (and an awesome assistant) as our DJs and they were... Read More amazing! I made it abundantly clear to Drew since the day he was assigned to our event that the music was the most important part of the night for us. Drew offered to get on a conference call with me and my husband 2 days before our wedding and we felt extremely confident about how he would perform after that call. He did not disappoint!! There were a few songs that came on that we did not want to hear but all we had to do was give Drew a thumbs down and he went on to the next one. We had an awesome time and everyone was up and dancing all night. We had guests telling us how much fun they had and many who informed us that that was the first time they've danced at a wedding in years, including my in-laws.. It was the best time and I would 100% recommend Island Sound to anyone looking to have a memorable and awesome night. :)

2018-02-07T08:10:56 Response from the vendor

We had a great night! Thank you so much for your review! Congrats again to you and your new hubby!

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Clay F

We recently attended a Wedding Engagement party for our Son and his Fiancee' where Island Sound provided the DJ service. The Music was excellently diverse and actually set the tone for a wonderful engagement for a Great Couple. I can't state enough how much fun everybody had,... Read More and how the DJ kept the audience engaged the full time, and through his professional experience, kept everyone laughing and dancing and truly enjoying each others company. Kudo's for an outstanding organization and for the owner who is both honest and sincere. If, and when, we have the next opportunity to be involved in any event planning, Island Sound will be the first and only business we will contact!! Thank you again for making our Sons Engagement so Outstanding Mr. Justin Henshaw!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2018

Island Sound is Awesome. I have attend numerous weddings and corporate events over my life. The entertainment is critical in setting the tone for the entire event. I have had the pleasure of attending two separate events where Island Sound was involved. Their... Read More professionalism and attention to detail were evident. The evenings were memorable in part to the "fun" everyone had at the event. I particularly was impressed with the transition from song to song - they kept the dance floor full!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Pilar V

We had Reills from the Island Sound at our wedding and we had such a great experience with him! We didn't want any vulgar music played, and he made sure of that even though one of our guests kept begging him to play profane music. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long... Read More and the music he played was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Ashley H

Our DJ did an amazing job from start to finish! He ran the music at my ceremony in a teeny tiny church, his introductions at the outdoor ceremony were great and he kept everyone dancing all night!! I 100% recommend them for any event becaue they rocked it at my wedding :)

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Jessica W

Island sound is amazing! Thank you so much for making our big day such a success. Our DJ had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and our guest keep raving about how awesome he was.

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Aubreigh R

Our DJ Drew did an excellent job tailoring the music to our event, placing the lighting to showcase different points of our venue perfectly and managed little unexpected mishaps very smoothly! Our guests loved the experience and Drew was a part of helping it all come together.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Ashley G

Honestly, it pains me to even take time out of my day to speak about this vendor for one second further because they aren't worth my time but then I think of the future brides and I would never want to wish upon them the service I have received from Island Sound. I booked this... Read More vendor through my wedding planner and the booking process was fairly simple. I wasn't sure how to prepare for booking a DJ, so I just trusted my planner that this was a trust worthy vendor. I saw on their website they had more than a handful of experienced DJs so I felt confident in my choice. Fast forward to the day of my wedding...as I'm finishing taking my photos during cocktail hour and about to enter my reception the DJ comes up to introduce himself. He also informed me that IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME EVER DJing. Absolutely not experience. I asked him if he could add a song and he told me he didn't even know how to work the computer system. I will say, that individual was a lovely person and was honestly trying his hardest. He was dressed very professionally and nice and tried really hard, but SOMEONES WEDDING IS NOT A TRIAL RUN. This was the biggest day of my life and although the company provided him with a playlist and equipment, I might as well have hooked my own Spotify playlist up to a speaker. I found out later that my original DJ booked was sick on the day of my wedding, so he was replaced with this new guy. I'm not sure why they couldn't have or didn't replace him with an experienced DJ, but it is not okay. He didn't know how to add any songs, my guests couldn't request any music, he didn't play our entrance song, you couldn't hear him make any announcements, and he was asking my bridesmaids what he was supposed to be doing....My father called their headquarters to complain that we paid for the price of a very experienced DJ and instead received a complete amateur (I mean when I tell you this guy literally told us that he had never DJed before), the business owner was extremely defensive and rude. They did not amend this situation in any way. It's not even about the money, it's about the missed moments of my wedding day that I can literally never get back. Not that there is anything that could have ever been done to amend ruining my reception moments, but they didn't even attempt to do so. Would never recommend them to another person and will continue to scream from the mountain tops and anywhere else to help avoid future brides pay for a dishonorable DJ service when they would honestly be just as good off hiring their teenage neighbor with an iPod and a speaker.

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Dustin D

Island Sound was great! We worked with Blake as our DJ and our wedding guest were on their feet dancing the entire time! Blake was very involved and contentious of us and our guests. Island Sound made the process from beginning to end incredibly easy for us. Highly... Read More recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Katie N

Island Sound was originally contracted as our sound technician, with no DJ/MC services. We had planned on creating our own Spotify playlists, relying on a family friend to handle MC duties, and have Island Sound play the music we selected. Three weeks before the wedding our... Read More family friend backed out and we were left with no one to make any announcements. We reached out to Island Sound and that same afternoon we had a conference call and they sent over a revised quote for the additional services. They were warm, so understanding, and incredibly professional! During our wedding we made impromptu timeline changes, but the music never faulted- they were able to read the room, anticipate our needs, and keep a low profile as we requested. They were amazing and I recommend them for any person looking for flawless music at their special event!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Brittany S

We had 2 songs on our “do not play list” played. Our first dance, father daughter dance, and mother son dance only lasted 45 seconds of the entire song. Our last dance song was never played, and the music played during the reception was not the type of music people would dance... Read More to. We wanted fun hip hop, top 40, rock, and country. We were very disappointed in the song choice of the DJ. We had 10 songs on our must play list, and maybe 4 were played. We also had a longer list of other songs we would like to hear but don’t have to be played, and there were 2 songs on the do not play list played. We had a very expensive wedding venue, and thrank goodness our photographer and videographer were incredible, because the DJ was disappointing. The ceremony music was perfectly fine, and our requested songs were played. That’s why I’m giving 2 stars and not 1.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Valerie S

Our DJ was so kind and cordial to everyone he worked with but unfortunately there were some mishaps. 1. The Officiant could not be heard by our guests. The lapel microphone needed to be higher up/louder and tested to see if it worked beforehand. 2. We did not have one of the... Read More songs played during the ceremony for our unity candle lighting. It is still a little unclear to me why this didn’t play but maybe reviewing the song list with the couple to make sure everything is in order beforehand would help. 3. While I understand we completed the questionnaire given by Island Sound, things change overtime. I worked with the wedding planners to finalize schedules and songs and I believe the DJ was given this new schedule. He seemed to be referring to the old questionnaire during the event so I am not sure if this caused some confusion during the evening. He came up to us a couple of times throughout the evening with questions. I appreciated him asking questions just to make sure it was right but I also felt like some of the questions were laid out in the schedule from the wedding planners. 4. We had asked our DJ not to explain the concept of the “Anniversary Dance” beforehand. I mentioned this in the e-mail and on the phone. Again, things happen which is fine, but maybe ensuring to write out notes on the schedule so nothing is missed. The dance worked out fine we just had intended the concept of the dance to be a surprise. 5. The mic kept going out for some reason and I appreciated him having the mic with the cord. 6. I am not sure if some of the “must play songs” were played during the cocktail hour but we did not hear a couple of them. Again, didn’t really bother us because he did a really great job with song selection, but this could be something that others really do not appreciate since we are asked to fill out the questionnaire. If they were played in the cocktail hour, maybe just tell the couple that some of the songs will not be played during the reception and that will change their selection. 7. I emailed Island Sound a list of my concerns/suggestions and I was told the owner would receive my message. That was in September and I still have not heard back... Positives: Easy to work with the company, very nice and responsive prior to the event Loved the uplights Song selection was great and had a good flow

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Katie T

Frankie is awesome! My mom actually used Frankie for her wedding, and he didn't disappoint at mine. I appreciated his musical knowledge and familiarity with the wedding ceremony/ reception process because everything ran so smoothly! The tunes were great and everyone enjoyed... Read More themselves! :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Samantha A

As a wedding planner, I want the best for our brides! We've used Island Sound for 2 events this past year and they are always quick to communicate, organized, and professional. The day-of our DJs arrived on time for set up, were very friendly, and kept the dance floor packed all... Read More night long! High recommended!

2017-11-29T15:55:17 Response from the vendor

We love working with you as well! Always a pleasure!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Annie K

Island Sound did a fantastic job with our wedding! Keegan was our DJ and worked with us to ensure the sound system would work in our unconventional outdoor wedding venue. His professionalism, flexibility, and music choices were perfect for our big day!

2017-11-29T15:54:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017

I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding at the Jekyll Island Convention Center. DJ Gary was phenomenal! Even though it was a small wedding, he got everyone on their feet dancing. By far the most fun I've had at a wedding. I'm not usually one to dance!

2017-11-16T11:38:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your review! It means the world to us that you had an amazing time!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Elena P

Island Sound provided the most stress-free part of my entire wedding planning process. The team was so helpful and allowed me to focus on other areas that needed my attention. This was very important to me, as I had no help planning my wedding. The DJ was professional, timely,... Read More and it was as if he could read my mind to exactly what songs I wanted played. I had forgotten to add a song to my "must play" and the DJ actually played it for our sparkler exit--I'll never forget that moment hearing that song and getting so excited! So impressed <3

2017-11-16T11:39:03 Response from the vendor

We're so glad to hear this! Thank you for your kind words!!! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Susan G

5 stars DOES NOT do Island Sound justice. After my first initial interactions with their office staff, I knew they would be our DJ for our beach wedding. Getting a quote was so easy and hassle free...I felt at ease. Getting closer towards the wedding day, Ben, our DJ reached out... Read More to us, asked a few questions to clarify our questionnaire answers. He was able to play on Driftwood Beach for our wedding, and did a FANTASTIC job at our reception. There wasn't a dull moment on the dance floor. Thank you, Ben and Island Sound for making our night extra special and stress free!

2017-11-16T11:40:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! We're overjoyed for you and your new husband. Congratulations again!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kayce L

Man, it kills me to write this review as IslandSound was one of the groups I was most excited to work with when I started wedding planning. To start with the pros, the office staff is very efficient and friendly and easy to work with. Always quick to touch base with any issues... Read More or when payments were due. The rest of our expierence was downhill from here. Upon meeting our assigned DJ, the first words he said to us were asking if we had someone assigned to tip him at the end of the night and that this is how he was paid. This was the first of several times gratuity was mentioned, to the point of pulling my groom off of the dance floor at the end of the night to confirm he had someone who was going to tip him. This made us pretty uncomfortable and disappointed to say the least. Our dj seemed overall unorganized, asking us for important details, which we had covered in the questionnaire weeks ago, right before the grand enterance, playing the incorrect song to open the dance floor, and playing the incorrect portion of our first dance song, ruining our choreographed dance. At one point, my dad (who payed the bill!) asked to make a speech for Veterans Day, which the dj declined and then made himself in an uncomfortable manor. Finally, at the end of the night he stopped the music and simply told everyone to leave, with no background music or instruction. Typically most DJs I have seen signal when it is the last song and give guests time to gather items, drinks, etc. Very uncomfortable. Overall disappointing experience.

2017-11-16T11:41:19 Response from the vendor

We're so sorry to hear about this. We take reviews very seriously and we're working hard to make sure this never happens again.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Rachel F

THE BEST! Ask for Bobby! He was amazing and had everyone on the dance floor! Would give them 10 stars!!

2017-11-16T11:41:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're so blessed with amazing brides and grooms!!! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelci H

Me and my husband got married at Jekyll Island Club Hotel on October 14. 2017. We had Gary as a DJ from Island Sound. He was unbelievable and kept our small crowd of 50 people dancing the entire night! He was so professional and was at the venue even before the ceremony... Read More started (2 hours before he was contracted) and also he was super fun. I highly recommend Island Sound!

2017-10-23T15:03:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review, Kelci! We had a blast!!!

Justin Henshaw

A St. Simons Island native, Justin grew up on the Island and has spent most of his life there. He first worked as a Wedding DJ right after High School. After 9/11, Justin joined the United States Marine Corps and served 6 years in the infantry and participated in 5 combat tours overseas. After being Honorably Discharged, he returned home to St. Simons Island and started Island Sound. With the help of his team, he has grown Island Sound to the largest Wedding DJ company in the Southeast. He lives happily on St. Simons Island with his lovely wife Brie and their beautiful little girl Madison.