Is this your business? claim it now

It Takes the Cake

Erie, PA

3018 State Street, Erie, PA (814) 455-5055

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Karin W

Three flavors of cake were all delicious! The cake was so beautiful we didn't even want to cut it! We had more cake than we needed and it was still all gone and everyone raved about it. Plus they give you a free anniversary cake. Great to work with!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Erin L

The best frosting in town! After our wedding we hade people asking for weeks where we got our cake from!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

The cake Wendy made for our reception was so good. She decorated it beautifully, delivered it on time and it was reasonably priced. We're so happy we chose It Takes the Cake and would recommend to all.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Dara M

We got 4 desert cakes from Wendy for a cake desert bar at our wedding: German chocolate, Red Velvet, Marble cake with peanut butter mousse, and Coconut cake with pineapple mousse. They were all delicious and all disappeared quickly! We had 1 slice of coconut cake left at the end... Read More of the wedding. My husband and I did not even get to try the other 3 cakes. My guests also gave the cakes rave reviews. My younger cousins loved the peanut butter mouse with marble, the red velvet icing got praise, and I thought the coconut cake and pineapple mousse (with little chunks of pineapple inside) tasted like a pina colada, my favorite drink. I would definitely recommend them. They were pretty easy to work with and coordinated well with my venue coordinator.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kayla K

Wendy Adams is phenomenal! She was sooo enthusiastic about the design of the cake that it made me even more excited. Her design was perfect, and the taste was amazing. We had so many compliments. It was moist and delicious. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Julia P

Wendy was great to work with. She was able to create the perfect cake for our wedding and still kept us in budget. She was familiar with working with our venue and I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. We also received tons of complements on the cake flavors as well.... Read More We're looking forward to our 1 yr. anniversary cake from her!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Mindy G

Wendy Adams is an amazing baker and a phenomenal wedding cake vendor! My husband and I learned about her through a family friend and could not be more pleased with her work and her cake! She did my shower cake as well as our wedding cake and we cannot wait until our one year... Read More anniversary to get our fresh cake as she does not believe in eating a year old frozen cake. I highly recommend her and her services for weddings and any other bakery need! Thank you Wendy!!!!

Beautiful (and tasty) Cake... For a GREAT Price

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Lisa B

They were a joy to work with and gave us an entire cake to taste. On our wedding day, the cake was more beautiful than I could imagine and was delicous... We got many compliments. Also, they give you a free cake on your anniversary!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 jessica l

Wendy is amazing! My husband doesn't like cake, but loved hers. It really is the best cake we have ever tasted. She includes a small topper cake at your consultation then another for your one year anniversary. Go out of your way to book her as your baker. She does not do fondant... Read More but you truly can not tell the difference because she is that good.

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Lisa E

Owner Wendy Adams did a fabulous job on my wedding cake. We had one meeting where I flipped through books and picked things I liked and didn't like from previous cakes she had made. From those ideas, she sketched up what my perfect cake would be. It was so classic and elegant... Read More and tasted delicious! We ordered a 3 tier cake with a different flavor for each tier. When we got to the reception the cake was in place perfectly. She was like the cake fairy. She came in, set up, and you would have never even known she was there. We didn't have to call her for anything because everything went so perfect. I would not have changed a thing. Great quality and great service!

delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Bethany W

Wendy made the cupcakes for my bridal shower, the cake for our rehearsal dinner and the wedding cake and cake pops for our reception - all were beautiful and delicious. Her prices are also extremely reasonable and she is wonderful to work with.

Delicious

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Amy S

Delicious cake. She worked with well with the florist and reception hall. I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Review for Wendy Adams

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Nicole L

she gives you a 6 inch cake to 'taste' and makes you a new topper for your 1yr anniversary - no need to save it! she does it out of her house and is VERY reasonable. she also does a very light frosting.;Wouldnt warn about anything - we jsut thought that there was not enough... Read More filling in the cake.