It's a Wonderful Life Weddings SA

San Antonio/Austin Metros, plus the entire Hill Country.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

2739 Summit View, San Antonio, TX San Antonio/Austin Metros, plus the entire Hill Country. (210) 712-5458

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Tish L

My new wife and I had looked around for awhile to find a pastor to perform our ceremony. When we first met with Pastor David, and his wife in their beautiful home, they welcomed us graciously and made us feel comfortable and, at home. They took the time to get to know us, to... Read More understand what this day meant to us, and what he created in the ceremony was perfect. The highlight of the entire experience was a couple of days later, when I was asked by a guest at our wedding who the pastor was and they commented: "He (Pastor David) seemed like he really wanted to marry you two, it was almost like he was just as proud to be there as you and your wife". I could not have described him any better. Thank you, Pastor David, for making our day even more special.

2017-11-08T12:40:04 Response from the vendor

Mark, thank you so much for those kind words. I really enjoyed working with you both, and the wedding by the river was out of this world. Thank you again, and have a wonderful life together.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Sue K

What a great night! Everything was perfect! The ceremony was very nice, it was just what we were looking for. We had a surprise wedding in the middle of our Halloween costume Party. Pastor Barger and his wife Elaine blended into the party wonderfully. They came in costume... Read More also. When it came time for the wedding he took off his funny tie and hat and became the "pastor" I could have not asked for a better ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Katy R

Pastor David was the perfect choice for our wedding day! We wanted someone who would personalize our ceremony, and he worked with us with our several changes. I received many complements after our ceremony, with guests commenting on how fantastic he was and wondering where we... Read More found him! We just couldn’t have found a better officiant, hands down.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Paul S

Pastor Dave was great. Well written speech and delivered it like a pro. I would highly recommend him.

2017-10-24T19:27:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you. This couple was so in love.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Lamont K

Simply a Pro. Understands the ebb & flow of wedding ceremonies. Doesn't rattle, very poised. Great inflection and clarity of speech; but, folksy enough to feel like he's been the family's preacher for years. You only get one chance to get a wedding ceremony right, roll the... Read More dice on a sure thing, HIRE Pastor David Barger!

2017-10-24T11:30:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much. I know your daughter was pleased with the ceremony and you did a great job planning everything out.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Julian G

I contacted Pastor David the before our wedding due to the previous officiant backing out for reasons I won't go into. He agreed to do the ceremony and was amazing! Things happen for a reason!

2017-10-23T10:49:24 Response from the vendor

I am so glad that you contacted me. This was a wonderful, funny, loving couple that I just loved. Have a wonderful life.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Cindy H

We went to a nice simple wedding that was officiated by Pastor David Barger of It's A Wonderful Life Weddings. Not only was his message compelling, but the ease of which he delivered it was talked about at the reception afterward. I know if I ever need an officiant, he will be... Read More my pick.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

Pastor David was amazing. He work through my daughters concerns and wrote a beautiful ceremony that we are still talking about. You can’t go wrong with him.

2017-10-12T15:50:46 Response from the vendor

This wedding was last weekend, and I really enjoyed working with both the couple and their parents.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Jais M

Pastor David did a phenomenal job with our ceremony. He met with us personally, got to know us, and because we were doing a orthodox crowning ceremony which we wanted him to perform, researched it thoroughly and then wrote the ceremony for me to review. He was prompt with... Read More communication, made changes easily, and did a wonderful job with our ceremony. I would highly recommend him and It's a Wonderful Life to anyone looking for an officiant.

2017-10-09T09:11:59 Response from the vendor

This is one of my favorite couples. They knew what they wanted and was able to guide my research to make sure the ceremony was written just for them. I like a challenge, and this helped to expand my creative horizons. Have a wonderful life... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Tara H

We loved Pastor David! He did a great job catering to exactly what we wanted our ceremony to be like. Elaine was also a huge help in organizing the processional. Great people and they are good at what they do!

2017-08-14T12:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for those kind words. It is true, we really love what we are doing and try to make a ceremony your ceremony. Congrats.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Rebecca R

Pastor David was great! He was on time to the run through and he even came into the bridal room to chat with me right before the ceremony started. He spoke with passion and clarity and kept the guests engaged. He was very flexible with what we wanted to include - right up to the... Read More week before! And he was very relaxed with payment. I would definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Hope R

Pastor David did an excellent job officiating my wedding. He went through the ceremony with us top to bottom well beforehand to be sure that we were happy with everything. The ceremony was beautiful also a little different than what I'd heard from other weddings, which made it... Read More more special.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Brooke A

Words cannot describe how amazing Pastor David is at It's a Wonderful Life Weddings! He was absolutely wonderful in every way and we could not be more thankful for him and his wife Elaine for making sure our wedding ceremony went off without a hitch! Pastor David was incredibly... Read More personable, professional, funny and kind. He made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process! Our wedding was a beautiful success because of Pastor David!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Amanda H

My wife and I got married on October 22, 2016 and Pastor David was absolutely amazing. Our vows were exactly how we wanted them and fit us to a T. He's so patient and really cares about you and making your special day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Natalie C

We got married on September 4, 2016, and Pastor David 100% exceeded our expectations! From our first meeting with him, he made us feel comfortable, and wanted to make sure that our ceremony was exactly how WE wanted it. We got compliments from friends, family members, and... Read More guests on how great he was. We could not have asked for a better ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rachel S

Pastor David did a fantastic job with our ceremony! He was a great speaker and really tailored the ceremony to fit our personalities. We will recommend him to others in the future!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Hannah M

Pastor David Barger and his wife were so amazing. We did a premarital session with them and they had such great advice to share. Pastor David really formed our ceremony around our wants. He was a pleasure to work with and so kind. We would highly recommend It's a Wonderful Life... Read More Weddings.

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Elaine C

Pastor David Barger of It's A Wonderful Life Weddings did an excellent job with our small, non-denominational wedding ceremony. We wanted a private ceremony for our close family and friends to celebrate our marriage. We raised in different faiths and do not practice a common... Read More faith today so we asked for a non-denominational ceremony that would be rather short. Pastor David delivered on all counts. He was professional and knew exactly what we were looking for. And when we had trouble with our music at the last minute he even came through with music on this iphone for us!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Debra C

Cannot say enough amazing things about our pastor David Barger! He took our own ideas and made it into a wonderful ceremony we will treasure forever!!!

Great Officiant

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Amanda L

My husband I and contacted David to officiate our wedding. We do not belong to a church and did not want the service to be overly God-related, and David did a great job accommodating our needs and the wedding ceremony was everything we wanted it to be! He does offer religious... Read More ceremonies if that is what you want. We met with David a couple times before the wedding, once to discuss our needs to see if he was the right fit, and the second time to do a premarital counselling session. David is not a licensed marriage therapist, but he brought up great points for us all to discuss, which we found very beneficial. Overall, we had a very good experience with David and It's A Wonderful Life Weddings. We would highly recommend him!

2015-08-29T08:57:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. My main focus in helping couples is simple; This is your ceremony. Our pre-marital session is popular, and as our reviewer noted while I am not a Licensed Marriage Therapist, I have received many hours of training... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Lindsay G

From the moment we met David and his son Truemon, we knew they were the perfect fit for us. Truemon officiated our wedding and did such a great job!!! He fit in so well with all of our family and friends; I felt like we'd know him for ever!!! Almost like he was there as a friend... Read More :) Such a great feeling. Wold recommend Truemon to anyone!!

2015-08-29T08:59:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much, we love it when your ceremony goes as planned. Truemon spoke very highly of all your family and loved being your Officiant of choice.

Awesome officiant!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Andrea R

Pastor David Barger was a wonderful officiant! My husband's family is Catholic and I was raised Presbyterian, but neither of us are practicing any form of Christianity. We wanted something religious and short. The pastor's "Catholic Lite" ceremony was perfect for us! He quickly... Read More sent over a generic ceremony outline and we modified it to fit our needs. Pastor David is very passionate about his work and it shows. I would highly recommend his service to any engaged couple!