Engagement

Wedding

Photo, Photo + Video

25 North Avenue West, Cranford, NJ (908) 709-1797

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Rana T

We are extremely happy that we went with JF Photography for our wedding. They made us feel comfortable and all the pictures turned out perfect! We have pictures of every aspect of our wedding including the cocktail hour which we did not attend. So having the pictures allows us... Read More to see our guests having fun and enjoying their time. JF Photography really captured our wedding and looking back at our pictures, we can still visualize the wedding day as though it was just happening. Jamal was our photographer, and Kori was our videographer! We couldn't have chosen a better vendor to capture our wedding! When we watched our video teaser, my Husband and I both got goosebumps. Both the videos and photos have our wedding magic captured in them! On the wedding day, I had some ideas of pictures that I wanted and they made them happen. Jamal and Kori were extremely nice and friendly that they made us feel so comfortable and that is what you want when you're taking you're wedding pictures. I never felt stressed or upset, they made sure that we were having fun in the process. Also, when we went in for our consultation Ziad was there and he works on Photoshop, my husband told him that he wanted a picture with a dinosaur in it, and Ziad never forgot! When I went to pick up the pictures he showed me the dinosaur picture. Everyone who saw our pictures absolutely ADORED them!! They gave us all out pictures, we have more than 1,000 pictures from our wedding day! I will definitely be using JF Photography Studio for any future photo shoots or any videos we want taken!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Dena N

Jamal is very professional, friendly, and easy to talk to along with all his staff. Our photos came out beautiful and he had them back to us in no time! All the pictures I received were amazing and nicely edited! He always answered the phone. He called or email back right... Read More away if he wasn't available when we called. His photographers, Lori, Anthony, and his videographer, Greg, where so much fun to have around. They were lively, entertaining and did an amazing job capturing all the photos. They made you feel so comfortable and were able to deal with different personalities within the family. I highly recommend JF photography for any event! You will be pleased!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Michele S

RESPONDING TO JF PHOTOGRAPHY'S RECENT REPLY (BELOW) TO MY NEGATIVE POST ABOUT THEIR AGENCY (2 MONTHS AGO - yes, it took you 2 months to reply to it). Jamal, that was/is a desperate and pathetic attempt to cover yourself. We called you unprofessional then and still stand by... Read More it. The fact is, when we emailed you (in December 2016) about our dissatisfaction with the lack of response (via email or call back), you ignored us. Never once did you call us to discuss and smooth things over. You didn't even reply to that email. You just didn't care and it showed. Furthermore, several photos were out of focus and we couldn't use them. This includes a family shot that we really wanted to use. Every photo that you provided of that particular pose/shot was out of focus. Some outside shots as well. Because your agency doesn't pick up the phone, we had to email all of our changes to you which is why it took so long and had so many rounds of edits. It could have all been done in one (maybe 2) call. This includes the single portraits as well as the album. How quickly you forget this wasn't just about our album. Lastly, the wedding album (when first presented to us as "final") had a black smudge on it (on a white cover). Your colleague handed us a paper towel to wipe it off (ourselves) and commented, "now you see why people get the black cover." Yeah, real professional! Your agency is unprofessional and if you bother to read other comments made about you online, via this and other sites, you'll see we are not the only ones who think so. 28 years with no complaints - research the internet! Maybe you should stop thinking so high of yourself before you lose future clients. All it takes is one bad review. Remember that! AVOID JF PHOTOGRAPHY!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Javier G

Unprofessional, when question where 3/4 of my wedding footage and what they were doing during that time they responded it doesn't matter and that we wanted a 4000 film for 500 when we paid 1600 and would have been better off paying someone 500 dollars instead of the pile of... Read More garbage we received. Stay away, don't let him ruin your wedding as they ruin ours.

2017-07-06T12:23:59 Response from the vendor

Vlada, it is inappropriate to write several false bad reviews over the same event. You are abusing this service and reviews are supposed to be used responsibly, fairly, and not in this manner.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Michele S

The owner (Jamal) is unprofessional.  His office doesn't pick up the phone (once they have your money).  They don't return phone calls unless they need to collect an installment or final payment.  Because they don't have any phone relations, all communications must be done... Read More through email and you don't always get same day response.  This is not good when they send you edits that require more work and weren't done as asked.  This is because his graphic artists struggled with edit requests, and it took many rounds before our individual portraits came out correct. We had to refrain from edit requests to the rest of our 60 photos in our wedding album for fear it would take a year to get it right.  Going back to the individual portraits, after 5 rounds of edits on 6 photos, Jamal sent them to be printed without our sign off.  5 rounds of edits done via email as he would not call us back to discuss.  He knew that we were targeting getting these done for Christmas (we had a early November wedding).  We were clear that we wanted it done right even if that meant we couldn't hit the Christmas deadline. He decided to print them without approval.  One day, we got home and a Fed Ex package with the pics was at our door with a receipt inside (for a couple extra photos we purchased outside of our package deal.  Luckily, they were good enough.  We wrote the owner to complain about radio silence and the inability to call and discuss requested edits.  He ignored the email. He didn't shoot our wedding.  His shooter was contracted.  She was very enthusiastic with a pleasant personality and good with kids.  However, a good handful of our pics were out of focus.  We wanted a pic of both families (immediate members) together.  It was an inside pic and every shot of it was out of focus and couldn't be used.  We did speak to Jamal's office manager (Maryann) to express concern and ask if anything could be done via graphic design.  Her response was, "well, you have so many other nice photos to choose from."  Several of our outdoor pics by a fountain lake were out of focus as well. Lastly, they called us to pick up our album.  When we arrived to pick it up, it had a black smudge on the cover (a white cover).  They never bothered to inspect it prior to our arrival.  Jamal's son was working that day.  He offered a wet paper towel to clean it off and remarked, "that's why people tend to choose the black album cover." Do yourself a favor, avoid JF Photography.  The professionalism and reliability doesn't match the price.  The headaches are not worth it.  There are so many good photographers in NJ that you are better off with someone else

2017-07-06T11:15:15 Response from the vendor

The photographer went out of her way to get all of the special shots you requested at your wedding and your photos came out great. The digital artist did everything he could to please you. As for the phone and email responses, no customer has... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Vlada C

His videographer doing crappy job! Do not order video from them! They show you videos belong not to their videographers, which is really nice , but in reality they contracted to other videographers who do nothing, and half of my wedding day is missing, and videographer complain... Read More that he does not have enough space,like he was first time doing his crappy job. Very disappointed with jf photography.

2017-07-06T11:14:55 Response from the vendor

We are sorry you are unhappy with your video. The video appeared to look poor because of the screen you were using at your house, which your husband admitted after he saw it on our screen. We were also still working on your video when... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Caitlin M

Our wedding was March 25, 2017. We have been working with JF Photography for over a year before our wedding. Jamal took our engagement pictures and did a wonderful job!! We got them within two weeks of taking them so we were able to use them for our save the dates. For the... Read More wedding we had Lori as the photographer and Rob as our videographer. They did awesome work!! They arrived on time and ready to work. Lori and Rob were fun and engaging and made taking pictures a blast!! We got the pictures and USB 2 weeks after the wedding!!! They came out amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Allison B

Jamal did a beautiful job with our photographs for our wedding on March 19, 2016. From the start, JF photography was easy to work with and their pricing is very fair for the quality of photographs that you get. Jamal knew all of the classic wedding shots to take, knew our... Read More venue (Mayfair Farms) extremely well, and was a pleasure to work with. The photographs we took before the ceremony were beautifully posed, formal, classic, and elegant. Jamal made sure to take pictures of family during the reception and friends on the dance floor as well. We (and our family and friends) are very impressed with his work and would recommend him for all future weddings!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Erin P

I got married on September 4th! It was the most magical day of my life! Yesterday I received all the photos. Jamal and Joe captured ever single moment of my special day! Both men were fabulous to work with. They both were professional, patient, and energetic. I highly recommend... Read More J.F.Photography to capture any of your special moments!

Love them!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Jennifer B

Jamal was amazing to work with. Both our parents loved having him take pictures. He took every picture I asked him to take for us and was constantly walking the room and taking pictures that I would never think to take. He was extremely professional, funny and had a clear... Read More vision. Jamal also took our engagement pictures which turned out amazing! We got so many compliments on them!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Jennifer S

We got married June 26th at the Newark Club. We met with Maryanne a year before that , she was amazing and we honestly walked out of the studio feeling like she cared about us. We were not just another "business transaction". About a month before the wedding we meet with our... Read More lead photographer Lori. We told her our ideas and thoughts, she took note of it all. The day of our wedding Lori and Joe were amazing . The pictures they took are beyond amazing . Something we get to look back at forever. I 100% recommended Jf photography. One of the best decisions we made.

We loved JF Photography!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Michele B

My husband and I got married on Friday, June 26 at Mayfair Farms and we hired JF Photography for our photos and video. We are 200% satisfied with JF Photography. Jamal was our lead photographer and we also had a second photographer and a videographer. As soon as we met Jamal, we... Read More immediately felt comfortable with him. He took our engagement pictures, and by the outcome of those, we truly could not wait to see how our actual wedding pictures would come out! Jamal and his crew were extremely professional, fun, and energetic. They stayed the ENTIRE night and worked very hard up until the end of our wedding to get as many photos as they could to capture the true essence of our wedding day. We highly recommend JF Photography and we know that if we need professional photography in the future, we would look no further than Jamal and his crew at JF Photography.

JF Photography is AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Melissa L

Throughout the process of booking our wedding photography and videography, Jamal and Mary Ann were nothing less than helpful, informative, and flexible. They truly understand and "get it" (and are very patient with frazzled brides, which I discovered right before my wedding when... Read More planning was starting to overwhelm me!). We couldn't have been MORE HAPPY with how the employees of JF treated our special day - as if it was a special day for them, too! They were accommodating and helpful, and worked so well with us, our bridal party, families, and friends. They took PHENOMENAL pictures - words can not even begin to describe HOW HAPPY we are with our pictures!! As are our parents and family!! And our video? WOW!! Second to none!!!! We would highly recommend JF Photography to ALL couples looking to book for their wedding (or any special occasion!)!! In fact, my sister and her fiance are using them for their wedding this upcoming May!!!! Congratulations on being SO AMAZING, JF!! Keep it up!! You are stars!!!!!!

JF is the best

Reviewed on 2/03/2015

We got married in August 2014, and today I just picked up my last product from JF Photography. I cannot be happier with them. They did both photo and video for my wedding, they are all so professional and friendly. The quality of work is even more pleasing. We got the online... Read More viewing access of the photos about a month after the wedding along with the CD, the actual album did take a bit long, but I think it depends on your wedding. They are less busy in the winter time. The video included everything I asked for and the quality is really great. The whole team arrived before contract time on the day of the wedding. It was lot of fun to work with them as well. They are very polite to the guests, I am sure nobody would feel intruded by them. They also work with you on the enlargement or anything else you have in mind. I would recommend them to my friends' wedding. Hope this helps!

L.Beatty

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Lauren B

My photographers were great!!! I am so so thankful I used JF Photography - my engagement pictures turned out beautiful!! Steve and Joe were fantastic the day of my wedding! I was an hour late because of my hair and makeup but Steve made me feel relaxed and ensured me we would... Read More get all my pictures in! They were great with my bridal party and my parents. Steve would show me some pictures after he took them and they were breathtaking! I can't wait to see all of my pictures from the day! I highly highly recommend them - super professional, super organized, super friendly - great resumes!!!

Wow!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Gina

Wow! Lori and Christina from JF were absolutely amazing!! My husband and I knew that our pictures would come out beautifully, but I never expected such amazing work! Lori began by calling me a few days before the wedding to get to know us, give us information, and take and... Read More questions and requests we had. The day of the wedding was just amazing. Both of these ladies are so talented and worked so well together! Every moment of our wedding day was captured! From the posed shots to the candid moments at the reception, we were just so thrilled. We never felt bothered or were pulled away from our reception to get a few shots. From the professionalism of these ladies and of JF to the speediness of the proofs to the price, we could not have made a better choice! We absolutely recommend JF-be sure to ask for Lori and Christina! Gina and Gabe

Loved Them!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Jillian M

Jamal and Joseph worked our wedding this past weekend and they were fabulous! JF Photography Studio was recommended to me by a co-worker. I saw her wedding book and fell in love with their work. Jamal arrived on time and you could tell he did his homework (he knew my sister, the... Read More MOH, name and all the shots I requested). He was such a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to see how my photos turn out!!!

Great!

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Chinue H

My photographer was great. She was out of the way but yet she got the pictures that we needed. She was open to suggestions and allowed my family and friends to take pictures. I did my enagament session in a park in Westfield...beautiful! I was able to get all my photos on a... Read More hi-res cd and I received 3 pictures printed in which I was on my wedding day. I opted not to buy an album but I received a photo book and a high-res cd. Pictures were ready on 3 weeks after my wedding. The office staff is very nice and willing to work with you.

The Photographer makes the difference in a great w

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Lori and Stan P

JF Photography was extraordinary!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and give them a call. We checked out many photography services and JF Photography was the best by far! They were very the best in price, friendliness, service, and follow ups with them were so pleasant. I was afraid... Read More that having a photographer and videographer with us all day would be intrusive but that was FAR from the truth. In fact, it was fun. They were so accommodating and professional it was a pleasure having them with us from soup to nuts. They asked for a list of shots ahead of time to make sure that they captured every person and situation that we wanted. But then they went far beyond that to create wonderful "artsy" shots that are going to be incredible. For instance, they brought us into the dining room while our guests continued to enjoy the cocktail hour. They photographed us doing our wedding dance in the gorgeous wedding hall and even had us sit down on the exquisite, shiny marble floor with my wedding dress billowing out around us. The situations he set up were ultra- creative and we are so excited to see the results. We had 140 guests and everyone commented that both Jamal (the photographer) and Ron ( the videographer) were fun, unobtrusive, and actually added to the celebratory feeling of the evening. And when you contact JF, MaryAnn will give you over- the- top professional and friendly service. But the proof is in the pudding! If you want to go to my husband's facebook page in a few weeks you will see the results of their services (Stan Michael Plachinski). We cannot recommend them highly enough! Lori and Stan Plachinski

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Jill S

Love them! We did i not pick our album and prints yet, but the proofs were ready about 2 weeks after the wedding and they look gorgeous! The photographers were friendly and funny to make it enjoyable to take so many pictures. I was running late getting ready and he was patient... Read More waiting for me. There is a lot included in the package for a reasonable price.

Great job!

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Kim F

Bob was wonderful and very helpful. He took all the pictures we requested. Because of time constraints there was an extra photographer prior to the wedding. Great job.

9-10-11 wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Melanie P

Steve took our pictures and he was great. He was very accommodating to us and our guests. The pictures turned out beautiful. We were very happy with the results.

Very good

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Lesley D

Very reasonably priced, very quick to get us our proofs.

Excellent work!

Reviewed on 3/02/2011 Michelle F

We absolutely loved all our pictures!!

Beautiful photos

Reviewed on 3/01/2011 Lupe P

Bob was our photographer and he was amazing!!! We just received our high resolution CD with the photos and they are perfect!!! I can't wait to see our album. The price was very reasonable and we got alot for our money, including an engagement sitting. I am very happy with JF... Read More Photography! I went on a recommendation and I'm glad I did!